Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:53 AM

Haha "Air sol" and the logo looks like a "chocolate starfish"
The humor has always set R* apart from the others smile.gif

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:56 AM

i really dont think that that air ticket would be in there for no reason i mean they must be thinking of sending him there and i think that this may also hint that san andreas is coming before vice city and that is shocking to be because SA is going to take alot more work then vice city would

frip51
  • frip51

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:41 AM

good find!
that'd be too good to be true... colgate.gif

btw: after all, it would be interesting to see a next-gen translation of the SA map. Not to mention that staying within the "old" R* world would be a lot more fun than seeing a completely different thing. What many people forget is the fact that every GTA game so far is - at least to some extent - built upon its predecessor. Especially concerning advertising, brands, and cross references.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (JJCribbins @ May 9 2008, 11:27)
QUOTE (Wilddtd)
The ticket says Air Sol, I forget the name of the fake airline in GTA but I know it isn't that. I wonder why they didn't use the airline from the game?

Juank Airlines me thinks. Can anyone else confirm that? I know that in GTA:IV, it's "FlyUS", or was it R* Airlines? Or maybe that was in a previous GTA? Oops, now I'm like Tony from Vice City on Flash FM - just having one of those flashback flashback flashbacks, haha! lol.gif

GTAIII = Rockstar Airlines
GTAVC = Vice City Air
GTASA = Juank Air
GTAIV = FlyUS

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (DX2069 @ Jun 11 2008, 05:56)
i really dont think that that air ticket would be in there for no reason i mean they must be thinking of sending him there and i think that this may also hint that san andreas is coming before vice city and that is shocking to be because SA is going to take alot more work then vice city would

No, not gonna happen.

If the plane ticket really was a hint like some people say, what about all the other items on that screen? Such as the "Banging on..." DVD? The ticketstub for the ballgame? The LTA Underpass and so on?

frip51
  • frip51

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (emigrating @ Jun 11 2008, 12:20)

No, not gonna happen.

If the plane ticket really was a hint like some people say, what about all the other items on that screen? Such as the "Banging on..." DVD? The ticketstub for the ballgame? The LTA Underpass and so on?

...other hints maybe?

GTA_Robbie
  • GTA_Robbie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:55 AM

Great find.

Anyways, I found this alot strange, at first I thought it was just a glitch or something. But now it just seems to stay here. When I go to the section where it says something like 'Furthest travelled place' or something in the stats box. It always tend to say 'Liberty City to Vice City'

???

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (frip51 @ Jun 11 2008, 10:46)
QUOTE (emigrating @ Jun 11 2008, 12:20)

No, not gonna happen.

...other hints maybe?

Ok, let me put it another way.

We know for a fact that R* North are working on DLC for the Xbox 360. This will not be ready, dusted and released until sometime in spring 2009. Let's say April for the sake of argument (following their existing release schedule, with time added for the delay).

Now, are they [R*] going to leave PS3 owners out in the cold? No, of course they won't, so there will be at least one other big DLC available, let's argue that this will take them as long to produce as one of the exclusive packs, so now we're looking at fall 2009. Then there is the "confirmed" PS3 Home integration? That's gonna take a little time to code/integrate, so now we're close to the end of 2009.

That really doesn't leave much time for a completely new city and game to be released before next-gen hardware arrives. Do we really think they will release a huge title close to the "death" of current-gen consoles? Not to mention the fact R* have said, several times, that they expect IV to last for years - that to me means they'll continue to release expansions to the game (current city) until it's time for a completely new title on the Xbox3/PS4 (of course, Microsoft is a couple years ahead of Sony in terms of hardware "research" at the moment, so even if the Xbox3 is released 2010/2011, we'll have to wait until 2013 or so for a new GTA title - unless they do it as a platform timed exclusive).

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

wow arent you gettin a little ahead of yourself with the PS4 and 2013 thats crazy talk they arent going to make the ps3 look like it was useless it jsut came out last year and on the ps2 they had time to make 5 grand theft autos and with the ps3 being capable of so much more who is to say that they will only have one out for the entore life of the ps3 that seems really short sighted to me sneaky2.gif

--Vega--
  • --Vega--

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:42 PM

That was a good find. I really do hope it's in San Andreas.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:45 PM

Computer glitch, ignore this.

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Jun 11 2008, 16:45)
Computer glitch, ignore this.

first off this was not in the game it was in the social club thing so they put it there idk why you guys are just dismissin this as a glitch

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (DX2069 @ Jun 11 2008, 16:31)
wow arent you gettin a little ahead of yourself with the PS4 and 2013 thats crazy talk they arent going to make the ps3 look like it was useless it jsut came out last year and on the ps2 they had time to make 5 grand theft autos and with the ps3 being capable of so much more who is to say that they will only have one out for the entore life of the ps3 that seems really short sighted to me sneaky2.gif

It's not all about the PS4 though is it? It's about the "generation" in general, and the next-gen hardware is scheduled to arrive in 2010/2011. The only reason I added PS4 and 2013 to the mix was because Sony is around two years behind Microsoft in terms of R&D, meaning either the next GTA will be Xbox exclusive - or it won't be released until the PS4 is out.

But even if we forget all of that, what is your argument against my timelines? We know for a fact there will be atleast two exclusive episodes. We know for a fact that the PS3 will have Home integration. We can make an educated guess that the PS3 will receive at least one episodic pack. This all takes us to the end of 2009 - so why are we even discussing the [remote] possibility of a new city in a new GTA some 2-3 years from now? Especially based on such weak evidence and the fact Rockstar themself have said GTA IV is built to last years.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:04 PM

It has been posted before somewhere. But i think R* just threw it in there so they think like you expectin them to go back to SA at some point. I just doubt they will and i dont want them to either SA was good but its been done lets find somewere else now R*.

Kamikaze™
  • Kamikaze™

Its as if today has 25 hours :(

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (mupet0000 @ May 9 2008, 11:11)
QUOTE (Tyla @ May 9 2008, 00:42)
Well spotted!

Makes me wonder what Niko would do in San Andreas... Chill out on Santa Maria beach and swim a bit, possibly get a condom stuck to his face while doing so? Or Roman and Mallorie's honeymoon?

No chance because if you went with the other ending, roman got killed.

Could just be explained as Niko going to SA to escape the big city, and ending up in sh*t

But this could be totally possible, especially if they keep the original San Andreas. As far as I know it'd just be a case of importing the original city model and modifying it a little to go well texture-wise. Definately possible, let's hope it is tre tounge.gif

NIKO_LIBERTY
  • NIKO_LIBERTY

Things go better with Niko_Liberty

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I've always thought after the completion of the game that their would be a next step in Niko Bellic's life.
My moneys on a Vice City remake though or Carcer City.

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (emigrating @ Jun 11 2008, 18:01)

It's not all about the PS4 though is it? It's about the "generation" in general, and the next-gen hardware is scheduled to arrive in 2010/2011. The only reason I added PS4 and 2013 to the mix was because Sony is around two years behind Microsoft in terms of R&D, meaning either the next GTA will be Xbox exclusive - or it won't be released until the PS4 is out.

But even if we forget all of that, what is your argument against my timelines? We know for a fact there will be atleast two exclusive episodes. We know for a fact that the PS3 will have Home integration. We can make an educated guess that the PS3 will receive at least one episodic pack. This all takes us to the end of 2009 - so why are we even discussing the [remote] possibility of a new city in a new GTA some 2-3 years from now? Especially based on such weak evidence and the fact Rockstar themself have said GTA IV is built to last years.

i guess what you could say my arguement is is that i want proof hahaha not to be a dick or anything but i still dont understand why you think there is no way that this ticket can not be true in every gta they have hinted where the story goes next III hinted at Vice City and thats whre they went Vice city hinted at SA and thats where they went SA talked alot about Liberty City and that is where we are now and it is hinting at going back to SA tounge.gif

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

Resident Actor, Dancer, and Singer

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Wilddtd @ May 9 2008, 02:17)
The ticket says Air Sol, I forget the name of the fake airline in GTA but I know it isn't that. I wonder why they didn't use the airline from the game?

Because there's more than one airline in the world today? This isn't the 1920s where there's one airline that consists of a couple of hunks of sheet metal with wings, a propeller, and a little cubby for you to lie down in and watch the treetops whip by on your way across the state.

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (DX2069 @ Jun 11 2008, 21:16)

i guess what you could say my arguement is is that i want proof hahaha not to be a dick or anything but i still dont understand why you think there is no way that this ticket can not be true in every gta they have hinted where the story goes next III hinted at Vice City and thats whre they went Vice city hinted at SA and thats where they went SA talked alot about Liberty City and that is where we are now and it is hinting at going back to SA tounge.gif

I can't give you proof - nobody can. What I can give is an educated response telling you why there won't be another "proper" GTA release for quite a long time. I could be completely wrong, that's why it's called a "guess", but since it's an educated one chances are it's correct smile.gif

Anyway, following your logic, I would be more inclined to think VC was next as I have heard a lot more talk about Vice City on the radio and from random pedestrians in-game. The SA references do exist (such as the airline ticket, and a few references in-game), but I've seen/heard way more of VC.

RimsLookLikeCocaCola
  • RimsLookLikeCocaCola

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:06 PM

I can see it know.

Niko wondering around Los Santos.

(Rolling Heights Balla) What you doing were(you know us Black people are illeterate) that green?

(Niko) Tis the color of money. And it says I Love Los Santos

*9mm shots*

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (emigrating @ Jun 11 2008, 21:21)
QUOTE (DX2069 @ Jun 11 2008, 21:16)

I can't give you proof - nobody can. What I can give is an educated response telling you why there won't be another "proper" GTA release for quite a long time. I could be completely wrong, that's why it's called a "guess", but since it's an educated one chances are it's correct smile.gif

Anyway, following your logic, I would be more inclined to think VC was next as I have heard a lot more talk about Vice City on the radio and from random pedestrians in-game. The SA references do exist (such as the airline ticket, and a few references in-game), but I've seen/heard way more of VC.

haha i think we have gotten ourselves into quite and arguement haha but i still think its going to be SA not that ill be pissed if its VC i loved them both, when i herd about IV being in Libery city again i wasnt happy i didnt like III at all but this game has really impressed me way more than i thought it would cool.gif

williamcampbell
  • williamcampbell

The trespasser of dimensions.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:33 AM

QUOTE (Drippin'187 @ May 9 2008, 02:21)
i hope they do make one with SA. take san andreas, update everything to gta IV quality, with a more realistic map, that sh*t would be great

And no 'gangsta' theme, thanks!
I would love it, without that crap.

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:33 AM

QUOTE (williamcampbell @ Jun 12 2008, 02:33)
QUOTE (Drippin'187 @ May 9 2008, 02:21)
i hope they do make one with SA. take san andreas, update everything to gta IV quality, with a more realistic map, that sh*t would be great

And no 'gangsta' theme, thanks!
I would love it, without that crap.

At the very least, stick with the gangster theme. The previews touted how different a direction it was for SA to go and make you a gang banger, but by the end you were a multi-millionaire playboy and rap manager getting into dogfights in Harrier jets on the weekends.

If you're going to spend so much time on a gang theme, stick with it for more than a few dozen missions.

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:19 PM

thats the way they all have gone IV has the choce of making alot of money by the end SA you get rich VC you get rich and III was a terrable game so im not even going to comment

SaW
  • SaW

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:28 PM

I saw this picture at gtainside.de , and am hoping it would be a sequel.

[off]Didn't Roman die? Or was i too selfish to take the money instead of revenge? tounge.gif [/off]

JinkyJoe360
  • JinkyJoe360

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:12 PM Edited by JinkyJoe360, 13 June 2008 - 05:16 PM.

how do i do the thing were it's black and you go on 2 it and u can read it??? confused.gif

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:18 PM

QUOTE (JinkyJoe360 @ Jun 13 2008, 17:12)
how do i do the thing were it's black and you go on 2 it and u can read it??? confused.gif

CODE
[SPOILER]Your text here[/SPOILER]

Which will turn out like

Your text here

JinkyJoe360
  • JinkyJoe360

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:27 PM

(spoiler)thnx(spoiler)[/CODE]

shockhazard
  • shockhazard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (Wilddtd @ May 9 2008, 02:17)

you talking about juank air?

chitoryu12
  • chitoryu12

• Members

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (JinkyJoe360 @ Jun 13 2008, 17:27)
(spoiler)thnx(spoiler)[/CODE]

Epic fail, dude.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users