• None

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

I sill play it, but Vista crashes it loads. angry.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

I don't know why exactly we are arguing over this. We're all members of a GTA website, so naturally, people will take sides. Everyone is entitled to like what they like, so it's a bit silly to try and convince someone to change in that respect.

We're meant to be brothers, not enemies. icon14.gif

punknoodle
  • punknoodle

A friend in need is a PEST!!!

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

Way to go Stefan.

For me the number 1 rule of GTA is "never knock anyones enthusiasm for this game!"

I want to get GTA IV just to have a new city to explore.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:18 AM

Yeah, that's the attitude I want to see! I haven't got IV yet, so I'm still happy with San Andreas, but that doesn't mean that I think III and Vice City are sh*t! I may not think they are as good as San Andreas, but each GTA game has it's goods. It's just a little stupid to debate which one is better; everyone thinks differently, and we all have our own opinions.

Struff Bunstridge
  • Struff Bunstridge

...loading...

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:59 PM

I got a copy of VC recently, after playing SA for the last year or so. I've found VC incredibly difficult, as I'm used to SA's improved aiming and fighting systems on PS2. He doesn't move as well, and I tend to get killed quite easily; I'm a little worried I won't be able to play it unless I lock SA away somewhere for the next six months. Fingers are still crossed for GTAIV/PS3 birthday action next month.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

The main reason why I play San Andreas a load, and not GTA IV, Because I don't have the game (I don't have any consoles), and I'm not buying it just for 1 game. mercie_blink.gif . I will get GTA IV If it does come to PC, hopefully it will, but if it does, I play San Andreas during the time, before it does come to PC (Hopefully)

panther0567
  • panther0567

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:27 AM

I play LCS and VCS every night on my PSP before going to sleep. Also, in a couple of days I'm going on vacation to Mexico so I'll be playing it on the airplane. biggrin.gif

decoherance
  • decoherance

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

SA is the best game ever made imo, and if my PS2 still worked and wasnt in bits I would still be playing it.
So Im playing IV on the 360 instead which is great and multiplayer is a blast, but its no San Andreas.

Mo4pheus
  • Mo4pheus

[BBF] Baptized By Fire - FPS/RTS Clan

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

Wow - I haven't posted in here in quite some time..............

I have SA on PC - as someone else already said, there are a ton of mods out there for SA. I had III and VC installed, but screwed both up while modding and didn't want to go through all the crap again (reinstalling, reconfiguring etc...).

I have IV - play it daily. I also have kids that enjoy other games like Halo 3. So, whilst they are killing grunts and jackals, I am on my PC wreaking havoc in SA.

I don't think a single person on these boards can complain (Not targeting the OP) about someone playing an old game.

We all do it at one time or another. Hell, I still play old RPG's on occasion. Or Mortal Kombat.........Ah, the good ole days. lol

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:36 PM

No offense to IV but SA kicks its ass gameplay wise. From what i've seen and heard after you finish the game theres not much to really do.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

For me GTA III and IV are par, Vice City and Liberty City Stories are in one and San Andreas & Vice City Stories in one. Well per features and the first one I mentioned (3&4) are far superior but still, IV removed some stuff like minigun and them that didn't be there in III.

But still... San Andreas > all of them.

mrfuji
  • mrfuji

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:10 AM

San andreas was the best game , when it came out.

I stopped playing SA in Feb on my PC.The MODS greatly increase SA's replay value.

I can't wait for GTA IV to be out on the PC though.
The modifications ti will receive will surely make it one of my best games though.

dwood
  • dwood

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:46 AM

Well i am new to pcs so i only started playing the gta games less than a year ago i played gta2 for a couple of months and enjoyed that a lot. Then i found gta 3 going cheap in the shops and i was totally blown away by it however the game kept crashing when the police chased after me so i eventually stopped playing that i found a patch for it last week and there didnt seem to be any crashes anymore so i can start playing gta3 again. I bought San Andreas in march and i have played it practically everyday since i play it more than any other pc game and i can see me sticking with it for years. I like the fact how you can just screw around doing pointless things like having girlfriends and gambling and races etc

gamer84
  • gamer84

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:55 AM

Phew finally beat the game just now...so many side mission to enjoy,beside i dont have next gen console so in the mean time SA is my GTA fix

PhilipO43
  • PhilipO43

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:23 PM

1)I love GTA:IV, and personally, i'd take it's improved core play(physics/animation/cover/npc's are not zombies/friend npc's have better a.., better driving..ect) over a expanded feature set, any day.

Not to mention the storyline is much better done as is (Niko)the main character.

First you improve the core gamplay, before you add the fluff(features that have nothing to do with the storyline).

Why is is so hard to equally enjoy flying CJ in a jetpack over SA, as it is Niko playing pool with a friend in GTA:IV?

Are you guys just plain f'in stupid?

To argue about games within the SAME SERIES, is just insane.

2)I still play III, VC, SA every week, and now, both versions of GTA:IV.

Actually i'm sick of every other 360/Ps3/pc game on the market now, because this series is unmatched.

I loved the story&music from VC, and the crazyness of SA, as each GTA has a different feel.

So can you whiners stop ripping into the other GTA's?

3)For the pc freaks(and i love my pc gaming), stop trying to make GTA:IV seem like nothing, you know you will go crazy once it's announced for the pc.(whenever that may be)

And please stop saying "i'm not paying the $$ for a console". Really?, is $400 going to break your budget, of which probably includes dual SLI Geforce cards, of which each runs $400 apiece?

lol.. Out of all the one's to compain about spending money, that does not work if you a pc gamer. I should know, i used to spend $2000+
every 2 yrs to keep it top of the line.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:26 PM

I agree that the people whining about this GTA being better than another is annoying. I always try to lay off and just think about the greatness and feeling each GTA has given me, they are indeed unmatched.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

I still play SA and the other old GTA games.. I personally like the old ones better than IV.

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 11:53 PM

Can't we all just agree that any GTA is better than Saints Row. tounge.gif J/k

I'm an avid Pc gamer and I love playing San Andreas. I don't own a console but I do look forward to purchasing IV when it comes out. I have enjoyed all the GTAs and each one has their own persona and feeling. San Andreas has plenty of mini features, but the only ones I really use are Mod shops, clothing. It doesn't matter cause even if there were no jet aircraft or gambling I would still play the game. I hear so many complaints about how GTAIV is so boring and crap. I can understand reasonable faults within the game being and issue but most of the time its something about "tHe JETpack waznt tehre soz dis game suck". I'm going to complete the IV story mode before I even think about going on line. By the time I reach 100% completion, most of the people who hate GTA4 will be offline playing some other game and finally I will be able to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played. Thats just my oppinion, but I prefer games with substance instead of features.

Gman8
  • Gman8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:09 AM

Agreed that GTASA is more favorite. I don't play games that much, but when I do play, I still play GTASA and it's still fun.

I think GTAIV is better than SA of course. It doesn't have as many features, but I think the advancements in graphics, multiplayer/online and such make it a better more advanced game than SA. However, it did not revolutionist the game world like SA did back in 2004. Sure they were both highly anticipated (IV even more of course) but I thought SA was just better for its time. Back in 2004 our expectations were lower than today and SA was the game that really didn't leave anything out of it. It had everything, as opposed to IV where there were some things that we wanted because SA spoiled us with it. Some people may have hated the gangster setting and playing a game as a black man (sad but damn true) but there was no denying the many features that SA brought to the table.

Girish
  • Girish

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:43 AM

QUOTE (JasonThummel @ Jun 3 2008, 05:23)
Can't we all just agree that any GTA is better than Saints Row. tounge.gif J/k

That ain't a joke, it's a fact. wink.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:50 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 04 June 2008 - 04:10 AM.

QUOTE (PhilipO43 @ Jun 3 2008, 05:23)
First you improve the core gamplay, before you add the fluff(features that have nothing to do with the storyline).

Yes, and people have to remember they can't have everything they want.

GTA III didn't have half of what SA had, but we still enjoyed it.

Now if this game was still using the same engine from before, I would definitely question why R* cut back, but I can somewhat understand. Maybe they didn't feel comfortable, because everything was new. Think about it, this is the first GTA to use RAGE, and Euphoria. SA used a tweaked GTA III engine, enabling R* time to give us more planes, parachutes, car customizing etc.

Everyone jumps down R*s throat from not adding this, or that, but they don't take into consideration how much was actually put into the game, core gameplay wise. I'm no game desinger, but I would imagine GTA IV would've been a much more difficult task than SA for the simple fact just about everything had to be built from scratch.

Anyway I like all GTAs. Some more than others, but they all offer something different. IMO a true GTA fan should like all GTAs for what they offer. Anyone who calls a certain GTA outright sh*t, and still calls themselves a GTA fan needs to be taken to the woodshed.

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

Anyway I like all GTAs. Some more than others, but they all offer something different. IMO a true GTA should like all GTAs for what they offer. Anyone who calls a certain GTA outright sh*t, and still calls themselves a GTA fan needs to be taken to the woodshed.

It's true, all GTAs have been pretty damn good. And If you don't like one of them, then you aren't really a fan of the series. (Because they are all technically the same concept)

nickstemoeilijk
  • nickstemoeilijk

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (JasonThummel @ Jun 3 2008, 14:53)
Anyway I like all GTAs. Some more than others, but they all offer something different. IMO a true GTA should like all GTAs for what they offer. Anyone who calls a certain GTA outright sh*t, and still calls themselves a GTA fan needs to be taken to the woodshed.

It's true, all GTAs have been pretty damn good. And If you don't like one of them, then you aren't really a fan of the series. (Because they are all technically the same concept)

You're absolutely right... I'm sick of whiny kids in the GTA IV section claiming the game sucks, when they never even played the first one to begin with. It's only when you've played them all you truly see the evolution.

And each GTA game had its strengths and weaknesses. It's just a matter of appreciating the game for what it is.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:16 AM

Yeah I've been a GTA fan for 10 years, and have seen how much the series has evolved. From the 2D top down of GTA 1, all the way to the living, and breathing GTA IV. I don't like these clowns that were only introduced to it a couple of years ago, and bag the crap out of the early GTAs.

Each GTA offers something. Although SA IMO has the weakest character/story, as a game I truely appreciate it. It was/is a massive game, and far ahead of its time. Much like GTA III, and VC were. GTA IV probably isn't as unique in that respect, but it sure is an asset to the series.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

I agree with Miamivicecity on this one. I've only been playing GTA games since 2003 (with Vice City), yet I still somewhat appreciate the earlier top-down GTA games. I may not necessarily like them, but I know that they are better than a lot of PS1 games and are still fun to play. I've never been a fan of those who hate a game in order to protect their's; why can't people just like things for what they are?

Bullet_Chris
  • Bullet_Chris

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (XxcyclonxX @ May 9 2008, 01:38)
QUOTE (Dreakon @ May 8 2008, 23:49)
Not to mention us PC-exclusive players don't have any GTA4... yet.

AND U NEVER WILL MUUUUUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

JK biggrin.gif

I am not dissapointed about that, even if GTA IV would come out for PC I would still want to buy a console to play it! biggrin.gif

Jovielos
  • Jovielos

I am Rock

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:39 AM

QUOTE (XxcyclonxX @ May 8 2008, 23:41)
Im just suprised because theres somany people that are still on the sa forums! Do u guys have gtaIV?

Would you be more surprised if I told you that I'm in the middle of GTA 3? rolleyes.gif I've played GTA SA 2 times, after some major feckups I started all over and are now aiming for 100% lol.gif GTA 3 though is just to get some variety.

Haven't got GTA IV since I don't have consoles. I only play on computer anyway tounge.gif

doesntcheatGTA
  • doesntcheatGTA

An eye for an eye, a truth for a truth

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 June 2008 - 05:45 AM

Isn't there already a topic just like this?

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=353696

Search first, post later.

Jovielos
  • Jovielos

I am Rock

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 06:46 AM

QUOTE (doesntcheatGTA @ Jun 5 2008, 05:45)
Isn't there already a topic just like this?

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=353696

Search first, post later.

and that topic is linked to this topic so no wonder some of us gets confused smile.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (Bullet_Chris @ Jun 4 2008, 20:44)
QUOTE (XxcyclonxX @ May 9 2008, 01:38)
QUOTE (Dreakon @ May 8 2008, 23:49)
Not to mention us PC-exclusive players don't have any GTA4... yet.

AND U NEVER WILL MUUUUUUUUAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

JK biggrin.gif

I am not dissapointed about that, even if GTA IV would come out for PC I would still want to buy a console to play it! biggrin.gif

Why? The experience as a whole will be much better on a PC than on a 360/PS3. confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users