PEOPLE STILL PLAY?

419 replies to this topic
yeahmantiptap
  • yeahmantiptap

Night Life

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Yeah still play GTA SA, so good feeling about this game !

Xing of Virtue
  • Xing of Virtue

Life makes no sense when fish are gay.

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:02 AM Edited by lil weasel, 15 August 2016 - 11:56 AM.

I don't. I retired from playing SA since 2011.

GTA_The_Series
  • GTA_The_Series

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:25 PM Edited by lil weasel, 15 August 2016 - 11:58 AM.

@shqrk: Lol i get a grate feeling while playing SA. It's not creepy right? :p

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Here's my card....

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:23 AM

Still playing and will continue playing as long as possible.
  • Light Syde Riandy likes this

The Ghost 206
  • The Ghost 206

H.N.I.C.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:18 PM

I still play it from time to time not as much lately but its still in rotation for me

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 October 2015 - 08:09 AM

Got it on my iphone and 360 but rarely play it

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Wake me up when September ends.

• Members
  • Jersey

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:51 PM

I uninstalled the game for the third (and final) time this January to clear space for GTAV, but many of my mates still play it and a lot of them are still fascinated by it, for the past many years. :)

Rockbo47
  • Rockbo47

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:37 AM Edited by lil weasel, 15 August 2016 - 11:59 AM.

EDIT: << merged new topic into existing topic. >>

I've recently started another play through on my original PS2 copy (playing on PS3) for the ultimate nostalgia trip and I'm loving it.  It's like going back in time.

I'm just curious do people still play the classics now with the likes of GTAV out there?  You can't beat this game imo

• Funktipus likes this

MetalMilitia89
  • MetalMilitia89

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 15 August 2016 - 11:48 AM

Haven't played any HD Era GTA Game in depth since 2014 other than CW which I played in March/April 2015.  So yeah, I've ONLY been playing III, VC, SA, LCS, and VCS for the most part since 2014.  Since 2014, I've done 8 100% Saves with SA on two Platforms (PS2 and iOS) trying to perfect my play style and Game Saves.  I, too, play SA on my PS3, but not the Digital Version and instead, the physical PS2 V1 Copy I bought on release date back in 2004 since the PS3 I have is backward compatible.

SA was and always will be the king of the Series...

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy, Light Syde Riandy, thehambone and 2 others like this

Funktipus
  • Funktipus

Homie

• Members

Posted 15 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

EDIT: << merged new topic into existing topic. >>

I've recently started another play through on my original PS2 copy (playing on PS3) for the ultimate nostalgia trip and I'm loving it.  It's like going back in time.

I'm just curious do people still play the classics now with the likes of GTAV out there?  You can't beat this game imo

I'm a GTA maniac....still rocking SA, GTAIII, VC, VCS & LCS on my old PS2. I never stop playing the classics.

Co-sign with MetalM....even today, SA is still the king of the series, with GTAIII a close second.

• Rockbo47 likes this

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

Hell yeah! I just got 3 copies from GameStop 3 or 4 Month ago on Xbox 360 ( no internet) on purpose. I have my V & other HD games on Xbox one.

All my classics such as MP2 The Fall of Max Payne, RDR, all on my 360.
SA is so damn addicting to me. In the beginning, I collect all oysters before the story, hitman on all guns. Have CJ maxed out before I meet Big traitor on Johnson's house. I save that progress. Should I ever start over, I never start from the start. I delete what I've done to all to the end & when I get that feeling, I just start from Big Smoke from beginning where I have had all my leg work done as mentioned above.

Understand that I view this game as a new GTA! Why? I never played this, ever. Heaven knows why but never. So, when I played this, and a big info on this forum with great members who are veterans on this, I'm becoming close to good. What I love about this game aside from EVERYTHING? The characters around me. I got attached too soon. Well, I've over-welcomed my reply.

PS: I still have the original OLD 1st Xbox with Vice City. Still works. Don't play it but it works. I cherish what has been given to me, A collector if you will.
  • Rockbo47 likes this

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:49 PM

13873103_10157227457950403_4212349665918

Beaten this game so many times it's ridiculous. I've got 100% saves with and without using cheats. Master saves for all of the PS2 copies and a wild card PS2 with saves with territory glitches / Madd Dogg glitch / Basketball and Saved custom vehicles made using Gameshark codes.

The PS3 is almost finished and I've yet to play the so called unplayable Xbox 360 copy.

Out of the lot my favorite will always be the Original Xbox with the PC and PS3 coming close second.

• Tomasak, thehambone, Kenneth Rosenberg and 2 others like this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:59 PM

Aint the PS3 almost same port as the xbox 360? Also i heard rumours that PS3 version have 2 players missions, could you please tell me if it's truth (with pics please)

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:05 PM

No 2 player on PS3.

I assume the Xbox360 is the same as PS3...but with all the complaining around here I'm going to have to find out for myself. :santa:

• HolyGrenadeFrenzy likes this

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 15 August 2016 - 10:15 PM

Two things i have noticed from videos: PS3 has corrected cutscene FOV (now matches again PS2, PC and original xbox), the icons that appears on screen doesn't have removed black circle unlike xbox 360, so they look the same as on mobile.

BoltOfLightning
  • BoltOfLightning

Nature's Finest!

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

lol i am stuck with sa for the rest of my life 

pc

Rambo_AFC
  • Rambo_AFC

Absolute Disgrace.

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

Nearly everyday.
  • Rockbo47 likes this

Khal Drogo
  • Khal Drogo

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 20 August 2016 - 02:31 PM

I will retire SAMP, the day throwing RolePlay GTA V.

Michael
  • Michael

I laughed and shook his hand and made my way back home.

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:00 PM Edited by Bleached, 20 August 2016 - 03:01 PM.

I haven't played Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for two weeks now but when I'm getting bored of Grand Theft Auto Online I usually play the remastered version and just drive around the map, since I already finished the story line haha. :p
  • Rockbo47 likes this

Fugitive19
  • Fugitive19

Crackhead

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 21 August 2016 - 06:05 AM Edited by Fugitive19, 21 August 2016 - 06:08 AM.

I'll tell you why I play still.

I've played only three GTA games: LC, VC, SA. I had my first experience with San Andreas in a public computer room (we still had those at that time), and I was running around sunny Los Santos, all fresh and unexplored, with friends and other gamers beside me playing the same game.

Later, when I got a decent computer, I was able to beat the game at my home for the first time, and I fell in love with its story. Replayed the storyline missions five times through. Speaking of computers, though, I've never had a good computer for its time. I still don't have a machine to run GTA IV.

Since I can enjoy a game without graphics or physics, I found myself playing this game again - quite differently than before, though.

• Rockbo47 likes this

Rockbo47
  • Rockbo47

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:55 AM

It's so awesome that this game is still alive.  The last previous gen GTA playthrough I did was VC back in 2010, no idea why it's taken me so long to get back to one.  New releases are amazing and all but for me, you cant beat the soul of the old series.  I'm sure nostalgia enriches it some what but man they dont make em like they used to.

CesarCorona
  • CesarCorona

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

It's so awesome that this game is still alive.  The last previous gen GTA playthrough I did was VC back in 2010, no idea why it's taken me so long to get back to one.  New releases are amazing and all but for me, you cant beat the soul of the old series.  I'm sure nostalgia enriches it some what but man they dont make em like they used to.

You SO on point man. For me it's new since I got 4 disc of these. I'm constantly being surprise at new things I didn't know. Sure I have Xbox one for HD games.

I keep my Xbox 360 strictly for this game along. Maybe a back up 360 because I WILL never let go of this game.
So much fun, so detailed in property's & so addicted to the characters around me. It's a game that I guarantee HD series can't compare as in all the property's the correct way, no lie rider update needed because boom, it's in this game. It's so freshly new to me as a newbie to this ahead of its time.
  • Rockbo47 likes this

Kostadinoff
  • Kostadinoff

MAINA TOWN

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 4 weeks ago

That's the only copy I have, but I still play it and will never stop. Finishing it over and over again. The gameplay and the atmosphere in this game is absolutely f*ckin' amazing! I love it. As you can see behind the game, I'm still using XP lol. Keep it classic.

4b7d94a2901b216b.jpg

• Blackalien likes this

TaylorTheCreator
  • TaylorTheCreator

セクシーな雌犬

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 4 weeks ago

Its been 3 years since i played it.

Achlys
  • Achlys

You're Dying to Be With Me

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 4 weeks ago

Yep, I play the 360 version...

Mister Leone
  • Mister Leone

Post Mortem Boredom

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by Mister Leone, 4 weeks ago.

Play it on the PS4. Something about the PS2 port feels right. Los Santos has the orange hue, the skies in Bone County turning into a dark purple at sunset, it feels right. SA isn't my favorite GTA game, but it's always fun and has aged gracefully all things considered, I never feel like I'm playing some dusty ass game when I'm playing SA. It gives me freedom at the level of and arguably exceeding GTA V.

nightwica
  • nightwica

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hungary

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yep, here I am :) I love replaying the GTA games after 10 years. When I was a kid, all the missions seemed much harder even using cheat codes, and now almost all missions seem easy, or rather easy, with zero cheats :))) 

• AboveTheLawHD likes this

dekash27
  • dekash27

Spam hater

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted A week ago

I just played San Andreas an hour ago, I know I'm stuck with this classic for life :D
  • AboveTheLawHD likes this

AboveTheLawHD
  • AboveTheLawHD

Gaming Addict

• Members
  • England

Posted A day ago

After all this time, I still haven't completed GTA San Andreas, recently got back into it on the remastered edition on the PS3. The game is just so much fun, even to this day!  :panic:

Kenneth Rosenberg
  • Kenneth Rosenberg

Tommy Vercetti is an Innocent Man

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 hours ago

Just started GTA San Andreas tonight after finishing GTA 3 and Vice City in the last few months. I'm playing through the 3d era. San Andreas looks better than ever on PC as well with the widescreen fixes and silent patch these originals are really great to play from the 3d era. To me they are better than the more recent releases of IV and V.

HItdmBY.jpg

• MetalMilitia89 and AboveTheLawHD like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users