Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

Missed one Claudes suit from GTA3 is in Playbox X's Apartment if you kill him

Happy ninja
  • Happy ninja

Ninja pirate

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:01 PM Edited by Happy ninja, 07 May 2008 - 05:14 PM.

I tried to read as many posts as i could but i only got to page 5 so i dont know if this is in there.

When talking to francis or the other bloke in alderney state correctional facilty thing
behind them on an officer rotation board it says.
1st officer: seymore fani
2nd officer: richard head

theres two or three more but i cant remember them. im trying to find a pic.

ThomasPL
  • ThomasPL

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

buy i not have gta 4. i want see screenshot with claude suit.

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

Turn 10 first.

zeno52
  • zeno52

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 7 2008, 16:41)
QUOTE (zeno52 @ May 7 2008, 14:13)
QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 6 2008, 16:29)
There is also the "NURB RENDA" graffiti. Which references the NURB rendering that replaced standard polygons and is commonly used in the newer games.  NURBS, Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3-D geometry that can accurately describe any shape.  Hence the really detailed models and shading.

Sorry, I do some 3D work on the side... and games do not use NURBS. Movies occasionally do, because rendering times allow for it...but realtime 3D engines always use polygons. They are quicker to render (you do realize that NURBS get converted into polygon data when you render them out anyways, right?), and a game engine is going to be as optimized as possible, which means we may never see a video game with NURBS data. If we do, it won't be anytime soon.

Now, it IS possible that GTA models were originally created w/ NURBS, but they were definitely converted to polygons for the actual game engine. Like I said, since the renderer converts NURBS into quads or triangles anyways, you might as well handle the conversion yourself on the artist side so your model is hand-optimized.

The really detailed modeling you are speaking of is probably a result of normal mapping. This was first used with good effect in Doom3. That's where you bake high-res mesh lighting data onto a low-res mesh. So a 20k polygon mesh gets baked onto a 1 or 2k mesh, with the only discernible difference being the way the silhouette looks.

NURBS is primarily used as a modeling tool. It won't allow for models to look any better than a polygonal model, btw. The only thing I like about NURBS is having the UV data built-in, so I don't have to project/unwrap/lay out my UVs before painting textures.

/ramble off

Either way...it's there

True - I was just compelled to correct your 2 flawed assertions: that NURBS is used in games (not a single one), and that NURBS was responsible for how great the game looks (nonsensical).

Sorry!

Now, to actually address the subject of this thread:

Can anyone confirm the Seinfeld easter egg, or give better directions to it? I read on the (terrible, terrible) GameFAQs board that there is a diner with the Seinfeld cast inside of it. If so, I definitely want to see it!

JtotheROC
  • JtotheROC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:51 PM

In the internet Liberty Tree news site, one story is about urban myths. It mentions bigfoot, ghosts and a whole bunch of other stuff people thought would be in IV or SA, kind of an easter egg refernece in an easter egg.

Another news story talks about how videogames make people into murderers, it would be hilarious if not for the fact that some people are actually using those exact argument, in all seriousness.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Postmodernism

SuperJay
  • SuperJay

Caporegime

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Apologies if this has already been posted - I skimmed the thread but didn't see any mentions.

Under the "Street Names" category, many of the streets on Bohan are named after prisons. Here's the ones I've seen so far:

1. Leavenworth Ave
2. Alcatraz Ave
3. Sing Sing Ave
4. Guantanamo Ave
5. Attica Ave
6. San Quentin Ave
7. Folsom Way (best known from "Folsom Prison Blues" by Johnny Cash)
8. Rykers Ave (from the fictional Rykers Island prison in Marvel Comics)

R_A_LEE202
  • R_A_LEE202

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:11 PM

There's an Easter Egg inside Brucie's Chopper when you unlock that service, turn the camera to the right when in cockpit view and you will see a sign saying:

'This helicopter might crash but we dont care, you might care, maybe.'

The writing is very hard to see being blurry but i think that's what it says or something very close to it, i laughed lol.

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (zeno52 @ May 7 2008, 17:46)

True - I was just compelled to correct your 2 flawed assertions: that NURBS is used in games (not a single one), and that NURBS was responsible for how great the game looks (nonsensical).

Sorry!

Now, to actually address the subject of this thread:

Can anyone confirm the Seinfeld easter egg, or give better directions to it? I read on the (terrible, terrible) GameFAQs board that there is a diner with the Seinfeld cast inside of it. If so, I definitely want to see it!

More likely contributed to the shaders. As far as the seinfeld thing.....em...no havent heard of it.. But it would be cool.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:57 PM Edited by Mr. Someguy, 07 May 2008 - 09:05 PM.

You might wanna add car names too. For example, "Sultan RS" said fast sounds like "salt in arse"

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

Anyone seen this?

user posted image

LMAO clearly a reference to the Hot Coffee Scandal. And I am sure we all know that Sprunk means "Man Juice", and "Man Juice" is Sperm lol.

*Credit to doa kappatango for finding this*

rdank
  • rdank

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:45 AM

I'm sorry for the lack of pictures, I have no quality camera at the moment.

Anyway, I had heard that the Statue of Happiness's face is very similar to Hilary Clinton's. So, I grabbed a heli and flew over to Happiness Island. I got as close to the statue and at first, it just seemed to look the same as the statue on the map. But then, my eyes focused a little more and there she was, clear as day. It was actually a bit creepy.

Can anybody help me out and get a picture? I could go get one tonight or tomorrow night, but it'll be of horrible quality.

V1ce C1ty
  • V1ce C1ty

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:00 AM

The phone numbers on the front page for bean machine etc are fake. I tryed them all didn't work.

RiffRaff1138
  • RiffRaff1138

A Handyman

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy)
You might wanna add car names too. For example, "Sultan RS" said fast sounds like "salt in arse"
Does that even mean anything? Is "salt in arse" a phrase or something? That seems like too much of a stretch. I'm pretty sure it's just to differentiate it from the regular Sultan.

QUOTE (rdank)
I had heard that the Statue of Happiness's face is very similar to Hilary Clinton's.
Read the thread before you post.

numdmind
  • numdmind

numdmind

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:00 AM Edited by numdmind, 08 May 2008 - 03:02 AM.

OK, I found what looks to be a human grave in Hatton Gardens...Well, possibly. I'll let you guys decide. Unfortunately, my wife took my camera with her today, so all I can do is say that it's on a northeast corner in Hatton Gardens near a statue and a cannon (or a statue of a cannon).

It's directly north of the Civilization Committee building in the garden area. Beware, you'll get a four-star wanted level as soon as you enter it seems.

This could be nothing at all, but oh well. I've actually found two of them in the garden area.

Maybe this will work:

user posted image

numdmind
  • numdmind

numdmind

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:04 AM

QUOTE (R_A_LEE202 @ May 7 2008, 13:11)
There's an Easter Egg inside Brucie's Chopper when you unlock that service, turn the camera to the right when in cockpit view and you will see a sign saying:

'This helicopter might crash but we dont care, you might care, maybe.'

The writing is very hard to see being blurry but i think that's what it says or something very close to it, i laughed lol.

I saw that the first time I was in his chopper as well...laughed my a** off.

apgwood93
  • apgwood93

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:10 AM

I've got one, me and my friend were in the party mode warhouse and found a dildo sticking out of a garbage pile

DILDO:

user posted image

WAREHOUSE:

user posted image

willy_825
  • willy_825

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:12 AM

http://www.gtaforums...opic=340317&hl=

Malaria
  • Malaria

Herodetus

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:12 AM

Sorry if it's posted before, but i was in a mission and didn't mentioned the radio, but when i payed atntion, i heard Phil Collins voice who was Vice City Stories. I aint sure that it was his Song that he played in VCS, but at least he was. dozingoff.gif

jacksonbennis
  • jacksonbennis

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (apgwood93 @ May 8 2008, 03:10)
I've got one, me and my friend were in the party mode warhouse and found a dildo sticking out of a garbage pile

DILDO:

user posted image

How funny i just came on here to post that one cause i just found it

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Malaria @ May 8 2008, 09:12)
Sorry if it's posted before, but i was in a mission and didn't mentioned the radio, but when i payed atntion, i heard Phil Collins voice who was Vice City Stories. I aint sure that it was his Song that he played in VCS, but at least he was. dozingoff.gif

There is a Phil Collins/Genesis song in the game. Could that be why you heard his voice?

Thatdude407
  • Thatdude407

Whats up Bitches

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (SuperJay @ May 7 2008, 18:05)
Apologies if this has already been posted - I skimmed the thread but didn't see any mentions.

Under the "Street Names" category, many of the streets on Bohan are named after prisons. Here's the ones I've seen so far:

1. Leavenworth Ave
2. Alcatraz Ave
3. Sing Sing Ave
4. Guantanamo Ave
5. Attica Ave
6. San Quentin Ave

rykers(sp?) is real........

FusionX
  • FusionX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

Go to any of the internet shops and go look at the printer (with sniper scope)

user posted image

FusionX
  • FusionX

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

QUOTE (apgwood93 @ May 8 2008, 03:10)

DILDO:

user posted image

WAREHOUSE:

user posted image

Also if you go to the sex shop in the downtown part. You can pick up the dildos and throw them at people. LOL

SuperJay
  • SuperJay

Caporegime

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Thatdude407 @ May 8 2008, 15:14)
QUOTE (SuperJay @ May 7 2008, 18:05)

1. Leavenworth Ave
2. Alcatraz Ave
3. Sing Sing Ave
4. Guantanamo Ave
5. Attica Ave
6. San Quentin Ave

rykers(sp?) is real........

Hmm, so it is - the real-world prison in NY is "Riker's Island" whereas the Marvel Comics version (which is clearly based ont he real-world locale) is spelled "Ryker's Island," like the street in GTA4. Good catch, though.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:32 PM

Now, I'm not one to believe in ridiculous things, like the presence of Bigfoot or a hidden Dodo - any sensible person knows that these things aren't in GTA IV.

However, I was running around yesterday and found something that actually creeped me out a little. Sadly, I don't have an exact location for what I found, or thought I found, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to find where I'm talking about. I'm not going to use any spoiler tags, as nothing I say will spoil anything for anyone, unless they're still unaware of area names.

OK.

I was in Purgatory, on Algonquin. Right over on the west coast of it, somewhere between the Burger Shot and the Car wash. There's a huge empty warehouse on the waterfront there. I think you can access two levels of it - I was running towards the back of the top level of the building, just to see if there was a pigeon or anything in there. Turns out there was nothing, that I could see. I hadn't let my gun off for quite some time, yet I could hear screaming. Various voices, some male, some female, occasional chunks of panicked pedestrian dialogue. Mostly just wailing and screaming.

I ran out of the building and ran out around the side, then to the other side. There were absolutely no pedestrians to be seen. Certainly no one was screaming or wailing.

Now, for those of you that don't know, the word Purgatory means:

"In Roman Catholic Christianity, purgatory is the condition, process, or place of purification or temporary punishment in which the souls of those who die in a state of grace are made ready for heaven"

Here's a link to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory

I'm going to be honest now, and say that I could have just heard a pedestrian screaming outside the building, but I think it might be some sort of easter egg - lost souls in Purgatory.

Who knows? If anyone would like to go and check it out and tell me what they find, I'd love to hear this confirmed.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

OK, I may have found something new: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=344077

Started a new topic, sorry bout that.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

Where is this purgatory? Do you mean the crumbling hospital ruins on the small island next to Algonquin?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:48 PM

It's a borough on the West coast of Algonquin. Go west from about half way up Union Drive West - it's some sort of disused building, like an old warehouse or something. Whatever it is, it has two levels (it may be a red building, I'm not sure) and and you can enter the doors on the top level. When you run all the way to the back, you should be able to hear what I heard. I hope so, anyway.

EDIT: Possibly adjacent to the street Hell Gate, funnily enough.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ May 8 2008, 19:38)
OK, I may have found something new: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=344077

Started a new topic, sorry bout that.

Don't bash your topic, it's what I like to see. And I hope it's true, a creepy warehouse with the voices of the dead? Did you recognise any of what was being said? Past main characters maybe? Even past pedestrians? It could be an extension of the "Former GTA timeline is dead" vibe we're getting from them. Definently something to look into.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users