» «
Photo

GTAIV Secrets & Easter Eggs V1.0

1,201 replies to this topic
xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:01 PM

When first "trying it on" with michelle she said..
"I'd invite you in for coffee but it'll cost you 25 mill"

hotcoffee joke?

AdamDW
  • AdamDW

Welcome to BurgerShot Muuuuufu*kaa!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (domthecondom @ Apr 30 2008, 10:30)
i found some banksy spray paint i will upload pictures in a minute, well it looks like banksy

if you dont know banksy

he does stuff like this

user posted image

HERE IT IS

user posted image

i also saw a COPE2 and SEEN pieces (famous New York graffiti artists) smile.gif

have pics but cba to put em up, its pretty easy to find

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

There is also the "NURB RENDA" graffiti. Which references the NURB rendering that replaced standard polygons and is commonly used in the newer games. NURBS, Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3-D geometry that can accurately describe any shape. Hence the really detailed models and shading.

Buttoneer
  • Buttoneer

Never Sew A Button Again

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:59 PM

I'm wondering about the 'FUD' washing powder being a reference to 'DAZ' powder.

Here is a far side cartoon - one of his more famous ones;

user posted image

So that's (cat)FUD in the washing machine...

The problem is that apart from there being three letters in each, I cannot see the link between 'DAZ' and 'FUD'. There's not even the 'subtract one letter' trick to get from IBM to HAL in 2001.

RiffRaff1138
  • RiffRaff1138

A Handyman

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

Unfortunately, I don't have a camera or a TV tuner card, so I can't get any screens, but...

1. The private room in the Triangle Club has some fliers on the walls, with names and silhouttes of women on them. The fliers are originally from the Bees' Honeypot level in Manhunt 2.

2. The Statue of Happiness has Hillary Clinton's face. She seems to have just a generic smiling woman's face on the paper map included with the game, but in-game, it's quite clearly Hillary.

TandemRapper
  • TandemRapper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

In Niko's resume that you send to the get the interview with the lawyers it says he graduated from Bulworth university.
Bulworth is the town in Bully.

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (Buttoneer @ May 6 2008, 16:59)

user posted image

The problem is that apart from there being three letters in each, I cannot see the link between 'DAZ' and 'FUD'.  There's not even the 'subtract one letter' trick to get from IBM to HAL in 2001.

I think FUD is supposed to be "FOOD". The unnamed dog is enticing the unamed cat into the washer with "CAT FUD".

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Most of the southern most ave's in the island you first start out with are named after the Iroquois Confederacy, a native american coalition made up of 6 different tribes. Famous for inspiring many of the drafters of the constitution and inventing modern democracy thousands of years before the United States. Mohawk, Cayuga, Seneca, Oneida, Onondaga and Tuscarora. And just to tie it all together, there's an Iroquois Ave in the same area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iroquois

Pretty much the coolest thing to me since I grew up on the Onondaga reservation.

rikerd16
  • rikerd16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

http://www.eeggs.com/items/52812.html

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

For the Graffiti Easter Egg that shows artwork from the past GTA games, the link doesn't work. So I'm not sure if you have these 2 pictures from GTA: San Andreas and the Martini girl and Mercedes from GTA: Vice City. Sorry if this has been mentioned already.

GTA: San Andreas Artwork -

Police Maverick
http://i33.photobuck...20/DSC00668.jpg

O.G. Loc
http://i33.photobuck...20/DSC00662.jpg

GTA: Vice City Artwork -

Martini Girl
http://i33.photobuck...20/DSC00669.jpg

Mercedes Cortez
http://i33.photobuck...20/DSC00671.jpg

Aimee
  • Aimee

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:45 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 7 2008, 01:15)
O.G. Loc

That's not O.G. Loc silly, that's Ryder lol. I think? confused.gif

DeuCe
  • DeuCe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:54 AM

I might be stretching this one but, Next to the comedy club.

There is a store that reads "Haitian Kitchen"
Haiti is another word for hell. Which means, they are making fun of Hell's Kitchen.

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Aimee @ May 7 2008, 00:45)
QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 7 2008, 01:15)
O.G. Loc

That's not O.G. Loc silly, that's Ryder lol. I think? confused.gif

Nope, silly. Well that's what's one of the GTA: SA avatars on the Rockstar Social Club site says. But yeah that artwork doesn't look a lot like O.G. Loc to me though.

Aimee
  • Aimee

Playa

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (MC_320 @ May 7 2008, 01:56)
Nope, silly. Well that's what's one of the GTA: SA avatars on the Rockstar Social Club site says. But yeah that artwork doesn't look a lot like O.G. Loc to me though.

Hmm, odd confused.gif Defintely looks more like Ryder to me...but neither Ryder or Loc wear yellow, so it's difficult to tell.

RiffRaff1138
  • RiffRaff1138

A Handyman

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (DeuCe @ May 6 2008, 19:54)

Haiti is another word for hell. Which means, they are making fun of Hell's Kitchen.

Um, no.

Haiti is a Caribbean nation. Maybe you're thinking of Hades?

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:37 AM

QUOTE (RiffRaff1138 @ May 7 2008, 03:18)
QUOTE (DeuCe @ May 6 2008, 19:54)

Um, no.

Haiti is a Caribbean nation. Maybe you're thinking of Hades?

now thats some funnny sh*t! biggrin.gif

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

Thanks all, *updated*

if i missed any just say.

dan1e1
  • dan1e1

Stabby Guy

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:04 AM

QUOTE (dan1e1 @ May 3 2008, 11:10)
-=New or Ignored E-Egg=-

At your second apartment, on the small island north of the Big east island is a murder seen wow.gif

I can't get any decent pictures of it so I will give exact details to where it is.

After exiting the apartment mentioned above, across the road to the right of the ATM is a door you can go in.

Go in and go up all the stairs and eventually after about 4 flights I think you will see blood on the ground, a gun and writings on the wall...

May the poor soul rest in piece with the other thousands that get murdered everyday in that city.

You missed my one, I cant get pictures but trust me its there.

Buttoneer
  • Buttoneer

Never Sew A Button Again

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:04 AM

QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 6 2008, 20:10)

user posted image

The problem is that apart from there being three letters in each, I cannot see the link between 'DAZ' and 'FUD'.  There's not even the 'subtract one letter' trick to get from IBM to HAL in 2001.

I think FUD is supposed to be "FOOD". The unnamed dog is enticing the unamed cat into the washer with "CAT FUD".

Correct, that's is the joke being made here. But Liberty City washing powder is called FUD and I wonder whether this is the source of the name rather than some bastardisation of 'DAZ'. Because I just don't get the similarity between 'FUD' and 'DAZ' other than they both have three letters.

redemption10
  • redemption10

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

none of the blogsnobs websites work ?

josh_sunny
  • josh_sunny

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:39 AM

Skull box inside Packie's head biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.c...A..._(Xbox_360)

josh_sunny
  • josh_sunny

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:47 AM

300 Movie Reference!! biggrin.gif

reeach the part of the game where Niko and Roman have a safehouse in South Bohan. in the house on the left of the table near the television is a pile of books. the middle purple book of a stack of three is titled "Madness & Blasphemy: The Do's and Dont's". this is an reference to the movie 300 where in the "This is Sparta!" scene, the lines "This is blasphemy! This is madness!" are spoken.

josh_sunny
  • josh_sunny

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:59 AM

Red Dead Revolver

Watch the Weazel and CNT channels on the television at your hideout. You will see a commercial that uses scenes from Red Dead Revolver, which is another Rockstar game. icon14.gif

Some of the ringtones you can choose for the more "modern" phones are actually songs from Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

The mission "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, And Your Motorcycle" is a reference to the line spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The Big Lebowski
While you are bowling, you can hear random conversations in the background. If you listen closely, you can occasionally hear someone order a White Russian, The Dude's favorite drink from the movie The Big Lebowski. The Dude was an avid bowler, and several scenes from the movie take place in a bowling alley.

The mission "To Live And Die in Alderney" is a reference to the movie To Live and Die In L.A.

Go behind the Memory Lanes bowling alley on Firefly Island and explore the golf course. Some of the attractions are actually small models of familiar landmarks from previous games. You can find the Ocean View Hotel from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Watch television in a safehouse. Flip through the channels until the "I'm Rich" show is on. After it ends, another episode of it will return, but is not the same episode. Watch through it. At one point you will hear the narrator say "Your life will be as exciting as a soda commercial". At that point you can see CJ briefly in a multicolored suit freefalling above San Andreas.

Got to the museum in Algonquin. In front of the museum you will find drawings of characters from previous Grand Theft Auto series games.

Spiderman- Sometimes when you walk past a pedestrian they will say "Looks it's your friendly neighbor..., oh no never mind."

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE (josh_sunny @ May 7 2008, 11:59)
Red Dead Revolver

Watch the Weazel and CNT channels on the television at your hideout. You will see a commercial that uses scenes from Red Dead Revolver, which is another Rockstar game. icon14.gif

Some of the ringtones you can choose for the more "modern" phones are actually songs from Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.

The mission "I Need Your Clothes, Your Boots, And Your Motorcycle" is a reference to the line spoken by Arnold Schwarzenegger in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

The Big Lebowski
While you are bowling, you can hear random conversations in the background. If you listen closely, you can occasionally hear someone order a White Russian, The Dude's favorite drink from the movie The Big Lebowski. The Dude was an avid bowler, and several scenes from the movie take place in a bowling alley.

The mission "To Live And Die in Alderney" is a reference to the movie To Live and Die In L.A.

Go behind the Memory Lanes bowling alley on Firefly Island and explore the golf course. Some of the attractions are actually small models of familiar landmarks from previous games. You can find the Ocean View Hotel from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.

Watch television in a safehouse. Flip through the channels until the "I'm Rich" show is on. After it ends, another episode of it will return, but is not the same episode. Watch through it. At one point you will hear the narrator say "Your life will be as exciting as a soda commercial". At that point you can see CJ briefly in a multicolored suit freefalling above San Andreas.

Got to the museum in Algonquin. In front of the museum you will find drawings of characters from previous Grand Theft Auto series games.

Spiderman- Sometimes when you walk past a pedestrian they will say "Looks it's your friendly neighbor..., oh no never mind."

You should read the thread before posting. this stuff has already been posted....

Xt0rtI0N
  • Xt0rtI0N

Pidgeon Stomper

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

By the way, not only the tv channel "Weasel" is paroding "24" but the name "Weasel" is parodying "Fox" which is also an animal's name...don't know if it's been mentioned before...also I posted on a new topic for mistake, the lake on middle park resembles some sort of alien with wires attached and a gas mask...just check that part of the map...it looks better on the game map

zeno52
  • zeno52

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:13 PM Edited by zeno52, 07 May 2008 - 02:33 PM.

QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 6 2008, 16:29)
There is also the "NURB RENDA" graffiti. Which references the NURB rendering that replaced standard polygons and is commonly used in the newer games.  NURBS, Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3-D geometry that can accurately describe any shape.  Hence the really detailed models and shading.

Sorry, I do some 3D work on the side... and games do not use NURBS. Movies occasionally do, because rendering times allow for it...but realtime 3D engines always use polygons. They are quicker to render (you do realize that NURBS get converted into polygon data when you render them out anyways, right?), and a game engine is going to be as optimized as possible, which means we may never see a video game with NURBS data. If we do, it won't be anytime soon.

Now, it IS possible that GTA models were originally created w/ NURBS, but they were definitely converted to polygons for the actual game engine. Like I said, since the renderer converts NURBS into quads or triangles anyways, you might as well handle the conversion yourself on the artist side so your model is hand-optimized.

The really detailed modeling you are speaking of is probably a result of normal mapping. This was first used with good effect in Doom3. That's where you bake high-res mesh lighting data onto a low-res mesh. So a 20k polygon mesh gets baked onto a 1 or 2k mesh, with the only discernible difference being the way the silhouette looks.

NURBS is primarily used as a modeling tool. It won't allow for models to look any better than a polygonal model, btw. The only thing I like about NURBS is having the UV data built-in, so I don't have to project/unwrap/lay out my UVs before painting textures.

/ramble off

ThomasPL
  • ThomasPL

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

I want see Niko in GTAIII clothes.

Jc84144
  • Jc84144

Prankster

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (Buttoneer @ May 7 2008, 10:04)
QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 6 2008, 20:10)

user posted image

Correct, that's is the joke being made here. But Liberty City washing powder is called FUD and I wonder whether this is the source of the name rather than some bastardisation of 'DAZ'. Because I just don't get the similarity between 'FUD' and 'DAZ' other than they both have three letters.

It inst just because it has 3 letters. This is how FUD looks in GTA IV:
user posted image

And this is how DAZ (the real one) looks:
user posted image

N1KO B3LL1C
  • N1KO B3LL1C

Clover Gang PS3

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:40 PM

Don't KNow Wether This Is An Easter Egg Or Not But ..

You Do Not Unlock The Zombie Costume By Killing A Rockstar Employee .. You Simply Go To The Screen Were You Modify Your Character An Press L1 (PS3 Version) An You Will Be Shown As A Zombie.

biggrin.gif

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (zeno52 @ May 7 2008, 14:13)
QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 6 2008, 16:29)
There is also the "NURB RENDA" graffiti. Which references the NURB rendering that replaced standard polygons and is commonly used in the newer games.  NURBS, Non-Uniform Rational B-Splines, are mathematical representations of 3-D geometry that can accurately describe any shape.  Hence the really detailed models and shading.

Sorry, I do some 3D work on the side... and games do not use NURBS. Movies occasionally do, because rendering times allow for it...but realtime 3D engines always use polygons. They are quicker to render (you do realize that NURBS get converted into polygon data when you render them out anyways, right?), and a game engine is going to be as optimized as possible, which means we may never see a video game with NURBS data. If we do, it won't be anytime soon.

Now, it IS possible that GTA models were originally created w/ NURBS, but they were definitely converted to polygons for the actual game engine. Like I said, since the renderer converts NURBS into quads or triangles anyways, you might as well handle the conversion yourself on the artist side so your model is hand-optimized.

The really detailed modeling you are speaking of is probably a result of normal mapping. This was first used with good effect in Doom3. That's where you bake high-res mesh lighting data onto a low-res mesh. So a 20k polygon mesh gets baked onto a 1 or 2k mesh, with the only discernible difference being the way the silhouette looks.

NURBS is primarily used as a modeling tool. It won't allow for models to look any better than a polygonal model, btw. The only thing I like about NURBS is having the UV data built-in, so I don't have to project/unwrap/lay out my UVs before painting textures.

/ramble off

Either way...it's there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users