» «
Photo

GTAIV Secrets & Easter Eggs V1.0

1,201 replies to this topic
dephunktpistol
  • dephunktpistol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:38 AM Edited by dephunktpistol, 05 May 2008 - 04:48 AM.

theres a street in Algonquin (real-life Manhattan) that is called Uranium Ave.
possibly a reference to the Manhattan Project?

theres also a street in Broker called Hollowback Ave. reference to Gwen Stefani's song Hollaback Girl.
theres also a Coxsack Ave next to the Triangle Club
theres a Tinconderoga Ave... reference to Ticonderoga, a 18th century fort
a Sundance and a Cassidy St. from the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Another western movie reference with Earp St. (Wyatt Earp)
theres also many streets in Alderney that reference famous inventors, (Babbage Drive, Edison Ave, Farnsworth Rd)

tmathis151
  • tmathis151

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

The serial killer is a random ped I think but he disfigures his victims and I would like to find him. If anyone knows pm me

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:49 AM

I might put a section for street names.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

QUOTE (tmathis151 @ May 5 2008, 07:22)
The serial killer is a random ped I think but he disfigures his victims and I would like to find him. If anyone knows pm me

Same here, this issue really needs to be cleared up. Either there is a serial killer or there is not. We need confirmation.

SmellyBobIV
  • SmellyBobIV

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:09 PM

on the poster for 72, its says "the never ending cliff hanger series is back!"

made me laugh. biggrin.gif

WhitePony
  • WhitePony

In a town of Gypsises.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

This one isn't that great but, in the safehouse in South Bohan, on the counter under the clock, you will see some cds, and one of the cd's is by "OG LOC" from San Andreas, but wasn't he killed by CJ?

conner
  • conner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:28 PM

driving down manhattan (Algonquin) at star junction there is a big round building with big neon green letters on it "BAWSAQ" lol.gif lol.gif

j0hnny
  • j0hnny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

guess theres no sopranos fans here but. .

the inside of honkers is a complete ripoff of the bada bing strip joint off sopranos.

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:16 PM Edited by saturnneo, 05 May 2008 - 06:22 PM.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ May 5 2008, 01:13)
QUOTE (conner @ May 5 2008, 03:06)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ May 4 2008, 12:05)
Not sure if this is coincidence or what, but at Cerverza Heights in Broker (Might be Dukes. Don't really know) there's a street called "Stillwater Avenue".

We all know "Stilwater" is the name of the city in Saints Row. I don't know if it means anything, but just thought it was worth a mention.

cool find, but i think (knowing rockstar) there will be more to it. probably some p*ssy gang in stillwater ave. or a character making reference to it in a negative way, ie a dig at saints row. someone should have a look around stillwater ave cos theres probably more to it than just a name.

I'll have a look today.

On the map you get with the game, I've noticed a few other (possible) references.

"Crockett Avenue" Firefly Island. There's a character in the show "Miami Vice" named Sonny Crockett. Ironically Miami Vice was also heavily used as a backdrop in Vice City.

"Edison Avenue" Alderney. Might a reference to the American Inventor Thomas Edison?

"Schneider Avenue" Alderney. Maybe a nod to Actor & Comedian Rob Schneider?

Also the majority of the street names seem to be elements/minerals like Quartz Street, Topaz Street, Ruby Street etc.

Quite interesting.

Now here's some conspiracy for you:

What if the Edison is a homage to Mr. edison carter?

The Schneider could also reference John Schneider (Bo) from the Dukes of Hazzard.

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (WhitePony @ May 5 2008, 12:12)
This one isn't that great but, in the safehouse in South Bohan, on the counter under the clock, you will see some cds, and one of the cd's is by "OG LOC" from San Andreas, but wasn't he killed by CJ?

Yes, but how many albums has Tupac released posthumously. colgate.gif

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (dephunktpistol @ May 5 2008, 04:38)
theres a street in Algonquin (real-life Manhattan) that is called Uranium Ave.
possibly a reference to the Manhattan Project?

If you look there are other elements and minerals. So it couldnt just be for the Manhatten Project.

housingkev
  • housingkev

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Meowholland @ Apr 27 2008, 13:20)
we have 1 day left so i swear if someone deletes this post!! anyway. i found a bowling arena and the logo for it looks like a penis and the bowling balls look like well .. balls

user posted image

i even seen that on the ign vid b4 i got the game , the only egg i know is the hart of the city

housingkev
  • housingkev

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

get away is there?? i saw a bong next 2 the tv in the 2nd safe house. a bit sh*t really,

HellaMoney
  • HellaMoney

PSN: HallaMoney

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:13 PM

theses really are not good easter eggs i thought there would be better ones like the beating heart angry.gif

dawg1990
  • dawg1990

Sh*t Ain't Funny

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:40 PM

no OG LOC wasn't killed by CJ, Cj chases OG LOC but OG LOC agrees with cj's conditions to not kill him and he gives madd dog his rhyme book back

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ May 4 2008, 23:34)
QUOTE (boothy @ May 4 2008, 23:04)
go on the gta4 in game internet and type on the browser:

www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com

it comes up with pigeon and secret car locations and sh*t like that

You gotta be kidding me.

go have a look, u'll see if im kidding or not

ICE COLD KILLA
  • ICE COLD KILLA

Tssss

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:07 PM Edited by ICE COLD KILLA, 05 May 2008 - 09:20 PM.

QUOTE (Californian @ May 5 2008, 03:29)
I keep hearing this "Serial Killer" in Liberty City on the radio stations, is that suppose to be me (Niko)? or some ped off the street?

EASTER EGG

If you ever watch TV in your apartment, you'll see Las Venturas in one of the commercials. It doesn't have next-gen graphics (it's from the PS2/Xbox/PC) and it's a scene from one of the San Andreas commercials that was put up in Real Life while the game was coming out! Sorry for no picture, but it was for like 3 seconds only and i have nothing to take a pic of it.

When at a computer in-game go to eddielowfilthslayer.blogsnobs.org, that's your serial killer right there.

Here's something from his blog:

Eddie has been a naughty boy. I only went for a walk by the river, mother, I promise. There's a jogger in the bushes. I HATE JOGGERS!! You are given the greatest gift off all - life - and what do you do with it? Jog. f*cking narcissists! LOOK AT ME. Look at me lunge and stretch. Look at me hopping in place while I wait for the lights to change. Oooooh, I'm not going to run, I'm not going to walk - I'm going to JOG. Get off the f*cking fence before I impale you on it. Ooops, I already have. I brought the head back for Boo Boo Wilkins but he isn't impressed. That cat has got ideas too big for it's britches. I like to cut the heads off joggers to see if they keep on running, like chickens. Sometimes the only difference between making love and making hate is a turn of the wrist. So tired...

Sunnuvabiesh

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ May 5 2008, 20:58)
QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ May 4 2008, 23:34)
QUOTE (boothy @ May 4 2008, 23:04)
go on the gta4 in game internet and type on the browser:

www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com

it comes up with pigeon and secret car locations and sh*t like that

You gotta be kidding me.

go have a look, u'll see if im kidding or not

He was being sarcastic i believe. thats pretty old news. We all knew about it last week.

iakona666
  • iakona666

Nakamura ate my Dog

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

In Cluckin Bell the female toilets is labled chicks and the males toilets is labled cocks.

On one of the TV stations about Las Venturas poker championships it shows clips and images from San Andreas.

Not much but that's all i can remember for the moment.

Yarbo
  • Yarbo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (conner @ May 5 2008, 12:28)
driving down manhattan (Algonquin) at star junction there is a big round building with big neon green letters on it "BAWSAQ" lol.gif lol.gif

Its a parody of the NASDAQ which is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world. In real life NASDAQ is also located in Manhatten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASDAQ

iakona666
  • iakona666

Nakamura ate my Dog

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Yarbo @ May 5 2008, 22:40)
QUOTE (conner @ May 5 2008, 12:28)
driving down manhattan (Algonquin) at star junction there is a big round building with big neon green letters on it "BAWSAQ"  lol.gif   lol.gif

Its a parody of the NASDAQ which is one of the largest stock exchanges in the world. In real life NASDAQ is also located in Manhatten.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASDAQ

It's also a reference to GTA's scottish roots... Kinda obvious but nonthless for those unaware i'll simplify.

BAWSAQ = Scottish way of saying ballsack(testicles)

Jerm11b
  • Jerm11b

tw@

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

theres a tribute to Arnold from Terminator 2 in one of the missions its called "I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle" then you get in a chase on motorcycle kind of like on True Lies through the hotel and what not for that mission.

j-vu
  • j-vu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:40 PM Edited by j-vu, 05 May 2008 - 11:43 PM.

how about phone numbers anyone ?

JohnnyRodz
  • JohnnyRodz

General in Chief in the War against Nazism,I mean Modism

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 5 2008, 18:18)

Yes, but how many albums has Tupac released posthumously. colgate.gif

CJ didn't kill OG Loc.

JohnnyRodz
  • JohnnyRodz

General in Chief in the War against Nazism,I mean Modism

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (j0hnny @ May 5 2008, 14:30)
guess theres no sopranos fans here but. .

the inside of honkers is a complete ripoff of the bada bing strip joint off sopranos.

I noticed that.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

Don't know if this is what you call an Easter Egg, but when you car jack the Mr. Whoppe (or in this case, it's called a Mr. Tasty), and play the little ice cream tune, it has a very familiar jingle from Christmas movies you watch in real life. (I believe)

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:37 AM

You can find Eddie the serial killer on the streets, I think somewhere near Middle Park is where I found him. He was one of those green person icons on my hud map. The sh*t he says is pretty funny in a f*cked up way, stuff like "do you think animals masturbate?", Niko obviously wants nothing to do with this. But you end up helping him dispose of one of his victims.

CloudT
  • CloudT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:24 AM

I think I found one. In your safehouse in Alderny, if you look by the tv, you'll see a dvd case. The texture was pretty low quality, but i'm pretty sure on it I can see Claude and Catalina from GTA3.

I couldn't read the title or anything, as I said, due to the texture being so low quality, there is also someone else in the backround of the case too.

VickeX
  • VickeX

The GermanScientist

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

Well. On a texture for a store in Brooker (i think it was in brooker), i spotted the oh so lovely old "69". Returning again. And i've also found a resturand called "Squid Row - Budget Seafood" reasturant. Ive got a picture of that to, but i cant bother to upload them. And at the largest ( think it is) opening for the subway-station in the trigangle (on the same road as cluckin bell, all of the train tracknumber/letters are pointed out. They are placed so you can read "E" "A" and "C" "J". And on the way down, you can see them in textures, but ordered in another way, forming "J" "A" "C" "K". tounge.gif

Not so big things, and problably not meant to be so. Or perhaps. The "biggest", funniest and the most to a likely easteregg is the "Squid Row - Budget Seadood", as it makes fun of Saints Row, problably meaning that its like GTA, but its not worth the money as much as GTA, so the money on Saints Row is money thrown in the water for both the buyers and the creators. tounge.gif I suppose. ^.^

War-Lord
  • War-Lord

Vice City FTW

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

I dont know if this has been stated but if you look in the Times Square look alike there is a place advertising that "Love Fist" is playing there.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users