QUOTE (McrearysFTW @ Mar 4 2009, 23:11)
those are some pretty funny easter eggs
tounge2.gif

Yes I expected to see some biggrin.gif

WannaCMahBCawk
  • WannaCMahBCawk

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:04 AM Edited by DexX, 11 March 2009 - 06:35 AM.

4chan raid.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:10 AM

This is the worst case of vandalism I've ever seen.

THIRTEEN
  • THIRTEEN

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

Its not rly an easter egg or secret but if you look at the back of the gta3 leather jacket you can get its just the white one in black and you can still see the eagle on the back faintly.

Jam And Butter
  • Jam And Butter

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

In hospitals at the back when you enter theres a locked room with scratch marks/drags leading under the door, And it says room 93 - 666 wow.gif . Could be one?

Also does anyone know what the other room is? Blocked with some curtain thing with red light and the door says "locked for your own safety"

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:58 AM

When you buy weapons from terry in TLAD, he will open the doors and say "this will put a smile on your face'' !

I found other silly stuff, I even have some pictures I'll post it later.

Scotty/chino
  • Scotty/chino

The Hatch

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:50 AM Edited by Scotty/chino, 27 May 2009 - 03:12 AM.

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:29 PM

I know it's just a reference..

How many of you have already been struck by lightning ?
It happened to me(niko) once, i told this guy he said it's lie sarcasm.gif

Did this ever happened to anyone here ?

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 22 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (Dr Tres Fort @ Mar 22 2009, 12:29)
How many of you have already been struck by lightning ?
It happened to me(niko) once, i told this guy he said it's lie sarcasm.gif

I wouldn't blame them for thinking that...........

Kenster1025
  • Kenster1025

100% PC Gamer Period.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

I know this might have been mentioned before, but that celebrity show on the CNT channel, with the tongue and cheek commentary is really a spoof of VH1's "The Fabulous Life of...", which I used to watch myself. Great easter egg here.

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:13 PM

Isn't there a GTA2 minigame easteregg in GTA IV? I think I read somewhere that you can play GTA2 with IV graphics on some Internet Café computer. But I've already checked all computers ingame and I can't find it.

I'm not sure about this easteregg, maybe I just read something about a GTA2 mod for GTA IV. I can't remember exactly.

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (Gangxxter @ Mar 23 2009, 13:13)
Isn't there a GTA2 minigame easteregg in GTA IV? I think I read somewhere that you can play GTA2 with IV graphics on some Internet Café computer. But I've already checked all computers ingame and I can't find it.

I'm not sure about this easteregg, maybe I just read something about a GTA2 mod for GTA IV. I can't remember exactly.

You may be thinking of the GTA 2 references in GTA III. If you look at the computers in the internet cafe (on GTA III) you will see screenshots of GTA 2 but you can't play the game.

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:17 PM

^I'm sure, that it was GTA IV, not III. I know those two PCs with the static pixelated GTA2 screenshots in III wink.gif

But I think I've seen somewhere a video too, where you can actually play GTA2 in GTA IV. Not the real GTA2, it was like a "GTA2 mode in GTAIV". I mean, you used some special computer ingame and then the game switched in "GTA2-mode". You have the same graphics and the same map, but you see everything from the top and there was the GTA2 interface and GTA2 soundeffects.

I don't know, maybe I just imagine these pictures in my head ph34r.gif But I'm so damn sure, that I've seen such video lol.gif

Dr Tres Fort
  • Dr Tres Fort

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2009 - 08:57 PM

You are talking about machinima videos tounge.gif
http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

So nobody else got hit by lightening ? I wasn't dreaming, I'm sure it was a lightening, I tried looking for a video on youtube but I found nothing confused.gif

Gangxxter
  • Gangxxter

A Gangster with style

• Members
  • Austria

Posted 23 March 2009 - 09:21 PM

^Never got hit by lightening, did this really happen to you? notify.gif

About "GTA2 in IV":
Yeah, maybe it was just a Machinima, like the First-Person-Shooter Machinima

But I can't find the GTA2 video anymore. I'm so sure, I've seen it. Nobody else has heard about such GTA2 easteregg? Maybe in a YT video or in an article? Anyone?

Skyl1n3
  • Skyl1n3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

DO not advertise on this forum -cc

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 March 2009 - 06:45 PM

Well, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, and futher more, I don't know if it's an Easter Egg or not, so I'lll just post it.

Right, so I was playing GTA IV last night. It was about 0:03, GTA time, and I took Carmen to Club Liberty in Algonquin. As we were walking in, Kiki starts shout at Carmen saying things like "I'll kill you, you slut! You whore!". Nothing happened between the 2, but Kiki called me 6 hours later saying how she is watching me and me whore. Pretty good job by R*

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:36 PM

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, or if you'd consider this an easter egg, but the name "higgins" for the helitour choppers is a reference to Magnum PI.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:20 PM Edited by Money Over Bullshit, 03 April 2009 - 11:25 PM.

10. Dog Food
If a anger a certain pedestrian, he might say "I will grind you into dog food", which is a reference from GTA III, where Marty Chonks used to get his enemy's and turn them into dog food.

There's also a news report on the internet about a mobster who made people into dog food after he whacked them.

Rockstar reference
There's also a Record shop in North or East Holland called Rockstar Music and Videos.

Sorry about the vague descriptions... but it's late

Sweets
  • Sweets

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• Feroci Racing
  • Unknown

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:12 PM

Television
Higgins Helitours
The name "Higgins" is a reference to a character in the TV show "Magnum P.I." As you can see in the picture, the name was changed post release. Inside Brucie's garage in BOABO there is a calendar, you can enter the garage during the "email car delivery" missions. Park the car close enough to the garage door to get it to open, then walk in. In the PS3 version the helitour calendar has the company named as "Magnum", which was later changed to "Higgins."
user posted image

flameweilder
  • flameweilder

Rationalist

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

OK HERE'S ONE THAT'S NOT ON THE LIST:

The Statue of Happiness (Statue of Liberty) has the face of Hillary Clinton, with her holding a cup of hot coffee in her hand instead of the famous torch. This is because of her campaign against Grand Theft Auto back when the Hot Coffee controversy was in full swing in San Andreas.

Capricornus
  • Capricornus

R.I.P Zee -_-

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (flameweilder @ Apr 3 2009, 23:23)
OK HERE'S ONE THAT'S NOT ON THE LIST:

The Statue of Happiness (Statue of Liberty) has the face of Hillary Clinton, with her holding a cup of hot coffee in her hand instead of the famous torch. This is because of her campaign against Grand Theft Auto back when the Hot Coffee controversy was in full swing in San Andreas.

Captain Obvious enters the thread. Lemme get ur autograph.

Ecc3ntrik
  • Ecc3ntrik

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

I believe I have also been struck by lightning, I don't think Dr Tres is lying.

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2009 - 10:49 AM

if you have an easter egg or secret please PM me, as i don't have time to check this topic.

i really want to make this list complete. so can i have volunteers to help me gather EE and secrets that are not on the list and hi res pictures.

thanks

cabit88
  • cabit88

STI King

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 07:37 PM

mercie_blink.gif WOW! I did not think that there where that many references in a huge game like this.

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (Ecc3ntrik @ Apr 3 2009, 23:45)
I believe I have also been struck by lightning, I don't think Dr Tres is lying.

Can you explain? What makes you think that it was lightning, etc.? Not doubting you, but that was really brief.

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2009 - 12:08 PM

list updated with:

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto References)
21. RS.Haul
A removal company in the GTA canon, appears in Vice City, San Andreas, VCS, LCS and now in IV. If you say the name out loud, it says ARSE HOLE. (thanks to YESINEEDALOTOFHELP)

QUOTE (Television References)
3. Higgins Helitours
The name "Higgins" is a reference to a character in the TV show "Magnum P.I." As you can see in the picture, the name was changed post PC release. Inside Brucie's garage in BOABO there is a calendar, you can enter the garage during the "email car delivery" missions. Park the car close enough to the garage door to get it to open, then walk in. In the PS3 version the helitour calendar has the company named as "Magnum", which was later changed to "Higgins." (founded and worded by Sweets)

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:59 AM

I found a San Andreas reference, it's a store referring to Grove Street and Pier 69.

user posted image

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2009 - 07:45 AM Edited by gta_talk, 10 April 2009 - 08:58 AM.

List Updated:

QUOTE (Possible References)

1. Grove Pier 69
This could be a possible references to GROVE STREET, the main gang in San Andreas, the one CJ was in. It could also be Pier 69 in San Fierro, San Andreas. (Thanks to MC_320)

QUOTE (Real-Life References)

11. LSD
The rubbish collectors in IV called LSD are a reference to the drug LSD short for LySergic acid Diethylamide. (Thanks to Derelict Frog.)

Edit:

If you have Lost and Damned Eggs or Secrets. pm me them. as the this topic is also TLAD egg and secret topic. (it's the second post)

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:00 AM

Sorry for bump.

I need volunteers to get Hi Def pictures from in-game pc for some of the eggs on the list. as i don't have IV on PC.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users