» «
Photo

GTAIV Secrets & Easter Eggs V1.0

1,197 replies to this topic
KnuXles
  • KnuXles

A Freak Show For The Fools

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:19 PM Edited by KnuXles, 07 July 2008 - 03:58 PM.

the Republican Space Rangers logo is phallic shaped. also, their planet is circle shaped because their ship is also shaped like a penis! and the evil alien looks like Crypto from Destroy All Humans!.

also, on the show "I'm Rich', after it says that he bought her a pair of diamond miners it shows the school from bully. the logo is on the pillar. also, it shows the villa from beind the Vinewood sign in Los Santos. and i think it shows some of the rich area from Vice City in there. check the ads at the end, too. things like BigLog (who doesn't like big logs in the morning?) and 24/7 shops.

they seem to keep mentioning San Andreas everwhere. it hope it will be DLC.

xXmarklandXx
  • xXmarklandXx

MAKE ME FAMOUS

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:39 AM

dunno if anyone else has found this!
i was walking around acter industrial, and who did i find as a random character, none other than towelie!
i had to do a mission for him... i had to retrieve a Gamesphere from U.L Paper's headquarters in Carcer City...
icon14.gif

KnuXles
  • KnuXles

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 09:58 AM

here's another one
near the Monoglobe there is a street called Stillwater Avenue.
Saints Row is set in Stilwater.

KnuXles
  • KnuXles

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:11 AM Edited by KnuXles, 07 July 2008 - 04:07 PM.

QUOTE (elgofo? @ Apr 27 2008, 12:17)
i just found Roman cellphone on This artwork wink.gif

718 926 7215

on that artwork, the guy stood behind her is one one who is stood behind lola on the game box.
could be helpful in finding lola, too.

edit: it could actually be lola. the hair length and colour, thin-ness of the eyebrows...

also, sorry for the double post.
and you've missed out the fact that the printer also says "lol", but on it's side.
and the red button on said printer reads "POON7"
but the blue one reads "BUTTS"

and the garage by your second save house is called S&M Auto Sales. and if you don't know what S&M is i can't help you.

(wow, this game is filled with these)
they just mentioned a loose gorilla in Los Santos on the radio. on WKTT news. Bigfoot?
they also mention that they would be "loooping the same footage, over and over again". this is obviously linked to the 9/11 allegations that CNN had that they were looping the same footage of the towers smoking.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:57 PM Edited by deathdealer, 08 July 2008 - 06:07 PM.

I got something:

go to the abandoned sprunk factory in alderney near the strip club. when you get in, fire some pistol rounds. you should hear a voice complaining about the shooting. (put on the captions just in case) Eventually, he'll come after you with a gun. I was in there somewhere between 21:00 and 4am. Edit: he'll come after you when he says "that's it your out of here".

Yes, I have done this myself so it should work.

(btw, there is no ghost in the abandon sprunk factory)

RAZORSHARK
  • RAZORSHARK

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Jul 7 2008, 14:57)
I got something:

go to the abandoned sprunk factory in alderney near the strip club. when you get in, fire some pistol rounds. you should hear a voice complaining about the shooting. (put on the captions just in case) Eventually, he'll come after you with a gun. I was in there somewhere between 21:00 and 4am.

video or it didnt happen

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (RAZORSHARK @ Jul 8 2008, 17:45)
I got something:

go to the abandoned sprunk factory in alderney near the strip club. when you get in, fire some pistol rounds. you should hear a voice complaining about the shooting. (put on the captions just in case) Eventually, he'll come after you with a gun. I was in there  somewhere between 21:00 and 4am.

video or it didnt happen

go there and see for yourself and while your at it go and find a new catch phrase.

Piny12
  • Piny12

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 06:20 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Jul 8 2008, 18:05)
I got something:

go to the abandoned sprunk factory in alderney near the strip club. when you get in, fire some pistol rounds. you should hear a voice complaining about the shooting. (put on the captions just in case) Eventually, he'll come after you with a gun. I was in there  somewhere between 21:00 and 4am.

video or it didnt happen

go there and see for yourself and while your at it go and find a new catch phrase.

pwnd.

mongy_joe
  • mongy_joe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

I've lurked here for a long time but thought I'd finally contribute... because I simply cannot believe you guys haven't spotted either the STEAK(isn't that the longest thread in history) or YETI reference imagery ingame!!!! I think R* are watching!

The Steak billboard (kinda painted on a wall) is of a cow with a chunk cut out if its heart and the text says something like I HEART STEAK. The yeti is like that classic yeti-in-the-woods-silhouette with what looks a space helmet on. The steak one is located either Algonquin/Alderney and is set back from the road behind a chain link fence. The yeti one is in an alleyway sort of ghosted out against a large, tall brick wall.

happy searching... if I find them again I'll take some snaps and stick them up here!

guchi guchi
  • guchi guchi

Member of The Exiles

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Piny12 @ Jul 8 2008, 18:20)
QUOTE (deathdealer @ Jul 8 2008, 18:05)
I got something:

video or it didnt happen

pwnd.

No, it does work, it happend to me when I was looking for the ghost and then he came, but sometimes if you park your car in the tunnel it will explode, theres a clip on it on you tube when a guy looks for the ghost and his car explodes when he is in the factory. Trust me, I've tested it many times and it has worked like 75% og all times I have tried

bobtheimp1230
  • bobtheimp1230

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:34 AM

lol you have some pretty good ones there i might do a few if i have the time

Mogyle
  • Mogyle

Easter Eggs and Secrets Addict

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (guchi guchi @ Jul 9 2008, 09:37)
No, it does work, it happend to me when I was looking for the ghost and then he came, but sometimes if you park your car in the tunnel it will explode, theres a clip on it on you tube when a guy looks for the ghost and his car explodes when he is in the factory. Trust me, I've tested it many times and it has worked like 75% og all times I have tried

It explodes because a flamming barrel rolled down to his car...

Nollaig
  • Nollaig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 02:54 PM

Heres a billboard : Blitzkrieg Mop (Parody of Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones)

user posted image

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

4 Albums. 4 Mixtapes. 2 EPs. 5 Years.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:13 PM

There's a shop with allot of sexual innuendo, and I don't know if it's been mentioned before. But GTA Hood is not working for me at the moment so I can't give you a street name yet, but it is near the Homebrew Cafe and the Bombaclat cafe/store.

Sunburst Enzo
  • Sunburst Enzo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:31 PM

I'm not sure if this is quite a secret or an easter egg, but down by your first safehouse in Hove Beach, by the old rollercoaster, it's sometimes possible to find a white Coquette car with the exact paintwork as the car Face owns/drives in the TV show 'The A-Team'. It's really nice, and the paintwork is extremely rare so it ain't just any other made-up car or paintwork. EXACTLY the same.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:08 AM

I Broker there is a building (somewhere near where Brucie's garage is) that goes by the name of "Wood Fellas", probably named from the movie "Good Fellas".

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

4 Albums. 4 Mixtapes. 2 EPs. 5 Years.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:30 PM

^I remember that, I Lol so much! lol.gif icon14.gif

WehttamNenait
  • WehttamNenait

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:03 AM

Thanks Have been looking for this for a while

Oxi Oxi
  • Oxi Oxi

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:48 AM

Also I noticed the internet cafe is called TW@ which means Twat.

crazyapu
  • crazyapu

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:03 AM

QUOTE (Oxi Oxi @ Jul 13 2008, 07:48)
Also I noticed the internet cafe is called TW@ which means Twat.

um your kidding right?

nerner
  • nerner

OG

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:26 AM

outside playboy x's safehouse there is a random guy running up and down randomly, i have seen him twice now.

mr fauston
  • mr fauston

niko living the american dream

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:28 PM

here are some easter eggs i found oh and there are some flyig rats/pigeons on the statue of happiness there are like 3 o 4 and you have to jump on the head of the statue to get them

oh and ratman is proven to be fake the oramge stuff on the ground is actualy by some dumpsters

ghost in the old sprunk factory are proven to be fake there are bikers near the hokers strip club and if you shoot a weapon they will sometimes say please leave

whales in middle park and in the ocean are fake it is the planes that makes the shadows in the water

heart of liberty-true

i herd there was a secret jet engine i will post a vid i seen to explain it better then me here it is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpKvhyW0168 and this is part two i hope this tread helps

Sniper270
  • Sniper270

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (mr fauston @ Jul 14 2008, 15:28)
some flyig rats/pigeons on the statue of happiness there are like 3 o 4 and you have to jump on the head of the statue to get them

i herd there was a secret jet engine i will post a vid i seen to explain it better then me here it is

and this is part two i hope this tread helps

1. You can shoot them with a sniper rifle.
2. Those vids are bull sh@t so don't waste peoples time.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

Est. 93

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (Piny12 @ Jul 2 2008, 13:25)
QUOTE (Fuzzknuckles @ Jul 2 2008, 16:22)
QUOTE (Piny12 @ Jul 2 2008, 14:35)
theres a bar called Jerkov's.

see the twist?

JACK OFF

Or even "Jerk Off".

Jesus. It's not that hard to figure it out... but WHOA. So far off the mark.

thanks for being an asshole. im german and i dont know every englisch swear word.
i didnt know that "jerk off" has a meaning, i only knew JERK.

Jerk is basically another word for some one who is mean as well. but don't get confused with some-one-who-is-mean off. Jerk off... and jerk... two different meanings biggrin.gif

antoin95mufc
  • antoin95mufc

Gta Master

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:15 PM

QUOTE (mr fauston @ Jul 14 2008, 15:28)
here are some easter eggs i found oh and there are some flyig rats/pigeons on the statue of happiness there are like 3 o 4 and you have to jump on the head of the statue to get them

oh and ratman is proven to be fake the oramge stuff on the ground is actualy by some dumpsters

ghost in the old sprunk factory are proven to be fake there are bikers near the hokers strip club and if you shoot a weapon they will sometimes say please leave

whales in middle park and in the ocean are fake it is the planes that makes the shadows in the water

heart of liberty-true

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HpKvhyW0168 and this is part two i hope this tread helps

You snipe them.... it says in the guide...

Rooneye
  • Rooneye

Liberty City Casual

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

Not sure if this has allready been posted or if its an easter egg or whatever, more of a reference really. But theres some artwork on the wall that was also in GTA III. Its near enough exactly the same, with a few subtle changes.

GTA III Version:

user posted image

GTA IV Version:

user posted image

Is this is NYC in real life?

Mola Ram
  • Mola Ram

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hi,

I'm not 100& sure, but I think the big ass painting (the one near the bed) in Playboy's penthouse is supposed to be Rambo.

I would appreciate it if one of you could take a pic of the painting and compare it to this picture of Rambo:

http://sacsinthecity...07/06/rambo.jpg

rustypetterson
  • rustypetterson

kolonel kickass :p

• Members

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (Buttoneer @ May 7 2008, 11:04)
QUOTE (saturnneo @ May 6 2008, 20:10)
QUOTE (Buttoneer @ May 6 2008, 16:59)
I'm wondering about the 'FUD' washing powder being a reference to 'DAZ' powder.

Here is a far side cartoon - one of his more famous ones;

user posted image

So that's (cat)FUD in the washing machine...

The problem is that apart from there being three letters in each, I cannot see the link between 'DAZ' and 'FUD'.  There's not even the 'subtract one letter' trick to get from IBM to HAL in 2001.

I think FUD is supposed to be "FOOD". The unnamed dog is enticing the unamed cat into the washer with "CAT FUD".

Correct, that's is the joke being made here. But Liberty City washing powder is called FUD and I wonder whether this is the source of the name rather than some bastardisation of 'DAZ'. Because I just don't get the similarity between 'FUD' and 'DAZ' other than they both have three letters.

i can't face yet another 15 pages at the moment, so i dunno if this has been answered yet.

but 'fud' is a scottish colloqualism for a vagina. tounge.gif

it's very common to call one of your mates a fud as well if he's done something daft.

TheBoneCountyButcher
  • TheBoneCountyButcher

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

sorry for lack of updates, i will look through this lot today and update front page.

saturnneo
  • saturnneo

Divers Do It Deep!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE (Rooneye @ Jul 15 2008, 16:56)
Not sure if this has allready been posted or if its an easter egg or whatever, more of a reference really. But theres some artwork on the wall that was also in GTA III. Its near enough exactly the same, with a few subtle changes.

GTA III Version:

user posted image

GTA IV Version:

user posted image

Is this is NYC in real life?

the thing about the alot of the graffiti is, R* had a few real graffiti artists come in and do some shat for the game. So anything you see in the game could possibly be on a wall in NYC or anywhere in the world for that matter.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users