Photo

GTA IV Secrets and Easter Eggs

1,205 replies to this topic
Dwayne Phoenix
  • Dwayne Phoenix

has managed to avoid drowning!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

It's called Purgatory because Packie's stories are so boring, you'd rather be in Purgatory than listen to them..
Did you not pay ANY attention to the story?!
tounge2.gif

Either way, weird fine. I'll have a look when I get a chance.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Trust me, I've played plenty of attention to the story. It's brilliant.

I'd just like someone else to check this out, just in case I'm having some sort of breakdown or something.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Is it a parking garage?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ May 8 2008, 21:09)
Is it a parking garage?

I can't really remember - I guess it could have been.

There were no cars in it, whatever it was.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm being pretty vague - unfortunately I can't check this out myself at the moment as my girlfriend is watching TV sad.gif

Matt87
  • Matt87

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

ZOMG I ACTUALLY FOUND ONE

I dont know if you guys found it or nott i really hope you didnt! but in your apartment in south bohan i think it is, when you first walk in the door theres a few CD's on the counter, beside a radio, and theres on that says OG LOC on it and has a picture of him, from san andreas blush.gif

i feel so special now. EVEN IF IT WAS ALREADY FOUND I FOUND THIS ONE ON MY OWN

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:18 PM

Well, I found a 3 story parking garage, and the very top had about 6 people standing in 2 different groups. So it if it was the garage, and you were on the second floor, then it could've been the people on the roof section.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:20 PM

That's a reasonable explanation I suppose, thanks for checking it out.

If you could get a picture of the building, I could confirm if it's the same one.

HeilBush
  • HeilBush

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

There wouldn't be a whole lot of screaming in Purgatory, really. That's not what the place is about. People do their penance there, but they do it because they want to. It's not like Hell, where everyone is just suffering and tortured for all eternity (give or take a second coming). While you have to suffer a lot in Purgatory, rolling boulders up hill or what-have you, there is an end to your labor, and it isn't forever. Since you can only get there by choice, I doubt it would be full of screaming.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:41 PM

I can get the map location, but no picture because I do not have a camera.

The bright red dot is where I was at.
user posted image

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

That's about where I remember being. For some reason, my mind is saying that the interior of the building was either blue or green - and the interior is a massive wide open space with quite narrow struts dotted around it.

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:46 PM

how do i see the beating heart in the statue of happiness?

Joe40oz
  • Joe40oz

Freedom Fighter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

I've just been to the location on the map. Its a 2 story carpark, the top floor is open air, the interior is grey.

There is a cool pimped out voodoo on the ground floor, check that sh*t out. But no screaming for me.

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (boothy @ May 8 2008, 20:46)
how do i see the beating heart in the statue of happiness?

Use the search function.

DanRev
  • DanRev

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

That would be a pretty sick "easter egg" if it was in there. Something a bit spooky is always cool, even if it can be logically explained (like the ghost cars)

Did anyone see the article on the liberty tree website taking the piss out of all the "urban myths?" f*cking funny. "meanwhile a whale has been sighted in middle park"

Joe40oz
  • Joe40oz

Freedom Fighter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE (DanRev @ May 8 2008, 21:06)
That would be a pretty sick "easter egg" if it was in there. Something a bit spooky is always cool, even if it can be logically explained (like the ghost cars)

Did anyone see the article on the liberty tree website taking the piss out of all the "urban myths?" f*cking funny. "meanwhile a whale has been sighted in middle park"

On a side note, right near the location you cited there is a pay and spray called: auto limbo.

Also the area you cited is right next to an area called: Purgatory

JOKA22
  • JOKA22

Ex 'Really Famous Games Dev Company' Employee

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:44 PM Edited by JOKA22, 08 May 2008 - 10:13 PM.

QUOTE (Joe40oz @ May 8 2008, 21:12)

On a side note, right near the location you cited there is a pay and spray called: auto limbo.

Yeh, that was stated in the first post of this thread...

Joe40oz
  • Joe40oz

Freedom Fighter

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (JOKA22 @ May 8 2008, 21:44)
QUOTE (Joe40oz @ May 8 2008, 21:12)

Yeh,that was stated in the first post of this thread...

Yeah, I know I only just realised.

Having a row on AIM, its hard to hold my attention.

moggle333
  • moggle333

gangsta bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:49 PM Edited by moggle333, 08 May 2008 - 10:51 PM.

Did you by any chance fire a gun at that spot? because I didn't hear screaming UNTIL I fired a weapon at that spot indicated on the map. wink.gif Also, purgatory according to the BIBLE is FALSE -- that's not what it teaches. OK -- back to the subject. tounge.gif

kirvangelista
  • kirvangelista

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

Dude. That's so freaky.

moggle333
  • moggle333

gangsta bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

BTW, it's possible to find out where the screaming is coming from if you follow the noise. If you think there's a secret "easter" egg, then follow the screaming and see where it leads. I usually can find the people who are yelling or talking by following the noises on the game. It gets louder or fainter.....

Tomzzz8
  • Tomzzz8

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:28 AM

When you watch the television, you might bump into the "Republican Space Rangers!"
Their spaceship really looks like a penis and when they go on a adventure, it has some sort of condom around it.
I haven't noticed it in the list yet.

moggle333
  • moggle333

gangsta bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:53 AM

Yeah, Rockstar is known for the sexual innuendos in their GTA series, such as "eating out" when you look for restaurants. *sigh* give me a break! rolleyes.gif

domthecondom
  • domthecondom

GTA LOVER!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

Ok here is the location of the banksy picture it is right at the bottem of the clif where faustin lives /lived

sorry about quality of pic sad.gif

user posted image

Spartacus
  • Spartacus

We always work alone.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:37 AM

I think I found a couple references to popular TV shows.

First of all, when I was in an area populated with alot of cabs I heard Niko say, "Hey, you're that guy from TV."
Pretty sure it was a reference to the Cash Cab.

There might have been a Seinfeld reference aswell. I pushed a guy because I was bored, and he fought me suprisingly well and I was almost dead so I started running, but I was apparently too fast for him so he said, "Kicking your ass is making me hungry!" and just stopped punching me. It could be a coincidence, but I think it's a reference to the episode where someone (I haven't watched it in a while so I forget what it was about) says, "These peanuts are making me thirsty!" He kind of in the way that George said it, too, so yeah.

AuXoIs
  • AuXoIs

The Deadman

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:00 AM Edited by AuXoIs, 09 May 2008 - 06:04 AM.

Here is Niko in the GTA 3 Outfit. Sorry if the quality is bad.

user posted image

GentlemanSquid
  • GentlemanSquid

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

Cheers, I will update later on today

AuXoIs
  • AuXoIs

The Deadman

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:57 AM

That is the GTA 3 Outfit that you receive for killing Playboy X and getting his Loft.

bookshopslave
  • bookshopslave

Genetically Different

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

Not to be a party pooper, but I think some of the origins of game elements proposed here are a little thin. I mean people here are making the loosest possible associations. I'll refrain from pointing out examples of this, but they're along the lines of "This character has dark hair and a mustache, just like [popular culture icon] also has dark hair and a mustache!" or "There's a bus in this game-- the movie Speed had a bus!"

Could we exercise a little more discretion before crying out "Easter Egg!"?

Gezie
  • Gezie

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

SPRUNK FACTROY KILLER

There is an abaondoned sprunk factory just up from hooters, enter it either by the lower ramp or the side door and let off a round, youll then see subtitles at the bottom of your screen: "oh your going down" and you will be attacked by a man with a gun.
I havent gone on to see if anything else happens, or the relevance of this, but just becuase of the subtitles coming up it makes it special from just a random ped experience.
Worth investigating?

I tried this twice, and both times the subtitles came up and the killer came from nowhere, guns blazing.

zeno52
  • zeno52

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (Gezie @ May 9 2008, 14:33)
SPRUNK FACTROY KILLER

There is an abaondoned sprunk factory just up from hooters, enter it either by the lower ramp or the side door and let off a round, youll then see subtitles at the bottom of your screen: "oh your going down" and you will be attacked by a man with a gun.
I havent gone on to see if anything else happens, or the relevance of this, but just becuase of the subtitles coming up it makes it special from just a random ped experience.
Worth investigating?

I tried this twice, and both times the subtitles came up and the killer came from nowhere, guns blazing.

Did you ever defeat the killer?

This is one of the more intriguing easter eggs I've heard about! I hope to replicate it tonight.

Still no word on the Seinfeld cast in a diner in Algonquin? Something like 4 blocks away from Cluckin Bell? I still haven't verified that one yet...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users