Photo

Is there going to be a patch for the 360

23 replies to this topic
DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:49 AM

With the news of a PS3 patch is the 360 going to get one, I haven't been able to play this game since it came out without it freezing every 20 mins or so, this has spoilt the game for me especially when playing online.

iuselotsofbullets
  • iuselotsofbullets

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:28 PM

from what I have heard the freezing is due to a hardware problem and may actually require you to send your xbox back..dont wait on a patch call xbox support

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

It can't be a hardware problem as it is exactly the same problem as the PS3 was having, it would be too much of a coincidence that both consoles are having the same problems and on one console it was hardware while on the other it was software.

Motocross83
  • Motocross83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

It's hard to tell what it is.

I would say that it's the software because my 360 plays other games just fine. It's only GTA 4 that locks up instantly. I can't even get 10 minutes in and iv'e tried every conceivable fix. Yet having said that, the majority (although the minority is still far too high) haven't had problems and iv'e even heard people say that switching 360's is often the solution. It's a mystery.

What annoys me more than anything though, is the almost total lack of info from Rockstar.

It'd be nice and would put alot of minds to rest for those that are having problems, to be kept up to date with what they're doing, what their findings are etc... We shouldn't be finding ourselves in this situation of constantly having to ask eachother if anyone knows anything about a fix.

40 isn't peanuts.

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Motocross83 @ May 8 2008, 15:37)
It's hard to tell what it is.

I would say that it's the software because my 360 plays other games just fine. It's only GTA 4 that locks up instantly. I can't even get 10 minutes in and iv'e tried every conceivable fix. Yet having said that, the majority (although the minority is still far too high) haven't had problems and iv'e even heard people say that switching 360's is often the solution. It's a mystery.

What annoys me more than anything though, is the almost total lack of info from Rockstar.

It'd be nice and would put alot of minds to rest for those that are having problems, to be kept up to date with what they're doing, what their findings are etc... We shouldn't be finding ourselves in this situation of constantly having to ask eachother if anyone knows anything about a fix.

40 isn't peanuts.

Thats right, they could keep us up to date, There are loads of people having the same problem on the 360, just look through the topics on here, but if you google the problem there are thousands, and it seriously isn't on, GTA is a superb game but I can't even play it after paying 40 I feel a bit ripped off as there not even acknowledging the problem and are working on fixing it for the PS3 and not the 360, when they are both having the same problem.

All my other games work fine on the 360 too it is just GTA that doesn't work, and they want to get the problem sorted quickly if it is to be believed that the game is killing peoples machines as they could be dealing with people putting claims in against them if anyone can prove it.

Motocross83
  • Motocross83

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:13 AM

Today, for an experiement i switched 360's and it has made a difference, which is surprising. I don't understand why but it (gta 4) now appears to run just fine, although the graphics aren't that good. Particularly shadows, which seem a touch blurry to me...... Wheather everyone is getting this or wheather it's just my specific copy i do not know.

However as i said before, i couldn't even get by the first cut scene with my old 360 premium without it freezing but so far today iv'e managed to put in a good 45 mins of play time with this new one.

Either way everytime i start this game up i'm sweating although it is , as a game, very enjoyable. I have a feeling i'll soon run into another problem though. Lets hope rockstar pull their finger out soon and show the 360 owners a bit of love.

undertake782
  • undertake782

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:10 AM

It's because the massive data and the amount is jamming the processor causing it to freeze. Rockstar had to remove alot of things from the originally planned GTA IV and so bugs might appear because they had to make space to be able to fit on the xbox360's dual layered disk. I noticed that you shouldn't go so fast toward a checkpoint marker to get a cutscene and stuff like storymode. If you freeze, wait for a few seconds. If your xbox360 is freezing alot, it can't handle all the data and I think you need to send it in. Whenever my game freezes, I drive slow for like 10 seconds and then start driving like a maniac. Hope this helps.

Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (undertake782 @ May 10 2008, 03:10)
It's because the massive data and the amount is jamming the processor causing it to freeze. Rockstar had to remove alot of things from the originally planned GTA IV and so bugs might appear because they had to make space to be able to fit on the xbox360's dual layered disk. I noticed that you shouldn't go so fast toward a checkpoint marker to get a cutscene and stuff like storymode. If you freeze, wait for a few seconds. If your xbox360 is freezing alot, it can't handle all the data and I think you need to send it in. Whenever my game freezes, I drive slow for like 10 seconds and then start driving like a maniac. Hope this helps.

You shouldn't have to do that. f*ck rockstar and f*ck microsh*t.

MadBullBunny
  • MadBullBunny

Based

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2008 - 03:25 AM

haaaaaaa proof xbox is holding ps3 back!

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (madbullbunny @ May 10 2008, 03:25)

eh sorry but the problem was worse on the PS3 thats why they made the patch for that piece of crap first, and what do you think held GTA back in the first place, all the problems on the PS3, also game developers have said making games on the 360 is a dream and on the PS3 a nightmare, the online is crap on the PS3 you couldn't even get a game online for the first 3 days GTA first came out.

So don't say 360 is holding the PS3 back, the PS3 is a load of crap and is heading the same way as the dreamcast.

MadBullBunny
  • MadBullBunny

Based

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ May 10 2008, 01:16)

eh sorry but the problem was worse on the PS3 thats why they made the patch for that piece of crap first, and what do you think held GTA back in the first place, all the problems on the PS3, also game developers have said making games on the 360 is a dream and on the PS3 a nightmare, the online is crap on the PS3 you couldn't even get a game online for the first 3 days GTA first came out.

So don't say 360 is holding the PS3 back, the PS3 is a load of crap and is heading the same way as the dreamcast.

haha, no u just lost again =3 have seen the ammount of threads put up about their consols f*cking up? oh wait most of them are xsux 360, saying how much their f*cking hardware sucks dick cause microsoft doesnt know how to making a gaming consol for sh*t, and xsux 360's are breaking because the game is to much for it, causing it to overheat and crap like that, and the reason why rockstar couldnt release it when it was suppose to was because both consols were having problems as u noticed, but obviously xbox has way more problems, and u couldnt get online with the ps3 because their was to many people trying to get on at once cause its just the damn great wow.gif and yes 360 is holding the ps3 back with this game, this game couldve been million times better if microsoft hadnt have paid them out, im sure sony didnt really care because now rockstar reliezes they made a mistake doing that to sony, the just made a awesome game half of what it was going to be because of xbox, and wanna know why we have a patch first? cause we were first to fix the problem, of course microsoft is its slow self and will take forever to fix the problem for it, and u see what happens when they try to rush things? they creat the xsux 360 that craps out on everyone, im sure 80% of the people who had an xbox has atleast one the broke in some way, i mean even my aunts 360 crapped out playing a stupid seen it game, that just how retarded it is

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

Even if the 360 held gta back, I think it turned out great. Ps3 is having a few problems, yes. But they can be fixed with firmware, just a matter of time. So far I can hear is that the xbox is having real hardware problems....that aint right microsoft...

IF and only IF microsoft held the game back, they should be punished for this. Even more rockstar offcourse, cous they accepted this big money offer. But there isnt really proof of that now is it. I think GTA IV looks great, on both consoles.

And saying that the ps3 is heddin the same road as the dreamcast is just plain ignorance, do you even realise how many ps3's were sold with the launch of this game? I never seen that happen with damn dreamcast (wich is accually a great machine...just bad marketing)

Xbox 360 has indeed found its match with the launch of GTA IV, and we can smell it all the way into the troubleshooting area of this forum. Its seems with the launch of the ps3 patch allot of consoles were fixed, and 2 parties are still waiting to be repared. The 60 gig launch models of the ps3 and allot of xbox 360 users. Now Sony has confirmed they are working on the firmware patch of these models, were the HELL is microsoft!!!!!!!!!
I have nothing against MS, but reading these topics makes me F*cking angry. How the hell can you f*ck so many people over and get away with it. Not even 1 pressrelease!! When vista came out we had the same problems(we still do). Were hearing nothing from MS, they ignore everybody.

F*ck the console wars, we need to help everybody with a copy of GTA IV. Unite, and lets face this beast!!!

(I think I went a bit far...)

MadBullBunny
  • MadBullBunny

Based

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:42 PM

thats totally true, and all u people saying sony sucks look they had to make a patch first because they blow big dicks! well u guys are wrong, sony was on top of things responding to people SHOWING THE f*ckING GIVE A DAMN ABOUT OUR GAMEPLAY, VISTA SUCKS ASS it was the worst f*cking sh*t ever made, and microsoft is doing nothing to fix it all

makiaveli777
  • makiaveli777

Keep ya head up

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (madbullbunny @ May 10 2008, 08:00)
QUOTE (DEV1L @ May 10 2008, 01:16)

haha, no u just lost again =3 have seen the ammount of threads put up about their consols f*cking up? oh wait most of them are xsux 360, saying how much their f*cking hardware sucks dick cause microsoft doesnt know how to making a gaming consol for sh*t, and xsux 360's are breaking because the game is to much for it, causing it to overheat and crap like that, and the reason why rockstar couldnt release it when it was suppose to was because both consols were having problems as u noticed, but obviously xbox has way more problems, and u couldnt get online with the ps3 because their was to many people trying to get on at once cause its just the damn great wow.gif and yes 360 is holding the ps3 back with this game, this game couldve been million times better if microsoft hadnt have paid them out, im sure sony didnt really care because now rockstar reliezes they made a mistake doing that to sony, the just made a awesome game half of what it was going to be because of xbox, and wanna know why we have a patch first? cause we were first to fix the problem, of course microsoft is its slow self and will take forever to fix the problem for it, and u see what happens when they try to rush things? they creat the xsux 360 that craps out on everyone, im sure 80% of the people who had an xbox has atleast one the broke in some way, i mean even my aunts 360 crapped out playing a stupid seen it game, that just how retarded it is

f*ck you both sh*tty lifeless fanboys! getalife

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:10 PM

erm probobly yeah, but the PS3 patch was becuase like the whole online froze or summurt and so not everyone coulld go on.
so like before the patch came out, i could only get on once if i was lucky, but now i can always get on biggrin.gif

but yeah, they should probobly release a patch to help the xbox problem too!

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ May 10 2008, 06:16)

wow chill out.. it wasnt that bad actually.
so seriously, dont get all pissed off and call the PS3 a peice of crap. I would never say that about the xbox 360 so no need for you to offend the people who own a PS3.

Also the xbox held a lot of things back for the GTA as they couldn't fit everything on the xbox.
Oh and no wonder it was hard for people to get a game online, EVERYONE who had online and GTA were playing multiplayer.

TiddleyWinker
  • TiddleyWinker

Trick

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Molotiv @ May 10 2008, 10:15)
Even if the 360 held gta back, I think it turned out great. Ps3 is having a few problems, yes. But they can be fixed with firmware, just a matter of time. So far I can hear is that the xbox is having real hardware problems....that aint right microsoft...

IF and only IF microsoft held the game back, they should be punished for this. Even more rockstar offcourse, cous they accepted this big money offer. But there isnt really proof of that now is it. I think GTA IV looks great, on both consoles.

And saying that the ps3 is heddin the same road as the dreamcast is just plain ignorance, do you even realise how many ps3's were sold with the launch of this game? I never seen that happen with damn dreamcast (wich is accually a great machine...just bad marketing)

Xbox 360 has indeed found its match with the launch of GTA IV, and we can smell it all the way into the troubleshooting area of this forum. Its seems with the launch of the ps3 patch allot of consoles were fixed, and 2 parties are still waiting to be repared. The 60 gig launch models of the ps3 and allot of xbox 360 users. Now Sony has confirmed they are working on the firmware patch of these models, were the HELL is microsoft!!!!!!!!!
I have nothing against MS, but reading these topics makes me F*cking angry. How the hell can you f*ck so many people over and get away with it. Not even 1 pressrelease!! When vista came out we had the same problems(we still do). Were hearing nothing from MS, they ignore everybody.

F*ck the console wars, we need to help everybody with a copy of GTA IV. Unite, and lets face this beast!!!

(I think I went a bit far...)

I agree mate.. me and my friends own either a PS3 or an xbox 360, we dont argue but we talk about the ups and downs of both consoles, and if you look at them the ups and downs for each console is different to the other console, so my and my friends have agreed that both consoles are great in there own way and that we should respect that.

We also agree that this console war should end and then maybe Microsoft and Sony could get along and actually make 1 OUTSTANDING game console!

fats420
  • fats420

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:16 PM Edited by fats420, 11 May 2008 - 11:40 PM.

1st off there would of already been an update if yall had emailed take2 or microsoft and complained
2nd whoever thinks that the PS3 was held back by the 360 is a moron, the only thing holding the PS3 back is itself, if it was so much better GTA would have been made on the PS3 not the 360 thats jus common sense

ThrillingFungus
  • ThrillingFungus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:30 AM

ps3 owners are seen complaining about problems way more than xbox man.

Shylock
  • Shylock

Gedachtnisse sind genau das.

• The Precinct

Posted 12 May 2008 - 02:10 PM

The only problem I had before the PS3 patch was that I couldn't play online. All that was required was to disable the internet connection before loading GTAIV. So to say the PS3 problem is larger, doubt it. More widespread? Most defineately.

The only real difference between consoles I have noticed is the respective companies support level. MS don't seem to care. While Sony was begging people to report the problem to help them troubleshoot. Any other observation about the consoles and performance is bollocks.

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Shylock @ May 12 2008, 14:10)
The only problem I had before the PS3 patch was that I couldn't play online. All that was required was to disable the internet connection before loading GTAIV. So to say the PS3 problem is larger, doubt it. More widespread? Most defineately.

The only real difference between consoles I have noticed is the respective companies support level. MS don't seem to care. While Sony was begging people to report the problem to help them troubleshoot. Any other observation about the consoles and performance is bollocks.

Microsoft don't care ??????

Is that why they were the only company to advertise the game with the xbox, and is that why they paid 50 million for extra content download, sony encouraged people to complain to take the pressure from them self more like.

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:03 AM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ May 12 2008, 22:21)
The only problem I had before the PS3 patch was that I couldn't play online.  All that was required was to disable the internet connection before loading GTAIV.  So to say the PS3 problem is larger, doubt it.  More widespread?  Most defineately. 

The only real difference between consoles I have noticed is the respective companies support level.  MS don't seem to care.  While Sony was begging people to report the problem to help them troubleshoot.  Any other observation about the consoles and performance is bollocks.

Is that why they were the only company to advertise the game with the xbox, and is that why they paid 50 million for extra content download, sony encouraged people to complain to take the pressure from them self more like.

They might advertised the most in the beginning of the launch period.

Nowadays microsoft is holding back their advertisement for GTA IV, and probably for good reason. Microsoft is screwing its own gaming comunity by shutting up, and ignoring you.

This really needs to stop, If they dont fix this things will get worse with the release of this DLC.

And dont forget that most ps3 owners were helped with the release of the patch, including me.

method.man 2
  • method.man 2

Va fungool

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:22 PM

first of all, the size matter why do people still think that if gta iv was ps3 exclusive it would have been bigger
the 360 disc holds more than 12GB (im not sure how big they actually are but im sure ive heard that its bigger than that) but GTAIV only takes up 6-7GB
GTA will always be as big as rockstar want it to be it will never be the console that depicts how big it will be.

next the DLC from what ive heard this was offered to sony first but they declined it now if thats true explain why they did this i can think of a couple of reasons either they thought MS would decline too(but who would be stupid enough to think that lol.gif ), or it was just so they didnt have to spend anything.

now for the console which plays it better
i know around 30 people that have this game for 360 and only 1 of them have had a problem (RRoD) to my knowledge
i know 4 people that have this on ps3 3 of them cant play due to disc read errors and the other ones save file messed up making him have to restart the game
if i didnt have a 360 looking at these statistics i know which console i would buy

the final thing is reliability as far as a reliable console goes the PS3 wins hands down its fail rate is much smaller than that of the 360's and this is why IMO the PS3 2 years down the line will be the superior console, but if you buying a console to play GTAIV buy the 360 less problems, better online and DLC to look forward too

@ any fanboys that post back saying this is all bs i really dont care what you think as most fanboys are mindless idiots that dont understand the true meaning of gaming and in my eyes should be banned from all forms of consoles and games.

Shylock
  • Shylock

Gedachtnisse sind genau das.

• The Precinct

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ May 12 2008, 23:21)
The only problem I had before the PS3 patch was that I couldn't play online.  All that was required was to disable the internet connection before loading GTAIV.  So to say the PS3 problem is larger, doubt it.  More widespread?  Most defineately. 

The only real difference between consoles I have noticed is the respective companies support level.  MS don't seem to care.  While Sony was begging people to report the problem to help them troubleshoot.  Any other observation about the consoles and performance is bollocks.

I think the timely release of a patch to solve the freezing problem (if you can even call it that, my game only froze when I was connected to the internet) proved Sony was working to fix the problem.

So on that note, what has microsoft done? Besides nothing, of course?

dozingoff.gif

And before you stick out your chest and inflate your ego, I own both consoles. I just happen to get GTAIV for PS3. wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users