Photo

Alderney should have had its own police department

70 replies to this topic
Derventa
  • Derventa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:23 AM

This could fit well into the story, with that cop who assigns you missions. An idea of a mission could have been like kill the Alderney Chief of Police, or something like that happy.gif

Abu Musaab
  • Abu Musaab

Terrorist

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

I agree.

The Quench
  • The Quench

'SEVEN1FO'

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:31 AM

Same here, this would of been good.

SplinterCell
  • SplinterCell

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Derventa @ May 7 2008, 23:23)
This could fit well into the story, with that cop who assigns you missions. An idea of a mission could have been like kill the Alderney Chief of Police, or something like that happy.gif

When I unlocked Alderney, I was like "Why is LCPD here? Isn't this an independent state??"

stop_hammertime
  • stop_hammertime

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:57 AM

I'm pretty sure its not LCPD. They were lighter uniforms. I'll double check. And if it is then I'm guessing they just made alderney part of New York.

Dotseoem
  • Dotseoem

Member of DrkHWF.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:57 AM

Yes, they should.

But atleast they have their own uniforms.

TheSharkIsALie
  • TheSharkIsALie

Peon

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (Derventa @ May 8 2008, 02:23)

A cop assigns me missions? Is that a spoiler, or an idea?

Dotseoem
  • Dotseoem

Member of DrkHWF.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (TheSharkIsALie @ May 8 2008, 03:00)
QUOTE (Derventa @ May 8 2008, 02:23)
This could fit well into the story, with that cop who assigns you missions. An idea of a mission could have been like kill the Alderney Chief of Police, or something like that  happy.gif

A cop assigns me missions? Is that a spoiler, or an idea?

Is that a joke, or do you not play the game? confused.gif

No Offense, but I hate people who don't play the storyline. angry.gif

Layingthepipe
  • Layingthepipe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

Ya, it totally sucks, that there are LCPD cars but different uinforms. When GTA add extra content, I want them to seriously add another police force for Alderney. I was so hoping for different police cars. How would I get GTA's attention on this?

-Chewy-
  • -Chewy-

Chewing all day long

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:18 PM

I saw a different sort of Police car once while in Alderney
but it might have been some sort of FIB thing
it was like a normal police car

Derventa
  • Derventa

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:55 PM Edited by Derventa, 08 May 2008 - 08:57 PM.

The reason I suggest this is because of the New York- Jersey "rivalry" happy.gif

user posted image

Vs

user posted image

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:10 PM

I agree, Alderney should have a state police department. It made no sense. Before IV dropped, Rockstar kept insisting that Alderney was its own state, but yet they only treated Alderney as another borough in this game. When you go to the West River in Alderney City, there is even a sign there that says "Liberty City Port Authority". I was like whatsthat.gif Atleast in SA there was more attention to city detail.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:13 PM

All they need to do is make a black and white re-skin of the NOOSE cruiser.

Layingthepipe
  • Layingthepipe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:29 AM

Come on R* make another police car for Alderney and and State would be nice!!! Good pics there up top. I am not much of a computer programer but would it be easy for Them to put a car in game through the internet like it was for the PC and modding?

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:55 AM

San Andreas is the only GTA with different police cars in different cities, and it's only barely done, with just the doors and license plates of the cruisers different. All other emergency vehicles, including all police vehicles except cruisers, are "SAPD", with San Andreas variously described as a state and a county. Police vehicle-by-jurisdiction seems to be another bit of code that fell out along with San Andreas' license plate programming. These are minor details but I'm curious why details successfully implemented in one game don't work in the next version by the same team.

serbian warrior
  • serbian warrior

Libertonian Detroiter

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

blush.gif you're right. the police officers look diffrent but other than that nill

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:10 AM

I hope they add the blue with white stripe NYPD cars to Alderny. I like that color scheme better than the new one.

PistolwhipU
  • PistolwhipU

If its gonna be that kinda party....

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:12 AM

Has anyone seen the police cruiser that says immigration or something like that on the side?I just saw it today but it was in the dukes area by the coastline.Couldnt stay and watch as I was evading a 4 star wanted level.If they can make one in LC,why didnt they make one for Alderney?

Layingthepipe
  • Layingthepipe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:17 AM

The Immigration PD comes out after 4 stars and it has Hummers as well. I had a car for awhile and did police missions. How to I write to Rockstar? I am a bit of a goof but I really want to see this detail in the game.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

I don't think they are immigration, because the car is called a NOOSE cruiser. That would mean they are NOOSE agents.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ May 8 2008, 20:25)
I don't think they are immigration, because the car is called a NOOSE cruiser. That would mean they are NOOSE agents.

The car with blue and gold stripes is from the Liberty City Patriotism and Immigration Authority, because the markings are the same as the helicopter that says that.

Layingthepipe
  • Layingthepipe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:10 AM

read the side of the car, its says immirgation and something else, it is faint. Anyways, how to write to the developers?

SplinterCell
  • SplinterCell

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 8 2008, 22:53)
QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ May 8 2008, 20:25)

The car with blue and gold stripes is from the Liberty City Patriotism and Immigration Authority, because the markings are the same as the helicopter that says that.

National Office of Security Enforcement: LC Patriotism and Immigration Authority

liberty-city-cocks-rule
  • liberty-city-cocks-rule

Sweaty Sock

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:57 PM

"The new police chief wants a bigger cut. Bubby wants him dead."

Then you need to go and get that tanker and park it under the police station.

Ah, retro. inlove.gif

PS: Sorry if I ruined the storyline for GTA1 for anyone, but seriously where the f*ck have you been, it came out over a decade ago!

ethrion
  • ethrion

III < SA < VC < IV

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:00 PM

QUOTE (liberty-city-cocks-rule @ May 21 2008, 04:57)
"The new police chief wants a bigger cut. Bubby wants him dead."

Then you need to go and get that tanker and park it under the police station.

Ah, retro. inlove.gif

PS: Sorry if I ruined the storyline for GTA1 for anyone, but seriously where the f*ck have you been, it came out over a decade ago!

I remember that mission! It was awesome. Ahhh GTA inlove.gif

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 9 2008, 00:55)
San Andreas is the only GTA with different police cars in different cities, and it's only barely done, with just the doors and license plates of the cruisers different.

Actually, they all had differences.

The SFPD car had a higher suspension (possibly because of the hills).
and the LVPD car was an older design than the others (Kinda reminded me of the 80's VCPD cruisers).

Whynotplay
  • Whynotplay

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ May 8 2008, 21:10)
When you go to the West River in Alderney City, there is even a sign there that says "Liberty City Port Authority". I was like whatsthat.gif Atleast in SA there was more attention to city detail.

That is actually accurate. New York and New Jersey have a joint Port Authority (PANYNJ) that control the major bridges/airports/tunnels in the New York/Newark area. So the Port Authority in Alderney should be the same as in the other islands.

ViceCityNative4Life
  • ViceCityNative4Life

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:36 AM

I think it is like the real New York (best city in the world btw. Just wanted to put that out there biggrin.gif )
NY is made up of five buroughs; but they are all patrolled by the nypd. It is the same for LC

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ May 20 2008, 21:06)
QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 9 2008, 00:55)
San Andreas is the only GTA with different police cars in different cities, and it's only barely done, with just the doors and license plates of the cruisers different.

Actually, they all had differences.

The SFPD car had a higher suspension (possibly because of the hills).
and the LVPD car was an older design than the others (Kinda reminded me of the 80's VCPD cruisers).

the lvpd had 90 caprice based cars

the sf and sa cars were crown vics but had different paint schemes

deimos256
  • deimos256

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:19 AM

QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ May 8 2008, 21:10)
I agree, Alderney should have a state police department. It made no sense. Before IV dropped, Rockstar kept insisting that Alderney was its own state, but yet they only treated Alderney as another borough in this game. When you go to the West River in Alderney City, there is even a sign there that says "Liberty City Port Authority". I was like whatsthat.gif Atleast in SA there was more attention to city detail.

Umm Hello the uniforms of the cops in alderney are EXACTLY the same uniforms of the NJ state police, i have stated this in about 6 other posts why does nobody get it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users