165 replies to this topic
Tony Mozzarelli 80
  • Tony Mozzarelli 80

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (Brace @ Jul 9 2008, 20:17)
Belfast 70's?

Well i would love that, but unfortunately i don't think we'll ever see that because it would have to
deal with political issues, which they wouldn't have the balls to do

The BigSlick
  • The BigSlick

Trick

• Members

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (ALabamaGamer @ Jul 9 2008, 18:54)
QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ May 7 2008, 23:39)
Can yall people explain to me why yall like playing the same cities over and over again? What the f*ck do you wanna expand on? Theres a new game system every 5 years and a new engine, are we gonna "expand" Liberty City and Vice City for every new console? Are yall people even thinking? The technology will always continue to get better, by yall logic we will be stuck doing the same 3 cities over and over again so that they can be "updated" them. f*ck this nostalia bullsh*t.

I completely agree with OG Bobby Johnson (lol). I couldn't have said it better myself.

Get over VC and SA. Its in the past. Move the hell on. Yes, they were good and great and wonderful but you all are limiting the possibilities. Why in the world would you want to replay the same two games, the same two maps when there could be something bigger and better?! mercie_blink.gif

ok then.. think about it this way, if Rockstar never called GTA 4's Liberty City, Liberty City, would you lot still complain? Its totaly diffrent.. sarcasm.gif

occupant
  • occupant

Occupant Ilied Industries

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:27 AM

I know there's a dozen or more topics on the city idea. I wouldn't be interested in another 1980's Miami/Vice City. Here's my five favorites...

1970s Chicago
1970s Las Vegas/Las Venturas
1990s Detroit/Toronto
1990s Seattle-Vancouver
2000s Gulf Coast (Houston-New Orleans-Gulfport-Florida Panhandle, with finale in Miami/Vice City)

I tell you what, late 60s-early 70s Chicago with all the political/racial issues and the outright corruption sounds incredible. If they go Chicago, there damn well better be a Blues Brothers reference somewhere. Have them playing in a nightclub/lounge, or have random sightings of the Bluesmobile being chased by a copper Pinto wagon/police cars/motorhome/green LTD wagon/Carrie Fisher with a flamethrower.

I would also think Chicago would allow for Canadian play considering Quebec is straight across the water. Chicago-Quebec-Toronto-Detroit. 1970s muscle cars, limos, tiny Japanese sh*tboxes, Beetles galore, big block Corvettes, actual police interceptor cars with 428-440-454cid motors and sh*tty brakes, a huge variety of music on AM *AND* FM from acid rock to pop to metal to punk to Lawrence F'ing Welk. And the girls are so easy in the time of free love. Just think, instead of paying a hooker, you pick up a chick with long hair and beads and she does you for free.

It's a whole different world and I think it would fit well into the GTA genre for all the corruption, crime, free love, and kickass cars. And before I close, there better be tweed sport jackets like Harry Callahan would wear. And green unmarked Ford police package sedans that evaporate tires on command.

tmac9wr
  • tmac9wr

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (Shadownet @ Jul 9 2008, 01:31)
It can be set in Vice City, but this time I recommend a modern one, probably in year 2009 and 2010...

You have to understand that you can't have Vice City set in modern times. It has to be the 80s. Miami was on fire during the 80s, it was the peak of crime, money and corruption. The people who are saying "hey lets have a modern Vice City!" are probably fans of Bad Boyz II or something, becuase they think it'd be cool to be involved with the stupid ecstacy trade. The simple answer is, Miami in the 80s was the.place.to.be. The style and nostalgia of the 1980s is so befitting of the GTA series that it would be a shame if they didn't take another crack at it. The thought of being able to have shootouts in neon-clad clubs in Vice City is awesome.

The past GTA focused on "rags to less-rags", but the move to Vice City as a coke dealer would allow people to fulfill their fantasies of being a drug kingpin and purchasing all the absurdly excessive items that goes along with that status. Hell, R* could even make dozens and dozens of new purchasable items available for download after the release. I feel like many of the developers at R* grew up in the 80s, and the absurd culture of the 80s will be too much to pass up for our guys at R*....I would be perfectly happy waiting another 2-3 years for a new GTA game if it meant we were returning to 1980s Vice City.

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:45 AM

QUOTE (KevinR1990 @ Jul 9 2008, 04:30)
-Chicago: ...and its setting in the Roaring Twenties...

Either i misunderstood your post, or you just said you want a GT game to take place in 1920...

Pegorino
  • Pegorino

=A=

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (tmac9wr @ Jul 11 2008, 05:31)
QUOTE (Shadownet @ Jul 9 2008, 01:31)
It can be set in Vice City, but this time I recommend a modern one, probably in year 2009 and 2010...

You have to understand that you can't have Vice City set in modern times. It has to be the 80s. Miami was on fire during the 80s, it was the peak of crime, money and corruption. The people who are saying "hey lets have a modern Vice City!" are probably fans of Bad Boyz II or something, becuase they think it'd be cool to be involved with the stupid ecstacy trade. The simple answer is, Miami in the 80s was the.place.to.be. The style and nostalgia of the 1980s is so befitting of the GTA series that it would be a shame if they didn't take another crack at it. The thought of being able to have shootouts in neon-clad clubs in Vice City is awesome.

The past GTA focused on "rags to less-rags", but the move to Vice City as a coke dealer would allow people to fulfill their fantasies of being a drug kingpin and purchasing all the absurdly excessive items that goes along with that status. Hell, R* could even make dozens and dozens of new purchasable items available for download after the release. I feel like many of the developers at R* grew up in the 80s, and the absurd culture of the 80s will be too much to pass up for our guys at R*....I would be perfectly happy waiting another 2-3 years for a new GTA game if it meant we were returning to 1980s Vice City.

couldnt agree with you more bro, gta iv hints about vice city durning missions so hopefully we get out best city back. vice city in the 80s have been played to death? look at liberty city in the 2000's

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:58 AM

GTA III doesn't take place in 2008, it takes place in 2001. There has been a lot of progress in these seven years. Enough to make the two games different. Plus, the city has been changed alot.

What you're asking for is ANOTHER Vice city game to take place in the 80's, and i assume in the same three years GTA: VC took place in. Not enough progress to spawn another game with those settings.

So, what you're asking for is just a port of Vice city with better graphics and changed buildings, instead of an entirely different game, basically.

Pegorino
  • Pegorino

=A=

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE (006 @ Jul 11 2008, 05:58)
GTA III doesn't take place in 2008, it takes place in 2001. There has been a lot of progress in these seven years. Enough to make the two games different. Plus, the city has been changed alot.

What you're asking for is ANOTHER Vice city game to take place in the 80's, and i assume in the same three years GTA: VC took place in. Not enough progress to spawn another game with those settings.

So, what you're asking for is just a port of Vice city with better graphics and changed buildings, instead of an entirely different game, basically.

i said liberty city in the 2000s not a specific year. then have vice city in the early 80s so it makes the 2 games different around 83

ALabamaGamer
  • ALabamaGamer

You think you big time?!!!

• Members

Posted 11 July 2008 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (The BigSlick @ Jul 10 2008, 17:24)
QUOTE (ALabamaGamer @ Jul 9 2008, 18:54)
QUOTE (DoubleOGJohnson @ May 7 2008, 23:39)
Can yall people explain to me why yall like playing the same cities over and over again? What the f*ck do you wanna expand on? Theres a new game system every 5 years and a new engine, are we gonna "expand" Liberty City and Vice City for every new console? Are yall people even thinking? The technology will always continue to get better, by yall logic we will be stuck doing the same 3 cities over and over again so that they can be "updated" them. f*ck this nostalia bullsh*t.

I completely agree with OG Bobby Johnson (lol). I couldn't have said it better myself.

Get over VC and SA. Its in the past. Move the hell on. Yes, they were good and great and wonderful but you all are limiting the possibilities. Why in the world would you want to replay the same two games, the same two maps when there could be something bigger and better?! mercie_blink.gif

ok then.. think about it this way, if Rockstar never called GTA 4's Liberty City, Liberty City, would you lot still complain? Its totaly diffrent.. sarcasm.gif

Oook.....what?

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:11 AM Edited by Mark Pagliaro, 12 July 2008 - 01:29 AM.

I am one of those that is hung up on the past cities/ state. I see why people want new cities though but in my opinion if they redo it still will be a new city GTA IV LC was nothing like GTAIII LC and I would like to see IV go to completion with VC and SA but then let them rest. I do not want to see any futuristic stuff (gta2) but all and all it is not what I want its what R* wants.

- Wow I said the same thing two pages ago meh don'talways keeptrack.

Count them Lc was made how many times?
Original GTA
GTAIII
Gameboy Advance
LC Stories
GTA IV

5 if I am not missing any.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (YouMeSupreme @ Jul 8 2008, 01:48)
I want this
user posted image

With Miami, Orlando, New Orleans, Houston, Havana and Port-au-Prince as the main cities. Doubt it is gonna happen though. What concerns me most about the next GTA is if R* are finally going to give us enough ways to spend cash...imagine playing on this map and being able to buy yachts, any apartment, all kinds of vehicles, your own air/seaport or business or f*** it why not Disneyland?

Scarface offers Island's and Miami Florida. If you haven't played it I reccomend it.

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:22 AM Edited by krashdown, 12 July 2008 - 02:25 AM.

I'd like to see the next GTA Set further back into the past like in the 60s or 70s, possibly in San Andreas but Carcer City would also be good.
I hope that they include more vegetation areas, like small a small creek and trees and stuff like that biggrin.gif
  • jatiger13 likes this

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 02:30 AM

I thought I read somewhere that they only recreated LC because it wasn't what they were aiming for back in 01'.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:47 PM

A more modern and corrupt looking Vice City would be cool, but they would need to make more than just that city for the game I think. It might be nice if they just released it as an expansion to GTA IV but took the neccesary time to do it (2-3 years?) as well as adding a new storyline and options and features. But eh, whatever. They need to update GTA IV first.

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Fegs

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:21 PM

Why the f*ck did you bump a 5 year old thread you idiot?
  • jatiger13 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users