Photo

The next GTA HAS to be 80's VC...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
165 replies to this topic
Mike0
  • Mike0

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:21 AM Edited by Mike0, 08 May 2008 - 08:30 AM.

If you think about it, they probably still have those pictures and videos of miami that they took for making Vice City. So they can use it again.

But I dont know, a new city would be a more fresh idea. They can always do London.

Or otherwise I would love Tokyo, or some other Asian city.

But most of all, in the next GTA we dont want:

bad framerate
bad controls

We want:

more features (diving, sitting, walking inside of the bus,train)
planes
jet-skis
on-foot MP3
dashboard view
some kind of money system (you have to earn money to get through the month)
more arcade driving physics
speedometer
splinter cell features (night vision, climbing walls, etc...)
In the next GTA I want to see a soundtrack with WELL KNOWN tracks, an epic soundtrack
give us also a rear view mirror
give us support for steering wheels (with manual gearshift available)

For the script, utilise some well known script writer, or a movie producer, etc....
For the soundtrack, employ well known artists with their own music made exclusively for GTA

More on-foot missions

Give an option to finish the game without harming a single person (that way the critics will have something to write about)
For mission design, use the help of some Japanese mission designers.

Make GTA AN EPIC GAME

Before launch of the game, make some kind of beta.

Also form an official Rockstar forum where people can put in their ideas of what they want in the game.

Promote the launch of GTA with a music video on MTV.

Then that GTA would sell twice as much as this one. That kind of game would rule.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:27 AM

QUOTE (Mike0 @ May 8 2008, 08:21)
more arcade driving physics

The driving rocks! Don't bash it just because you suck at it. It's more realistic and extremly fun!

philhull
  • philhull

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:37 AM

QUOTE (Sithis88 @ May 8 2008, 05:44)
If they do it in londen I ain't gonna buy it, its so boring and I will keep sending them emails because the AI of other drivers suck, as they drive at the wrong side.
I still don't understand why English people do that, its not that I got something against English people or something, I have many mates that come from England, I just don't like it.

VICE CITY FTW!

You f*cking morons drive on the wrong side of the road, not us brits. We invented the raod mate so go f*ck the statue of happiness!

shifted
  • shifted

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

i would like to see them base something in europe for the next one.

around the middle to eastern european countries. poland, russia and the like.

and philhull, england found america didnt it? its the americans that revolted that set ur roads up seperate.

either way, most of europe is on same side of driving as america.

Mike0
  • Mike0

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:50 AM

I dont "suck at it". You can get used to any driving system. But in this driving system, the action slows down a bit. Thats why.

NFS MW has an arcade driving system, but the game is fun to me. Because of the presentation.

Elless
  • Elless

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (ricardomun @ May 7 2008, 22:46)
Well,they'll probably make another big and well known american city(Like Miami,Chicago,San Francisco,Los Angeles or Las Vegas again) or maybe London(I don't think any other place would fit in the gta world).
But if they're going to do Miami again it better be on the 80's biggrin.gif .

agreed smile.gif

perhaps they could add orlando to it aswell & we could go sniping in disneyland wow.gif

for the record VC was definately my favourite so far & I'd love to see it return on the ps3 smile.gif

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (philhull @ May 8 2008, 08:37)
QUOTE (Sithis88 @ May 8 2008, 05:44)
If they do it in londen I ain't gonna buy it, its so boring and I will keep sending them emails because the AI of other drivers suck, as they drive at the wrong side.
I still don't understand why English people do that, its not that I got something against English people or something, I have many mates that come from England, I just don't like it.

VICE CITY FTW!

You f*cking morons drive on the wrong side of the road, not us brits. We invented the raod mate so go f*ck the statue of happiness!

You invented the road (excuse me "raod")? dontgetit.gif Haha you must have failed history...

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:44 AM

QUOTE (Raven_Nytez @ May 8 2008, 09:22)
As much as I'd like to see a fully 3D GTA London or to revisit 80's Vice City, you got me thinking, why go back in time? How about GTA:3012? Laser Guns, Lightsabres, Hover-cars, Hover-bikes, Hover-helicopters! dontgetit.gif ..(K, maybe not..lol)

I like that idea, I think it could really work too. When I think of a future GTA using a full 3D world I think of The Fifth Element, ignoring the futuristic theme the movie did have a underlying bit of satire on society and the humor had that same sort feeling as Rockstar's stuff. The characters were reminiscent of Rockstar's stuff too.

Simon Balthier
  • Simon Balthier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:39 AM

I think they will go for Vice City and Las Venturas in the 2 360´s exclusive DLCs...just because these are the cities most quoted on ingame GTA IV TV and radio....(Los Santos comes third)

Or maybe this will be the DLCs for both consoles and 360 gets like more pedestrian missions...(idnc ^^)

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

I hope they re-do Vice City, if not, Los Santos (without Las Venturas and San Fierro) would suffice. Hell, I'd like to see Venturas alone, all the shiny light and stuff didn't really grab my soul with those sh*tty graphics.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:01 AM

The idea I've had is if they re-do San Andreas but not the 3D San Andreas but the one from the original GTA which was mostly a combination of San Francisco and Los Angeles. Forget the 90's though, this would be the 70's a period Rockstar have not done yet and given the treatment they gave Vice City with its 80's theme it would be great.

Nuthin But A G Thang Babyy
  • Nuthin But A G Thang Babyy

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

They should do Los Santos again i loved the whole "Westcoast Gangsta" theme. Or if not that they should do London or Moscow.

manana500
  • manana500

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:09 AM

Wow, we're already thinking ahead to the next one! lol.gif Anywho, I've gotta admit that GTA:VC definitely had the best atmosphere; GTA:III was the most original and just had that never-again-felt "wow" factor to it. I think SA was good but it just didn't have the same "atmosphere" or "feel" to it that the others had.

Personally don't see GTA going back in time now and certainly not repeating another city again. I like your thinking - Vice City was the best of the previous three but until I've properly played GTA:IV, I can't say it's the best so far. Of all the previous GTA's, Vice City is the one I replay. Ah, nostalgia... inlove.gif

Jonny2410
  • Jonny2410

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

Then we might get some decent music instead of this utter crap IV has.

cr416
  • cr416

Rat

• Awaiting Authorization

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (Raven_Nytez @ May 7 2008, 22:52)
As much as I'd like to see a fully 3D GTA London or to revisit 80's Vice City, you got me thinking, why go back in time? How about GTA:3012? Laser Guns, Lightsabres, Hover-cars, Hover-bikes, Hover-helicopters! dontgetit.gif ..(K, maybe not..lol)

I like that idea. You can be as politically incorrect as you wanna be coz slicing someone with a lightsabre hasnt happened yet.

Bizzare
  • Bizzare

Men dont follow titles, they follow courage.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:26 AM Edited by Bizzare, 08 May 2008 - 11:29 AM.

I think it'll be a sad day when they have to revisit eras or areas that have been done before, perhaps we should just accept that vice city and san andreas were great games and move on. It's a shame Mafia has the early 1900's sown up but i'd like to see you start out as a bent copper, it'd allow for a whole new range of abilites and the comedy value of rushing through the miranda rights.

The next one should definatly contain itself more on a stronger sterotype, what about Italy or dare I say it WW2? Pillaging German houses for paintings and propaganda jokes etc

BoneheadGTA
  • BoneheadGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:10 PM

San Andreas is better to me but I would like to see how Tommy Failed. Really there are only 6 Places it could be Liberty City, Vice CIty, San Andreas, London, Houston and New Orleans any other city would suck

Liberty: Done.
Vice: Done.
San An: Done.
London: I doubt an American game company could sucsessfully portray London. Football Firms, Skinheads, and East London Blacks are things Rockstar has never ventured into, and as they are Americans, I doubt they would do very well.
Houston: Boring. The aim of GTA games was to play in interesting cities like New York, London, LA, Miami. NOT boring cities with boring people.
New Orleans: LOL WTF? Unless the plan is to backtrack in time again, what would we do in New Orleans? Swim in waist deep water and deliver food to black people? LOL

what about Dubai? tounge.gif

Yeah... and our first couple of missions will be given to us by Osama Bin Laden...

San Andreas cause Im black

Is this even worthwhile saying? Hey yo homie mothaf*ckaz i wants the san andreas back cuz im black yo

Jonny2410
  • Jonny2410

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (BoneheadGTA @ May 8 2008, 12:10)
San Andreas is better to me but I would like to see how Tommy Failed. Really there are only 6 Places it could be Liberty City, Vice CIty, San Andreas, London, Houston and New Orleans any other city would suck

London: I doubt an American game company could sucsessfully portray London. Football Firms, Skinheads, and East London Blacks are things Rockstar has never ventured into, and as they are Americans, I doubt they would do very well.
Houston: Boring. The aim of GTA games was to play in interesting cities like New York, London, LA, Miami. NOT boring cities with boring people.
New Orleans: LOL WTF? Unless the plan is to backtrack in time again, what would we do in New Orleans? Swim in waist deep water and deliver food to black people? LOL

Yeah... and our first couple of missions will be given to us by Osama Bin Laden...

Is this even worthwhile saying? Hey yo homie mothaf*ckaz i wants the san andreas back cuz im black yo

Um actually Rockstar is scottish biggrin.gif

REDSKYYY
  • REDSKYYY

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:33 PM

Id rather revist vice in present time.
that would be an awesome change :]
If EA buys take two ill bet its montreal or vancouver.
they do mention canadian cities on the radio.

88survivor
  • 88survivor

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:48 PM

Well, New Orleans in the late 18th-early 19th Century was once a French colonized city with French policies before we took Lousiana and made it Americanized later on.

Mr_Prickles
  • Mr_Prickles

sixteen-year-old

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ May 8 2008, 07:49)
Set it in the 80's, and you lose the phone. I seriously doubt R* would scrap such an important, and cool feature, just to set it in the 80's, AGAIN.
Either Modern-day Vice City, Los Santos, Las Venturas, or a new city.

Maybe a prequel to GTA SA, set in only Los Santos, which would highlight the events that brought Grove Street "to it's knees" ("Apart from Sweet, Smoke, and you know yours truly, Grove Street don't bang no more" -Ryder), with missions towards the end having to do with the rising drug epidemic, and the driveby conducted by the Ballas in the Green Sabre.

dragonballz9
  • dragonballz9

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:55 PM

I think it will be Vice city again and Niko in it ,the reason is because before revenge mission roman gives me a messege to deal Dimitre so we will have big money and you could get a private jet to Vice city.
The other thing is that they always change the main character so anything could happen but it will be vice city.It should not be in 80s.

rogueleadersf
  • rogueleadersf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

It would make more sense to do a better version of vice city with a few new songs,missions and options with the same graphics and ephoria??? engine as GTA4,but tweak the driving more to resemble the original VC.Release it before gta5.Remember how resident evil was released for the gamecube with much better graphics and new locations and puzzles??That's what I'm hinting at.

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:31 PM

We deff need a remake of GTA sanandreas...i miss many of the features from SA.

If we dont get a remake og SA or something.

FLORIDA xD find that motherf*cking lawyer fa**ot i cant remember the name of's house and bomb it xD

Or do Brazil or something. Go burn down the rainforest biggrin.gif

Venezuela...i want Venezuela. Wait, Mercenaries 2 is doing Venezuela...awesome.

Simon Balthier
  • Simon Balthier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (BoneheadGTA @ May 8 2008, 12:10)

You are really stupid...first of all: You are making jokes about what happened to the people in New Orleans?!
And even better...you say that Dubai is a city in Afghanistan?! How can one living breathing thing be so stupid?!

And your little racist undertone makes you look even dumber...

Even my left toe has more braincells than you! smile.gif

@REDSKYYY:

That was my idea, too...revisit Vice or Las Venturas with Niko and his cousin (Roman + Las Venturas = BIG FUC*IN PROBLEMS! ^^)...
And they need to do work for REALLY big criminals...in GTA IV you´re only dealing with scumbags!

GTATottenham
  • GTATottenham

Yido till i die...

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:38 PM

I wouldnt mind if they re-did vice city again but no way should we have another game set in the past i much prefer the games set in the present (gta3, gta4).

ChuppyBear
  • ChuppyBear

Gta?:/

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE (zerrier @ May 8 2008, 13:31)
We deff need a remake of GTA sanandreas...i miss many of the features from SA.

If we dont get a remake og SA or something.

FLORIDA xD find that motherf*cking lawyer fa**ot i cant remember the name of's house and bomb it xD

Or do Brazil or something. Go burn down the rainforest biggrin.gif

Venezuela...i want Venezuela. Wait, Mercenaries 2 is doing Venezuela...awesome.

Well they wont be able to have the nice graphics, it took 4 years for this game. I wonder how long it will take to remodel the whole SA city^^

pat416
  • pat416

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:46 PM

Maybe they will combine past cities and make one giant GTA, that would be ill.

Daneire
  • Daneire

360Tag: Dannyeire

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:02 PM

GTAIV: Dublin City

Rockstar could actually make it to scale, as Dublin city isn't all that big. Anyone for a speedboat race up the Liffey? smile.gif They could flesh out the McReary family story. Also, they'd want to include more than 2/3 bars this time, to properly simulate Dublin! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

GTATottenham
  • GTATottenham

Yido till i die...

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:03 PM

Dublin...no offence but yaawn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users