Photo

Update V1.01?

82 replies to this topic
Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (theAudiologist @ May 8 2008, 18:51)
Well I've got the update, its installed and multiplayer still doesn't work...

No, it isn't my router/network or any other settings you can think of.

"Connection to one or more players has been lost..." f*ck off.

What a waste of 18MB of disk space...

Unfortunately that site did say that this patch did not fix things for everyone. I think the biggest complaint should stop being about which console you have, and what the hell is rockstar doing to fix this.

bmoredre
  • bmoredre

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 18:05)
QUOTE (Unknownhost @ May 7 2008, 17:46)
oh look fellas...its one of those glorified wii owner guys..think they used to call them 360s?

cant remember, dont fool with outdated systems to much anymore.

enjoy your zombie skin though...oh wait...

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.
Tell us, how is Blu-Ray working out for you? Because as far as I know, there are currently no good games that even touch on its potential. This is because, even though, apparently, your system is oh so high-and-mighty, developers are still wanting to develop for the 360.. Wonder why they are coding for both and not just your amazing future console? Maybe 'cause, lets face it, the PS3 online is a pile of crap. As are alot of other features.

Oh and I will enjoy my zombie skin, only level 10 players get it on 360. Shows a true sign of skill in the game, whereas for the PS3 they knew that most who play it are mindless artards, and so they give it to anyone.

Enjoy your game having nothing to distinguish between who has skill or not.

P.S: Nice grammar.

By the way, I would just like to point out that I used to own both consoles, so am not just a 360 fanboy who has not tried the PS3.

Umm Can Somebody tell him that hddvd is dead in the movie industry AND THE GAMES ARE NEXT and thats what your beloved 360 uses o im sorry dont u need a special drive to watch the murdered hd dvd's ? the 360 soon will follow. blue ray is the future for gaming & movies 360 has a better internet cause its microsoft bill gates wants to own the internet anyway but video games always belonged to playstation since ps one WHEN IN MY EYES NINTENDO & SEGA FEEL OFF came out. u aint see nothin yet ps3 is still on the rise I guess bill & company are tryna win at one thing since the other is clearly too much for them I guess they'll have a x box 720 comin out soon cause they need to redo that crap wit dem them over sized controllers and all PS OWNER 4 LIFE SINCE 1 EVEN IF IT GOES TO PS10 IM THERE

domthecondom
  • domthecondom

GTA LOVER!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:51 AM

no more problems with online....but i still do lose my rank sad.gif

Kingswede
  • Kingswede

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (Rockyfella @ May 7 2008, 17:14)
I'm so glad it's out, hopefully it shouldn't freeze now. biggrin.gif

Hey man how do i record what im doing ingame? I play online while my pc is online too, really want to film some stuff COD4/GTA stuff you know.

If anyone can answer would love it.

atix
  • atix

Peon

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (StinkyPete @ May 8 2008, 11:42)
HAH! And they said the PS3 wouldn't get downloadable stuff...

Looool

obese87
  • obese87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:22 PM Edited by obese87, 09 May 2008 - 11:31 PM.

give the console wars a rest!
you're all acting like fa**ots especially the 360 guy; the fact that you'd come onto a thread that doesn't concern you just to make scathing remarks about technical faults is highly ironic for an XBox 360 user.

back to the topic...
It's good that R* have turned out a patch pretty quickly but I'm worried developers will start releasing half-baked games because they know they can just release fixes later.

paulscfc1
  • paulscfc1

R* North, Scotland - Home of GTA

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

is this only a problem for ps3 or ps3 and 360??

Toff
  • Toff

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:47 PM

oh look fellas...its one of those glorified wii owner guys..think they used to call them 360s?

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.
Tell us, how is Blu-Ray working out for you? Because as far as I know, there are currently no good games that even touch on its potential. This is because, even though, apparently, your system is oh so high-and-mighty, developers are still wanting to develop for the 360.. Wonder why they are coding for both and not just your amazing future console? Maybe 'cause, lets face it, the PS3 online is a pile of crap. As are alot of other features.

Oh and I will enjoy my zombie skin, only level 10 players get it on 360. Shows a true sign of skill in the game, whereas for the PS3 they knew that most who play it are mindless artards, and so they give it to anyone.

By the way, I would just like to point out that I used to own both consoles, so am not just a 360 fanboy who has not tried the PS3.

Oh, look, a 360 fanboy moto_whistle.gif

Grow up, both of you. Both have good points, both have faults.

scottishrebal
  • scottishrebal

LCPD

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

Fanboys piss off somewhere else.

Dissimulation
  • Dissimulation

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (theAudiologist @ May 8 2008, 22:51)
Well I've got the update, its installed and multiplayer still doesn't work...

No, it isn't my router/network or any other settings you can think of.

"Connection to one or more players has been lost..." f*ck off.

What a waste of 18MB of disk space...

What Router do you actually have, because I'd say 90% of all uk connection problems, at least since the patch are caused by the router.

For example, I've got a BT Home Hub and was trying for ages to get online (brand new ps3, 40gb). Tried every way I could think to reduce the NAT level from 3 to at least 2, to enable upnp, I opened all the relevant ports and still got "Connection to one or more players has been lost." I was pretty f*cking livid to be honest, and starting to regret not buying it for my 360. I resigned myself to make do with the single player. That was until I found my BT Voyager router. Plugged it in, loaded up, didn't even have to change anything for the router, NAT Level 2, upnp enabled, no ports needed opening. 1 loss of connection in 30 or so online games now, only the slighest lag, I'm as happy as a pig in sh*t. cool.gif

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

Just popped the disc into my NES; why isn't it working properly?

DusterBuser
  • DusterBuser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (Raven_Nytez @ May 8 2008, 20:38)
And let's not forget the the rising of Blu-Ray. Although I heard (through word of mouth, so, probably about as reliable as.. Something that's not really that reliable..) that they were thinking about releasing a 360 with a Blu-Ray player? *shrugs*

Wow.. You're right, I feel so dirty.. I'm useless at this fanboy lark anyway, I've got no real hate for any of the consoles! lol

Umm. Okay, just sort of a thought. I got a 360 for its exclusives and have ps3 for games both systems have and br movies. But about there being a 360 that has blu-ray. Isn't that impossible? Sony owns blu-ray, it's a Sony-owned disk, so wouldn't it be impossible for ms to use it for the 360 considering Sony would obviously say no considering it would be like a suicide note for their little console war?

Shearpoisun
  • Shearpoisun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

Someone help me please.

I keep getting signed out of the playstation network due to some error 80...

Apart from that, since the update came out, it won't get passed 6% before it freezes and signs me out due to some error. Before that error would only happen every now and then but now it happens every time i put the game in and it tries to do the update.

What is the deal?

Is it my ISP?

Thanks

libertycity_fiction
  • libertycity_fiction

Dear brother I do not spread rumours I create them

• Members

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

I used to own a 360 and thank god I got rid of the peice of sh*t it destroyed my disk my ps3 is much better.

quorn23
  • quorn23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:34 AM

QUOTE (bmoredre @ May 9 2008, 00:22)
Umm Can Somebody tell him that hddvd is dead in the movie industry AND THE GAMES ARE NEXT and thats what your beloved 360 uses o im sorry dont u need a special drive to watch the murdered hd dvd's ? the 360 soon will follow. blue ray is the future for gaming & movies 360 has a better internet cause its microsoft bill gates wants to own the internet anyway but video games always belonged to playstation since ps one WHEN IN MY EYES NINTENDO & SEGA FEEL OFF came out. u aint see nothin yet ps3 is still on the rise I guess bill & company are tryna win at one thing since the other is clearly too much for them I guess they'll have a x box 720 comin out soon cause they need to redo that crap wit dem them over sized controllers and all PS OWNER 4 LIFE SINCE 1 EVEN IF IT GOES TO PS10 IM THERE

the future of gaming and movies are flashdrives and onlinestreaming, maybe you should do some reading before posting your i guess stuff into forums, no offense.

chikit134
  • chikit134

What are you? 12?

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:38 AM

its a patch that prevents the gamestop servers from crashing so if you wanna play multiplayer download this one. yes i know i dont own a ps3 but ive read around the net

Deeza
  • Deeza

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 03:32 PM

i downloaded it and it has fixed the freezing but now i can be driving and a car appears from no were and also things disappear and then reappear, so it fix's on thing and starts another problem.

Zer0Kewl
  • Zer0Kewl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:28 PM

hey guys is anyone else havin this problem also where you start to download the patch and it gets to 4% mayb even 10% and then it stops and you get signed off the network??

I been trying to play online but cant because it wont let me unless i download the patch!

Raven_Nytez
  • Raven_Nytez

Mr. Purple

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (Zer0Kewl @ Jun 4 2008, 23:28)
hey guys is anyone else havin this problem also where you start to download the patch and it gets to 4% mayb even 10% and then it stops and you get signed off the network??

I been trying to play online but cant because it wont let me unless i download the patch!

Download the update to your pc, transfer to a memory stick of some sort & run the update from that.

Wait, are we talking about an actual system update or just the game? I'm trolling! Mwahahaha...

Zer0Kewl
  • Zer0Kewl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Raven_Nytez @ Jun 4 2008, 23:31)
QUOTE (Zer0Kewl @ Jun 4 2008, 23:28)

Download the update to your pc, transfer to a memory stick of some sort & run the update from that.

Wait, are we talking about an actual system update or just the game? I'm trolling! Mwahahaha...

im not sure.. but when you try to play the game online it says you cant unless you download the 1.01 or w/e patch....

Zer0Kewl
  • Zer0Kewl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:16 AM

anyone?? its killing me that i cant play online

Zer0Kewl
  • Zer0Kewl

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

no one??

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

it fixes the issues with some server(havent looked at the date of this topic but the update is goddamn old!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users