Photo

Update V1.01?

82 replies to this topic
Phil Ca$$idy
  • Phil Ca$$idy

One armed bandit

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:50 PM

When I am asked to restart the download does not initiate. Any suggestions?

-EDIT-
It's working now on my fourth or fifth attempt.

SPACEMONKEYS!
  • SPACEMONKEYS!

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 21:42)
QUOTE (SPACEMONKEYS! @ May 7 2008, 21:38)
I thought this topic was about the update. Please shut the rape up.

After this update i still sometimes get the game does not exist error when somebody invites me and the game does stille exist.

Ah well only a minor flaw in the greatest damn game ever!

Could be your router, if it doesn't have some ports open or something you can't connect to some games.

don't think so because sometimes when i restart gta and the friend remains in the same game the error doen't happen again.

JustAddWater
  • JustAddWater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:08 PM

After the update the GPS talks to you? Maybe just luxurious vehicles? Kinda weird.

J-sic
  • J-sic

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (JustAddWater @ May 7 2008, 22:08)
After the update the GPS talks to you? Maybe just luxurious vehicles? Kinda weird.

The GPS has always been able to talk to you

Unknownhost
  • Unknownhost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:31 PM

chillcore: i used the same statement twice to close with my opening argument. its a common writing technique, you'll learn that in school eventually. terribly sorry if my oh-so-poor grammar offended you. i generally dont bother to spell check during forum flamewars. you really dont understand english well enough to grasp what im saying so whats the point anyhow...another dumb hunk of eurotrash trying to smart off to a whole country just because he feels inferior. grow up puppy.

dewan2000
  • dewan2000

Hustler

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Is this a fix for 360 as well? Havnt got on yet today and i am hoping they fix multiplayer. I usually join games along with a friend and we NEVER get in a game with more than 4 people. ANd if we do try to join a near full game i get booted from game session. This also happens when i am alone, alot of the time i get booted from game session if it is near full. I checked xboxlive.com and i have a supported router and i DO have a open NAT. Hope they fix this problem soon.

SpeedyT
  • SpeedyT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

Must be a big f*cking bridge here to fit all the trolls under it.

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:55 PM

Yep, the patch worked perfectly. It loaded my gasme right up while I was signed in. Oh wootness. X] yeah I had no issues, some skips in some sections but nothing too big. It was a life saver. X3 I always expect the worst, but this time somthing actually worked for me for a change. Happy happy.

oanswat
  • oanswat

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:41 AM

QUOTE (Unknownhost @ May 7 2008, 22:31)
chillcore: i used the same statement twice to close with my opening argument. its a common writing technique, you'll learn that in school eventually. terribly sorry if my oh-so-poor grammar offended you. i generally dont bother to spell check during forum flamewars. you really dont understand english well enough to grasp what im saying so whats the point anyhow...another dumb hunk of eurotrash trying to smart off to a whole country just because he feels inferior. grow up puppy.

He's right though, I've found that most of us Americans ARE pretty stupid. Most Europeans are douchebags though. I think you two should kill each other. notify.gif

Tense
  • Tense

Mr Zucchini

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 18:05)
QUOTE (Unknownhost @ May 7 2008, 17:46)
oh look fellas...its one of those glorified wii owner guys..think they used to call them 360s?

cant remember, dont fool with outdated systems to much anymore.

enjoy your zombie skin though...oh wait...

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.
Tell us, how is Blu-Ray working out for you? Because as far as I know, there are currently no good games that even touch on its potential. This is because, even though, apparently, your system is oh so high-and-mighty, developers are still wanting to develop for the 360.. Wonder why they are coding for both and not just your amazing future console? Maybe 'cause, lets face it, the PS3 online is a pile of crap. As are alot of other features.

Oh and I will enjoy my zombie skin, only level 10 players get it on 360. Shows a true sign of skill in the game, whereas for the PS3 they knew that most who play it are mindless artards, and so they give it to anyone.

Enjoy your game having nothing to distinguish between who has skill or not.

P.S: Nice grammar.

By the way, I would just like to point out that I used to own both consoles, so am not just a 360 fanboy who has not tried the PS3.

I think if you feel the need to so passionately defend your console, then you are a fanboy, regardless of whether or not you actually do own both consoles.

On topic: Hooray for update!

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:27 AM Edited by ChillcoRE, 08 May 2008 - 07:29 AM.

QUOTE (Unknownhost @ May 7 2008, 22:31)
chillcore: i used the same statement twice to close with my opening argument. its a common writing technique, you'll learn that in school eventually.  terribly sorry if my oh-so-poor grammar offended you. i generally dont bother to spell check during forum flamewars.  you really dont understand english well enough to grasp what im saying so whats the point anyhow...another dumb hunk of eurotrash trying to smart off to a whole country just because he feels inferior.  grow up puppy.

Nah, I just think cocky Americans, who talk about schooling yet can't even spell properly, should maybe just leave.
And I ain't smarting off to the whole country, like I said I like quite a few Americans, just hate the cocky ones who believe their country is oh-so much better than every else.

On-topic: Did this patch actually fix anything for anyone, some people still complaining about it, seems whatsthat.gif

LogicShot
  • LogicShot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:50 AM

QUOTE (safcftm33 @ May 7 2008, 17:35)
QUOTE (GTALCZEN @ May 7 2008, 17:27)
QUOTE (safcftm33 @ May 7 2008, 17:19)
didnt fix multiplayer im afraid i still get cant connect to game provider.

That's not a problem with the game but with your router/modem. Do you happen to use a speedtouch modem?

I use BT Broadband homehub and i just left it for 5 mins and now it works, but when i try to join a game i get unable to connect to one or more players after i have joined a lobby, what he f*ck is this sh*t!

Did you try to disable uPnP on PS3?

Carsten08
  • Carsten08

f*ck Bigfoot...

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (LogicShot @ May 8 2008, 08:50)

That's not a problem with the game but with your router/modem. Do you happen to use a speedtouch modem?

I use BT Broadband homehub and i just left it for 5 mins and now it works, but when i try to join a game i get unable to connect to one or more players after i have joined a lobby, what he f*ck is this sh*t!

Did you try to disable uPnP on PS3?

You need to enable it if your router supports it.

Shoop
  • Shoop

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:59 AM

Haha! You know you guys are making the same unimportant mistakes that you're pointing out in other posts? e.g. Grammar. It really isn't an important discussion, and certainly isn't relevant to the topic. If you feel you must continue with this debate it would be very kind of you to do so using the PM system.

It seems it's fixed the problems for some. Is there anyone who couldn't get GTA IV working at all and now can?

SplinterCell
  • SplinterCell

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

QUOTE (Neolistic @ May 7 2008, 14:42)
Haha the irony of the ps3 user base. Now back to no crashes, and lagless online, sweeties!!

Online lag comes from connection issues. It has nothing to do with the consoles themselves.

explicitmo
  • explicitmo

insane crazy, driving ms. daisy

• D1RTY12

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:15 AM Edited by explicitmo, 08 May 2008 - 11:18 AM.

QUOTE (MyDirtySecretary @ May 7 2008, 18:25)
As for the topic at hand, I think it might have fixed the rank reset problem? Anyone confirm/deny?

First of all, that bitching and snitching in online-forums is just too funny... you two sound like two 16 year old girls that just found out how mad they can be when their pussy starts bleeding... can't you see that no one cares about ur conflict and it is just straight up annoying?!?

Back to topic, to the quote you see above to be exact:
I never had any problems with going online or not beeing able to play offline if the console is still online, BUT the game never saved my stats in multiplayer although I was at higher levels and I even saved in singleplayer after quitting my online game.
So, is this sorted out now? Anyone?? Thx in advance...

makiaveli777
  • makiaveli777

Keep ya head up

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (GTALCZEN @ May 7 2008, 17:39)

I had exactly the same problem until i manually opened the proper TCP/UDP ports on my router. I'm using xbox360 btw.

i have the same problem. but ow do you know which ports to open and how do you do it?

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

I patched last night and it did NOT solve anything. The freezing still happens after 20 seconds of doing anything at all in game. Please release a firmware upgrade!!!!

PS3 60 GB Release Model.

cps82
  • cps82

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

PS3 GTA IV Update Data 1.01 Released
Posted by Justin at 04:57. Category: General
A patch has been released for PlayStation 3 users of Grand Theft Auto IV. You will be prompted to download the update the next time you load GTA IV whilst being signed into the PlayStation Network. While download and installation is required to continue playing the game; totaling 18 MB, it shouldn't keep you away for too long.

As for content, the patch addresses certain online issues related to GameSpy's servers being overloaded. Not surprising, considering the sheer number of those playing the game.

Rockstar Games has released a GTA IV patch for Playstation 3 today that prevents GameSpy’s servers from being overloaded and therefore reduces the impact on those servers that were causing the game to stutter and lock up. We continue to monitor the performance of the game both on and offline and will provide further updates as necessary. We want to assure everyone that, together with our hardware partners, we continue to strive to give our fans the best possible interactive entertainment experiences possible. This update will ensure that everyone will experience Grand Theft Auto IV the way it was intended. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.
Results so far appear to be mixed, if discussion on our forums is anything to go by.

Just to clarify icon14.gif

So it's only for online then icon13.gif

screrkio
  • screrkio

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:41 AM

downloaded the update this morning but still cant get acess to games online, not a problem with my network as im a BT network technician lol so i think iv got the right set up, all my other games for ps3 ad xbox work online aswel.

to be honest im pretty gutted, i own both 360 and ps3 and prefer my ps3 so when i heard that gta was getting slightly better reviews for the ps3 in terms of graphical issues and pop ups etc i thought great il definately get it on that.

the ppl who review these games obviously dont play test them fully, they should ov waited until they had been tested fully before making statements over the ps3/360 version. my game freezes all the time and i have no multiplayer, i have 2 friends with exactly the same problem and its pathetic that the reviewers did not even notice this problem.

The ps3 version of GTA was obviously not ready for release and I cant understand why ps3 fanboys r disputing this. I love my ps3 but i am not a fanboy and i refuse to ignore the facts.

they have released a PATCH 9 days after the game was released, now if that isnt an admission of a problem with the game then what is

I wish ps3 fanboys would get over it and accept that the 360 version has no patch and the ps3 version does therefore ps3 version inferior! u r giving all ps3 owners (like me) a bad name by being so pathetic and ignorant

sorry for the rant but we need to accept as ps3 owners that we have been fooled, simple fact is thaqt as there is no patch for 360 = better game less problems, I intend to go out and purchase the 360 version later today, i really didnt want to do this as I much prefer my ps3.

any thoughts?

StinkyPete
  • StinkyPete

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

HAH! And they said the PS3 wouldn't get downloadable stuff...

-nikobellic-
  • -nikobellic-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:10 PM

well, as a ps3 gamer i have no problems with the game. But I heard that the 60GB and 20GB PS3's were faulty like the first wave of 360's. Not that bad but some of them had problems.

montyuk106
  • montyuk106

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Rockyfella.....why the hell did you go to all the effort of recording and posting on youtube a video of gta patching itself.....i mean who the f*ck would be interested in watching that??

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (screrkio @ May 8 2008, 07:41)
downloaded the update this morning but still cant get acess to games online, not a problem with my network as im a BT network technician lol so i think iv got the right set up, all my other games for ps3 ad xbox work online aswel.

to be honest im pretty gutted, i own both 360 and ps3 and prefer my ps3 so when i heard that gta was getting slightly better reviews for the ps3 in terms of graphical issues and pop ups etc i thought great il definately get it on that.

the ppl who review these games obviously dont play test them fully, they should ov waited until they had been tested fully before making statements over the ps3/360 version. my game freezes all the time and i have no multiplayer, i have 2 friends with exactly the same problem and its pathetic that the reviewers did not even notice this problem.

The ps3 version of GTA was obviously not ready for release and I cant understand why ps3 fanboys r disputing this. I love my ps3 but i am not a fanboy and i refuse to ignore the facts.

they have released a PATCH 9 days after the game was released, now if that isnt an admission of a problem with the game then what is

I wish ps3 fanboys would get over it and accept that the 360 version has no patch and the ps3 version does therefore ps3 version inferior! u r giving all ps3 owners (like me) a bad name by being so pathetic and ignorant

sorry for the rant but we need to accept as ps3 owners that we have been fooled, simple fact is thaqt as there is no patch for 360 = better game less problems, I intend to go out and purchase the 360 version later today, i really didnt want to do this as I much prefer my ps3.

any thoughts?

They released a patch 9 days after because of internet connection problems people are having (which is also causing the crashes and freezing), nothing more. It does not mean the PS3 is inferior as you state. And just because one requires a patch for a few people, mine did not need a patch at all, does not make the game inferior for PS3 owners. You will really be eating those words when a patch is released to cure the errors that Xbox people are experiencing as well.

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:21 PM

I've only had problems with my online a few times. Mostly just "starting game" sceens being up forever, but it seems to have corrected itself over the course of the week and a half I've had it.

RevFirst
  • RevFirst

Making your face the greatest in Koridai

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

Yeah, I had mine working before the patch and downloading it made the it much quicker to get other players.

QUOTE (Neolistic)
Haha the irony of the ps3 user base. Now back to no crashes, and lagless online, sweeties!!

Haha the irony of the 360 user base. Now back to no system faliure, and free online, sweeties!! (Uh, acting like a fanboy feels so dirty. barf8bd.gif Never again. )

Raven_Nytez
  • Raven_Nytez

Mr. Purple

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

QUOTE (RevFirst @ May 8 2008, 20:31)
Yeah, I had mine working before the patch and downloading it made the it much quicker to get other players.

QUOTE (Neolistic)

Haha the irony of the 360 user base. Now back to no system faliure, and free online, sweeties!! (Uh, acting like a fanboy feels so dirty. barf8bd.gif Never again. )

And let's not forget the the rising of Blu-Ray. Although I heard (through word of mouth, so, probably about as reliable as.. Something that's not really that reliable..) that they were thinking about releasing a 360 with a Blu-Ray player? *shrugs*

Wow.. You're right, I feel so dirty.. I'm useless at this fanboy lark anyway, I've got no real hate for any of the consoles! lol

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 14:05)
oh look fellas...its one of those glorified wii owner guys..think they used to call them 360s?

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.
Tell us, how is Blu-Ray working out for you? Because as far as I know, there are currently no good games that even touch on its potential. This is because, even though, apparently, your system is oh so high-and-mighty, developers are still wanting to develop for the 360.. Wonder why they are coding for both and not just your amazing future console? Maybe 'cause, lets face it, the PS3 online is a pile of crap. As are alot of other features.

Oh and I will enjoy my zombie skin, only level 10 players get it on 360. Shows a true sign of skill in the game, whereas for the PS3 they knew that most who play it are mindless artards, and so they give it to anyone.

By the way, I would just like to point out that I used to own both consoles, so am not just a 360 fanboy who has not tried the PS3.

And you called him a fanboy?
You're horrible. Seriously, stop bashing people on the Internet and go play your 360.
Both consoles have their pros and cons, ok? No one wants to hear your stupid rants, so leave people to have their own opinions, all right?

By the way, just because we have the zombie skin right from the beginning doesn't make us unskilled. I could so whoop your ass on multiplayer. cool.gif

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (.Up&Coming. @ May 8 2008, 21:01)
QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 14:05)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

And you called him a fanboy?
You're horrible. Seriously, stop bashing people on the Internet and go play your 360.
Both consoles have their pros and cons, ok? No one wants to hear your stupid rants, so leave people to have their own opinions, all right?

By the way, just because we have the zombie skin right from the beginning doesn't make us unskilled. I could so whoop your ass on multiplayer. cool.gif

I highly doubt that.

theAudiologist
  • theAudiologist

-LCC-

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

Well I've got the update, its installed and multiplayer still doesn't work...

No, it isn't my router/network or any other settings you can think of.

"Connection to one or more players has been lost..." f*ck off.

What a waste of 18MB of disk space...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users