Photo

Update V1.01?

82 replies to this topic
mr.banana
  • mr.banana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

For the ps3? Just went on the game and it says this update is available. What is it exactly?

FlotsamX
  • FlotsamX

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

It's a patch for people who couldn't get GTA IV to run properly, I presume.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:50 PM

My game runs fine, do I HAVE to download it?

mr.banana
  • mr.banana

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

Mine works fine too, but I'm downloading...

Can't do any harm, right? It's there to help I guess. And it's dooone.

gooner_lover4
  • gooner_lover4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 04:52 PM

i just dl it, took bout 2 mins

but to be honest at the moment i cant see much different, it probably just sorted out the freezing problem

Okuplok
  • Okuplok

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:14 PM Edited by Rockyfella, 18 May 2008 - 08:24 AM.

I'm so glad it's out, hopefully it shouldn't freeze now. biggrin.gif

Hayze
  • Hayze

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

I think it's also supposed to lessen loading times in multi-player.

J-sic
  • J-sic

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

My friend downloaded it, crashed his system just a min ago

safcftm33
  • safcftm33

"Perhaps here, things will be different..."

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

didnt fix multiplayer im afraid i still get cant connect to game provider.

J-sic
  • J-sic

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

UPDATE: Its all good now, he restarted his PS3 ad he can finally get online now. icon14.gif

GTALCZEN
  • GTALCZEN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (safcftm33 @ May 7 2008, 17:19)

That's not a problem with the game but with your router/modem. Do you happen to use a speedtouch modem?

GTA Life
  • GTA Life

PSN: Ritsuka99

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

Will this help the game not lock up? I mean, not the movie scenes or Multiplayer just the game its self. Because everytime I'm signed onto my Ps3 and attempt to play the game it wont load my game no matter what. So, if I do the patch will I be able to load my game? I don't think I want to patch it if it wont allow that. I will see later. I can't really trust what you guys say, don't get me wrong you guys helped when my game wouldnt load so I have been playing offline for quite some time. So, I'm assuming this will help that.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (J-sic @ May 7 2008, 18:21)
UPDATE: Its all good now, he restarted his PS3 ad he can finally get online now. icon14.gif

Tell your freind noone cares.

safcftm33
  • safcftm33

"Perhaps here, things will be different..."

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (GTALCZEN @ May 7 2008, 17:27)

That's not a problem with the game but with your router/modem. Do you happen to use a speedtouch modem?

I use BT Broadband homehub and i just left it for 5 mins and now it works, but when i try to join a game i get unable to connect to one or more players after i have joined a lobby, what he f*ck is this sh*t!

illformed
  • illformed

Regulator

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:35 PM

It's too bad the patch didn't remove that goddamn sixaxis tutorial from the phone menu in the PS3 version! The amount of times I've accidentally hit that thing while going to turn off the phone... grr.

GTALCZEN
  • GTALCZEN

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (safcftm33 @ May 7 2008, 17:35)
QUOTE (GTALCZEN @ May 7 2008, 17:27)

I use BT Broadband homehub and i just left it for 5 mins and now it works, but when i try to join a game i get unable to connect to one or more players after i have joined a lobby, what he f*ck is this sh*t!

I had exactly the same problem until i manually opened the proper TCP/UDP ports on my router. I'm using xbox360 btw.

Neolistic
  • Neolistic

Trick

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:42 PM Edited by Neolistic, 07 May 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Haha the irony of the ps3 user base. Now back to no crashes, and lagless online, sweeties!!

Unknownhost
  • Unknownhost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:46 PM

oh look fellas...its one of those glorified wii owner guys..think they used to call them 360s?

cant remember, dont fool with outdated systems to much anymore.

enjoy your zombie skin though...oh wait...

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:05 PM Edited by ChillcoRE, 07 May 2008 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (Unknownhost @ May 7 2008, 17:46)
oh look fellas...its one of those glorified wii owner guys..think they used to call them 360s?

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.
Tell us, how is Blu-Ray working out for you? Because as far as I know, there are currently no good games that even touch on its potential. This is because, even though, apparently, your system is oh so high-and-mighty, developers are still wanting to develop for the 360.. Wonder why they are coding for both and not just your amazing future console? Maybe 'cause, lets face it, the PS3 online is a pile of crap. As are alot of other features.

Oh and I will enjoy my zombie skin, only level 10 players get it on 360. Shows a true sign of skill in the game, whereas for the PS3 they knew that most who play it are mindless artards, and so they give it to anyone.

Enjoy your game having nothing to distinguish between who has skill or not.

P.S: Nice grammar.

By the way, I would just like to point out that I used to own both consoles, so am not just a 360 fanboy who has not tried the PS3.

Billy Shears
  • Billy Shears

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

I know what it doesn't fix, and that's my multiplayer problem.

adyady
  • adyady

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Billy Shears @ May 7 2008, 18:10)
I know what it doesn't fix, and that's my multiplayer problem.

yup

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 19:05)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.
Tell us, how is Blu-Ray working out for you? Because as far as I know, there are currently no good games that even touch on its potential. This is because, even though, apparently, your system is oh so high-and-mighty, developers are still wanting to develop for the 360.. Wonder why they are coding for both and not just your amazing future console? Maybe 'cause, lets face it, the PS3 online is a pile of crap. As are alot of other features.

Oh and I will enjoy my zombie skin, only level 10 players get it on 360. Shows a true sign of skill in the game, whereas for the PS3 they knew that most who play it are mindless artards, and so they give it to anyone.

By the way, I would just like to point out that I used to own both consoles, so am not just a 360 fanboy who has not tried the PS3.

Oh look at you. Making silly comparisons that don't stand up. I could argue each and everypoint you made, if I could be bothered, but this isn't the time or place. Grow up, and stay on topic.

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:23 PM

QUOTE (nealmac @ May 7 2008, 18:19)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

Oh look at you. Making silly comparisons that don't stand up. I could argue each and everypoint you made, if I could be bothered, but this isn't the time or place. Grow up, and stay on topic.

And I could most likely argue all of yours.
But kindly point out which of my "comparisons" (Although I did not make any actual comparisons" do not stand up.

MyDirtySecretary
  • MyDirtySecretary

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 18:23)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

But kindly point out which of my "comparisons" (Although I did not make any actual comparisons" do not stand up.

I could also argue yours. But instead I'll just report your post for being:

a) off-topic

b) abusive

c) a troll

As for the topic at hand, I think it might have fixed the rank reset problem? Anyone confirm/deny?

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (MyDirtySecretary @ May 7 2008, 18:25)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

a) off-topic

b) abusive

c) a troll

As for the topic at hand, I think it might have fixed the rank reset problem? Anyone confirm/deny?

Then I am also going to have to report the guy I first quoted, and the guy who replied to my quote. If we are gonna play it that way, of course.
Quite frankly I simply replied to a troll, and he should not be allowed to post that in ther first place, so how about you actually go to the source of the problem rather than trying on someone else.

Unknownhost
  • Unknownhost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 18:35)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

a) off-topic

b) abusive

c) a troll

Then I am also going to have to report the guy I first quoted, and the guy who replied to my quote. If we are gonna play it that way, of course.
Quite frankly I simply replied to a troll, and he should not be allowed to post that in ther first place, so how about you actually go to the source of the problem rather than trying on someone else.

"Quite frankly I simply replied to a troll, and he should not be allowed to post that in ther first place, so how about you actually go to the source of the problem rather than trying on someone else."

what a fool. you do realize i was replying to the troll post above mine to begin with right? probably not since you obviously havent got a clue even if you had a map, but its so funny how you little "wii60's" get in a uproar at the slightest provocation!

guess its like having a small weeny. you just cant handle the fact that some folks are just better than you.

i digress,

"so how about you actually go to the source of the problem rather than trying on someone else"

that would have been the post above mine. dumbass.

Outer Haven
  • Outer Haven

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!?!?!

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 14:05)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

You're an idiot. Developers develop for the 360 because it's easier and M$ mostly pays them to do so. I've been online and I've only seen people whom are level 10 and they're zombies. Never have I seen anyone lower who are zombies. What do you have to say to that? Which brings me back to my first statement; you're an idiot. Douche.

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:26 PM Edited by ChillcoRE, 07 May 2008 - 09:29 PM.

QUOTE (Unknownhost @ May 7 2008, 20:54)
QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 18:35)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

a) off-topic

b) abusive

c) a troll

"Quite frankly I simply replied to a troll, and he should not be allowed to post that in ther first place, so how about you actually go to the source of the problem rather than trying on someone else."

what a fool. you do realize i was replying to the troll post above mine to begin with right? probably not since you obviously havent got a clue even if you had a map, but its so funny how you little "wii60's" get in a uproar at the slightest provocation!

guess its like having a small weeny. you just cant handle the fact that some folks are just better than you.

i digress,

"so how about you actually go to the source of the problem rather than trying on someone else"

that would have been the post above mine. dumbass.

I'm a fool?
You're the one who quoted the same sentence twice. And has bad grammar, the map part of your sentence didn't make sense.

And it's so funny how you PS3 fanboys get all worked up when anyone badmouthes the console that you jerk off over.
Don't get me wrong, they're good machines. I own one. I just think that the fanboys over-do it a bit.

QUOTE (ChillcoRE @ May 7 2008, 14:05)

Oh, look a PS3 fanboy.

You're an idiot. Developers develop for the 360 because it's easier and M$ mostly pays them to do so. I've been online and I've only seen people whom are level 10 and they're zombies. Never have I seen anyone lower who are zombies. What do you have to say to that? Which brings me back to my first statement; you're an idiot. Douche.

I'm an idiot? I highly doubt that MS pays every dev who has ever released a game for Xbox. Possibly one of the stupidest statement I've heard.

Oh, and maybe if you read around a bit you'd realise that apparently you can become a zombie from pretty much any level on the PS3. There's no actual way to define somebody who has skill on the PS3.

Wow, without even looking at your flag I could tell you're a typical American.

So, *ahem* you're an idiot.

lol.gif

Note: I do not hate Americans, I hate the typical ones who are pretty much your average hill-billy who say douche every sentence and such.

SPACEMONKEYS!
  • SPACEMONKEYS!

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:38 PM

I thought this topic was about the update. Please shut the rape up.

After this update i still sometimes get the game does not exist error when somebody invites me and the game does stille exist.

Ah well only a minor flaw in the greatest damn game ever!

ChillcoRE
  • ChillcoRE

Whack On Crack

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 09:42 PM

QUOTE (SPACEMONKEYS! @ May 7 2008, 21:38)
I thought this topic was about the update. Please shut the rape up.

After this update i still sometimes get the game does not exist error when somebody invites me and the game does stille exist.

Ah well only a minor flaw in the greatest damn game ever!

Could be your router, if it doesn't have some ports open or something you can't connect to some games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users