Photo

Xbox 360 - Freexing

15 replies to this topic
Sir Chuck Norris
  • Sir Chuck Norris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:42 PM

I haven't tried yet, but anyone who has been in a similar position?

Xbox Arcade Version
BenQ Drive

I played the game for approx less than 24 hours all in... Due to the freezing, I thought if I purchased my HDD it should resolve it.

Has anyone fond this to be the case aswell?

stikkiba20
  • stikkiba20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:59 PM

same thing happened to me...then i tried the next day and i got the RRoD...I've had my xbox for over 2 years or so, and it has never froze up or had any problems...after 2 days with this travesty of a game my xbox no longer works at all...i want my freakin $64 back for this crap-fest of a game

Sir Chuck Norris
  • Sir Chuck Norris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (stikkiba20 @ May 7 2008, 14:59)
same thing happened to me...then i tried the next day and i got the RRoD...I've had my xbox for over 2 years or so, and it has never froze up or had any problems...after 2 days with this travesty of a game my xbox no longer works at all...i want my freakin $64 back for this crap-fest of a game

Your response is not related to my thread.... mercie_blink.gif

Sir Chuck Norris
  • Sir Chuck Norris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (Sir Chuck Norris @ May 7 2008, 13:42)

Xbox Arcade Version
BenQ Drive

I played the game for approx less than 24 hours all in... Due to the freezing, I thought if I purchased my HDD it should resolve it.

The game still froze...

Rockteur
  • Rockteur

The BIG one!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 01:41 AM

same thing Just happened to me last night! Looks like it is widespread!

MoonDawg
  • MoonDawg

DTA MoonDawg

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:48 AM

My GTAIV only froze twice on my Xbox. It only happened when I played MP. However, it was the first day I got it. After that, it worked perfectly fine. Also, if this may help, make sure your Xbox is in an open space, so it can operate well. Mine used to freeze all the time because it was enclosed. Now it works like fresh out of the box! Hope this helps a little.

Sir Chuck Norris
  • Sir Chuck Norris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

Wrote to them and this was the response!!!

Thanks for the email. Sorry to hear about your problems with Grand Theft Auto IV. A few people have reported problems on the Xbox360 version, these appear to be resolved by either clearing the cache, or cleaning the disc itself. If you are still experiencing issues with the Xbox360 version, we urge you to contact out technical support staff:

For US Support
Phone: 1-866-405-5464
Email: [email protected]

For Canadian Support
Phone: 1-800-269-5721

For UK Support
Phone: 08701 200060

We are extremely sorry to hear about any of our fans experiencing problems, and want to assure everyone that we and our partners are working around the clock to resolve any issues. We want every single personís experience of Grand Theft Auto IV to be outstanding. Any further support updates will be posted at www.rockstargames.com/support as soon as they are available.

Hope this helps,

Rockstar Games

Sir Chuck Norris
  • Sir Chuck Norris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Anyone got their GTA IV working for the 360 yet?

Mines was shipped off to MS the other day, hopefully, when it comes back it should be ok.

thesm
  • thesm

Trick

• Members

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

Its not a crap fest or a travesty, you cannot say that it is because you have not even played it yet, its your xbox 360's problems, not your games..

Rusty12
  • Rusty12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:10 AM

my problem isn't as bad as many others out there. whenever I call Roman, or he calls me, the conversation will be silent for presicly four seconds, and I will either get an unreadable disk message, black screen, or complete freeze. this has happened on 2 or 3 different disks on a console that runs all other games PERFECTLY. suicidal.gif can anybody help me?

Sir Chuck Norris
  • Sir Chuck Norris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!

I recieved my xbox back from M$, must admit they got it back to me within 8 Days.

I fried my motherboard hence why it played up.

Replaced it under warranty!

Now play GTA4 with no problems!

icon14.gif up to M$ - Good Work

LAUGH_INSURANCE
  • LAUGH_INSURANCE

Mack Pimp

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (Sir Chuck Norris @ May 7 2008, 18:30)
QUOTE (Sir Chuck Norris @ May 7 2008, 13:42)

Xbox Arcade Version
BenQ Drive

The game still froze...

Have you used any cheats? They can cause freezing. I had my PS2 freezing a lot when I played GTA: SA because I used too many cheats at times.

BankaTank
  • BankaTank

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

The 360 can't handle the game as well as other games. It's too big to handle for the 360 so it's just on the edge of exploding sarcasm.gif Nah, but it's a huge game and the 360 can't handle it all the time. That's why this never happend to ps3, because ps3 is "one step better" then 360. I have 360 myself but i don't regret anything about it. The 360 controls are better (my opinion), and has better games then ps3. Like HALO biggrin.gif

Also see MoonDawg's reply.

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

WHAT!?

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:32 AM

The PS3 freezes too.

My Xbox is f*cked on GTAIV. I cant even finish the game. MS is supposed to be taking a look at my Xbox sometime soon.

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (thesm @ May 17 2008, 22:24)

Its not a crap fest or a travesty, you cannot say that it is because you have not even played it yet, its your xbox 360's problems, not your games..

Yes it is a crap fest and a travesty, it may be a good game in concept but it doesn't freakin work, how would you like it if you payed £50 for a game and it didn't work but held onto it for ages hoping a patch would come out then nothing, it may be only 10% of people experiencing this but the game is supposed to have sold over 20 million so 10% of that is 200,000 and thats just in the UK. that is a lot of dissapointed people.

davoelol
  • davoelol

"Why so serious?"

• Members

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:58 AM Edited by davoelol, 14 August 2008 - 08:59 AM.

ive been playing GTA IV for a couple of months now and it hadnt frozen... until yesterday

it suddenly froze and strange static entered the screen during multiplayer. My 360 also froze. Then I took the disc out, turned the 360 on and put the game in, it froze after about 5 minutes. IT DIDNT WORK!!!

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT!!!!
AND WHEN IS THE PATCH COMING OUT?
ive finished the story and want it fixed b4 the DLC!
dammit angry.gif
plz reply to me when u know

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users