Photo

GTA4 or Halo 3?

22 replies to this topic
SPMovies
  • SPMovies

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

Which game did better overrall? Which had more sold ? More preordered? more cash made? Would love to see how much GTA4 owned Halo 3

Kreepman
  • Kreepman

LOLOL?

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:12 AM

this is going to be so biased.

djgiza808
  • djgiza808

Welcome to the Player Haters Ball

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:15 AM

I don't think we'll know until next month at the least.

necro2607
  • necro2607

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (SPMovies @ May 6 2008, 01:07)
Would love to see how much GTA4 owned Halo 3

Thing is man, a lot of factors at play, especially like Halo 3 being 360-only, and stuff. I wonder if there'll be data released that narrows sales $$ etc. down by platform, so we can compare that way, even though that STILL isn't accurate, because maybe some people have both 360 and PS3 and grabbed the PS3 just for whatever reason. OR, maybe people specifically bought one console or the other, just for this game, under the advice of a friend saying "omg it's better on [one or the other]"... sh*t like that.... blah, whatever...

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:23 AM

I started a thread below on that with a online article, but added this. I think Billboard magazine should track the sales of new video games as well now.

http://www.cnn.com/2...auto/index.html

Cubanwhip
  • Cubanwhip

We're always holding the door open for someone.

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:25 AM

Actually, this question has split my group of friends. I'm up against three main 'friends' (Enemies when talking about Halo 3/GTA 4), with just me and my best friend. These are some of the arguments we have about the subject. Not exact arguments, so I'll present them in "AIM" form to make it an easy read:

Halo 3 Supporters
Th3Prof3ss3r
Stalker
Kobedom

GTA 4 Supporters
Cubanwhip
SirHopAlot

Concerning Difficulty (Online)
Cubanwhip: Seriously, you think that Halo is more difficult than GTA?
Th3Prof3ss3r: Seriously, GTA is f*cking easy.
Cubanwhip: How the f*ck is it easy?
Th3Prof3ss3r: You have that gay auto-aim.
Cubanwhip: You can take that sh*t off and it'll be like Halo. Free-aim. Also, you've got these f*cking idiots who can't shoot a gun, so they run around getting in cars and running everyone over cause they just can't play. Also you have the team that just camps around cars and rockets just to ensure their victory.
Stalker: Just admit that GTA 4 isn't as hard as Halo.
Cubanwhip: f*ck you, Halo is easy compared to GTA.
Th3Prof3ss3r: *Laughs* You're such an idiot. There is no way that GTA is harder than Halo.
Cubanwhip: If you're so damn confident that Halo is harder, give me an example like I gave you.
Th3Prof3ss3r: Well, if one team is full of MLG Pros-
Cubanwhip: I said difficulty, not f*cking skill.
Stalker: Shut up Roberto, you don't know anything. If GTA is so much harder, why isn't it MLG yet idiot.

Concerning Skill Level
Cubanwhip: Also, about skills, it takes so much more with GTA.
Kobedom: Wow, you're an idiot. It takes so much more skill on Halo. It takes way more hand eye coordination.
SirHopAlot: Dom, shut the f*ck up. It takes the same amount, maybe even more on GTA. All you do in Halo is fire your gun, chuck grenades and hope for the best. Especially with the sword and Rocket.
Kobedom: Shut up Jon, you just can't deal with that fact that I'm so much better than-
Cubanwhip: f*ck up Dom.

I may add more as the debates rage and more people join,

Baltimorean
  • Baltimorean

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:26 AM Edited by Oranchov, 06 May 2008 - 01:30 AM.

Halo: Sucks ass.

Always has.
Currently does.
Always will.

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

Well this is a hard one for me, even though I don't have an Xbox, I have played all the Halos. Obviously 2 was a huge let down, in terms of the story, but 3 was well laid out. I also really enjoy co-op missions. Now with that said, I have always loved how brutal you can be to humans in the GTA series, it borders on a sick fantasy of killing, drugs and stealing cars. I'll have to say Halo 3 when it came out, but GTA now obviously, if they released at the say time, hard to choose, maybe Halo, but only because you can co-op the game which makes it more interactive (have a friend to joke/talk to) while even though my friends and I have enjoyed GTA together, it's still only a 1 player game.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:29 AM

I'd been wondering too, is Halo rated for Mature demographics? I think there's another factor to consider in the figuring of overall sales.

Knight_Yellow
  • Knight_Yellow

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:53 AM

Its easy...

In one game you are a fantastical magical super soldier that has as much personality as a piece of bread.

In the other game you are an imigrant who is quite willing to kill and maim anybody who gets in his way.

Halo is a childish fantasy game that has a plot straight out of a 80's feel good cartoon like Bukky o'hare.

Wilddtd
  • Wilddtd

Dom

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (Knight_Yellow @ May 5 2008, 21:53)
Its easy...

In one game you are a fantastical magical super soldier that has as much personality as a piece of bread.

In the other game you are an imigrant who is quite willing to kill and maim anybody who gets in his way.

Halo is a childish fantasy game that has a plot straight out of a 80's feel good cartoon like Bukky o'hare.

Haha, personally I enjoyed Dinosaucers more lol.

darkgunner93
  • darkgunner93

The New Guy

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:58 AM

QUOTE (Knight_Yellow @ May 6 2008, 01:53)
Its easy...

You've probably never played a Halo game in your life.

Anyways, they're both great games so GTFO fanboy

detroitcity
  • detroitcity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (necro2607 @ May 6 2008, 01:20)
QUOTE (SPMovies @ May 6 2008, 01:07)
Would love to see how much GTA4 owned Halo 3

Thing is man, a lot of factors at play, especially like Halo 3 being 360-only, and stuff. I wonder if there'll be data released that narrows sales $$ etc. down by platform, so we can compare that way, even though that STILL isn't accurate, because maybe some people have both 360 and PS3 and grabbed the PS3 just for whatever reason. OR, maybe people specifically bought one console or the other, just for this game, under the advice of a friend saying "omg it's better on [one or the other]"... sh*t like that.... blah, whatever...

It has already out sold Halo 3.

StanMarsh
  • StanMarsh

For the Holy Marsh!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (darkgunner93 @ May 6 2008, 01:58)
QUOTE (Knight_Yellow @ May 6 2008, 01:53)
Its easy...

You've probably never played a Halo game in your life.

Anyways, they're both great games so GTFO fanboy

cookie.gif cookie.gif

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:02 AM

GTA IV recently took the record of largest entertainment launch in history. So yeah, it won.

RedMan101
  • RedMan101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:04 AM

Thats kinda hard since i think halo sucks and gta 4 rocks soooooo, oh i just can't decide suicidal.gif

JordanMillward_1
  • JordanMillward_1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

I love both Halo 3 and GTA 4, but they're two completely different games, so there's no point in trying to compare them.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

USA figures escape me, you know those yet??

As for the PS3, it did set the best record sales over 200.000, a new high for PS3 units. As I recall.

REDBEES
  • REDBEES

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:17 AM

Halo 3? is that the game where they took halo 2 and charged 60 bucks for it again?

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:20 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 06 May 2008 - 02:31 AM.

I don't like Halo. Never been into fantasy futuristic bullsh*t.

GTA IV FTW. icon14.gif

nicka912
  • nicka912

GTAF Stoners

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (JordanMillward_1 @ May 6 2008, 02:09)
I love both Halo 3 and GTA 4, but they're two completely different games, so there's no point in trying to compare them.

You said what I was giong to say.

You can compare sales and preorders, but in the end they're two entirely different genres with pretty different fan bases

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

The point is really comparing the sales as Halo 3 has the record and in some instances, the press says GTA 4 pulled out a lead.

As someone who is also not into Sci-Fi or Phantasy type games, I am curious, doesn Halo get boring doing more of the same? Seems there's only a few things to see and do in the game.

StanMarsh
  • StanMarsh

For the Holy Marsh!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ May 6 2008, 17:57)
The point is really comparing the sales as Halo 3 has the record and in some instances, the press says GTA 4 pulled out a lead.

As someone who is also not into Sci-Fi or Phantasy type games, I am curious, doesn Halo get boring doing more of the same? Seems there's only a few things to see and do in the game.

It gets about as boring as any FPS does besides COD4, really. If you enjoy it, you'll enjoy it at all times but it won't convert anyone at anytimre.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users