Photo

GTA IV: Vice City

243 replies to this topic
Zachstar
  • Zachstar

Fusi0n Rul3s!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:45 AM

I suspect that they will keep the GTA IV: part to the name.

Tho because multiplayer has so much potential to it I suspect it will be a name that "attracts" that player type.

Rasclat
  • Rasclat

Was tha matta pussyclot

• Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 11:01 AM

I seriously hope they don't do this.

I love Vice, but if it is in Vice again, then I'm done with GTA.

I doubt they will though as they only re-did Liberty (for the hundredth time) because they said they felt they hadn't nailed the NY atmosphere like they had for Miami and L.A. Houser said that Vice and SA succeeded in being definitive versions of their real world counterparts, whereas Liberty from III didn't quite pull it off. That's why GTA IV was in Liberty again. smile.gif

Rockstar know it's now time for a new direction.

Moscow, London, Central/South America - any of those are far preferable to another rehash.

Zachstar
  • Zachstar

Fusi0n Rul3s!

• Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:44 PM Edited by Zachstar, 25 July 2008 - 04:51 PM.

I didn't even bother reading past the part where you whined that if it is vice you are done.

You were all saying it was going to be london for GTAIV and guess what it wasn't! And guess what? GTA IV sold well.

Location really has Jack crap to do with it anyway. They could set it in a backwater town in the middle of nowhere and it still be the best GTA ever.

Can we keep the "Vice City 3.0 Sux0rs" out please?

Rasclat
  • Rasclat

Was tha matta pussyclot

• Members

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Zachstar @ Jul 25 2008, 16:44)
I didn't even bother reading past the part where you whined that if it is vice you are done.

You were all saying it was going to be london for GTAIV and guess what it wasn't! And guess what? GTA IV sold well.

Location really has Jack crap to do with it anyway. They could set it in a backwater town in the middle of nowhere and it still be the best GTA ever.

Can we keep the "Vice City 3.0 Sux0rs" out please?

I wasn't and I didn't say it was going to be anywhere, I was merely offering my opinions, which are as valid as anyone else's. You're the one who is whining - get over yourself.

Claudespy
  • Claudespy

Claude runs the world!

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

Grand Theft Auto Vice (get it roman numeral 5 and vice).

DX2069
  • DX2069

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (Paigey @ Jul 20 2008, 14:37)
I never thought about this before, I loved Vice City, and I don't care how good it looks if they ever do it, without Tommy I don't think it'll ever live up to the reputation of the original. I'd like to think Rockstar have an imagination, sure they won't go back and re-do Vice City, people will eventually become numb to it, it'll be different, but not totally different as to warrent a huge hype.

Just my 2 cents.

you mean like IV did? it was all hype and didnt live up to what we all thought it would be? i dont know but i think if they re-did VC then i think it would be better

Scifen
  • Scifen

✞☐Δ

• The Connection

Posted 27 July 2008 - 06:59 AM

Was an amazing game, loved the city and the entire 80's retro atmosphere. It would be interesting if they did do a remake.
But I wouldnt count on seeing a comeback.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:14 AM

GTA: Vice. biggrin.gif

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:19 AM

I just want to know why they even made a GTA: Next forum? I mean when actual new idea threds pop up that have actual good ideas for the next GTA that haven't been talked about 1 million times they usually get ignored. Yet the same damn threads we've been getting since GTA IV came out that have been on the GTA IV forum are the only ones that usually get attention.

I mean there were more threads about the next GTA popping up in the GTA IV forum then there is in the GTA: Next forum.

fishing4monkeys
  • fishing4monkeys

Soldier

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:48 AM

Why would they go back to Vice City? confused.gif I doubt they will.

Aman27deep
  • Aman27deep

gta4 on pc, believe it!

• Members

Posted 27 July 2008 - 11:04 AM

I would love to see GTA in India, like GTA : New Delhi or GTA : Calcutta, as most people are abusive over here, and more on it, they need to move on, South Asia is the place to go

SuperVeloce
  • SuperVeloce

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 03:12 PM

GTA: Imaim

XD

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:14 PM

I seriously think it should STAY in America! Grand Theft Auto makes sense since America is very corrupt... yes? No one say Canada! They have smart people!

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Jul 28 2008, 22:14)
I seriously think it should STAY in America! Grand Theft Auto makes sense since America is very corrupt... yes? No one say Canada! They have smart people!

Are you serioous? Yes while America is very corupt especially alot of the major cities, politicians etc. America is like childs play in corruption when it comes to Mexico, basicly anywhere in South America, South Africa and places in Africa like the Congo, alot of places in Asia, Russia and numerous other places in Europe.

GTA in another country would work fine.

GTA_dog
  • GTA_dog

dank memes melt steel beams

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (Sergi @ Jul 28 2008, 16:19)

Are you serioous? Yes while America is very corupt especially alot of the major cities, politicians etc. America is like childs play in corruption when it comes to Mexico, basicly anywhere in South America, South Africa and places in Africa like the Congo, alot of places in Asia, Russia and numerous other places in Europe.

It wouldn't make sense if it took place somewhere else. We would HAVE to read subtitles if we didn't understand the languages, the culture wouldn't be the same (driving... would be pretty screwed up), we would have to have the location in a fictional city too.

Sergi
  • Sergi

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (GTA_dog @ Jul 28 2008, 23:13)
QUOTE (Sergi @ Jul 28 2008, 16:19)

It wouldn't make sense if it took place somewhere else. We would HAVE to read subtitles if we didn't understand the languages, the culture wouldn't be the same (driving... would be pretty screwed up), we would have to have the location in a fictional city too.

I just have to know where you get your info or views from? The comedy club or the school for mis informed people lol?

All jokes aside if you've never ventured outside of the US and base your opinions of tv, movies and video games then you really have no merit. I've been to Mexico once and it's just like America but it's not America. All major global cities are on par if not better or more advanced then some of the major US cities.

Yes the culture is different but R* could exploit those contries culture just like they did American culture. Also in case you didn't know English along with Spanish are two of the most spoken languages in the world so substitles would not be nesecary.

Zachstar
  • Zachstar

Fusi0n Rul3s!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (fishing4monkeys @ Jul 27 2008, 10:48)
Why would they go back to Vice City? confused.gif I doubt they will.

Because that is where they can make a good deal of profit from right now?

Lets see

Good detail without having to deal with a crapload of open space? Check..

People love VC and VCS? Check...

Plenty of story to continue from? Check...

Etc...

Zachstar
  • Zachstar

Fusi0n Rul3s!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Aman27deep @ Jul 27 2008, 11:04)
I would love to see GTA in India, like GTA : New Delhi or GTA : Calcutta, as most people are abusive over here, and more on it, they need to move on, South Asia is the place to go

Um why are you posting it in this topic?

There is a location topic... Or you can start your own.

Gadzooks
  • Gadzooks

bang

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

Lol you guys realize there won't be a new GTA for like 4 or 5 years. Probably longer. I'm talking about big GTA, like Vice or IV. Not talking about stories, or chinatown wars or whatever

Southside Dukes Ballas
  • Southside Dukes Ballas

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Gadzooks @ Jul 29 2008, 04:07)
Lol you guys realize there won't be a new GTA for like 4 or 5 years. Probably longer. I'm talking about big GTA, like Vice or IV. Not talking about stories, or chinatown wars or whatever

You must be smoking crack. The next main GTA, not V but a IV sequel ala VC and SA to III, will likely ship within the next 3 years.

Guanxi
  • Guanxi

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Southside Dukes Ballas @ Jul 29 2008, 04:10)

You must be smoking crack. The next main GTA, not V but a IV sequel ala VC and SA to III, will likely ship within the next 3 years.

Now that the teams have a sound knowledge-base of how to develop these systems going into a project it's going to be a much simpler process & with the benefit of foresight and good planning, we could see a follow-up title in as little as 2 years... it's quite possible, since the engine is already built and ready to go. The multiplayer component is essentially built but requires some tweaking, the compression/teething problems which plagued development are all sorted out.

All that's left is to add content to it, remodel a city, writing-mo-cap-voice overs-testing ala Vice City, which only took 9 months after GTA III (the entry level base model unit, basically) and voilą.

Designing and remodeling a new city of roughly the same size and level of detail of GTA IV with the existing team could be done within a year and a half at most (simultainiously to the the other aspects of development), I seriously don't see what the big deal is, why everybody is thinking 4-5+ years from now, that's essentially like missing out the rest of this enite console generation and going straight onto the fifth generation of GTA on likely the next generation of hardware. Like if Rockstar had decided to just miss out Vice City and San Andreas and go straight onto the development of GTA IV after GTA III, given it would have been one hell of a game but think about all that lost potential. I'd take Vice + San Andreas over GTA IV anyday.

Pegorino
  • Pegorino

=A=

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 12:11 PM

damn just chill out and wait until it comes out

HASSARD1994
  • HASSARD1994

Playing GTA III.....

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:42 PM

They should call it Grand Theft Auto: Vice City II wink.gif

Furore
  • Furore

Start New Game

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:50 PM

vice city , RAGE game engine , next gen console , nice biggrin.gif , but i still want a city that is behind the GTA 3 tunnels , in LCS there was a sing saying that the tunnels lead "Upstate" .

greebo-man
  • greebo-man

Hello

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:59 PM

GTA:Vice City Chapters.

Like Vice City Stories, I guess.

Jason Stead
  • Jason Stead

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:09 PM

GTA: New Wave

Midnight Special
  • Midnight Special

I Don't Care

• Members
  • Cyprus

Posted 29 July 2008 - 08:50 PM

Yeah..GTA IV Vice city biggrin.gif

Zachstar
  • Zachstar

Fusi0n Rul3s!

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

You do realize that your avatar is over 600k right? Which is nothing but a bandwidth pig.

Also note that the next GTA is not going to be 5 years.

Guanxi
  • Guanxi

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:09 PM

1. Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas

3. Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas

4. Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas

5. Liberty City, Vice City, San Andreas, etc

How much fun does that look sarcasm.gif

damian001
  • damian001

Vice City fanboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2008 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (mattymcs @ May 3 2008, 16:55)
They said that they used Liberty City again for this game because they didn't do it justice with GTA3, as it didn't really resemble the look or feel of New York that closely. So I doubt they will use Vice City again.

This is the only smart post in the entire thread. Everyone else keeps assuming they'll redo SA and VC because it was in GTA1 and the GTA3 series.

My opinion: They'll redo Los Santos, San Fierro, or Las Venturas but as single cities.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users