518 replies to this topic
Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (wheems @ May 5 2008, 20:53)
great guide! thx m8

a question for those already got the 200 pigeons, i got 199 and now searching the last 1 for me, just can't find it. i mark every one i killed so i'm pretty sure it has to be one of those bigger green marks on the 2 maps, does anyone of you guys remember killing more than 2 birds on the bigger green marks except for the one on the statue of happyness, there i found 5 birds so far...pls help me if u remember something, thx

There are SIX on happiness island. If you're sure you only killed 5 try here first.
1 - There is one on the second tier up from the statues star-shaped foundation level. Its on the north side in a small alcove kinda thing. You can snipe it by standing on the north most edge/corner of the star shaped foundation.
2 - There is one in the left hand of the statue. Its just behind the book. You can snipe it from the ground just like the first one - stand at the edge of one of the corners.
3 - This bird is on the knot on the toga of the statue. Same again, snipe from a corner of the star.
4 - This one is right on the statues forehead. Snipe from the ground again, same deal as before.
5 - There is one on the right thumb of the statue, snipe from the ground.
6 - The last one is poking its head over the top of the coffee cup. Its just above the one on its thumb.

Hope this helps smile.gif

If you infact killed 6 here, just post again and I'll try give a detailed description of the other large markers.

wheems
  • wheems

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:38 PM Edited by wheems, 06 May 2008 - 12:11 AM.

thx base the answer :-)
sry for not mentioning in my 1. post that in total i got 6 on/around the statue.
5 for the "big green dot" on the second map (all sitting on the statue) and 1 (the 1 in front of the statue on the star-shaped floor) for the "small green dot" on the first map, so 6 in total on the island.

hope you or someone else can help me find that last one, all the time spent in killen the other 199 shouldn be wasted...

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (wheems @ May 5 2008, 23:38)
thx base, sry for not mentioning in my 1. post that in total i got 6 on/around the statue.
5 for the "big green dot" on the second map (all sitting on the statue) and 1 (the 1 in front of the statue on the star-shaped floor) for the "small green dot" on the first map, so 6 in total on the island.

Heres the other big green markers...

(Using these maps: http://www.mycheats....to_iv/xbox_360)

Bottom of the third (left-most) island:
These are both sitting next to each other. One is on a wall with barbed wire fencing and the other is below it on the ground. I doubt you could get one without getting the other. So I doubt your missing one is here.

Top-Middle of the third (left-most) island:
There are two here;
1 - First is on the second story balcony wall on Mr Fuk's restaurant.
2 - Second is on the first story corner ledge of the office building (for sale), across from Mr Fuk's restaurant.

Top Section of the first (right-most) island:
The marker on the left, there are two here;
1 - On top of the sidewalk girder arch
2 - On the short wall piece next to the girder arch (looks like steps)
The marker on the right, there are two here;
Both of these rats are on the top corner of the cleaners building on the rooftop. I doubt you missed one of these when you got the other.

Top of the main first island:
There are two here;
1 - Along the top wall of the sidewalk next to a car park
2 - Just over the wall (on the grassy side) - You may have missed this one if you came from the road and killed the one on the wall. I'd check this one first.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on smile.gif

wheems
  • wheems

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:58 AM

thx again :-)

but as i said in my initial post, for every "big green dot" i got 2 kills, except the one on the isle with the statue, where there are 5 (6 in total for the isle). and as i marked me every kill on the 2 maps i doubt it that i missed one "small green dot" kill. so i was wondering if one of the "big green dots" could be more than 2 kills? (3 would be great tounge.gif )
this is the situation i was afraid of, 199 and 1 i can't find...damn :-(((

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:13 AM Edited by Basa, 06 May 2008 - 01:15 AM.

QUOTE (wheems @ May 6 2008, 00:58)
thx again :-)

but as i said in my initial post, for every "big green dot" i got 2 kills, except the one on the isle with the statue, where there are 5 (6 in total for the isle). and as i marked me every kill on the 2 maps i doubt it that i missed one "small green dot" kill. so i was wondering if one of the "big green dots" could be more than 2 kills? (3 would be great tounge.gif )
this is the situation i was afraid of, 199 and 1 i can't find...damn :-(((

Sorry man, that sucks sad.gif
(I had the same problem with the Jumps/Stunts. Turned out I ticked one off on my list but never done it, never even seen it. Just by luck I noticed that I didn't recognize one of the jumps from the images in the strategy guide).
Dunno if it would help if you could find a list of all the rats with images for them, might be a few you don't remember or recognize...

The only other thing I can suggest is counting all the dots and making sure there is 200, including the 2s and the 5 on happiness island. Dunno...

Theres a guy on these forums who posted up a guide with loads of screenshots, videos and other stuff in it.
http://www.gtaforums...opic=340978&hl=

Dunno if it would be of any use. I didn't download it, not sure whats in it exactly.

wheems
  • wheems

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:06 AM

k i give up :-(

just counted the crosses i made on the 2 maps (printed them out), its 200, damn it!
i won't go to all the places again to check which ones still alive...

thx again base and congratulations to those which have the 100%, seems i don't deserve them :-(

thor79
  • thor79

If anything, I'm a GTA Fanboy...

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 03:34 AM Edited by thor79, 06 May 2008 - 03:45 AM.

Sigh....I've been trying hard to get 100% before the deadline for the contest...but there's no way I'll get all the rats in time...just finished Algonquin. Turns out I spent 30 minutes looking for the last one on Algonquin only to find out the very first one listed in the guide was hiding the first time I checked. I didn't see it in the dumpster but I threw in a nade anyway...which should have killed it. After getting the rest of them I only had 70 out of the 71 on Algonquin...went looking at certain spots I had marked with a question mark as the birds weren't there but I thought I might have already gotten it (there were a few like that...I ran into them while playing the story and shot them just for the hell of it...I didn't really keep track of those though). When I went back to check the very first one...sure enough it was there...and I promptly got the final rat on Algonquin.

I still have to finish the rest of the rats and a bunch of other stuff still needed to get to 100%. Sitting at 79.75% right now...So yeah...not happening...I gave it a good try but I think spending 50 hours completing the storyline did me in. Told myself I'd take my time completing the story...and I definitely did...and I thoroughly enjoyed the story...but I really shot myself in my foot by taking so long.

I was thinking about something in regards to the contest...the rules aren't exactly fair...only those in the Eastern Timezone and east get the full 7 days for the contest. For me (central timezone) I got 6 days 23 hours. (realistically 6 days 13 hours since I got it at 10am). Then you look at people in Europe and Australia....who got significantly more time for the contest....east coast of Austrailia got the game earlier and the contest didn't start for them until they already had 15 hours to play the game. If I were in a position to be completing it shortly after the deadline and I had a disadvantage (of a couple hours or so) I'd challenge the rules of the contest. If it were a worldwide release at the same time everywhere the rules would be fair...but as it is...no way are they fair. Not only do we get the game after everyone...we also get screwed in the contest. Yeah realistically it probably won't matter to most people...but I'd be pissed if I got 100% 5 minutes after the deadline.

yeah it's nitpicking...and it doesn't really matter to me since there's no way I can even get close...but something to think about if you live in the US and are very close to completing it at this point.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

Yea the times and time zones seem a bit unfair. The competition should end at different times for different time zones (i.e. 7 days after the midnight release).

As for the 100% and competition thing. It states in the rules that you must have access to the 100% Club by the competition closing date/time. However, they have not updated the site, seems like everything has went to pot due to it being so popular (they should have realized they'd need to think about scalability from the start for an official site for a game like this).
Anyway, they better not try to come out with "Oh, you have 100%? But you were not on our website before the closing date. Your getting nothing.".

ckohler3
  • ckohler3

Rat

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

I got to 94.50% by midnight what a disaster. I reached 96.71% shortly after midnight. I was supposed to leave work 4 hours early but the guy who was going to cover for me didn't show up. He's standing right next to me now I want to stab him so bad.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (ckohler3 @ May 6 2008, 12:34)
I got to 94.50% by midnight what a disaster. I reached 96.71% shortly after midnight. I was supposed to leave work 4 hours early but the guy who was going to cover for me didn't show up. He's standing right next to me now I want to stab him so bad.

Haha, use a baseball bat instead. Or run him down with your car tounge.gif

That really sucks man, where do you live? Cos I thought that people who live in the GMT timezone had until 5am on tuesday morning to complete it.

Whytey
  • Whytey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

I wonder who is getting the key orly.gif

ckohler3
  • ckohler3

Rat

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:42 PM

I'm in NYC. It only took me another 1 1/2 hours to finish. I just had to hang out with brucie and jacob a few times and finish a random encounter. What a bummer.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (Whytey @ May 7 2008, 11:58)
I wonder who is getting the key orly.gif

Apparently everyone who completed it within the first 7 days of release according to the TOS on the social club website. It was first said that only the first 10 would get a key made for them, but according to the TOS its everyone who does so.

Lyrical Menace
  • Lyrical Menace

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:40 PM

I reached 99.5% before 11:59 the deadline. I am STILL searching for the last .5%

I beleive it is a random character I am missing, however I have checked every single RC location in the stratedgy guide atleast 2-3 times and still can't find sh*t =(

If anyone can help me, please do!

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 12:27 PM Edited by Basa, 08 May 2008 - 12:31 PM.

QUOTE (Lyrical Menace @ May 7 2008, 19:40)
I reached 99.5% before 11:59 the deadline. I am STILL searching for the last .5%

I beleive it is a random character I am missing, however I have checked every single RC location in the stratedgy guide atleast 2-3 times and still can't find sh*t =(

If anyone can help me, please do!

There are a few that only appear at a certain time of the day. You might be able to find a guide for the RCs somewhere on the net, or these forums.
I would post up the names, mission outlines and what times they appear if I was at home, but I'm at university revising (or meant to be) for my exams just now. Sorry I can't be of any help, maybe someone else with the guide could post up the details?

Description from memory below, possible spoiler content...
I remember that Eddie Lowe (Spelling?) was a hard one for me to find, he was never there. He showed up late at night / early morning. It was definetely dark when I done his second encounter. (Eddie is the pedophile)
Also, theres a girl which is/was a drug addict. She appears around the same time, late at night early morning, at her second encounter location.

Description below of what the missions for the above people (people in the spoiler) entail. This is just to jog your memory if you recognize or don't recognize the RCs mentioned.
Eddie's second encounter: You have to fight and kill him.
Drug addicts second encounter: You have to give her a ride to the airport/train station

sugarkang
  • sugarkang

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:16 PM

somebody needs to hand you a gold medal.
i've been trying to figure out where i went wrong and why my % complete didn't add up.
this list completely cleared things up.

none of the other websites say anything about having to:
(1) unlock friends' abilities AND
(2) do all activities with them.

i thought i messed up and started the whole game over. thank god i don't have to go through with that.

Bebop Stop
  • Bebop Stop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:50 PM

(sigh of relief)
biggrin.gif I thought I had killed a random character and ruined my chances at 100%... it wasnt clarence or cherise or any random character you're given a CHOICE to kill, I just shot Brian once in the head with a rocket because he irritated me...eh... I hope you're right about the "nothing can stop you from getting 100%"thing...

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

Contest was just extended to the 19th. Some of you should be happy about that tounge.gif
Way too easy if you ask me.

thor79
  • thor79

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:49 PM Edited by thor79, 08 May 2008 - 09:07 PM.

QUOTE (Iggy248 @ May 8 2008, 20:22)
Contest was just extended to the 19th. Some of you should be happy about that tounge.gif
Way too easy if you ask me.

They must have realized that they cut it way too close and only had a few people complete or something...I don't know.
I don't care....got 100% earlier today....final task was getting the high score on Cub3d.

Honestly the 19th is probably a bit too long....the 12th would have been better I think...would allow the majority of people who really wanted it to get it. I really wanted it...but I also wanted to enjoy the storyline...and I did that...spending 50 hours doing so. Glad they made this change.

djhazardous
  • djhazardous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

Oh dear, gone through the entire list of pigeons on GamesRadar and I've managed to miss out 3. Back to the starting board then huh? suicidal.gif

Gangsta8d9
  • Gangsta8d9

True Thugster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:08 PM

How do you see your stats on the Social Club site?

thor79
  • thor79

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:11 PM Edited by thor79, 08 May 2008 - 09:17 PM.

QUOTE (djhazardous @ May 8 2008, 20:49)
Oh dear, gone through the entire list of pigeons on GamesRadar and I've managed to miss out 3. Back to the starting board then huh? suicidal.gif

this is why when I started working on pigeons I had my guide handy...and I just checked off each and everyone as I got them. Before I moved onto the next island I checked my count to make sure I had an accurate count. Only had one issue where I had one missing....on Alderney...and that was because the damn thing didn't show up the first time around. Use a checklist...it helps immensely.

How do you see your stats on the Social Club site?

Under marathon it has like milestone stats.
Under Story Gang it has your completion time and rank in the story gang.
Under LCPD Blotter it shows general stats for everyone
Under 100% club it shows your completion % if you haven't gotten 100% yet.

All of them update extremely slowly. I completed the story on Saturday and today is the first day I had access to the Story Gang.

Also I imagine there will be plenty of multiplayer stats up once they add that to the site. Right now it just says coming soon.

To access all of that you click on the GTA IV button in the bottom pane.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

All that fast paced work and they make it up till the 19th sad.gif

Gangsta8d9
  • Gangsta8d9

True Thugster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

^Thanks thor79, much appreciated... but I don't see a Marathon link... do I have to wait for it to show up? Cause I registered and got 100 % yesterday.

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

It's on the main GTA4 section like all the others were, I think its a gold medal on the right side.

digitsix
  • digitsix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:32 AM

where does it say anything about having to complete the story in under 30 hours?

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (digitsix @ May 9 2008, 02:32)
where does it say anything about having to complete the story in under 30 hours?

nowhere, but that is a achievement on the 360 version. nothing to do with gaining %.

DeVilliers
  • DeVilliers

Hobo

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:25 PM

Have you just got to unlock everyones special abilities to go towards 100% or does their likeness need to be higher?

cmacca4
  • cmacca4

Dun Dun Duh

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

I need help finding the last two random peds *******Spoilers*********

it's Marnie's and Eddie's 2nd encounters, they won't show up where they are marked in the guide, please help!

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

Bust 20 Criminals? Do you have to arrest them or just kill them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users