Photo

100% Completion Checklist

520 replies to this topic
uuuuuuuuu
  • uuuuuuuuu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:10 AM

Hey quick question. You go to school or something? Or have a job? How're you able to devote so much time to this?

mogwaimon
  • mogwaimon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:10 AM

Sweet checklist, man...I'm stuck at 98.75% right now, though, can't figure out what it is I need to do to get the last percent. I'm pretty sure it's something with Brucie, but I've taken him out everywhere...except maybe to a show, which I'm going to try as soon as he lets me. Do you have to take him out on a certain number of heli/boat rides?I've noticed when I did all activities with Jacob and Packie there was a briefing that stated so..haven't seen it on Brucie yet and it's driving me mad x.x

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:26 AM

QUOTE (mogwaimon @ May 5 2008, 02:10)
Sweet checklist, man...I'm stuck at 98.75% right now, though, can't figure out what it is I need to do to get the last percent. I'm pretty sure it's something with Brucie, but I've taken him out everywhere...except maybe to a show, which I'm going to try as soon as he lets me. Do you have to take him out on a certain number of heli/boat rides?I've noticed when I did all activities with Jacob and Packie there was a briefing that stated so..haven't seen it on Brucie yet and it's driving me mad x.x

Nope. You only have to do 1 boat ride and 1 heli ride.
Did you get the high score in that cub3d arcade game?
cause I'm pretty sure all those ones categorized in the friends category give you [5/3]% (1.67%)
if you find out what it is make sure you tell me, incase I f*cked something up.

mogwaimon
  • mogwaimon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:28 AM Edited by mogwaimon, 05 May 2008 - 02:38 AM.

Yea, got the high score for Qubed...taking Brucie to the show right now, if it gets me to 100% all will be well...if not, then... o.o

EDIT: ...Nope, that didn't do it.What the crap, I'm pretty sure I got everything...y'know, though, I'm desperate.While I was doing the text message cars, Roman got mad at me and stopped offering his cab service, I'll try re-unlocking that and see if that helps, although I doubt it...

EDIT 2: Nope, Roman's cab service didn't unlock the last 1.25%...

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:24 AM

well its gotta be something pertaining to activities (which I'm certain is just doing the cub3d high score, and winning every other activity once) or, you're missed 3 random character missions that counted towards a percentage. Does your random characters met match what you expect it to be in the stats menu? (it's at the bottom of the score section... i think, i know it's at the bottom of one of them)

mogwaimon
  • mogwaimon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:36 AM Edited by mogwaimon, 05 May 2008 - 03:38 AM.

Yea, I've got all 14 random characters met...not sure if all the missions are done, though...Eddie Low is dead, Jeff is dead, Clarence is dead, Cherise's boyfriend was taken care of, I killed Faustin's daughter's boyfriend (And got a very pissed phone call from her, hope that didn't affect anything), have all three Brian missions done, met Mel once, met Ivan once, met Sara and did two missions for her, sent Marnie home to the Midwest, did everything for Pathos, met Gracie again...umm...the other four, who were they....Ah yes, did one mission for Badman, Hossan...who were the other ones...?

Anyways, I must admit, I have spawned a few cars, but no other cheats were used.I didn't spawn an Annihilator, just a few NRG-900s and Comets...that COULD be the reason why, but cheating hasn't stopped anyone from 100% previously and in the contest rules for the key Rockstar said that internal cheats were permitted, so they shouldn't affect the 100% stat, just the achievements.

EDIT: I have been experiencing a strange glitch, though, whenever I take Brucie out drinking, when I go to hail a cab, all of a sudden both characters start acting sober while the screen keeps shaking..Dunno if that has anything to do with it

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:47 AM Edited by Iggy248, 05 May 2008 - 03:51 AM.

QUOTE (uuuuuuuuu @ May 5 2008, 02:10)
Hey quick question. You go to school or something? Or have a job? How're you able to devote so much time to this?

I'm a senior in HS...I skipped a bit of classes last week, so, yeh.

Oh..and mogwaimon, I dunno what to say man...sounds like you got all the Random Characters done, and I'm not sure about the cheating, even on the rules to the contest it says you can use cheats, so I'm sure some of them don't effect your %. (just not which ones) and as I said before, the only one that I can think of that gives 1.25 is MAYBE cub3d...the activities section of my checklist is the only section that I don't have the specific percentages marked for what gives what, but I'm pretty sure it was just 2 things given, 1 for doing all the activities you can do with your friends, and 1 for cub3d...all the other things I have up there are given all at once, and that percentage is there.

I really hope cheating didn't f*ck up your percentage, especially when they were just little ones like those...

EDIT: actually, after looking back at my notes, for some reason I think for at least one of my friends (I think it was Packie) it seemed like I got 1.25% for finishing all his activities, though I'm not sure if I was right when I calculated this, or if I just got the % for something else at the time and thought it was that, I'm just saying this, incase it can help.

DTre
  • DTre

Thuga-Cated

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:53 AM

Thanks man! This site should definitely have a "rep" system

mogwaimon
  • mogwaimon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:56 AM

It's alright, I'm hoping so too...right now I'm just pressuring Brucie until I get a brief that says I've done all his activities. I'm pretty damn sure I've done all of them, though. Got at least one win in each activity, too.Got two questions for you...

1. What is your high score in Qub3d?Mine is 12350 or something, perhaps I need to get it higher?

2. Did you beat the story within 30 hours?I didn't, was off by 2 and a half hours thanks to screwing around the first night I got the game XD

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (mogwaimon @ May 5 2008, 03:56)
It's alright, I'm hoping so too...right now I'm just pressuring Brucie until I get a brief that says I've done all his activities. I'm pretty damn sure I've done all of them, though. Got at least one win in each activity, too.Got two questions for you...

1. What is your high score in Qub3d?Mine is 12350 or something, perhaps I need to get it higher?

2. Did you beat the story within 30 hours?I didn't, was off by 2 and a half hours thanks to screwing around the first night I got the game XD

Cub3d high score is 11700 =/

And yeh, I beat it in somewhere around 19 hours, still, no way that has anything to do with it, finishing the story gives you 60% and that's all there is to it.

Basically, the only things that this last 1.25 percent can come from is the friends category or the activities category, and that's all there is to it. That is, unless cheating has to do with it...

mogwaimon
  • mogwaimon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:28 AM Edited by mogwaimon, 05 May 2008 - 04:43 AM.

I'm beginning to think it may have been the cheating...If my efforts on my current file still prove fruitless, I shall go back to one of my old saves, (One from story complete, but unfortunately without most of the side stuff still incomplete; I didn't use any cheats until I wasted an hour or two looking for an NRG) do Brucie's activities, and see if I get a brief for finishing his activities.If not, then I'll know it wasn't cheating.If so, then...well, I'll be ripsh*t, but it's my own damn fault for wussing out.

EDIT: ...Hm.Wait, I have an idea.I think I know exactly what I'm missing..was reading another checklist and under the bowling, it said that you have to win one full game of bowling. Whenever I take my friends out, I usually do the half game to make it quicker.I'm going to test this last ray of hope out. This checklist said it's 1.25%, as well, which fits in better with my 98.75% than the 1.66% from doing Brucie's activities. I'll report back in a bit.

EDIT2: YES!!!Can you freakin' believe it?All this crap over a full game of bowling, bloody technicality!I'll be getting my key to the city and into the 100% club as soon as this stuff with the Social Club website is sorted out, they won't display my stats even though it's been more than a day...

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:59 AM

rifk

I did a full game right away because I wasn't sure, so I never really knew if it did anything, congrats man.
I'll add a note to the checklist. tounge.gif

learn2forget
  • learn2forget

Vaaaan

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:07 AM

Do you have to do all the activities (pool/darts/bowling/etc) with every single friend, or just each activity at least once with any friend? In other words do you have to go bowling with Roman, Brucie, Jacob, Packie, and Dwayne, and then go back and play pool with all of them, then play darts with all of them, and so on?

Ater
  • Ater

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

QUOTE (learn2forget @ May 5 2008, 05:07)
Do you have to do all the activities (pool/darts/bowling/etc) with every single friend, or just each activity at least once with any friend? In other words do you have to go bowling with Roman, Brucie, Jacob, Packie, and Dwayne, and then go back and play pool with all of them, then play darts with all of them, and so on?

I'd like to know that too, it sounds like a tedious bit of work to do...

godwillrod10
  • godwillrod10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Ater @ May 5 2008, 08:35)
QUOTE (learn2forget @ May 5 2008, 05:07)

I'd like to know that too, it sounds like a tedious bit of work to do...

i would like to know that also

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:36 PM

Yep. All activities with Roman, Brucie, and Packie. (Not all friends, just them, but you have to do every one on their list, for each of them)

ckohler3
  • ckohler3

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:43 PM

Wow thanks for the list. I'm at 82.50 and only have 7 hours after work before midnite. I have 14 reular missions left and 5 assassinations. I just have to do the bowling and cubed game and that should be it. If that doesn't do it I might have to do some activities I missed with Brucie, Jacob and Packie.

Can anyone tell me if I can still do activities after I finish all the missions or should I do it before?

Thanks again for the list it really helped out.

godwillrod10
  • godwillrod10

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:46 PM Edited by godwillrod10, 05 May 2008 - 02:38 PM.

nice guide

ackery
  • ackery

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:49 PM

dont code it put spoiler tags, change it to [spoiler]text here [./spoiler] and take out the full stop

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:14 PM

eh, no?
I didn't spoil anything.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:32 PM Edited by Basa, 05 May 2008 - 02:40 PM.

Completed it this morning. I was gonna post a guide like this (I registered just so I could post it and help people as the actual guide doesn't explain everything well, think I'll visit more often though, looks like a fun forum biggrin.gif )

The only thing that messed me up was the cubed3d game, didn't even consider that an activity. The guide said nothing about it either, wasn't until I found out that xbox users got an achievement for it that I realized it might count.

The only thing I would suggest is making up a checklist for each island (thats how I done it). I had stunts and flying rats listed and used the guide for the maps/locations. (The guide is pretty damn good btw, worth the 10/12) - Don't really need it now though... haha

Theres no reward for getting 100% except getting the Key to Liberty city as mentioned earlier (although my name still hasn't appeared on the 100% list and I can't access the 100% club!!! angry.gif - already emailed them) if you complete it within the first 7 days of release.
Anyone else not had their name up on the social club yet? I know theres only one person on it just now, but it looks like more than that have gotten 100%.

Anyways, its a great game and now that I've got 100% I can enjoy the multiplayer and actually revise for my exams over the next 2 weeks instead of playing the missions haha.

Note: I would like to point out that there are 14 random people that you can meet. Some (i.e. Jeff) occur more than once. However, meeting Jeff for the second time does not add towards your 'Random Characters Met' stat in your Score section of your Stats. This really messed me up because I done the missions for them all (except one that I chose to kill earlier in the game), yet it said I only had 13 (the total random characters minus the one I killed). Just confused me for about half an hour with panic setting in thinking I'd have to go check them all again haha. Would be useful to have a checklist for them too tounge2.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: I forgot to mention that when attaining the 100% within the first 7 days of release, you are allowed to use cheat codes entered with the controller. You are not allowed to use AR Max or Gameshark codes though.
"WINNING ENTRANTS MUST (x) start and complete 100% of the Game during the contest period, (y) have access to the IV 100% CLUB data board on their personal gameplay statistics page by the end of the contest period; and (z) not use any external enhancement or cheating method, such as installing duplicate save games or using third-party software such as the AR MAX or Gameshark. Players may use any enhancement intended to be accessible within the Game, such as unlockable items or codes entered via the controller."
Source: http://socialclub.ro...contest/EN.html

The only problem with these are that it will disable achievements (some codes don't disable them) for the xbox 360 users. PS3 users should be fine to use them (although they are counted and kept track of in your General Stats menu). I just hope Home doesn't penalize PS3 users for using them like the xbox does smile.gif

mogwaimon
  • mogwaimon

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:05 PM

I'm still not in the 100% club, but I'm slowly getting there on the site.An hour or two ago I couldn't access the story gang and now I can, so eventually today I'll be in the 100% club, I hope...

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

updated it again, I split "activities" into 4 categories, bowling, pool, darts, and cub3d, and I know at least bowling and cub3d give 1.25%, so I'm sure the other 2 do too.
if anyone spots any errors please tell me.
thanks

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (Iggy248 @ May 4 2008, 00:50)
Now this is from someone who has 100%, so trust me. tounge.gif sticky please?
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=340476 - proof
The list that came with the guide was worthless, so I wrote a lot down while I went through the game and got it all figured out.
and a side note, if you're planning on getting 100%, just buy the damn guide, it was poorly organized but atm it's the only way that you can find all the pigeons and unique stunts, also, its vital for finding the random characters.

CategoryObjectivePercentage Gained
MissionsComplete main story missions60
MissionsDrug deliveries for Jacob2
MissionsRaces for Brucie2
MissionsExotic Imports for Brucie2
NOTE(Receive these via email)
MissionsAssassinations2
Car TheftsComplete all 30 car thefts2
NOTE(Received via TXT)
FriendsBrucie - Special ability (unlocked @ 70% like)(5/3)
FriendsJacob - Special ability (unlocked @ 60% like)(5/3)
FriendsPackie - Special ability (unlocked @ 75% like)(5/3)
FriendsBrucie - Do all available activities(5/3)
FriendsJacob - Do all available activities(5/3)
FriendsPackie - Do all available activities(5/3)
ActivitiesBeat computer or friend pool1.25
ActivitiesBeat computer or friend darts1.25
ActivitiesBeat computer or friend bowling (A FULL GAME)1.25
ActivitiesGet the high score in the Cub3d arcade game1.25
Random CharactersDo all random character missions5
NOTE(excluding Jeff, Ivan, Clarence, and Cherise)
NOTEthe ones that count give you .5% each,
NOTEsome won't give any (the ones that were
NOTElisted above, or are just cutscenes)
Most WantedVia police computer, 10 on each island2.5
VigilanteBust 20 criminals, also done via police computer2.5
Flying RatsKill all 200 Pigeons2.5
Unique StuntsComplete all 50 unique stunts2.5
NOTHING YOU DO CAN PREVENT YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO GET 100%. SIMPLE AS THAT.

http://www.gamesrada...042411324092081

all the locations of the pigeons and unique stunts are listed here, and I think there is videos of them all too. Not sure about Random characters, but you should be able to find those elsewhere on the internet if not there.

Questions/Comments?

Im not sayin your wrong but in the offical stratergy guide it is different to your list.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ May 5 2008, 17:56)
Im not sayin your wrong but in the offical stratergy guide it is different to your list.

The only major difference I see between the guide and this list is the cub3d in the activities. Which is correct, and is actually missing from the guide. The guide does not mention anything about cub3d counting towards your 100%.

Is that the difference you seen?
If not, what was it?

ckohler3
  • ckohler3

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:56 PM

I have the book at home and I think this guide is better. In their list they don't mention all the side missions, but in the walkthrough they say you get 2 points or whatever. They don't say anything about points for assassinations and just say you get 5 points for beating friends or the computer in all the games. No mention of which games.

I think this is so much better I was lost in how to get the last 5% or so before I found it.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Basa @ May 5 2008, 20:14)
QUOTE (Hodgey1989 @ May 5 2008, 17:56)

The only major difference I see between the guide and this list is the cub3d in the activities. Which is correct, and is actually missing from the guide. The guide does not mention anything about cub3d counting towards your 100%.

Is that the difference you seen?
If not, what was it?

Yey and the fact that you have to do every activity with your freinds in the guide it just says you have to reach a certain percentage.

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:17 PM

It says beat computer or friend at every activity at least once. (in the guide)
What other activities can you beat someone at?

And I know for a fact cub3d by itself gives you 1.25, and there are 3 other activities that you can beat someone at, so I'm confident that's how it is set up.

Basa
  • Basa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Iggy248 @ May 5 2008, 20:17)
It says beat computer or friend at every activity at least once. (in the guide)
What other activities can you beat someone at?

And I know for a fact cub3d by itself gives you 1.25, and there are 3 other activities that you can beat someone at, so I'm confident that's how it is set up.

Correct. I was 3.75% short of 100%. I still had 190 rats to kill, but I wasn't doing that till I knew what that other 1.25% was, which turned out to be beating the high score in cub3d. There is no mention of it in the strategy guide, which sucks - cos if there was, it would be a perfect guide.

wheems
  • wheems

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:53 PM

great guide! thx m8

a question for those already got the 200 pigeons, i got 199 and now searching the last 1 for me, just can't find it. i mark every one i killed so i'm pretty sure it has to be one of those bigger green marks on the 2 maps, does anyone of you guys remember killing more than 2 birds on the bigger green marks except for the one on the statue of happyness, there i found 5 birds so far...pls help me if u remember something, thx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users