Photo

[Rant] Keep your kids OFF GTA IV! and the forums

100 replies to this topic
mythicdawn07
  • mythicdawn07

Fight Club

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

well i can say this.... GTA IV is for 18+ so why are a bunch of 12 yr olds raiding the forums? really dudes when i kill you ingame dont take your dads pistol and take it out on your school buddies okay???

Now all this whining about my 360 version is better then your PS3 version or my PS3 version is better then your 360 version is so childish grow up already. really who cares? aslong as you enjoy the game whatever console its on why cry and whine like a baby that yours is better. Really when i was younger and GTA liberty city hit the streets i remeber one of my friends saying stuff like "Oh ima get my GTA before you!!" i was like stfu dude who gives a toss. once it was released i went over and bought it and when he tried to get his copy it had sold out. i was like yeah dude karma's bitch. eat it and come watch me play on my GTA..... but you aint getting a go.

/rant off.

really your parents should be ashamed of themselves and if you keep it up i will be forced to phone social services and get you taken away. No more sweeties for YOU!

mattc1515
  • mattc1515

King of Nowhere!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

gta forums need a foolproof age filter for new sign ups or something.

/me Agrees with the topic starter

xKiNGP1N
  • xKiNGP1N

- S iVi O K I N -

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Im sure parents that let their kids play GTA don't even play games and have never been on a forum in their life and are to stupid to realise what these games are doing to their kids, Like mine biggrin.gif

Swiechu
  • Swiechu

Slavic Gun Nut

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

Man, my father plays as well... (I'm 15)

-nikobellic-
  • -nikobellic-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:30 PM

I play +18 rated violent videogames since I was 6. Yet I've never killed anyone, robbed or vandalised anywhere. Its about your family and your genes. Videogames are just something to blame.

mythicdawn07
  • mythicdawn07

Fight Club

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (-nikobellic- @ May 3 2008, 22:30)
I play +18 rated violent videogames since I was 6. Yet I've never killed anyone, robbed or vandalised anywhere. Its about your family and your genes. Videogames are just something to blame.

This post is about the childish behaviour on the forums, and a friendly warning that in SOME cases children actually turn virtual reality into reality. Unlike myself i mean i played d00m when i was a kid too lol.

Though it has nothing to do with genes it has to do with parents and teaching children right from wrong. and has nothing to do with video games either since we are living proof correct? biggrin.gif

-nikobellic-
  • -nikobellic-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (mythicdawn07 @ May 3 2008, 22:34)

This post is about the childish behaviour on the forums, and a friendly warning that in SOME cases children actually turn virtual reality into reality. Unlike myself i mean i played d00m when i was a kid too lol.

Though it has nothing to do with genes it has to do with parents and teaching children right from wrong. and has nothing to do with video games either since we are living proof correct? biggrin.gif

well they say that there are cases where this "killer" thing is passed on from your genes... or was that something from metal gear? colgate.gif

you are correct. we are the proof.

cood
  • cood

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:40 PM

this game isnt a 18+ its also rated mature 17+ and i agree with the other kid iv been on 18+ for a long time and im only 17 if uve actualy waite til your 18 to play a 18 game your sad

Eltic
  • Eltic

10 year old

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:43 PM

I'm 10 and my mom doesn't mind!

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Eltic @ May 3 2008, 22:43)

Then your mom must be out of her mind. Please don't go out shooting people and afterwards blaming this game like some retards does ??
You kids do realize that this game has an age restriction for a reason right ??

Bouree
  • Bouree

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:48 PM Edited by Bouree, 03 May 2008 - 10:52 PM.

this game isnt a 18+ its also rated mature 17+  and i agree with the other kid iv been on 18+ for a long time and im only 17 if uve actualy waite til your 18 to play a 18 game your sad

^ haha, well if your mature enough to think your to young to play mature games, then chances are, you are mature enough to play it... lol... besides thats like waiting until your 17 to watch a rated R movie, no one does it.

I agree with the topic starter... however, I would bet that there are just as many over 18 year olds on this forum that are just as immature and prone to ridiculous arguments. Some people are mature and uninfluenced by fictional content, while others are influenced and just not mature. I do not necessarily think age has much to do with it, especially once you hit the mid to upper teens.

As far as parents caring more... they obviously should. I think some parents tend to stay out of things they don't know about. In this case, video games with content that might not be suitable for their children. I think parents should be more attuned to their children's maturity level and decide based on that. Though I am sure there are parents who aren't mature enough themselves.

cood
  • cood

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:53 PM

its only a game dont cry n take it to seriously last i heard u only had to be that age to buy the game and wheres the age rating for this fourm ... o wait there isnt 1 so stop bitching

boothy
  • boothy

I'm reforming. See you in some other user name...

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:00 PM

im 14, been playin gta since i was 9, (gta2 was the first)
and i do not have a criminal record

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:03 PM

I'm 3 years old and I play GTA IV.

-nikobellic-
  • -nikobellic-

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (DZorro @ May 3 2008, 22:46)

Then your mom must be out of her mind. Please don't go out shooting people and afterwards blaming this game like some retards does ??

dude stop with the attacking! you do realize that the restriction is for dummies with no proper education while growing up, right? If his/her mother raised him/her properly then he/she should have no problem playing it! Whats next? dont watch television? dont watch cartoons cause they have cartoon violence? oh, cmon lets remove the internet!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

Well it's not only the fact "kids/younger people" get "influenced" by the game(in other words are retarded enough to recreate the actions from the game)... but I think it's also the fact that kids/younger people don't understand what GTA is about.

Yes I know, killing, extreme violence, going postal, crashing cars and just bringing the apocalypse to one city is a ("big") part of the game. The possibility to do so, well it's just amazing. But, that's where it ends with most people (mostly: kids/younger people).

I for one thing GTA is about much more. Just, the atmosphere... the fake brands and over the top, but sometimes correct satire/parody/criticism on society. The game wants to show what's wrong with America/world.

Also, the storytelling is just great. SA was (in my opinion) not as good as the rest. But seriously, R* knows how to tell a great & sweeping story.

And to continue, the humor is just unique. I mean, listen to the radio from III/Vice City/SA/... talk radio, commercials, callers, show hosts... satire again but it's so f*cking funny.

I can even write more things down that most people (referring to kids/younger people) let slide/don't even get. I mean, some of the things they make parody's on aren't known by kids. Or even the jokes.

Well, my post is even too long for people to read (especially when you got kids crying about how bad the graphics are/how they can't marry/get Niko's dong out of his pants...) but I think some of the people will agree with me.

Short said: GTA is just a great franchise, great humor and definatly worth it's 50 bucks. (even when you buy the previous "outdated" titles... "it's just a gift that keeps on giving").

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:18 PM

QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ May 3 2008, 23:03)

your 3 and you can already play violent game ?? Ye right. sarcasm.gif

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (-nikobellic- @ May 3 2008, 23:05)

dude stop with the attacking! you do realize that the restriction is for dummies with no proper education while growing up, right? If his/her mother raised him/her properly then he/she should have no problem playing it! Whats next? dont watch television? dont watch cartoons cause they have cartoon violence? oh, cmon lets remove the internet!

Yes i foolhardily know what they mean even more then most does. I don't really care if kids really play this game, it's when it get's out of hand that's when i come in. We live in a f*cked up country, something has to happen first, then they take it out on everyone here. So what i'm saying, one little brat has to abuse this game and blame it in my country, and all of a sudden my government will come out on all it's population and then no more rockstar for any us. Do you understand that part ??

lagge92
  • lagge92

nub-cake

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:34 PM

dont forget that its not only children who feel like they have to defend their system, there is a really old guy on this forum who is one of the biggest fanboys... No names...

_Camo
  • _Camo

thunderspork

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:37 PM

Everyone saying how the game is convincing you to drive drunk, and shoot people, and have sex with every hooker on the street, that's annoying as hell, sometimes people cannot grasp the fact this is a game. Just because you shoot people ingame dosen't mean to go snipe off a building in downtown..

ishanz
  • ishanz

God

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:37 PM

Does age discrimination make you feel really big? Really superior?

You know you're a big man when you can call somebody a twelve-year old!

SyphonPayne
  • SyphonPayne

E FOR EFFORT!!!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (DZorro @ May 3 2008, 18:18)

Aww you're so smart, you got me. I'm not 3, I'm 4.

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (SyphonPayne @ May 3 2008, 23:39)
QUOTE (DZorro @ May 3 2008, 18:18)

Aww you're so smart, you got me. I'm not 3, I'm 4.

Hey i don't mean to bitch at you, you are still enjoying this game witch is good thing. I'm from the Netherlands, and i my country currently is kissing other countries ass, so if one other country decides that this game is no good. They will bann it in my country too. Witch means, even if i am older then 18 i can't even play this game. Witch actually sucks. They already banned a game like that before. I just hope it will never happen witch this one as well.

cooper119
  • cooper119

98% of teenagers surround their warped minds with rap music. If

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:00 AM

snap out of it you f*cking woman. its a game! btw im 14

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (cooper119 @ May 4 2008, 00:00)

snap out of it you f*cking woman. its a game! btw im 14

In that case rockstar is still getting into trouble. first they make this game 18+ and then they let kids from 3+ sign on this forum. tsk tsk. sarcasm.gif tounge2.gif

TaNeR
  • TaNeR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:43 AM

im 8 and i love my ps3 and gta, have fun !, you care ? go f*ck yourself

the_liamanator
  • the_liamanator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:48 AM

exactly the same for me, who are u to say what im allowed to play? i might only be 14 but it doesnt mean ill be traumitised by Niko shooting someone and saying f*ck

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

Hah, funny thing. No one read my post about this matter. Ah well, proves me right again (well, not 100% right but it certainly proves it for the majority of "kids" on GTAF).

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:31 AM

The game is designed for 18 or older. This may mean something.

Copilot
  • Copilot

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:36 AM

If you will actually try and do something in real life thats from a video game your parents really need to learn how to parent. No child that is brought up properly is actually going to go shoot people on the streets or steal cars to get around.

And to the OP the game is 17+ not 18+, not that it matters because 1 year doesn't make someone all the sudden become mature enough to play this game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users