• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:37 PM

I`m from Serbia, and i can confirm that he is 100% serbian. icon14.gif

chiefgeezer
  • chiefgeezer

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

I'm from England, and i can confirm he's 100% serbian too!

Good work though, wish i could understand what he says sometimes!

Claude4907
  • Claude4907

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:43 PM

I'm from America and i can confirm that's AWESOME!!!

Kuiosikle
  • Kuiosikle

Who?

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:44 PM Edited by Kuiosikle, 03 May 2008 - 03:46 PM.

QUOTE (chiefgeezer @ May 3 2008, 11:41)

Turn the subtitles on. Every non-English phrase is translated to English in a light grey font color.

FriTheAntiHero
  • FriTheAntiHero

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:45 PM

Yeah lol, there was a 10 page long thread on this just this morning.. nice find anyway.. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif lol.gif

Trance/Ps3 Addict
  • Trance/Ps3 Addict

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

yo im a serb whos a serb in the game

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

1 idc.. 2 go away,... 3 don't come back as a zombie.. and 4 its been posted many times.. 1st time was like 1-2 weeks ago

redzmaja
  • redzmaja

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

you guys are very very dump why you do not do some research before you start with explodion of stupidity

FACTS

http://en.wikipedia....d_Theft_Auto_IV

Niko Bellic is a Serbian immigrant who is thirty years of age and a veteran of the Bosnian War. He has come to Liberty City to pursue the "American Dream". Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who had claimed in multiple e-mails to Niko that he was living a fabulous life, with a mansion, women, hot tubs and sports cars. Roman's claims turn out to be lies to hide his own failures. In reality, he only owns a small taxi business and is in serious debt with local gang bosses, which he manages to resolve by enlisting Niko's help in killing them.

i-cup
  • i-cup

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (redzmaja @ May 3 2008, 16:11)
you guys are very very dump why you do not do some research before you start with explodion of stupidity

FACTS

Niko Bellic is a Serbian immigrant who is thirty years of age and a veteran of the Bosnian War. He has come to Liberty City to pursue the "American Dream". Niko was persuaded to move to Liberty City by his cousin Roman, who had claimed in multiple e-mails to Niko that he was living a fabulous life, with a mansion, women, hot tubs and sports cars. Roman's claims turn out to be lies to hide his own failures. In reality, he only owns a small taxi business and is in serious debt with local gang bosses, which he manages to resolve by enlisting Niko's help in killing them.

You guys are very, very dump why you do not do (lol wut?!) some research before you start with explodion of <double space here> stupidity?

I have added corrections and notes to your remark.

redzmaja
  • redzmaja

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:25 PM

well i was forced to learn your filthy language
and you guys are FACT rejects of europe
and ni**ers and wetbacks will take care of you
america in 20 years

UNITED STATES OF BIG MEXICO

watch and see

i-cup
  • i-cup

Peon

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (redzmaja @ May 3 2008, 16:25)
well i was forced to learn your filthy language
and you guys are FACT rejects of europe
and ni**ers and wetbacks will take care of you
america in 20 years

UNITED STATES OF BIG MEXICO

watch and see

Actually, several European nations helped America fight its Independence War against the British. Also how were Americans rejected by Britain when it was their choice to rebel, if anything England are the rejected ones.

Besides, I'm not American.

srbin
  • srbin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:33 PM

njaaaaaaaaaaa

Trance/Ps3 Addict
  • Trance/Ps3 Addict

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

when he gets a letter from his mom. it says : dragi sine kako si. which means dear son how are you. and the other sentence is also in Serbian but i still don't think he is a Serb he might just know the language

KieranMurphy
  • KieranMurphy

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Trance/Ps3 Addict @ May 3 2008, 22:38)
when he gets a letter from his mom. it says : dragi sine kako si. which means dear son how are you. and the other sentence is also in Serbian but i still don't think he is a Serb he might just know the language

Why would his mother write to him in Serbian (Serbians and Croatians I think speak the same language but use different alphabets, Cyrillic vs. Latin, I think, perhaps the OP can confirm as he is Serbian) if both their native languages wasn't Serbian? That would be like my mother sending me an email in French even though we both speak English as a native language.

Anyway, this is interesting to me. I just knew he was from somewhere in former Yugoslavia from what was said in the game and assumed he was either Serbian or Croatian.

Fealiks
  • Fealiks

What's with these homies dissin' my girl?

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Kuiosikle @ May 3 2008, 15:44)

Turn the subtitles on. Every non-English phrase is translated to English in a light grey font color.

icon14.gif Yeah, that's a really good feature. I found that out pretty early on so I didn't miss much colgate.gif

I think it's sort of taking the piss out of American, British and whatever people when they all call him a Pollack or a Russian, amongst other things.

Seachmall
  • Seachmall

Irish Motherfucker.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

FACTS

Wikipedia's open nature and a lack of proper sources for much of the information makes it unreliable - SOURCE wink.gif

Also, wasn't it menioned in the game (a few times) that Niko's a Serb?

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:09 PM

QUOTE (KieranMurphy @ May 4 2008, 01:45)
QUOTE (Trance/Ps3 Addict @ May 3 2008, 22:38)

Why would his mother write to him in Serbian (Serbians and Croatians I think speak the same language but use different alphabets, Cyrillic vs. Latin, I think, perhaps the OP can confirm as he is Serbian) if both their native languages wasn't Serbian? That would be like my mother sending me an email in French even though we both speak English as a native language.

Anyway, this is interesting to me. I just knew he was from somewhere in former Yugoslavia from what was said in the game and assumed he was either Serbian or Croatian.

Perhaps he's a Bosniak who's butthurt over the fact that he plays a Serbian hero.

I really have no other idea.

asherloc
  • asherloc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

BIG US of Mexico, my ass, sure the biggest GDP in the entire world is having a bit of trouble. Lets look at the facts here, our multinationals out-gross most nations. Our declining Hegemony is due for a turn, sure we got issues but once we start pumping out oil or slinging coal rocks, your impoverished nation will be begging the US for aid. IN Fact we probably give you aid. You probably have to set up free trade zones to be able to make a buck or two, ripping apart your country. Don't forecast decline in US, it's disgusting!

StanMarsh
  • StanMarsh

For the Holy Marsh!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

Keep political and economic crap out of GTAIV gameplay discussion topics.

And yes, he is Serbian. This is well known.

Trance/Ps3 Addict
  • Trance/Ps3 Addict

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

ya boy dont f*ck with the Serbs. we gon bury all them f*cking Albanians. this game owns

Mattous
  • Mattous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:44 PM

When you're in a shoot up they call him a Polak, This would mean he's Polish wouldn't it?

KieranMurphy
  • KieranMurphy

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Mattous @ May 5 2008, 12:44)
When you're in a shoot up they call him a Polak, This would mean he's Polish wouldn't it?

That's because other characters in the game just hear an eastern European accent and just assume he's from Russia or Poland or whatever. Brucie keeps talking about him being in the Red Army, which would mean he was Russian, but he isn't.

Much the same way a European might meet a Canadian and assume he's from the USA because they're not familiar with the accent.

Mattous
  • Mattous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

Yeh fair enough, niko could pull off being polish, but Roman doesn't looking anything like one and if they're family he should look polish aswell.

Strajo D MaN
  • Strajo D MaN

Screw the rest GTA is the best!!!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:59 PM

Anyway, this is interesting to me. I just knew he was from somewhere in former Yugoslavia from what was said in the game and assumed he was either Serbian or Croatian.[QUOTE]

Serbia uses both of the alphabets (Cyrillic and Latin) and the language isnt the same, it is very similar but not the same...

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:06 PM

Okay, Niko is a Serb, but during the war was he working for Milosevic or someone else? He said that the people he was hunting had killed a lot of innocent people. But from how the media was reporting it the Serbs were the ones killing all the women and children (Don't start. Really, don't). What exactly was his involvement in that whole situation?

Jwkaquemini
  • Jwkaquemini

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

I can see it now...the international sequel to the movie You Got Served will be.....

You Got Serbed!

Strajo D MaN
  • Strajo D MaN

Screw the rest GTA is the best!!!

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

I havent played the game yet so i duno what r you talking about barf8bd.gif

frka
  • frka

AKA RHYME

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:04 PM Edited by frka, 08 May 2008 - 05:07 PM.

He is serbian, but rockstars did a really bad job pronouncing serbian words, REALLY bad. Everyone from balkan can confirm this cause he speaks so bad that u can hardly hear what he says, if it werent for the subtitles i wouldn't even have a clue what he was saying. I do hear what he is saying but you really have to turn up the volume and listen very carefully cuz of the awful pronounce. So the voice acting isn't that polished... which not many people can see.

They could have taken a real life serb to speak the dialogues, they obviously didn't. Another thing is that a last name or a name for that matter in Serbia is very rarely spelled with two L, like Bellic... it should be Belic. I don't even know if any name is spelled with a double (don't know how to say it:P). These are just some small things which isnt that important but it's annoying for me specially cause im from balkan and they really didn't do a good job on this.

They really should have done some more research.

Luckily this game isn't hostile to other countries, and they don't involve political matters in it, if they would I would probably not have bought this game.

1shot1kill
  • 1shot1kill

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (Kuiosikle @ May 3 2008, 17:44)

It's only light grey is English is spoken right before or after it, in the few scenes where there are multiple lines in Slavic it is the normal color.

hiispy4u
  • hiispy4u

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:59 PM

Either English is a second language to you or you are very very DUMP yourself. No punctuation and more than one word spelled wrong in a sentence and calling others DUMP.

lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users