Photo

A easy way to lose your heat

5 replies to this topic
chassit
  • chassit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:40 AM

Frustrated by that notorious "The Snow Storm" mission, I tried a helluva lots of times. In the end I finally lost my 3-star heat surprisingly easy. Try this if you're chased by damn lots of police cars:
1. Hop into any car nearby. Drive it to a place where traffic is busy and there are many alleys.
2. Leave your car. For some reason cops' AI is utterly stupid in GTA4. They will chase you on foot if you're not driving.
3. Find your way in alleys, avoid cops, till you get rid of them.
4. Get a cab if chance allowed. You'll lose your heat in no time if you manage to get in a cab or train.

The most important part here is marked in red. All cops left their car after I abandoned mine, and the damn helicopter disappeared at around the same time. Find a proper place and outrun them on your feet.

I tried this method another time, successfully got away with 4-star heat, and got an achievement.

Don't know if it works for you. Anyone interested in trying this please inform me if it works in this post, thanks.
tounge2.gif

gta95
  • gta95

Nasty Nas in your area, about to cause mass hysteria....

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:49 AM

That is actually pretty realistic. If you get on the B train, the cops have no way off telling when and where you get off. I like the fact that you aren't just being chased endlessly above 3 stars with no way to escape like in previous games.

chassit
  • chassit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE (gta95 @ May 3 2008, 07:49)
That is actually pretty realistic. If you get on the B train, the cops have no way off telling when and where you get off. I like the fact that you aren't just being chased endlessly above 3 stars with no way to escape like in previous games.

Yeah, taking trains or cabs to get rid of cops is realistic inded. But my point here is running instead of driving holds a better chance to escape.
You know, with LCPD on your ass it's nearly impossible to call a cab, they'll panic and run away if LCPD force is seen nearby. But by running, police cars and choppers magically disappear all in a sudden (at least in my cases). You can take all your time to run around some alley and take a cab.
It's a shame to admit that finding a train station is pretty hard for me because I have no much feeling about directions and stations are not marked out on map.

InFaDeLiTy
  • InFaDeLiTy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:35 AM

Actually your incredibly stupid.
Sorry R* put realism in the game.
The police AI isnt 100% but it is realistic, if you go so far away from police radius they lose sight of you and have no clue where you are.
If your f*cking in allys and vehicle switching, explain how thats unrealistic?

mrernie
  • mrernie

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:39 AM

I find it easier to evade the cops just by driving as fast as I can. You don't run the risk or being shot then...

garywobby
  • garywobby

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:20 AM

An alternative way to evade the cops in the snow storm is to run to your right when you exit the abandoned hospital and through a gap in the fencing, there's a dock with a jetmax boat out there, jump in the boat and speed off but keep an eye on your radar for any police boats in the water and avoid them. I failed this mission twice until I decided on a different route and found the boat!!!!!!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users