» «
Photo

if game wont load log out of psn

17 replies to this topic
tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:34 AM Edited by tin23uk, 03 May 2008 - 02:52 AM.

just thought i better post something in the troubleshooting section for all those that dont read the other threads about this.

the problem is server side, the server updates stats even in single player DO NOT DELETE YOUR SAVED GAME IT WONT FIX THE PROBLEM.

this wont fix the 60gb freezing problem, its just for the problem that people are having tonight on all ps3 models.

evil joe
  • evil joe

GTA IV FTW

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:01 AM

Worked for me. Just go to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection and then disable it.

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:04 AM

That's all in THIS topic...

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=339640

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:33 AM Edited by tin23uk, 03 May 2008 - 06:03 AM.

QUOTE (Vive La France @ May 3 2008, 04:04)

i know that tool, but when i first went to your thread and told your dumb ass how to fix it you were telling people to delete everything except the game save and turn of the media server, so i told you how to fix it and then made a thread with how to fix it in the title for those that are too lazy to look to the last post in the thread for a fix.

nice to see your edited post to make it look like you knew how to fix it from the get go, you didnt know what th f**k you were doing until i kindly told you what to do to save all your progress.

StayHuman
  • StayHuman

StayHuman

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (tin23uk @ May 3 2008, 05:33)
QUOTE (Vive La France @ May 3 2008, 04:04)

i know that tool, but when i first went to your thread and told your dumb ass how to fix it you were telling people to delete everything except the game save and turn of the media server, so i told you how to fix it and then made a thread with how to fix it in the title for those that are too lazy to look to the last post in the thread for a fix.

nice to see your edited post to make it look like you knew how to fix it from the get go, you didnt know what th f**k you were doing until i kindly told you what to do to save all your progress.

Get him Tin...

IWF will eat you for fkin breakfast

diablosammich
  • diablosammich

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:35 AM

Thanks for the info tin. I wish I knew of (or had found) your solution before I did all the take two steps to fix my game last night. While take two's solution worked for me - I like your one step approach and will remember it now! I thank you.

It does make sense that the game may intermittently poll for data on the servers (even in single player mode) and any unexpected response would cause ill side effects in the game. If the Rockstar team tested with an internal or private network, mixed with new PS3s (little to no 60bgs) I suppose it's possible that might explain why they seemingly never ran into a problem while many of us in the real world are running into issues that most certainly would have effected Rockstar's game testing.

Well, that's my theory - or an amalgam of many on this post, or maybe I just stole your theory tin. But I'm sticking with it.

O&A PARTY ROCK!!!!!

GTA_NYC
  • GTA_NYC

Whats new in it! V

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

Thanks dude!

It works for me.I also clear internet cache and others

BUNBEE2008
  • BUNBEE2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for the info It is real easy I am getting ready to do it right now.

tmilla89
  • tmilla89

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

i deleted my saves and it still didnt work and i come here to find all i had to do was unhook my internet.
now i have to start all over. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (diablosammich @ May 3 2008, 11:35)
Thanks for the info tin. I wish I knew of (or had found) your solution before I did all the take two steps to fix my game last night. While take two's solution worked for me - I like your one step approach and will remember it now! I thank you.

It does make sense that the game may intermittently poll for data on the servers (even in single player mode) and any unexpected response would cause ill side effects in the game. If the Rockstar team tested with an internal or private network, mixed with new PS3s (little to no 60bgs) I suppose it's possible that might explain why they seemingly never ran into a problem while many of us in the real world are running into issues that most certainly would have effected Rockstar's game testing.

Well, that's my theory - or an amalgam of many on this post, or maybe I just stole your theory tin. But I'm sticking with it.

O&A PARTY ROCK!!!!!

there was really no way rockstar could have tested for this problem, the servers are just overwhelmed your right on the fact that they could have tested on a private network but they could have never tested to the scale the servers are being pushed right at the moment.

it was also friday night when all the mayhem started, most people get paid on thrusdays or fridays so the first weekend after launch was always gonna be make or break time, sadly it broke.

i havnt tried it yet today but if they havnt already i have every confidence that gamespy will get this sorted pretty quickly, they fixed the server problems that happened on launch day within a matter of hours.

Rising Force
  • Rising Force

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (tin23uk @ May 3 2008, 16:35)
QUOTE (diablosammich @ May 3 2008, 11:35)
Thanks for the info tin.  I wish I knew of (or had found) your solution before I did all the take two steps to fix my game last night.  While take two's solution worked for me - I like your one step approach and will remember it now!  I thank you.

It does make sense that the game may intermittently poll for data on the servers (even in single player mode) and any unexpected response would cause ill side effects in the game.  If the Rockstar team tested with an internal or private network, mixed with new PS3s (little to no 60bgs) I suppose it's possible that might explain why they seemingly never ran into a problem while many of us in the real world are running into issues that most certainly would have effected Rockstar's game testing.

Well, that's my theory - or an amalgam of many on this post, or maybe I just stole your theory tin.  But I'm sticking with it.

O&A PARTY ROCK!!!!!

there was really no way rockstar could have tested for this problem, the servers are just overwhelmed your right on the fact that they could have tested on a private network but they could have never tested to the scale the servers are being pushed right at the moment.

it was also friday night when all the mayhem started, most people get paid on thrusdays or fridays so the first weekend after launch was always gonna be make or break time, sadly it broke.

i havnt tried it yet today but if they havnt already i have every confidence that gamespy will get this sorted pretty quickly, they fixed the server problems that happened on launch day within a matter of hours.

Although youre absolutely correct in regards to both your solution above and the server problems, they couldve prevented this. Rock Star should have created and simulated an overloaded private server prior to the release of the game. At this point , Im glad your simple solution works , but I really do hope that taketwo does come with a permanent fix for this.

Now I do have one question ,,, can you enable the internet back after you've succeded to get back into the game or does this mean no more multiplayer till the patch is out,,,,IF they ever make one.....

Not_Dan_Houser
  • Not_Dan_Houser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

For me, putting the freeze issues down to server side problems has the MOST credibility.

It's the most obvious aspect of the game that could easily affect both XBox and PS3 platforms.

So, I resisted the temptation to delete my saved games, as so many hours are invested in them.
It's a shame that this advice is on so many websites - I even included it myself in a post that contained half a dozen steps of things to try from Take 2.

Freezing continues for me, but very randomly, so it's hard to tell what change to my setup has made a difference. But the fact that it works on my, for example, third attempt in a row - when the console, software and setup has remained constant and unchanged on those 3 attempts - can only indicate an external factor.

So I'm going to keep signing out and hoping that's it. But I am a bit annoyed that the much-touted multiplayer section will remain off limits to me.

The best bit though, if it is a server side issue, is that Rockstar can resolve it in their own time - without recalling or redistributing CD's to players. That would be a financial disaster for them, and time consuming for us.

So I suggest people give signing out a go before anything else, and report back here if it helps them. Maybe it's time for a new POLL mods ;

1) Has signing out of PSN stopped you freezing up, Yes or No?

Redpizzi
  • Redpizzi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Works fine for me, just logged out of PSN and we are up and running, so the online servers are all down

Not_Dan_Houser
  • Not_Dan_Houser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

I was wondering if there is a webpage somewhere that shows the status of the games servers?

They are hosted on Gamespy I think.

Sony has a page where you can simply see PSN is up or not.

It would be great to be able to check the GTA IV server status, or indeed some stats eg users online etc, especially given the kerfuffle since the game was released about being able to login to multiplayer.

I guess this is deemed secret, not for competitors to see etc - yawn.

Shame. confused.gif

mupet0000
  • mupet0000

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:52 PM

Alright i have a little complete fix of my own:

1. Log out of PSN (disable internet connectivity in settings), load GTA IV up and save the game straight away over your latest save.
2. Remove ANY USB DEVICE from your PS3.
3. Quit GTA IV and enable your internet connectivity and then straight away start GTA IV.

This works for me, i can play online fine.

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:39 PM

QUOTE (mupet0000 @ May 3 2008, 20:52)

1. Log out of PSN (disable internet connectivity in settings), load GTA IV up and save the game straight away over your latest save.
3. Quit GTA IV and enable your internet connectivity and then straight away start GTA IV.

i think the whole thing is somewhat hit and miss, some people claim their game has loaded after a long wait, some say some saves are loading others are not. so im pretty sure its more likely that you are getting lucky after removing usb devices but if its working for you then go for it.

the servers are not down they are just screwed up at the moment, if they were down there would be no problem because it would be just like playing without an internet connection. the most likely explanation for the effect on single player is when you load a game it is trying to update the leaderboard and stats in doing so causing an error.

mupet0000
  • mupet0000

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (tin23uk @ May 3 2008, 22:39)
QUOTE (mupet0000 @ May 3 2008, 20:52)

i think the whole thing is somewhat hit and miss, some people claim their game has loaded after a long wait, some say some saves are loading others are not. so im pretty sure its more likely that you are getting lucky after removing usb devices but if its working for you then go for it.

the servers are not down they are just screwed up at the moment, if they were down there would be no problem because it would be just like playing without an internet connection. the most likely explanation for the effect on single player is when you load a game it is trying to update the leaderboard and stats in doing so causing an error.

I understand what you mean, your probably right because my friend with a 60GB got this problem at the same time as me and we both did the same "fix" i said and it worked. So i guess its their servers.

beanieboy
  • beanieboy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:04 AM

Thanks for the info tin...I was SOOO close to deleting the saved data but first thought i'd check the GTA website. Glad I have joined and will be checking here regularly... cheers nervous.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users