Photo

PS3 GTA IV FIX LOADING SCREEN HANGING

39 replies to this topic
Guru Josh
  • Guru Josh

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:16 PM

Dont want to bore everyone here, but I am a new PS3 user and GTA IV is my first game on it. I have never used a multiplayer system before. What I want to know is, is there actually going to be a patch? Or is this something that some PS3 users will simply have to put up with for ever? FYI my game works fine when not connected to the internet, but either wont load or will freeze when I am connected? This is a major piss off as the multiplayer is the best thing about GTAIV imo. And if their is a patch where will we get it from?

Redpizzi
  • Redpizzi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:26 PM

by the looks of things the bug started after 11am GMT cause it worked for me fine this morning...
so after 11:00am 3rd May 2008 - GTA NETWORK is down, causing PS3's to hang...
With my system i have to Quit the game which makes my PS3 reboot itself...
So for finding a fix, i think this is just a problem not with the game, but with the GTA Servers....

Also Dorelliun's comment on UK CHUMPS - What a Prick you are, Sad little person....

Guru Josh
  • Guru Josh

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

QUOTE (Redpizzi @ May 3 2008, 22:26)
by the looks of things the bug started after 11am GMT cause it worked for me fine this morning...
so after 11:00am 3rd May 2008 - GTA NETWORK is down, causing PS3's to hang...
With my system i have to Quit the game which makes my PS3 reboot itself...
So for finding a fix, i think this is just a problem not with the game, but with the GTA Servers....

Also Dorelliun's comment on UK CHUMPS - What a Prick you are, Sad little person....

So will the GTA servers sort this problem? I really am a noob so dont have any idea here.

VooDooXII
  • VooDooXII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:33 PM

Disabling the network connection worked for me.

Guru Josh
  • Guru Josh

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (VooDooXII @ May 3 2008, 22:33)

With respect we all know that. What we need to know (if we want to play multiplayer, which I do) is will the problem be sorted?

FourForty
  • FourForty

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:57 PM

Signing Out of PSN worked for me. It would get stuck on the loading screen, and no matter what i did, i could not fix it. here is what i tried that did not work:

Restarting the console
shutting the console down,
ejecting disc
Deleting game data
running folding@home to clear ram cache (Just a theory)

No matter what, it wouldn't load. log out of PSN, and boom, i'm in.

My theory of this problem is simply stress. They could not have stressed all the PSN network aspects to the level they are being run at right now. no matter how many closed beta testers they had, they could not truly know the amount of pressure the launch would put on the service/servers. I guess they couldn't handle the load. the game contacts the server upon it's start, and i guess it is having too many connections at the moment. i'm sure it will get fixed.

As for the "unfinished games" comment. I agree. And i think it's mainly due to next gen consoles that we have this problem. Back in the previous generations games had to be done, and perfect before being pressed and sold. Developers took time to fish out any problems. now, the console industry is taking on the PC gaming "We can address that in a patch later" attitude. Sadly, thats reality. With games as big as they are now, it's almost logical to let it launch and let millions of people be testers in order to perfect the smaller things. but i would much prefer wait a few more months and get a more complete product.

Thats Just my $0.02.

(Done 22.62%)

Guru Josh
  • Guru Josh

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (FourForty @ May 3 2008, 22:57)
My theory of this problem is simply stress. They could not have stressed all the PSN network aspects to the level they are being run at right now. no matter how many closed beta testers they had, they could not truly know the amount of pressure the launch would put on the service/servers. I guess they couldn't handle the load. the game contacts the server upon it's start, and i guess it is having too many connections at the moment. i'm sure it will get fixed.

That is what I am hoping. Especially as it semms to have started on a Saturday when most users would have been online since its launch. Bloody hope it gets sorted anyway as I am missing Deathmatch already.

Dark Lurker
  • Dark Lurker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:15 PM

QUOTE (nathanownt @ May 3 2008, 10:02)
it wont load anymore here...
i aint gonna turn internet off, i bought the game for the multiplayer confused.gif

Dude wtf? It's extremely simple to turn on and off the Internet...hell I was having the freezing while loading issue and I just turned off the Internet connection and everything was fine. Don't be a whiny spoiled crybaby...it's just a temporary fix to play SP. Yes, I bought the game to play MP as well, trust me. I was extremely disappointed when I discovered this problem. But that doesn't mean you have to be all whiny about it and refuse to play it all...sounds like something a spoiled 2 year old would do. Just enjoy what we have at the moment, they said a patch is in progress, and we'll all be off playing MP when they get that patch out anyway.

Sheesh.

Phrantic
  • Phrantic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:59 AM

Turning off internet worked for me too, fortunately. I can live without MP for as long as the problem isn't fixed. I hadn't touched it for five days anyway so I guess I can hold out.

However all of the service around this game has been very sloppy. T2 also suggesting that we DELETE our savegames? That's a rigorous measure when they're just stabbing in the dark to find a solution.

VooDooXII
  • VooDooXII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (Guru Josh @ May 3 2008, 16:37)
QUOTE (VooDooXII @ May 3 2008, 22:33)

With respect we all know that. What we need to know (if we want to play multiplayer, which I do) is will the problem be sorted?

Just supporting.

I hope that isn't the case though...I haven't tried multiplayer, but I surely want to.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users