freshdoughnuts
  • freshdoughnuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:10 AM

Hi All,

Here's my fix for the PS3, it worked for me. colgate.gif

PS3 Fix to the hanging loading problems on GTA IV

Delete the GTA IV Game Data Utility file, re-install the game. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DELETE YOUR SAVED GAME DATA. This should work...

Good Luck...

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:18 AM

This didn't work for me. I had to uninstall.

freshdoughnuts
  • freshdoughnuts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:22 AM

Looks like these only works in some cases...

Or you have to do the Take 2 Fix

Ryan51287
  • Ryan51287

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:33 AM

Same here. Didn't help one bit. Only way it will work is to delete the save game files. I've backed them up on a jump drive in hopes of them someday working through a patch but it is liklely that they are corrupt and useless now. I refuse to start over until a definite and permanent fix/patch is in place. I'm not getting 40 some % through the game again just to have it start all over again.

dustindu4
  • dustindu4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:40 AM

uh mine just started doing this

they better fix this soon or they will have 6 million angry people to listen to

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

I seriously don't know how this game got passed testing, with a fault like this.

It's worrying, because even if we use the suggested methods who's to say it wont happen again?

R* have some explaining to do.

dustindu4
  • dustindu4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:48 AM

OK all I did was delete the saved game that it was hung up on when it was loading and it loaded up the next oldest one. Real pain because I lost a few hours but not as bad as going back to the beginning

works fine now

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:11 AM

calm down calm down lets not hit the street with pitch forks.

log out of the ps network and try again, the problem has to be server side if everyone is havingthe same thing happen to them.

DO NOT DELETE YOUR GAME SAVES, OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER

IceCool2k
  • IceCool2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:45 AM

what i want to know is why is this suddenly happening??>?

i was playing happily with no problems untill today. is the fault related to tha PSN network rather than the game data

although that youtube video was not connected to the net so forget that.

what i really want to know is whats different now compared to the original install??

could it be a virus???

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (IceCool2k @ May 3 2008, 02:45)
what i want to know is why is this suddenly happening??>?

i was playing happily with no problems untill today. is the fault related to tha PSN network rather than the game data

although that youtube video was not connected to the net so forget that.

what i really want to know is whats different now compared to the original install??

could it be a virus???

yes its the psn, or to be exact its gamespy servers causing the problem.

they should get it sorted pretty quick, they did with the server problem that happened a couple hours after launch

atlas305
  • atlas305

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:55 AM

Man this is WACK!!! I was also on the out of the closet mission and beat it. Now my game wont load. I have a USB and am going to save my files and try these fixes. I am not starting over 10hrs of play I would rather wait for a fix and play the Metal Gear BETA. Take Two your stock just went way the f*ck down and EA should pick you guys up for pennies barf8bd.gif

gamesnooper
  • gamesnooper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE (atlas305 @ May 3 2008, 02:55)
Man this is WACK!!! I was also on the out of the closet mission and beat it. Now my game wont load. I have a USB and am going to save my files and try these fixes. I am not starting over 10hrs of play I would rather wait for a fix and play the Metal Gear BETA. Take Two your stock just went way the f*ck down and EA should pick you guys up for pennies barf8bd.gif

This isn't Rockstar's problem, it's a server problem from a 3rd party most likely gamespy. I'm sure the patch will be out this week.

IceCool2k
  • IceCool2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

what is gamespy?????

evil joe
  • evil joe

GTA IV FTW

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:53 AM Edited by evil joe, 03 May 2008 - 03:59 AM.

I was stuck on the loading screen and I thought I would have to restart the whole thing. I went into the settings, disabled the screensaver, and disabled the internet and now it works. Hopefully the internet wasn't the problem, or else I won't be able to play multiplayer. I'll go enable it again and get back to you guys.

Edit: Not working with internet enabled. I guess I'll just have to pass on multiplayer until they (hopefully) come up with a patch for this.

TheDookie
  • TheDookie

OG (Old Gamer)

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:46 AM

It seems no fix as of yet is confirmed to be 100%. There's some that say disconnecting from the network helps, check this thread for more.

atlas305
  • atlas305

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (IceCool2k @ May 3 2008, 03:33)
what is gamespy?????

Its basically an online multiplayer monitor so people do not cheat or hack. FYI I turned off PSN and now my game works! Good thing I backed up my saved games. I dont play online but my PS3 does login automatically. I dont think the screen saver has anything to do with it. The previous soft reset worked for fifteen minutes and then my game froze so everyone try to stay offline till we get a patch.

GLOK1132
  • GLOK1132

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:01 AM

You say its Gamespy creating the problem, and others say if your system is connected to the internet your going to have problems. So how do you explain the problems ppl have that don't have internet. I say its absolutely R*'s problem. All of the GTA games since GTA 3 have similar problems. What I don't understand is why does R* make it wear cheats F**K up your game, if they don't want you to cheat then don't make cheat codes. DUH! I am very disappointed with R*, they should have fixed all the problems when they made San Andreas, and it pisses me off that they refuse to fix GTA's biggest flaws. R* needs better management.

betogess
  • betogess

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:18 AM

Im getting tired of unfinished games...

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (GLOK1132 @ May 3 2008, 05:01)
You say its Gamespy creating the problem, and others say if your system is connected to the internet your going to have problems. So how do you explain the problems ppl have that don't have internet. I say its absolutely R*'s problem. All of the GTA games since GTA 3 have similar problems. What I don't understand is why does R* make it wear cheats F**K up your game, if they don't want you to cheat then don't make cheat codes. DUH! I am very disappointed with R*, they should have fixed all the problems when they made San Andreas, and it pisses me off that they refuse to fix GTA's biggest flaws. R* needs better management.

there are two problems with freezing, 1 is the compatability issue wit 60GB ps3's which rockstar are currently working on and there should be a fix soon.

2 is the one for those that until tonight have never had any problems and is only affecting those that are connected to the net whilst playing, it is a latency problem with the network which gamespy will prolly have fixed soon but for now loging out of the playstation network by way of disabling your internet connection in the settings will fix the problem. it doesnt matter if your problem is online or single player, stats are updated to and from the server evn whilst playing sinle player.

nathanownt
  • nathanownt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

it wont load anymore here...
i aint gonna turn internet off, i bought the game for the multiplayer confused.gif

daivik
  • daivik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

OMG! OMG PEOPLE!! i think i know wat works.\ OK well as i have read there is a different sollution for like each lgroup of ps3. well anyways the thing that wrked 4 me is

1. go and disablle your internet oin ps3. then just load the game up and then play it 4 a little while. then.
2. just go turn the internet back on frm the network bar and ther u hav it!

the game will load up fine. well that what worked 4 me.

GTAsoldier
  • GTAsoldier

A Monsta in da Island

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:40 AM

Well. my GTA IV was a bit hanging on me but it never froze the entire game. All I did was turn off my PS3 screensaver, deleted my internet cookies & cache files, and port forwarded GTA IV & the PSN. As far as the game data and savegame goes, I rather wait for a installable patch. dozingoff.gif

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

A GTA V fanboy's worst nightmare

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:43 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 03 May 2008 - 11:48 AM.

Well after deleting everything, and disabling the net, it runs great now. I think it actually runs smoother then it did before.

I should be back where I was tomorrow or Monday. icon14.gif

I don't mind missing out on multiplayer. I would rather have a working game.

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:51 AM Edited by Dorelliun, 03 May 2008 - 12:01 PM.

We need companies that care about quality more than money.

Whether CHUMPS from UK agree or not.

mupet0000
  • mupet0000

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (Dorelliun @ May 3 2008, 11:51)
We need companies that care about quality more than money.

Well then you DONT want EA you f*cking idiot.

odiedodi
  • odiedodi

cracker

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:55 AM

I wasted the last three days of my life trying to complete the 100% club challenge. Now I wont be able to because my game keeps freezing. I think R* should extend the date for people using the PS3. Also, don't expect a patch for at least a month, because everyone on the development team is on vacation.

Highly
  • Highly

I'm a gangster ur a dickhead!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

PS3 GTA IV FIX LOADING SCREEN HANGING

What do you guys mean by this?

Is it when it is on loading screens and it takes long to bloody load?
It happened to me just after I changed my input from Scart to HDMI.

covinaman
  • covinaman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (evil joe @ May 3 2008, 03:53)
I was stuck on the loading screen and I thought I would have to restart the whole thing. I went into the settings, disabled the screensaver, and disabled the internet and now it works. Hopefully the internet wasn't the problem, or else I won't be able to play multiplayer. I'll go enable it again and get back to you guys.

Edit: Not working with internet enabled. I guess I'll just have to pass on multiplayer until they (hopefully) come up with a patch for this.

This method worked for me too.

After deleting everything with out 25% completed. I did not want to do the same thing everyday. But disabling the internet and screen saver, the thing jump right back on. Cross my fingers. confused.gif

VladimirGlebov
  • VladimirGlebov

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

Worked for me! Thanks!

But bye bye Multiplayer.

fallenliberty
  • fallenliberty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

Had this same problem this morning. Worked fine yesterday, and now I went to play the game and it wouldn't load... just kept on loading. All I did was disable internet, restart the PS3 and it loaded fine first try. I don't know what the hell is going on.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users