112 replies to this topic
gamesnooper
  • gamesnooper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:07 AM

steps to fix the problem....

1. stand up and clap your hands

2. turn in circles 3 times with the last one only going 180 instead of a full circle.

3. jump up and down screaming niko niko niko niko for 30 seconds.

4. sit back down, take a deep breathe to calm yourself.

5. turn your ps3 back on and log out of the psn network, the game should work fine now.

FLA_Lucian
  • FLA_Lucian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:11 AM

Yes loggin out of the psn make it run great......offline. guess the multiplayer community is S.O.L. thats so awesome.

gamesnooper
  • gamesnooper

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:13 AM

QUOTE (FLA_Lucian @ May 3 2008, 03:11)
Yes loggin out of the psn make it run great......offline. guess the multiplayer community is S.O.L. thats so awesome.

For now yea but I'm confident this issue will be fixed within a few days. It's either gamespy's servers or the social club causing this problem.

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE (diablosammich @ May 3 2008, 01:47)
THANKS VIVA!!!! I found the take two link above. It worked and I had a game save that wasn't too far behind. Note to everyone: make manual saves!!!

Time to crack open a Pisswauser (sp?)

You're welcome, friend. Glad I could help.

DollaBill40
  • DollaBill40

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:34 AM

Thank god for forums, because without this info, I'd be going apes#!t right now!

Just turned off the net, and SP works fine.

Edenane
  • Edenane

GTA:O =0

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:52 AM

Well isn't that great! Tonnes of people having the same problem, and some people like me (deleting their save data), and Sony and R* not saying anything. It would be great if they told everyone, especially for people like me, who try and solve their problems first, then look for answers later.

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:07 AM

Seems this is a PSN related problem then.

Everyone, also clear your cache and cookies if it doesn't work.

biombi14
  • biombi14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:25 AM

angry.gif

35% through the game it had frozen on me 3 times in 4 days...today I played and went out and turned it off, and then when I turned it on... it would not load, tried the 12 step solution and it still is stuck on the initial load screen...Man this SUXXXXX, I mean haven't we all waited 4-5 years for the game to come out and it pulls this crap on us, I mean I would have waited more to have the game run right...

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:26 AM Edited by tin23uk, 03 May 2008 - 05:28 AM.

QUOTE (Edenane @ May 3 2008, 03:52)
Well isn't that great! Tonnes of people having the same problem, and some people like me (deleting their save data), and Sony and R* not saying anything. It would be great if they told everyone, especially for people like me, who try and solve their problems first, then look for answers later.

thats your fault for not 1. thinking logically and 2. not checking to see if your the only one with a problem before you go about deleting files.

as soon as i saw a couple of my buddies posting about loading screens freezing on another forum, i figured it was gonna be pretty widespread and server side so i jumped on here as quick as i could to tell people how to fix it before they went nuts and started deleing things that didnt need deleting. funny thing was one of the two guys had drawn the short straw and deleted his game save seconds before i had finnished typing a msg on how to fix it

but really what did you think was gonna happen, you would get a phonecall from sony telling you what to expect and how to fix it, the problem only started tonight.

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:41 AM

QUOTE (Vive La France @ May 3 2008, 00:36)
This is the topic for PS3 users, who's PS3 edition has STOPPED working, and gets stuck on the beginning loading screen. There are several fixes, this is the official fix.

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=339076

However, it seems that it also works when you log out of PSN, that the game magically begins working (about 50% of the time).

It's all greek to me. It looks like the same problem, but there are about 5 fixes, and one of them should work.

Try logging out first. Also, clear your internet cache (go to the browser on the ps3, press triangle and go to tools, and delete cache and cookies. Disable your screen saver as well.

If your PS3 does not have wifi, or is not connected to the internet, I don't know what to tell you. Reinstall the game and delete your saved games.

if anyone thinks this viva la dick head knows what hes talking about he doesnt, he added (by way of edit) all that about logging out of the psn after i posted in this thread that logging out would fix it. the only reason im flaming him is because i started a thread with the fix in the title and he decided to pop in and let everyone know that his thread had already covered the problem and he had already posted on how to fix it.

and no you dont need to clear your browser cookies or cache, all you need to do is disconect from the psn and in some cases the internet. the OP was telling people to delete the game data and god know what else until i popped in, i hadnt even got on my gta4 to check it out for myself before i started posting to tell people how to fix it the right way.

if i or anyone else hadnt posted a the fix that works he would prolly have people putting their ps3's in buckets of cold water to try and fix it.

tin23uk
  • tin23uk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE (gamesnooper @ May 3 2008, 02:02)
Mine has just frozen today as well, Rockstar has messed up big time and needs to figure out a solution.

EDIT: The problem is the internet, disconnect your internet and the game loads up fine.

oops theres another one that likes to take the glory for finding fixes, notice the post was edited with a fix 3 mins after i posted it in the post below you couldnt have just posted after me and said "thanks tin you just saved me alot of heartache, logging out does work"

its not even that big of a deal really its just people like you and vival la nob rocket just irritate me, you for going back and changing posts to try and make people think your inteligent and nob rocket for coming into my thread telling people it has all been covered in this one. lol

Telepath_Boy
  • Telepath_Boy

Rainbow rock \m/

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:52 AM

My game was freezing. Mostly on the loading screen, and when i did manage to get past that screen, it would freeze shortly thereafter during gameplay.

I backed up my saves on a thumb drive: one save slot (under 1MB) and one PROFILE save (47k). I then disabled the PSN, the screen saver, and the Information Bar and then reinstalled the 3GB GTA IV data, then re-inserted my save files and picked up where I left off. Worked great... but I don't know what I'm going to do when I'm itching to play multiplayer -- just pray it doesn't freeze I guess.

StayHuman
  • StayHuman

StayHuman

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:36 AM

Vive La France is a tool

he's taking other peoples' solutions and passing them off as his own

This solution was brought to you by tin23uk

not Vive La France

HarrisonDew
  • HarrisonDew

H

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:07 AM

WOW! that woz scary... i luckally had 2 saves on my hard drive and the one i have done the most on has broken... however so was the otherone!!! they both didnt load... unntill my internet disconected! i woz loke "Oh thank holy f***ing god!" so i say to all you people out there! TURN OFF THE INTERNET!

A.O.D (QW97)
  • A.O.D (QW97)

Home of the orgasmatron

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

Well, it's lesson learned for me, I got the hang bug at around 3.30 this morning, proceeded to move game saves, reboot, reinstall, delete game saves, FORMAT PS3!! and all the time it was the PSN, GUTTED!
>>>Should have come to the forums first.<<<< sad.gif
Oh well, I hope they sort tthis sh*t out soon, it's just not what i would have expected from R*
I CAN however believe it if it's a Gamespy related issue, caused me more than a couple of PC based problems in the past..
Here's to starting the game again..

gachzorge
  • gachzorge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (Vive La France @ May 3 2008, 00:57)
QUOTE (DK08 @ May 3 2008, 00:55)
QUOTE (Vive La France @ May 3 2008, 00:51)
QUOTE (DK08 @ May 3 2008, 00:50)
THE SAME BLOODY THING JUST HAPPENED TO ME!!!!!
i turned it on like i normally do everything seemed fine , the i noticed that the loading scrren is taking far too long to load(the black screen were it displays the last mission you did)

suppose i have to uninstall the game data

Already tried it. Doesn't work, and calling Take Two now.

CRAP , angry.gif , what version is your PS3 , mine's 40GB

I have the 60 GB. sh*t!

I have a 60 gig, and mine froze on me yesturday a couple times. but i just let my ps3 sit for a while, and it loaded, i keep the internet on and everything and it hasn't messed up for a while. my friend also has a 60 gig and his messes up too. but he has wireless internet and i have mine hooked up through ethernet cable, don't know if that makes a difference.

gachzorge
  • gachzorge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (biombi14 @ May 3 2008, 04:25)
angry.gif

35% through the game it had frozen on me 3 times in 4 days...today I played and went out and turned it off, and then when I turned it on... it would not load, tried the 12 step solution and it still is stuck on the initial load screen...Man this SUXXXXX, I mean haven't we all waited 4-5 years for the game to come out and it pulls this crap on us, I mean I would have waited more to have the game run right...

well, you have had the chance to play it, and if you would have waited, it would have come out around the same time the patch that fixes this comes out. so... i for one can live with a little glitching now rather than another delay.

w00t unlocked all the islands so far, single player is incredible and multi is delicious

scubakid
  • scubakid

Steve_c32

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Just so everyone knows, don't feel that you have to delete your data and lose it all. IF this happens, copy your save files first. Since I heard about this, I've done it ever now and again to make sure I don't come across losing all my saves. Deleting them and not backing them up is just plain stupid lol smile.gif

Pie-Man187
  • Pie-Man187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:23 AM

well in a way im happy that i have not played much MP (no net were TV is, only up stairs on pc)
now we no the fix we can get it fixed for good alien.gif

Speik
  • Speik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for the help - I signed out of the PSN and it's running fine again. I guess multiplayer will have to wait, but that's fine by me - I was going to complete the single player first anyway.

Good luck to everyone else who's having problems.

Whytey
  • Whytey

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:14 AM

Mine crashed on Lil Jacobs cut scene and was quite laggy outside Romans Cabs its fine now.
Also does anybody know why it saves different memory slot when i manually save the game?

kingofnexus
  • kingofnexus

"Look, mom, i'm STILL playing with myself!"

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (Whytey @ May 4 2008, 11:14)
Mine crashed on Lil Jacobs cut scene and was quite laggy outside Romans Cabs its fine now.
Also does anybody know why it saves different memory slot when i manually save the game?

Interesting, mine would sometimes freeze for a second near romans cab place, and froze completely once pulling up to 69th street diner going for a meal with roman. (Only a block or so away from romans cab place)
My ps3 has froze on load up to. After the mission 'Crackdown' is when everything started freezing up.
I disabled internet, screensaver and internet cache, and ran the game again. Runs perfectly now like it did when i first got the game.

Hope R* come out with a patch before I finish single player, i'm going to want to sign in to play online.

Vincenzo_NL
  • Vincenzo_NL

BCD

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

Outta nothing, the multiplayer function/online options started working again for me today.

Weird, but I'm not complaining.

loxaXcracker
  • loxaXcracker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:29 PM

DAMN!! Same happened to me angry.gif i had completed the game in 3 days ( i was playing the game 13 hours per day) and now its not working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its black screen and says Missions Complete and thats it cryani.gif
The thing about disconnecting from the Internet is true and it does work (I figured that out my self yesterday night when it all started). On the bright side however now that i had to delete the save game I can redo all the missions and make different choices to see how it ends differently. confused.gif

icon13.gif R* icon13.gif

cal_rees94
  • cal_rees94

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:17 PM

hey the only thing which i found out which works is by deletin the cache. you do this by going to network, internet, tools and then delete cache this worked after days of trying to get it to work. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif tounge.gif

smithy96
  • smithy96

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:21 PM

when this happens to me i just take the game out
turn my ps3 off,
turn it back on,
when the ps3 is on the menu where everything is loaded n fine then i put the game in
go up to the gta4 cd
let it load the start thing then click on it to get into the game
pretty much every time it works for me smile.gif

James.
  • James.

Ryankilla

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

Had the problem for one day, and now my online works fine, no crashes, freezes nothing everything works to a teá!

stu.yates
  • stu.yates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:56 PM

It is definitely a PSN issue on PS3 - my game wouldn't load, even after arpund 4 attempts. I then disconnected from the internet network and it loaded first time. i have loaded the game up ever since with no problems at all.

Annoying that Rockstar/Sony hadn't identified this issue before release but they'll hopefully have apatch soon. Haven't been able to play on-line yet.

Once again x-box seems to be in pole-position.

stu.yates
  • stu.yates

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

It is definitely a PSN issue on PS3 - my game wouldn't load, even after arpund 4 attempts. I then disconnected from the internet network and it loaded first time. i have loaded the game up ever since with no problems at all.

Annoying that Rockstar/Sony hadn't identified this issue before release but they'll hopefully have apatch soon. Haven't been able to play on-line yet.

nervous.gif nervous.gif

MultiForce
  • MultiForce

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (stu.yates @ May 4 2008, 17:57)

nervous.gif nervous.gif

They have lots of issues with freezing too so I don't think anyone has a "pole-position" here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users