Photo

Is this game that good ?

10 replies to this topic
jaz123
  • jaz123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:39 PM

well my xbox broke the other week. but ive still got game.
is the game really that good :S, ive heard its abit disapointing.
views/opinions would be nice.
x

SlackulatoR
  • SlackulatoR

Rat

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:47 PM

yes

phs1234
  • phs1234

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (jaz123 @ May 2 2008, 17:39)
x

Depends on what you expect. This isn't an RPG. This isn't a game where you go around buying properties and playing with chainsaws. This is a game set in a living, breathing city with a gripping story that wont let you put it down. If that sounds appealing, then get it.

randomguy
  • randomguy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:51 PM

Buddy.... a guy in Britain got stabbed for his game, 2 others got beaten up and robbed,and another one used pepper spray to rob a store of a couple copies of GTA4 and got himself arrested. How bad do you think it can be?

StyluZ
  • StyluZ

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (randomguy @ May 2 2008, 21:51)
Buddy.... a guy in Britain got stabbed for his game, 2 others got beaten up and robbed,and another one used pepper spray to rob a store of a couple copies of GTA4 and got himself arrested. How bad do you think it can be?

QFTW lol.gif

Cronos_Vengence
  • Cronos_Vengence

I get crunk with crank.

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

Yes. So open, so wonderfully open. It is like a odd mix of RPG, shooter, racer, action, and adventure all rolled up into one. But they do it just right so nothing really limits you too much. Just a blast to play, get bored of the missions? go on a killing spree amongst the locals, go to a strip club, fly a heli, go steal a boat, go on a date, hang out and play some pool or darts. Tired of that? Start to play the missions again. Freaking brilliant is what it is.

Copilot
  • Copilot

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:03 PM

Yes this game is amazing, the missions are so fun I really don't know how anyone can get bored of it. I play like 8 hours in a row a day. its so hard to put down.

Gomack
  • Gomack

Busta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:06 PM

better than good.

josh14399
  • josh14399

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (jaz123 @ May 2 2008, 21:39)
x

its good but it aint as good as good as people make out. the general story is good but most of the missions are forgettable apart from the bank heist mission . the online is cool but everyone seems to be a noob and wen i say theat i mean really nooby. the game isnt a 10/10 game but it deserves an 8 which is good but isnt as good as the hype suggests. basically if u think gta3 was best in series u will think gta4 is amazing 10/10 and if u think san andreas was best in series u will feel that there is sumet missin.

merlinsteele
  • merlinsteele

Grandpa.....circa 1962

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:12 PM

I have mixed feelings about this game, although I 'am' 45 years old and that might have something to do with it. I'm having a bit of trouble getting into it, and I'm not sure why. I have the game guide to it, so I can use that if I need it, but I'm trying not to rely on it and just explore on my own. I haven't gotten to play it but 2 to 3 hours at a time, with my puppy distracting me every so often, so maybe that's one reason. This weekend I plan on getting into it a bit more.

I do love the graphics, especially in talking about the automobiles. The graphics for everything else is pretty good, too, except the women, and I wonder if this is a problem with the xbox 360, because I see jerky lines in the women that aren't very smooth, making the almost naked women look kind of strange. Not that that's all that important, but it just shows a flaw somewhere, IMHO.

The driving, shooting, and fighting have a bit of a learning curve for me, but then again, maybe my old age being set in my ways I don't learn things like I used to. I'm just going to stick with it and see if I can get the hang of it. I know that if I go in multiplayer right now or anytime soon, I'll get my @ss handed to me by a 2nd grader! lol.gif

In other ways it reminds me of the last gta's, though, like the riding, listening to the radio, getting tired of the same songs (I know this is no big deal, and I really don't expect a game to have thousands of soundtracks), but it's still a step up in terms of graphics at least from the other ones. Anyway, that's about all I can think of for now.

Swiechu
  • Swiechu

Slavic Gun Nut

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:23 PM

No, unlike someone said, it ain't a "8" game. It's a "10" game, no doubt - great gfx/sound, a lot of crazy details, a great storyline, a lot of humour, etc. The best game I've ever played.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users