Photo

Drunk mode

33 replies to this topic
Shoop
  • Shoop

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

If you haven't tried getting drunk yet, give it a go! It's the most realistic feeling of drunkness I've seen in a game and it's really funny to play and swirve over the road.

A cop tried to pull me over. I had a lot of trouble getting away because I kept driving into walls.

Any funny experiences from the rest of you?

Wehmer
  • Wehmer

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

I love seeing how far I can stumble backwards without tripping over.

TheAWD
  • TheAWD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:22 AM

Hahaha this sounds like fun! Yet to do it yet... Will give it a go tonight. cool.gif

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

I've just gone to a bar with Jacob and got wasted it was funny.

The way Niko is swaying and then just falls flat on his arse, took me about 5 minutes to get into a car then i had to escape the police while drunk, i was all over the road and pavement.

I hailed a cab and Niko just shouts 'YELLOW CAR' lmao biggrin.gif .

Shoop
  • Shoop

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Apr 30 2008, 12:23)
I hailed a cab and Niko just shouts 'YELLOW CAR' lmao biggrin.gif .

I have to try this, that sounds absolutely hilarious! I think I'll try making some phone calls too.

fatgaz182
  • fatgaz182

The Duke of Dukes

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

Yeah Ace. Standing still is o.k but as soon as your try to go forward he falls everywhere. It was making my head spin!!!

I went drinking with Roman and he tripped into the car haha and fell flat on his face with a clatter of Bone to Metal it sounded like the real thing trust me lol sarcasm.gif

Again little bits of realism just makes it so cool happy.gif

TheAWD
  • TheAWD

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:33 AM

Lol... I don't wanna be at work! I wanna go home now!! Maybe it's not such a bad thing that the girlfriend left lastnight for work issues and wont be back for 5 weeks?! cool.gif

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

LOL yeh i got drunk a few times tounge.gif it gets better tho.. and i wish you could do it by your self.. also i remember it was confirmed you could pee n get rid of it.. anyone know how? lol

blinkd
  • blinkd

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:29 PM

Lol when I did the mission for Roman where you get drunk with him, we were walking around the street stumbling everywhere, and Niko fell over a trash can, and Roman fell over Niko into a wall LOL.

He was knocked out, and it said "Your friend has been Hurt" so i just walked away.

Like 5 hours (ingame time) later, I got a called from Roman to pick him up from the hospital LOL

Shoop
  • Shoop

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (blinkd @ Apr 30 2008, 13:29)
Lol when I did the mission for Roman where you get drunk with him, we were walking around the street stumbling everywhere, and Niko fell over a trash can, and Roman fell over Niko into a wall LOL.

He was knocked out, and it said "Your friend has been Hurt" so i just walked away.

Like 5 hours (ingame time) later, I got a called from Roman to pick him up from the hospital LOL

Oh my god there's so much damn detail!

It reminds me of when I took a motorbike to do a mission, and there was a cutscene, and after that niko was already off the motor bike but still with his helmet on. I thought "Ha, they forgot to remove the helmet" Then as I was controling him Niko took off the helmet and dumped it onto the floor. I bloody love the attention to detail!

Doritos
  • Doritos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

Haha, I went with Roman to the bar. After that, we had tried to get away from the police, but as you try to run you end up stumbling.. It's definitely funny tounge.gif

BUNBEE2008
  • BUNBEE2008

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

I to the bar with roman and got wasted I tried to do up some stairs and niko just falls flat on his face it is so funny

patedugan
  • patedugan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

I drive like I'm wasted when I'm sober...I'd hate to see how I'd drive after drinking. Or maybe I'd drive better. All I know is the driving in GTA4 is HARD.

Braninho
  • Braninho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Shoop @ Apr 30 2008, 10:26)
If you haven't tried getting drunk yet, give it a go! It's the most realistic feeling of drunkness I've seen in a game and it's really funny to play and swirve over the road.

A cop tried to pull me over. I had a lot of trouble getting away because I kept driving into walls.

Any funny experiences from the rest of you?

Bullsh*t, itīs cool but i can admit I have drank 1L vodka when i was younger and driven a car. It was not the smartest thing I did but still i hade very good control of the car. And one other time though i fell asleep and crashed when i was drunk. So of course it is not safe but the feeling was not similiar imo.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

Lol, yeah it's quite hilarious. I've only done it once, with Michelle, but I'll definitely do it again.

JtotheROC
  • JtotheROC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

Way more realistic than Saints Row where the screen just gets blurry and you cant see. Driving is really like drunk driving you weave all over the place. The stumbling is a bit much, but it is a video game after all.

jettagls
  • jettagls

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

the funniest is when niko is so drunk he stars walking backwards and looking behind him trying to see where he's going.....i laughed sooooo hard...

then i walked out into the middle of the road only to end up slumped over the hood of a cop car, and i looked the my left and roman is passed out under his front tire.

hahahaha

Trilic
  • Trilic

Cheers

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

I went on a Date with Michelle, and got piss drunk...but my car was gone, so I tried taking a car at the intersection...while drunk...and the guy got out of the car and pushed me into an oncoming car where I also learned how to fly tounge.gif .

sleeky
  • sleeky

Neighborhood Sniper

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

haha i just did this with Roman went to a bar had some funny conversations but it was funny Rome tripped over then i went to step over him an tripped so we were a big mess of drunk tard saying stuff on the ground. I wish you could walk home it would be funnier but hey im loving this game so far. biggrin.gif

Headache34
  • Headache34

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

when you get reeeeeeally drunk in the game and the screen really starts blurring up i actually was getting a little nautious trying to walk and drive and concentrate on where i was going.

patmck91
  • patmck91

Harry Potter

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

could some post a video of drunk mode please smile.gif

nc sharpshooter
  • nc sharpshooter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

yeah i drank with michelle last night and it was sorta unrealistic i could barley walk like at all but idk i guess he got REALLY sh*tfaced but ive never been to the point like Niko was haha great game though

golden80
  • golden80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Headache34 @ Apr 30 2008, 15:40)
when you get reeeeeeally drunk in the game and the screen really starts blurring up i actually was getting a little nautious trying to walk and drive and concentrate on where i was going.

Have been playing it on my 65 inch widescreen, the drunk effect gives me a feeling of vertigo. Kind of fun for a cheap high.

a_flyin_penguin
  • a_flyin_penguin

Niko Doesn't Smoke Weed

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:17 PM

LOL first time I did this I had a small sliver of health left. I was trying to walk down the street to find a hot dog, knowing I would never make it if I drove. I stumbled off the curb and fell over and Roman followed suit and tripped over me. I stumbled back to my feet, only to trip backwards over Roman, hitting my head on the hood of the car to my death. It's moments like those that justify the game's hype. Classic.

TooLowTooGo
  • TooLowTooGo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:11 PM Edited by TooLowTooGo, 30 April 2008 - 05:15 PM.

When I went on a date with Michelle I brought her to the bar, figured i could get lucky wink.gif haha.
well it turned out she didnt drink, but I was trashed. Someone stole my benz and I had to find a car to drive her home. when I smashed a window of the car to get in, she bolted. lol.
I started to drive which was fun and then it cut into a movie mode of her saying that she didnt want to see me anymore. haha.

deffinetly made me laugh. guess michelle dont like the bad boys

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

QUOTE (TooLowTooGo @ Apr 30 2008, 13:11)
When I went on a date with Michelle I brought her to the bar, figured i could get lucky wink.gif haha.
well it turned out she didnt drink, but I was trashed. Someone stole my benz and I had to find a car to drive her home. when I smashed a window of the car to get in, she bolted. lol.
I started to drive which was fun and then it cut into a movie mode of her saying that she didnt want to see me anymore. haha.

deffinetly made me laugh. guess michelle dont like the bad boys

If you don't steal a car it actually turns out to be a good date.

Copilot
  • Copilot

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

Its especially fun to try and walk up a curb and niko just falls flat on his face.

locoswn
  • locoswn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:44 AM

I really love the drinking in this game the stumbling, the blurred vision, and the falling down are all absoultly hilarious and a nice momentary distraction from the sometimes relentless driving and killing. My only wish is that I could go on a dinking binge and cause general self distruction and toatal social mayham. I'll keep my fingures crossed but won't hold my breath that in updates more drunken fun will be expanded in the game.

rad0324
  • rad0324

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:57 AM

Can you use your phone when drunk? I went drinking and after I pressed Up to access my phone and nothing came up.

BadMeetsEvil
  • BadMeetsEvil

E-Thug

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:02 AM

How do i get drunk alone? i cant get in the bar without calling Roman to go drinking..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users