Photo

The Final Interview NO aim?, HELP!

151 replies to this topic
grimroxster
  • grimroxster

Step Godfather

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

IDK if this helps anyone, but i was having problems with them letting me into the interview, it said i didnt have the right clothes on, but i had a suit, and nice shoes. I was wearing glasses though.

Make sure you dont have any glasses or hats on!!!!!!

Noren
  • Noren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

Has anyone who had problems getting that call from the lawyers gotten the call at all?

Or is it only the guys who started over that have now gotten the mission?

bumpy
  • bumpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (Noren @ May 5 2008, 07:37)
Has anyone who had problems getting that call from the lawyers gotten the call at all?

Or is it only the guys who started over that have now gotten the mission?

Nope, u never get the call if the glitch appears. I roamed around for 3 GTA-weeks without a call.
I had to start a new game to make it through. It still ruined to whole game experience for me though, now I'm just kind of nervous of the game glitching again.

And whoever wrote a couple of messages back: nice job SPOILING, douche! (Although u could feel something was about to happen between playboy vs dwayne, but still! Very douchy.)

Jaykee
  • Jaykee

Gunner

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:31 AM

Ive just done it no problem confused.gif

I dont know how u can mess it up to be honest, if u miss the interview then with in like 5 mins u will get a phone call to re-schedule the interview.

Make sure u dont have to do any missions before u do that or else it wont let you in the building.

Good luck guys

Jaykee

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

I've passed what I got stuck on.

Bloody ballbreaking. I'm just hoping Rockstar fixes this sh*t for other people who get the problem.

Nod
  • Nod

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (Jaykee @ May 5 2008, 10:31)
Ive just done it no problem confused.gif

I dont know how u can mess it up to be honest,

Because it's a glitch, read previous posts before you assume everyone is doing it wrong.

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

i did evreything right for the first time but it never appeared but then they re suchled it and people were rigning telling me what to do, which i think should of happened the first time.

blade6666
  • blade6666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:36 PM

@razormouse : i did the mission again tonight. I first did alot of missions off packie, and then i went to francis. But now its all good i could do the mission biggrin.gif

bape
  • bape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

exactly the same problem here, still no way around it?? it sux to have to redo it all. omg, all my precious time doing all those side missions gone to waste. this is ridiculous. im going to wait and see if sum1 comes up with a solution cos i like the niko im playing now, cant be bothered to start a new niko, just wouldnt be the same!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

bape
  • bape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

AND PLEASE CAN THE ADMIN MAKE THIS A STICKY COS SO MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH IT? thanks

espoac
  • espoac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

I'm having the same problem but I'm not about to start the game all over again considering this isn't the first glitch I've encountered. Either Rockstar at least acknowledges the problem or I'm trading GTA IV in. This is really ridiculous.

TheMackTruck86
  • TheMackTruck86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:34 AM

I had the exact same problem being mentioned, not even getting a call for an interview.

I toughed it out and restarted from my last hard save (right before killing Vlad because I accidentally skipped the cutscene and wanted to do the mission again so I could see it).

The only things I did differently were that I took extra care to make sure I got Dimitri's phonecall after he betrays you, I accidentally skipped it, he called just as I was pulling into a mission marker.

That and I made sure not to buy a suit until I was told to for the mission. This is what I think is really important. Because otherwise I don't think Brucie will call you to tell you to go to Perseus, and I think that jams up other incoming phonecalls. Because I bought a suit I never got that call, and then I never got the call from Elizabeta when she is yelling at Jacob. In fact, I never got another incoming call at all. I'm not 100% on this by any means, but when I went through the second time w/o buying the suit and getting Dimitri's call, I had no problem.

Hope this helps.

EHGORDON
  • EHGORDON

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (~PhusioN~ @ Apr 30 2008, 09:31)
Go back to the internet and follow the same steps to apply again?

If not ring McReary and see what happens, it might prompt something else.

after you r done doing it, u have to leave the internet cafe and call mcreary then call the lawyer

krio
  • krio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 09:54 AM

Have you tried a suit (with tie) and the black wingtip shoes? As soon as I got changed into this, went outside, I got the call and the i icon on the map.

tarquin biscuitbarrel
  • tarquin biscuitbarrel

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 May 2008 - 01:17 PM

maybe you guys who got bugged will learn how to save?

start a new save file when you suspect something may have glitched/bugged, so if needed you can return to a clean save only a few missions back rather than doing the whole game again.

bape
  • bape

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:47 AM

its a glitch in the game, wish i didnt have auto save on.....

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 07 May 2008 - 08:34 PM

I have the same problem now...Ugh! I can't believe it. It's a good thing I have another saved file, going to try and use that one and turn off auto save and I'll see what happens. I do not want to start the game all over!

bumpy
  • bumpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (BlOoDStReAm101 @ May 7 2008, 20:34)
I have the same problem now...Ugh! I can't believe it. It's a good thing I have another saved file, going to try and use that one and turn off auto save and I'll see what happens. I do not want to start the game all over!

Hopefully you have a save which is "early enough". Because I believe that the glitch triggers before the "final interview mission", however it doesn't kick in until that mission, like a sneaky Trojan! I had 3 earlier saves, none helped, so I had to toss 28hrs of gameplay away and start all over.

Echse
  • Echse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:45 AM

Iīve got the same glitch. I never get a call from the lawyer.

A few missions before I also had another glitch with no mission starting and I had to arrange a date with roman and cancel it right after. But this time nothing helps.
I really donīt want to start all over. Thereīs got to be another sollution for this one.

NovusDestructus
  • NovusDestructus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:34 AM

I'm having the same exact problem.

To those of you telling people to look for the "L" on their map, or to make sure they're in a SUIT and TIE, learn to read previous posts.

The problem isn't that we can't find the place to go to, it's that we NEVER GET A CALL ABOUT THE INTERVIEW.

I sent the email, was told I would hear from them, and bought a suit. Since then, I can't do any missions (there's noone on my map) and I basically can only wander around the city. I have a saved game from a few missions ago, but if I start from there it does the exact same thing.

I refuse to start over; this is ridiculous.

Echse
  • Echse

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:06 AM Edited by Echse, 09 May 2008 - 07:33 AM.

So I started again from the beginning and rushed through the missons.

It seems like that itīs very important in which order you do the missions. You allways have to complete the missions on the older island first. You wonīt get a call from Elizabeth bitching about Jacob when you do anything(mission,race,date,sightseeing, skip a taxi drive) on Algonquin. And when you missed that call your game will stuck sooner or later.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:28 AM

I done this mission today, without any hassle. Found it funny when in the cutscene Francis told me to buy a suit, but I already had one on lol .

On a serious note this has happened to alot of people during different points of the game.

I can only put it down to 2 things....

1: A bad batch of games were distributed.

2: Missing mission phonecalls, and halting the game progress.

I have a backup save just incase something like this happens, but if it happens even when that save is loaded, then it's a widespread technical issue.

Tip: Don't rush through the game, and answer EVERY phone call. I would also recomend turning autosave off.

MIKEYBOYCARDIFF
  • MIKEYBOYCARDIFF

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 10:14 AM

wow, this sucks for you guys, I hope you get round it, all I can say is dont give up, its definitely worth playing through smile.gif

Makaveli 0701
  • Makaveli 0701

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (razermouse @ Apr 30 2008, 02:56)
I played this mission the final interview, a dirty cop Francis ask Niko to kill a lawyer, Niko need to register for a job in his firm online, then i receive a message about the firm did not need extra lawyers, but i accidentally deleted the message, then nothing happen to the game, no more information about the mission, no name icons on the map, i cannot recieve other people, such as playboy, little jacob missions. Now i have no aim in the game at all, It made me finish all of brucie's job of stealing cars.
Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone experienced my situation, or know what happened?

I found this too but i could still do other missions all i had to do was wiat until it was the correct day a week later ( it tells you a day and time in your organiser) just wait for that week to go by and it should alarm again telling you where to go and to buy a suit before hand

hope it helps

NovusDestructus
  • NovusDestructus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (Makaveli 0701 @ May 9 2008, 19:03)
QUOTE (razermouse @ Apr 30 2008, 02:56)
I played this mission the final interview, a dirty cop Francis ask Niko to kill a lawyer, Niko need to register for a job in his firm online, then i receive a message about the firm did not need extra lawyers, but i accidentally deleted the message, then nothing happen to the game, no more information about the mission, no name icons on the map, i cannot recieve other people, such as playboy, little jacob missions. Now i have no aim in the game at all, It made me finish all of brucie's job of stealing cars.
Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyone experienced my situation, or know what happened?

I found this too but i could still do other missions all i had to do was wiat until it was the correct day a week later ( it tells you a day and time in your organiser) just wait for that week to go by and it should alarm again telling you where to go and to buy a suit before hand

hope it helps

Please, for the love of god, read what others have written before you respond. What you said will not help because he has already waited over 3 weeks in game with no response.

gregor78
  • gregor78

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:22 AM

CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

I read the whole way through every post in this forum to hopefully get to some resolution but the only resolution it would seem people are having to resort to is to restart that game. Well that's just bollocks!! I tried, but five minutes into running through the opening missions and i was going crazy. There must be a fix, there just must be!!!!

I am dead-set going to bin this ridiculous game if rockstar can't come up with a fix.

NovusDestructus
  • NovusDestructus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (gregor78 @ May 10 2008, 06:22)
CRAP! CRAP! CRAP!

I read the whole way through every post in this forum to hopefully get to some resolution but the only resolution it would seem people are having to resort to is to restart that game. Well that's just bollocks!! I tried, but five minutes into running through the opening missions and i was going crazy. There must be a fix, there just must be!!!!

I am dead-set going to bin this ridiculous game if rockstar can't come up with a fix.

Yeah, I basically stopped playing the game until a fix is found...which is depressing.

I just can't bring myself to start over again. While it was working, it was probably the best game I've ever played, but I've gotten fairly jaded about it after all of this. Running around the city killing sh*t is not fun; I did it with all of the other GTA games. All I really want to do is continue on the story as it is excellent, but I'm stuck sad.gif

Please Rockstar, fix this game so we can continue the story!

josh_sunny
  • josh_sunny

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 12:25 PM

Oh cmon guys i jus completed the mission!! it actually gives u an appointment for an interview the next day at 12:00...that time the thing automatically shows u the path!!! its quite easy!!and after u apply the resume, the mission will be on hold...so..u can go do some other missions....till the next day 12:00 PM!!! i cant believe u ppl are such morons!!!!

espoac
  • espoac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:44 PM Edited by espoac, 10 May 2008 - 08:50 PM.

Here's a link to a (US, PS3) save that you can download which will start you off a few missions before "The Final Interview". I haven't downloaded it yet, but at least it should be easier than starting the whole game over again. I'll post again when I get to "The Final Interview" to tell you how it works.

Edit: I deleted the link because I guess the site doesn't allow it. Just go to PS3gamesaves.net go to downloads than game saves. Look under GTA IV and download the save entitled "Algonquin Isle Unlocked". You'll need to make an account.

jalle3
  • jalle3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

the only prob. ive got with this mission is i lost all my health and armor at 1 shot that realy pissed me of since it happend a whole lot of times

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users