Photo

The Final Interview NO aim?, HELP!

151 replies to this topic
Violent182
  • Violent182

gtaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:15 AM

are you SURE you all bought a SUIT WITH A TIE and BLACK LOAFERS?
i heard nothing for ages about lawyers, i bought a suit and black loafers.. a few minutes later they rang me and set up the interview.

claritysam
  • claritysam

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:55 PM

Ok I'm gonna try it all one more time, then give up and start again. If my flatmate will EVER stop watching sh*t TV on our only set that is angry.gif

EK228
  • EK228

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:25 PM

So it is not just me who is stuck on this crap. Yup looks like a great flaw with no patch in sight. Time to restart and use multiple save spots. sh*ts weak

Lure
  • Lure

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Go and buy a suit then call Francis.

bumpy
  • bumpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:38 PM

this is such a sh*tload of f**k!!!

Same thing has happened to me. Sent my resume, they messaged me and said they would call back and set up the meeting, but nothing! yeah, and i have bought all available suits.

Its been 3 GTA-weeks without they calling me. I've done a load of sidequests, basically all of the ones that are possible. And my previous "hard save" is like 6 hours back or something.. feels real nice to start over from there! im so pissed and bitter. I really liked this game, makes it even worse. typical.

Noren
  • Noren

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

I too have the same problem. Bought a suit (is it a special suit?) and black loafers. Time has passed but no call from the lawyers! Arrrgh!

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Has anyone actually tried saving the game in a different slot, and resetting it to see if something happens? Maybe getting Wasted/Busted might do something as well?

bumpy
  • bumpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

I had a save from before the mission. I have tried restarting from that save, but to no use. Same bloody thing, u send the application, call francis, the law firm text message you an automatic reply saying they will get back to you ASAP, then nothing. Nothing! I have tried dying, gettin' busted, doing sidequests, etc.

So if it doesn't work from an earlier save, I don't know a complete restart would help. Maybe there are just a bunch of copies of the game that are defect?

.:Alex:.
  • .:Alex:.

Bitter and Twisted

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

You haven't got any other missions going at the moment have you? Maybe something to do with the phone? Have you checked your emails?

I don't have the game, so there is only so much I can suggest. I'm just trying to bounce some ideas to y'all.

TheBA
  • TheBA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:52 AM Edited by TheBA, 03 May 2008 - 11:55 AM.

Are you guys 100% sure you purchased a Suit with a Tie & Loafers @ Persus?

Also maybe you should take off any other objects such as hats or sunnies.

Joe815
  • Joe815

Stolen Car Salesman

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

got out of one problem with a previous mission, now into another with this mission. I'm in the same boat now as well...there has to be a way out of this.

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

E-mailed rockstar and they went completely off topic talking about social club.

I started again. f*cken ballbreakers.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

Maybe this will help out?

http://grandtheftaut...Final-Interview

Supernautus
  • Supernautus

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

I managed to do the mission, but unfortunately, just after losing my wanted level i took the motorcycle I was riding up some stairs and it landed on me, killing me, maybe I should cal an ambulance as soon as I get free

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:49 PM

This has happened to me too. I had a similar problem earlier where I could not walk into any mission markers because of me not going on a date. Managed to get it done in the end but does seem quite glitchy.

markiij
  • markiij

Anywhere City, 3 weeks in the future

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Lol never delete messages tounge.gif . I still have all messages I ever received.

bumpy
  • bumpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

no need to post walkthroughs on the mission. we are not doing anything wrong, it's just a pile of sh*t glitch!
even if u don't have a suit, u are still supposed to get an appointment, but the receptionist will diss u.

i tried from earlier, different save slots without luck.

i have now started a completely new game from start, trying to see if that helps. i've been really rushing (still doing a bunch of sidequests, but skipping all cutscenes and cursing rockstar alot). doing Manny-missions atm, so almost there.

i will post here if when i get to the mission again.

Subsphere
  • Subsphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:15 PM Edited by Subsphere, 03 May 2008 - 11:18 PM.

Same problem here. It's without doubt a glitch, we're not idiots, we have done everything we need to do. Repeatedly telling us to do or check things we have already stated we know about or have chcked isn't really helping to be honest.

I've checked tons of different sites, forums, and walkthroughs, so know exactly what I'm supposed to do, but nothing helps. I've loaded an earlier save from just after Algonquin was unlocked, made it to the same point again............ and the same thing happens.

Because of the fact I've already loaded from a previous point and the problem remained, I'm reluctant to throw away all the 40 odd hours I've spent on it by starting from scratch and still risk having the glitch happen again. For that reason, unless Rockstar or someone else gives a solution that works, then I'm going to sell the damn game.

It's the worst glitch I've ever personally experienced in a game, which is a shame, as up till now it was probably the best game I've ever played. Now I hate the damn thing.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:00 AM

I started over (this time making sure I have a backup save - 5 missions missions before current) because what choice do I have? Moan at Rockstar and get a typical "We don't provide support on gameplay issues" or "We do not believe there are any glitches regarding this" response or just start over?

I started over and got about 24 missions completed in three hours nearly. It just sucks that I got my high score reset now in that QU3ED game. That was so annoying trying to set that.

shamit
  • shamit

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:01 AM

i have finished it and it is very simple relly. i submitted the email and then the message came up. i did not care about the message. i went and did all the other missions which were not side missions but actual missions like for ray and everyone. then a call came on my cellphone confirming the interview. just give it some time.

please dont start all over again

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:03 AM

Thing is - I had no more missions to do.

shamit
  • shamit

Rat

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (Thorpe @ May 4 2008, 01:03)

try taking roman or anyone to drinking or something like that.

bumpy
  • bumpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:11 AM Edited by bumpy, 04 May 2008 - 01:24 AM.

f*ckIN A'!!!!

I got the friggin appointment for the mission!
However, I had to start over, with a new game as I mentioned earlier. It took me 6hrs42minutes to rush through the game to this mission. I was so nervous when the mission started, and was really surprised when the law firm called me like 1minute after sending the resumé. So now I'm just kickin it outside the lawfirm waiting the last hours before it begins.

I did manage to do a bunch of sidequests (guess alot of the time it took the first time was because I explored so much and stuff). I just need to get all the cars for Brucie, get 3 additional girlfriends, win all Brucies races, hang out with everyone so the likeness percent will rise, and do one more Playboy-mission before being on the same spot as I was earlier (yeah, think I have like a bunch of those flying rats to kill as well).

However, this is still not acceptable, I'm still pissed of all the time I've wasted on my first run.. and as the guy before my said, my qub3d-score sad.gif Also, I hope that hours spent watching TV and shows don't count anywhere in the end, cause I spent alot of time there aswell.

I'm just glad I can continue this awesome game and hopefully be rid of future glitches as this one. I'm still angry though.

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (shamit @ May 4 2008, 02:08)
QUOTE (Thorpe @ May 4 2008, 01:03)

try taking roman or anyone to drinking or something like that.

It only lets me call Roman and that's it. That just takes me to the answer machine thing.

Subsphere
  • Subsphere

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:26 AM Edited by Subsphere, 04 May 2008 - 10:29 AM.

QUOTE (shamit @ May 4 2008, 01:01)
i have finished it and it is very simple relly. i submitted the email and then the message came up. i did not care about the message. i went and did all the other missions which were not side missions but actual missions like for ray and everyone. then a call came on my cellphone confirming the interview. just give it some time.

please dont start all over again

Again, somone else who isn't bothering to read our posts.....

I appreciate the attempt to help, but we know all that already as we have checked and checked, and everyone else had already said the same a billion times before.

Give it some time? Is over 3/4 weeks in game time enough, with no phone calls or texts whatsoever during that time, from ANYONE?

Do other missions? Didn't we mention all other missions have completely stopped and aren't coming in at all? Nothing more from Playboy, no contact from Packie, and the last mission from Elizabeta was the one where you help out Playboy and unlock Algonquin. Nothing.

Face it, it's a glitch. We're not impatient or stupid, Rockstar f*cked up with a serious game-ending glitch. Starting again really is the only option as far as I can tell in the short term, unless R* come up with a miracle patch in the next couple of days (not gonna happen....).

Sorry for the tone (I'm honestly not usually like this), but losing 40 hours worth of gameplay and stats is enough to make any gamer furiously angry. This glitch has turned a game that was previously a field of roses, into a field of stinking ****.

Jaykee
  • Jaykee

Gunner

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:16 AM

I am doing the mission as we speak!

Just sent off the resume. Now awaiting the e-mail back tounge.gif

I hope i dont f*ck it all up lol i will be gutted

Jaykee

Thorpe
  • Thorpe

Luke

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:44 PM

I finally got round to this mission after starting over. Luckily, it was in the day this time and I actually had the thing placed in my schedule. So happy now. tounge.gif

wickedmental
  • wickedmental

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:00 PM

awwww sucks to hear guys, luckily i had no problems with this mission. maybe you should call rockstar and make them aware of this so a patch can be made...

Goliver24
  • Goliver24

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:27 PM

I missed it to, I was saving Roman, but they texted me and rescheduled it.

jeffers392
  • jeffers392

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:31 PM

First email said we will get back to you with a time and day...
i got the call for saturday at 12(may vary...idk)

i missed it cus i had to kill playboy

got a message that it was recheduled

everything went as planned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users