Photo

Body armor on billboard outside first hidout

18 replies to this topic
gregron
  • gregron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:35 AM

how the hell do you fall short enough to get the body armor on the chiropractor billboard right by your first hideout? I know the first step is to get on the exit ramp and jump down to the roof touching the ramp, then you run across the roof tops to the ledge and you can look down and see the glowing armor, but there seems to be no way to make your character fall short when trying to drop down on the billboard lege he just polevaults the damn ledges so I always overshoot ?

Thank you so much in advance if anyone figures this out. It's driving me batty.

gregron
  • gregron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:33 AM

bump confused.gif

crazymodder
  • crazymodder

Do Ya Thang

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (gregron @ Apr 30 2008, 10:33)
bump confused.gif

what do you know about? bump means you are making a dead topic alive again. angry.gif

samoscratch
  • samoscratch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:05 AM

It's a way to keep your message at the top of the front page hence the name "Bump"

and I'm sorry that I don't have an answer to the OP's question

gregron
  • gregron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:05 PM

anybody figure this out?

Gourangalol
  • Gourangalol

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:10 PM

Maybe it's not body armour. but a pigeon?

StoNeS29
  • StoNeS29

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:11 PM

I couldnt get that one either, Stategy Guide says " You must jump over the Broker-Dukes Expressway off-ramp to the north to jump down onto the rooftops, then jump carefully over the edge of the rooftop to land on teh buildboard platform. Do not touch the directional control when you hop over the rooftop edge to assure you remain on the platform"

Again all that said i was not able to get over there either, i just go for the one in the Junkyard.

gregron
  • gregron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (StoNeS29 @ Apr 30 2008, 18:11)
I couldnt get that one either, Stategy Guide says " You must jump over the Broker-Dukes Expressway off-ramp to the north to jump down onto the rooftops, then jump carefully over the edge of the rooftop to land on teh buildboard platform. Do not touch the directional control when you hop over the rooftop edge to assure you remain on the platform"

Again all that said i was not able to get over there either, i just go for the one in the Junkyard.

yeah I have the guide as well and it just doesn't seem possible

Hugef1
  • Hugef1

Playa

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

I couldnt get that one either, Stategy Guide says " You must jump over the Broker-Dukes Expressway off-ramp to the north to jump down onto the rooftops, then jump carefully over the edge of the rooftop to land on teh buildboard platform.  Do not touch the directional control when you hop over the rooftop edge to assure you remain on the platform"

Sorry, can you tell me which district of dukes it's in?

StoNeS29
  • StoNeS29

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Hugef1 @ Apr 30 2008, 19:38)
I couldnt get that one either, Stategy Guide says " You must jump over the Broker-Dukes Expressway off-ramp to the north to jump down onto the rooftops, then jump carefully over the edge of the rooftop to land on teh buildboard platform.  Do not touch the directional control when you hop over the rooftop edge to assure you remain on the platform"

This one is right outside of you main SafeHouse, come out and go across the street to the HotDog Vendor. If you look over him you will see a big Billboard that says something about a Chiropractor or something, it is supposed to be on the ledge or something on the Billboard.

gregron
  • gregron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

QUOTE (StoNeS29 @ Apr 30 2008, 19:47)
QUOTE (Hugef1 @ Apr 30 2008, 19:38)

This one is right outside of you main SafeHouse, come out and go across the street to the HotDog Vendor. If you look over him you will see a big Billboard that says something about a Chiropractor or something, it is supposed to be on the ledge or something on the Billboard.

yeah thats the one and it is on the ledge behind the hotdog vendor you can see it when you get to the roof top above it, there is just no way to fall short enough you always overshoot

StoNeS29
  • StoNeS29

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Yeah I had to give up on it, the one over by the Firefly Projects at the junkyard is easy to find, would just be nice to get that one right outside the SafeHouse right when you start up.

Hellisan
  • Hellisan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (StoNeS29 @ Apr 30 2008, 20:13)
Yeah I had to give up on it, the one over by the Firefly Projects at the junkyard is easy to find, would just be nice to get that one right outside the SafeHouse right when you start up.

However I would venture to guess that getting in a car and hauling ass straight over there is just as fast as driving to the on ramp, running over the buildings, then (assuming you could get it) getting the body armor. Then wouldn't you hurt yourself jumping from the sign? Dumb place to put it... I was thinking of driving a semi truck over and seeing if I could get on top of the truck and grab onto the sign from there...

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:29 AM

theres like a brick thing on the roof of the building that its connected to.. its hard to get on but if you jump on it you don't.. well.. shouldn't go over it.. then you can jump down on to the billboard smile.gif

PsyGressSive
  • PsyGressSive

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:12 AM

When standing on the rooftop, facing the body armor, look at your left. There will be a brown brick wall "sticking up", walk up to it. then press the climb button, then immedietly press the cancel button. You will then stand on the ledge of the roof, from there on just walk carefully on the ledge towards the bodyarmor and try walk down in a angle. Better be safe then sorry!! haha

Qu1k3r
  • Qu1k3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:42 AM

Ok the way to do it:

Facing the armour/armor, look down and you'll see 3/4 lights sticking out from the billboard platform, the one you want is the furthest to the right. Walk to furthest right side of the billboard (right side if you're facing the armour from the building) and you'll see the ledge comes in a bit from the billboard. Line yourself up with the light and then jump, you should then land on the light. You can't walk from the light to the billboard (I tried and kept falling off) so you need to carefully edge yourself to the further end of the light you can without falling off, then face yourself towards the billboard and again carefully tap forwards then straight away hit jump, you should take a tiny step forward then jump and land on the billboard ledge.

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

It's a little late for this topic, but here's a video demonstration showing how I acquired that Body Armor:

el superhippo
  • el superhippo

Thug

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:07 AM

why go through all that trouble? there is a free body armor like around the corner in front of the scrap yard near the swings...

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 12 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

Oh snap. I didn't know about the armor being there. Thanks for the video, ZMoonchild. I knew you would reveal some neat little tricks with this game like you did with GTA: San Andreas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users