GTA 4 FAQ

124 replies to this topic
Stash666
  • Stash666

Male Prostitute

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 22 2008, 14:34)
Instead of me answering the girlfriend questions directly I will give you this link to meth's excellent Friends & Girlfriends guide.

Thanks dave

MYK [jamgi]
  • MYK [jamgi]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ May 7 2008, 16:54)
@ holla4adolla - I don’t believe so. There are still region locked games so I doubt it would work on that console.

not true

there's no region codes on PS3 games
I for one have a japanese PS3 and GTA 4/bunch of other PS3 games work fine on it

casper-1985
  • casper-1985

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 01:46 AM

What does 'DLC' stand for?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 10:37 AM

@ JJCribbins & ViceCity>LibertyCity - I own a PS3 so I’m not at liberty to test or find out if you can import your own sounds on the 360 version of the game. The general consensus around these and other GTA forums so far is that you cant or simply no one has worked out if you even can yet.

@ Stash666 - Glad I could help.

@ MYK [jamgi] - Yes if you check on page 2 of this topic you will see Vice Princess filled me and everyone else in on that particular subject which I acknowledged.

@ casper-1985 - DLC means down loadable content.

ViceCity>LibertyCity
  • ViceCity>LibertyCity

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:30 PM

I do have a PS3..........Sorry If i did not make that clear.

Thanks though mate

mfavcd
  • mfavcd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

Ok this wasn't on the main page, and I hope you excuse me for not sifting through the hundreds of pages...

But can you play mp3's? I've reached 100% so I'm really just playing for added fun now, and I'd love to have something different to listen to as apposed to the same old radio stations.

Cheers.

thehundreds
  • thehundreds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:27 PM

how do you pick up stuff and what kind of stuff? (bricks cell phones)

Dual Weilder
  • Dual Weilder

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 03:30 AM

Nice work. I really needed this biggrin.gif

LemonTella
  • LemonTella

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

The game is so vast, I had no idea that you could meet randomers and some of them give you missions.

I've seen the little 'friend blimp' on the map but all they do is wave at me! Haha.. Can't seem to get anything else from them?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:42 PM

@ mfavcd - It has been covered on previous pages but not to worry. As yet there is no method for putting your own songs into the game. I doubt it will be possible on the PS3 but 360 games have allowed gamers the ability to do so in other game titles.

@ the hundreds - When near a small item (cigarette, brick, coffee cup, phone, etc) press L1 and Niko will pick it up. You can’t do anything with it apart from throwing it.

@ Dual Weilder - Glad it was of some use to you.

@ LemonTella - When you say friend blimp I assume your still referring to the random characters? If so you just need to approach them, the camera focuses on them as you pass so just walk up to them and a cut scene will start.

LemonTella
  • LemonTella

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 June 2008 - 01:48 PM

@ saintdave

Yes sorry, should have made myself a little clearer. I only have one or two friends that i've noticed. There is one near where Romans Taxi rank used to be. Maybe i'll try and walk up to him then, see if that works.

Paudge
  • Paudge

...Return of the Paudge...

• Members

Posted 08 June 2008 - 03:25 PM

Hey I think this qualifies as a FAQ:

I've finished the game but I didnt cheat until Three Leaf Clover now the

Cleaned the Mean Streets
One Man Army
Walk Free
Finish Him

achievements are blocked! If I start a new game on my Xbox profile could I still get them achievements?

Thanks!

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

Yes I would imagine so. If you were to start a new save file those cheats wont be logged to that story and you will be able to complete the rest of the achievements.

That is providing you don't cheat again. tounge.gif

Paudge
  • Paudge

...Return of the Paudge...

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:54 AM

QUOTE (Eddie280 @ Jun 9 2008, 21:57)
Yes I would imagine so. If you were to start a new save file those cheats wont be logged to that story and you will be able to complete the rest of the achievements.

That is providing you don't cheat again. tounge.gif

Well I tried One Man Army by driving a Freeway under Algonquin from Bohan but I got nothing! Thanks for the help Eddie! I hope someone can prove me wrong?

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 09:01 AM

hey nice post..but i got a question which i need help in
I did not buy the game yet and i was curious to know if u can use cheats with the first phone u have at the starting of the game..

devvypoo
  • devvypoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 01:29 PM

Quick question::

I see that after attaining a certain level of likeness to your friends, you get some special abilities.

Firstly, for Jacob's cheaper weapons, Packie's car bombs and Dwayne's thugs do you call them and request for it as per calling for Carmen's health boost? Can't seem to activate these abilities right now.

What's the car bomb anyway? A deserted car filled with bombs?

gta 4 gamer
  • gta 4 gamer

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 June 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (devvypoo @ Jun 17 2008, 13:29)
Quick question::

I see that after attaining a certain level of likeness to your friends, you get some special abilities.

Firstly, for Jacob's cheaper weapons, Packie's car bombs and Dwayne's thugs do you call them and request for it as per calling for Carmen's health boost? Can't seem to activate these abilities right now.

What's the car bomb anyway? A deserted car filled with bombs?

In other games, car bombs are bombs in the car...Where u mostly use in missions...
An example is in liberty city stories mission "blow up dolls" u go to 8-ball and he puts a car bomb in the car...U put it in the garage of ur enemy...Run away...Press a specific button..The car explodes!! BAM!

KBoomer
  • KBoomer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:25 PM

Can you do taxi missions after roman's taxi company is destroyed?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:33 PM

@gta 4 gamer - Yes you can.

@ KBoomer - Nope once it is destroyed during the story you cant do taxi missions again. They are only good for getting a bit of cash if you are short at the start of the game, they do not count towards 100% completion.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:53 PM

What is the best way to get the Infernus? I have done all of Bernie's missions and I got the car, but I lost it. I have tried calling Brucie for Races, but I still can't find one. anuj_cop.gif

lastikboy95
  • lastikboy95

You've been hit by, a smooth crimnal.

• Members

Posted 16 July 2008 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (saintdave @ Jul 14 2008, 22:33)
@gta 4 gamer - Yes you can.

at what part of the start? i tried to press the d pad up for how many times and i cant input cheats! confused.gif

JJCribbins
  • JJCribbins

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

Not strictly a game-related FAQ but meh: can the mods please pin an official DLC discussion thread? It seems like there's a lot of DLC threads repeatedly popping up and we need a single, coherent place to discuss it.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 23 July 2008 - 10:47 AM

Two topics have already been made (and looked over) on the DLC subject, you can find links to both here.

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:27 PM

how can i add the "-" when i write on mobile ? or any charcher like ABCDVFG ?

lastikboy95
  • lastikboy95

• Members

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (tnz1992 @ Jul 28 2008, 03:27)
how can i add the "-" when i write on mobile ? or any charcher like ABCDVFG ?

The "-" is not important just put the numbers. The letters go with the number check your telephone and look at the keypad and if you see the letter "A" is under no. 1 so you push no. 1 got it? wink.gif

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Jul 14 2008, 09:53)
What is the best way to get the Infernus? I have done all of Bernie's missions and I got the car, but I lost it. I have tried calling Brucie for Races, but I still can't find one. anuj_cop.gif

I lost mine too. The next easiest way to get one is to do all the car thefts for Stevie because one of them is an Infernus. You're supposed to deliver it to Stevie's garage but you can get a second one for yourself by driving around your safe house until you see another one spawn, and put it in your parking space then deliver Stevie's.

After that when you drive your Infernus use the same technique to get a second one to save in case you lose it again.

Prfctpersistent
  • Prfctpersistent

Your Royal Pain In The Ass =] Currently Ranking 9

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ May 1 2008, 17:29)
Hi Saintdave,

Good topic. Just regarding the purpose of ATMs. Well as you probably noticed that pressing down on the d-pad (xbox) it brings up the amount of cash you have. The ATMs are quite pointless. Just thought you may want to add that.

Keep up the good work! icon14.gif

actually theyre not that pointless if you keep your distance and wait pedestrians will take their own money out of the atm and you can kill them for whatever they just got out of the atm (usually a wad of cash) biggrin.gif

lastikboy95
  • lastikboy95

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE (Prfctpersistent @ Jul 29 2008, 13:09)
QUOTE (ThePinkFloydSound @ May 1 2008, 17:29)
Hi Saintdave,

Good topic. Just regarding the purpose of ATMs. Well as you probably noticed that pressing down on the d-pad (xbox) it brings up the amount of cash you have. The ATMs are quite pointless. Just thought you may want to add that.

Keep up the good work! icon14.gif

actually theyre not that pointless if you keep your distance and wait pedestrians will take their own money out of the atm and you can kill them for whatever they just got out of the atm (usually a wad of cash) biggrin.gif

usually more than a "wad" if you use the atm glitch

Neutron
  • Neutron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2008 - 02:46 PM

Great thread. I just started last night and already learned some stuff I couldn't figure out.

Thanks!!!

pudge
  • pudge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2008 - 02:19 PM

hey nice FAQ
anyway may I know why people are crazy about the fingerless glove?? whats so special about it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users