» «
Photo

sorry but the graphics are terrible

154 replies to this topic
Copilot
  • Copilot

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:25 AM

I have the 360 version and yeah there are some pretty jaggedy parts. I am playing it on my 50"inch plasma at 1080i

cupcrazy
  • cupcrazy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (M4rc @ Apr 29 2008, 13:44)
really dissapointed im running in 720p ps3 and they look awful san andreas was better

I thought the same thing,then I noticed I was running in 720p. After adjusting the system setting on the PS3 and uping it to 1080p,it was a nice differance. There is a nice differance between 720p and 1080p,seems to smooth out the jagged edges.

But there graphics are still no where near COD4,or Gears of War,but I never expected them to be.

KoofNoof
  • KoofNoof

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:34 AM

Im playing on an SD TV, and I think the graphics are AMAZING on it! The cars look so real! There is seriously something up with you guys......

Copilot
  • Copilot

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (KoofNoof @ Apr 30 2008, 03:34)
Im playing on an SD TV, and I think the graphics are AMAZING on it! The cars look so real! There is seriously something up with you guys......

They aren't talking about cars, of course the cars look good this is grand theft AUTO isn't it. They are talking about the city, there are lots of jagged lines on doors, light poles and really everything.

Livid Dread
  • Livid Dread

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Apr 29 2008, 23:26)
Perhaps I am easily satisfied with graphics in games. I was amazed when I first started playing at times I just let Niko stand around and observe.

I am the only one who things the game looks incredible? mercie_blink.gif Just about everything from the cranes at the Broker docks to the Firefly Island fair ground rides are insanely detailed.

Even on my small crap TV I think the visuals are amazing. I haven't had any "freezes" either with the game and I have been playing Grand Theft Auto IV on the Playstation 3 for just over a day now.

Good to hear. I'll be playing it on a crappy old 51cm this weekend, I was starting to get worried!

GTA94090
  • GTA94090

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:49 AM

The graphics are amazing. biggrin.gif Especially the rain during a thunderstorm. It looks so real. wow.gif

morsolo
  • morsolo

The Cake is a lie!!!

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:27 AM

I have the PS3 version.
Sure, they're no where near Gran Turismo 5's graphics, not even near CoD4.

But we all expected that, it's GTA for christs sake, we want gameplay and story.
And it certainly delivers!

I'm not saying the graphics suck, I think they're beautiful, especially on a clear NIGHT biggrin.gif

gta95
  • gta95

Nasty Nas in your area, about to cause mass hysteria....

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:39 AM

I'm running on a 60" 1080i TV and the game looks excellent.

hbiz
  • hbiz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:40 AM

Wow....tough audience eh? I actually had to call my wife downstairs to come see Liberty City in all it's glory. I am absolutely blown away by the sheer detail on every sign, every building, every car....1080p PS3 42" samsung. I especially like the fact that when you come out of a dark [bar, club, room] out into the sunlight, it takes a minute to adjust.

After I read this post, I went back and played a few more minutes just to check out what could possibly be mistaken for lackluster graphics....and I got nuttin' honey.
Poo on you!

gboy101
  • gboy101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:44 AM

game looks brilliant at 1080i thru my ps3

westy2007
  • westy2007

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:45 AM

to all your people telling us that say it looks sh*t to get a get a proper TV

im using a bravia 46" X, $90 HDMI cable direct from the (60gb) PS3 and it runs like utter crap, the graphics, i dont mind, i like the style, i just cant stand the riddicolous framerate. im under the impression that my PS3 or game is faulty as ive heard "runs perfect" "no hitches" "runs smooth as". which is not what im seeing, and i guess some others?

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

Runs on 1080p for me. Even says it does on the back cover.

Maybe you're just blind. Can't see why people complain about graphics. Graphics = great. Detail = the main thing that makes the graphics great.

im using a bravia 46" X, $90 HDMI cable direct from the (60gb) PS3 and it runs like utter crap, the graphics, i dont mind, i like the style, i just cant stand the riddicolous framerate. im under the impression that my PS3 or game is faulty as ive heard "runs perfect" "no hitches" "runs smooth as". which is not what im seeing, and i guess some others?

Got a 40" X, and a HDMI cable (not that pricing makes it 'better') and a 60GB PS3. f*cking sweet.

Don't see why people have so many problems with it. Guess people are just inconsiderate.

msn0005
  • msn0005

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:17 AM

What are you talking about.. DOOM1 is better than DOOM3 FOOL! LOL

Neolistic
  • Neolistic

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:18 AM

Guys stop feeding the troll let him talk to himself

Lost prophet
  • Lost prophet

CodenameGTA anyone?

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

I can't be f*cked reading this thread but do all the loons complaining have HDMI cables? You won't get one with your TV or PS3, you need to go buy one.

DonJuan
  • DonJuan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:39 AM

i think the graphics are amazing, they are not jaggy at all, i have a 50inch and im running it at 720p and it looks stunning

JoeyDK
  • JoeyDK

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:42 AM

really dissapointed im running in 720p ps3 and they look awful san andreas was better

No... you are terrible go away!

perspextive
  • perspextive

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (skitzofraen @ Apr 29 2008, 13:53)
QUOTE (PicoDeath @ Apr 29 2008, 13:51)
It's your TV's then idiot, the game looks utterly amazing on my xbox360 + 32inch samsung.

I have a 32" samsung and a 360 too, and I think it looks like crap... can't find one positive ting to say about the graphics.

Not one positive thing? So all the dynamic range lighting just looks like sh*t? You my friend, know nothing about graphics.

DusterBuser
  • DusterBuser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

Lol, I find the graphics amazing. I'm running 1080p hd. I played gta:sa last week and the ps3 upconverts it to 1080p hd. It looks like sh*t cuz the game's not built to be hd. Also there's clear as hell differences if you played them both side by side. GTA4 kicks ass.

Joe1206
  • Joe1206

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

You just cant please some people can you all they do is bloody moan!

getoverhere
  • getoverhere

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

i think most people agree that the graphics are ace. i was blown away, seriously. i saw loads of gameplay vids, and screenshots, and they didn't do justice to how it looks on my TV. i have one of those small, crappy, boxy ones that has a DVD player combined.... lol.... and i'm on 360 which is supposed to be inferior to ps3... and i think it looks consistently fantastic. pop-in is barely ever noticeable (is it even there?), no frame rate issues, fantastic lighting, draw distance and detail.... the only things i can remember looking crap was the inside of michelles flat, (which you see for all of 10 seconds) and the curtains when you see a show... they look like they've been crapped on or something... lol. but obviously that is not even worth mentioning, really.

blokes obviously blind or stupid.

vodkaisyourfriend
  • vodkaisyourfriend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:27 AM

Right there's a tonne of these threads but I'll leave my mark here.

Yes when I first turned it on, I was a bit disappointed with the huge jaggies and overly pronounced blurring in the background, as well as slight dithering on the foreground. It's too much and I wish I could reduce it 30-50%. However, once I stopped sitting there scrutinising the graphics and actually played the game, I rarely even noticed the blurring. The fake depth of field effect is only used on parts of the screen you dont really need to be looking at for general gameplay so it actually does an interesting job of recreating the way your eyes focus in the real world. Ironically the game also looks worse during the day, at night or in the fog rain it looks stunning and several times I sat back and remarked how it looked like I was playing a low quality movie tounge.gif Its not a game that takes a good static screenshot, hence Rock*'s careful release of them but once you get involved in the game you get used to the way the world looks.

Also worth mentioning you may find a better quality picture by altering your xbox output resolution. Depending on your TVs native resolution the final image may be going thru 2 upscales which will affect quality somewhat. Ideally you want 1:1 mapping, or at least one upscale then one scale back down - you really want to avoid 2 upscales. "Better cables" will not make an appreciable difference to the way the game looks, only to screen noise and colour banding.

This is about as good as youll get out of the current generation of consoles. Theyre not as powerful as people would lead you to believe and the tech inside them is already "old". I'm amazed my 140 xbox360 can kick out something so beautiful as it is.

PS. CoD4 has jaggies everywhere, look at the trees and cables - I'm surprised everyone raves about it so much. It was written to run at 60fps for precise controls, at the expense of resolution and detail.

SweatLoaf
  • SweatLoaf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:35 AM

Graphics are MINT! Running a PS3 on a Sony 40" 1080p and it's the tits!

I suggest an eye test at the weekend, buying a decent telly and chewing a wet sock filled with man cream.

scarfaceZZ
  • scarfaceZZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:04 PM Edited by scarfaceZZ, 30 April 2008 - 07:06 PM.

I tried to play this game on 720p and 1080p.
I did not notice the diffrences between them.
Graphic is amazing only sh*t is there is NO AA.

EDIT: And oh yeah, f**k all ya morons and d**k heads some are crying here for graphic on console some morons cry that is better on pc-because they have not got ps3- Haaaaaaaaaaa!

inveni0
  • inveni0

Man of the Hour

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

The first thing my wife said when looking at this game was, "I guess you don't buy this game for the graphics?"

I was a bit disappointed at first. The game only looks good when the sun is in a certain spot in the sky, and it's only there for like 5 minutes. BUT I managed to tweak the game's brightness/contrast/saturation settings, and I'm really happy with the change. The graphics are looking better now. But I think the real game is MUCH better than the cut-scenes for sure.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:15 PM

What I dont get is people are saying it looks perfect on there setup but others it doesnt, it looks the same on mind and all 16 of my buddies lcd/plasma tv's all running hdmi with jagged edges and blurred textures.

I completely understand gameplay before graphics and I really do enjoy the game but after seeing the first screenshots of this game and seeing all the trailers I was honestly kinda let down that it didnt look as good as was shown to us.

I think people have a right to be kinda mad/dissapointed with it,

Either way the gameplay is still the best I have seen, I just wish it was what was shown to us for so long.

SPOC XLI
  • SPOC XLI

Player

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

the game looks amazing to me, but hey what do i know?

thebritishbulldog
  • thebritishbulldog

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'm positive that a lot of the graphical issues are TV related. There are too many people saying the graphics are ace for them to be that bad. Perhaps those who are having trouble with the jaggies need to get out their TV manuals and search the internet for an answer, because its not the game for sure.

Mr.Aaron
  • Mr.Aaron

Excuse me while I whip this out

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (thebritishbulldog @ Apr 30 2008, 19:22)
I'm positive that a lot of the graphical issues are TV related. There are too many people saying the graphics are ace for them to be that bad. Perhaps those who are having trouble with the jaggies need to get out their TV manuals and search the internet for an answer, because its not the game for sure.

I wish that were so but the fact is mine and 16 of my other close friends who I play with all look the same.

I have been to there homes and it honestly looks exactly the same as mine and everybody elses, these are $3,000 plasma/lcd sets all quality name brand so I HIGHLY doubt its the tvs especially when other games look just fine.

Foxy1
  • Foxy1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (vodkaisyourfriend @ Apr 30 2008, 10:27)
Right there's a tonne of these threads but I'll leave my mark here.

Yes when I first turned it on, I was a bit disappointed with the huge jaggies and overly pronounced blurring in the background, as well as slight dithering on the foreground. It's too much and I wish I could reduce it 30-50%. However, once I stopped sitting there scrutinising the graphics and actually played the game, I rarely even noticed the blurring. The fake depth of field effect is only used on parts of the screen you dont really need to be looking at for general gameplay so it actually does an interesting job of recreating the way your eyes focus in the real world. Ironically the game also looks worse during the day, at night or in the fog rain it looks stunning and several times I sat back and remarked how it looked like I was playing a low quality movie tounge.gif Its not a game that takes a good static screenshot, hence Rock*'s careful release of them but once you get involved in the game you get used to the way the world looks.

Also worth mentioning you may find a better quality picture by altering your xbox output resolution. Depending on your TVs native resolution the final image may be going thru 2 upscales which will affect quality somewhat. Ideally you want 1:1 mapping, or at least one upscale then one scale back down - you really want to avoid 2 upscales. "Better cables" will not make an appreciable difference to the way the game looks, only to screen noise and colour banding.

This is about as good as youll get out of the current generation of consoles. Theyre not as powerful as people would lead you to believe and the tech inside them is already "old". I'm amazed my 140 xbox360 can kick out something so beautiful as it is.

PS. CoD4 has jaggies everywhere, look at the trees and cables - I'm surprised everyone raves about it so much. It was written to run at 60fps for precise controls, at the expense of resolution and detail.

Mate you've hit the nail right on the head for me. I felt a bit let down at first and still feel a bit disappointed with the blur effect (surely everyone can see this!?) and the flickery shadows.

However the graphics within a certain distance distance are lovely ...I especially love the neon lights in the evening and can't wait to fly over Manhattan (or whatever its called) when I get my copter tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users