» «
Photo

View Distance Blurring

3 replies to this topic
ViperGTS-R
  • ViperGTS-R

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:34 AM Edited by ViperGTS-R, 29 April 2008 - 11:39 AM.

I have had a look around the forums and i cant see any topics on this, so apologies if this has been posted before (i have a feeling it has, it must have been). Im also 99.9% sure it isn't a glitch, it's a framerate workaround put in by the developers.

But is anyone else slightly irritated with the view-distance blurring they do to save the framerate? Where you can't see more than about 100 meters ahead before it blurrs out, quite badly. The shadows from the sun are a bit bad as well, i.e. when the sun is fairly high outside your first safehouse and its shining through the gaps in the train tracks, they look a bit glitchy.

Now ive only played the game for about 2 or 3 hours so far, so maybe its just a weather effect that wont go away or there is a setting for it somewhere that i can turn off, if so, great. It may also be because im playing it through HDMI to my PC monitor in 1080p @ full xbox resoltion, and so i notice it more than someone on an ordinary TV.

Dont get me wrong i love what they have done, its a fantastic game, but this feature, especcially in some cutscenes is really irritating. It was a bit of a disapointment when i ran onto the beach to look at the downtown skyscrapers and they were quite noticeably blurred out.

Just wondering if anyone else gets irritated by it as well.

Edit: just noticed this might be the wrong forum, if so apologies.

halFheaRts
  • halFheaRts

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:53 PM

i have noticed this too, im running mine through PC monitor via VGA does it look blurry :S

TheDooner64
  • TheDooner64

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (ViperGTS-R @ Apr 29 2008, 11:34)
im playing it through HDMI to my PC monitor in 1080p @ full xbox resoltion

How do you hook it up to your PC monitor? I have an external monitor in my room I'd like to try out, since my TV sucks

ViperGTS-R
  • ViperGTS-R

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (TheDooner64 @ Apr 29 2008, 13:19)
QUOTE (ViperGTS-R @ Apr 29 2008, 11:34)
im playing it through HDMI to my PC monitor in 1080p @ full xbox resoltion

How do you hook it up to your PC monitor? I have an external monitor in my room I'd like to try out, since my TV sucks

You have to buy a HDMI kit from your local game shop, as the default component lead connector sneakily covers half the HDMI port so your forced to buy this stupid (and expensive) adaptor.

You can also buy a VGA connector, depending on what your monitor supports, theoretically DVI is better but VGA is pretty much the same.

But i have a HDMI to DVI adaptor which outputs the video, and then the special component lead adaptor for the sound and then a special lead which converts the 2 phono audio outputs into a single 3.4mm stereo jack plug (like on a pair of headphones).

Though i dont think it has anything to do with the blurring, which i now thing is Image based lighting built into the engine, if that means anything to anyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users