» «
Photo

Impressions about characters in GTA IV?

4 replies to this topic
chassit
  • chassit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:02 AM Edited by chassit, 29 April 2008 - 09:18 AM.

*Caution: Spoilers inside, stop right now and leave this post if you haven't been playing it through 30% complete*

Don't know if you've played this game for long. After all it was on sale only hours earlier in most parts of the world.
To be honest I've borrowed a modded X360 and playing a leaked copy of the game, so I've been through it for 3 days. This isn't showing off or something like that. Just want to discuss it with somebody else. It's a perfect game, the best in GTA series so far IMO. I'm gonna get a legal copy to pay respect to RockStar staff.

What get my interest is its characters. Characters doing and saying much more stuff thanks to graphic details and a whole lot of cutscenes. They give a great deal to story telling, nearly everyone of them is loveable (or hateable, which is also good).

My feelings about them:

Niko: My favourite protagonist so far in GTA series ever since GTA 1. His slight russian accent and odd sence of humor under dull appearance really gets me.

Roman: A helpless loser with a headful of stupid ideas, grand dreams, and, of course, titties. He's not bad, but certainly lack a terrible lot of things to make his "dreams" come true. Niko will kill him anyway at the end of this game, that's sad. This is my guess, not for sure. Because every GTA game makes you kill your "brother" in the end.

Brucie: A super ego son of a [beep beep] pretending to be a meanie. I hate him most so far since he never stop his babbling and keep pushing Niko into deep s**t at every chance. There's something interesting about his tatoos. They are Chinese characters, and have interesting meanings. The one on his left chest means "me", which probably indicates that he is a super ego bastard with only himself in his heart. The one on his waist means "sissy" or "gay". He really sounds gay to me. If I get a chance to fight him later, I'll knock him down and kick him in his ****ing mouth till he's dead.

Vlad: A decent gangster, but has too much confidence about himself. I didn't want to kill him when it came to this. Banging Roman's girl is totally OK by me. Anyway, the game forced me to do that....

Manny: How did this moron get his place on streets at all? I mean a idiot just keep dancing and babbling and shooting films of himself all the time can't be serious about business. This is the second one I'm planning to kill later, if chance allowed.

Playboy X: Sorry man, didn't mean to kill you. After all you payed me good and have been more or less open to me. But you know, Dawyne seems much more friendly than you. Thanks for the fancy cellphone anyway.

Little Jacob: One of my best "friends" in GTA4. A good and tough man, a friend willing to get into a obviously out numbered gun fight with you. Only problem is that I can't catch what he's talking about. Most of them don't sound like English or Spanish. Any of you got to know what's the language?

Dwayne: I sort of like this guy. He's through a lot of awful things, raised into power and fell, bears some resemblance with Niko. The only reason I don't hang out with him offen is that going for a show is not an option when calling him. I like Comedy Club man, so I have to stick to those who like them, too.

BTW: got a little possessed by GTA4 recently. yesterday I went out to meet my wife at subway station. I saw a police car parking by the road, and had a strong urge to kick those officers out and drive it away. New police cars in Beijing looks damn like those in GTA4....lol

BagOfBeans
  • BagOfBeans

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

Do you get kicks out of spoiling it for people? Honest question.

AngerOfTheNorth
  • AngerOfTheNorth

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:14 AM

QUOTE (BagOfBeans @ Apr 29 2008, 09:07)
Do you get kicks out of spoiling it for people? Honest question.

I second that. You absolute little f*cking c*nt.

chassit
  • chassit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

Oops, forgot to add a spoiler alert in the title, sorry.
I'm going to edit my post at once, thanks for notification. alien.gif

chassit
  • chassit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

*Sigh*
Can't mod the topic of this post, so I added something in its content. Moderaters may feel OK to delete it if it really sucks.

It's just that I'm sort of a casual player, didn't get too much progress these days. I thought most of you will be rushing this game after you got it..... dontgetit.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users