Photo

Is GTA IV overrated?

161 replies to this topic
Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Infrequent poster....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:35 PM Edited by Valenta, 19 June 2013 - 07:38 PM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 12:26)
You can't rate a game on something it doesn't have, you rate it on things it has.

So true...

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:00)
Lol, but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. Does Gta iv have those things? No. That's the reason, why Rockstar are returning those things in Gta v.

Half of that sh*t was useless...
...I mean...
...Haircuts, tatoos, fitness, car customisation (other than NoS which you have in the TBoGT)...
Also, the 'few cheats' part, cheats are for pussies so who gives a sh*t about them anyway,
If you want parachutes and Tanks, you have TBoGT.
The 'floaty car control', I don't know what you mean by that, GTA IV driving physics were perfect, I just loved them.
Planes, jets? That's the same thing, honestly, planes wouldn't be son fun on IV map.
Speaking of a Big map, most of the SA Map was kind of repetitive, while in every other GTA Game every block was different.
Most of the interiors in SA were Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

You can't rate a game on something it doesn't have, you rate it on things it has.

We not talking about tbogt. And Gta iv has way too many useless features i.e websites, tv, hotwiring. Car customisation was actually usefull, we could use it for nitros and hydrualics. And btw why would Rockstar return all than in Gta v? Because they were FUN. You saying that Gta iv had perfect car physics, have you read Game Informer article? And why would Rockstar change the physics, if its ''perfect''. You keep on saying the features are useless, you sounding like a fanboy to me.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:11 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 20 June 2013 - 12:18 AM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 09:07)
You keep on saying the features are useless, you sounding like a fanboy to me.

What makes you any different?

You sound like every other SA fanboy on here. Not one of the decent SA fans.

Mr.Moffat
  • Mr.Moffat

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

slightly overrated by the gaming press, (and I mean SLIGHTLY)
But on the other hand I feel its very underrated by fans, who just didn't give the game a chance and accept it for it was trying to do and not being SA 2.0, and of course the normal bunch who didn't like it because it wasn't tailor made to there extremely specific ideas and wishes for what THEY consider a proper gta!

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:16 AM Edited by lol232, 20 June 2013 - 11:21 AM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 23:07)
QUOTE (lol232 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 15:26)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Wednesday, Jun 19 2013, 00:00)
Lol, but that doesn't change the fact that it's true. Does Gta iv have those things? No. That's the reason, why Rockstar are returning those things in Gta v.

Half of that sh*t was useless...
...I mean...
...Haircuts, tatoos, fitness, car customisation (other than NoS which you have in the TBoGT)...
Also, the 'few cheats' part, cheats are for pussies so who gives a sh*t about them anyway,
If you want parachutes and Tanks, you have TBoGT.
The 'floaty car control', I don't know what you mean by that, GTA IV driving physics were perfect, I just loved them.
Planes, jets? That's the same thing, honestly, planes wouldn't be son fun on IV map.
Speaking of a Big map, most of the SA Map was kind of repetitive, while in every other GTA Game every block was different.
Most of the interiors in SA were Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V.

We not talking about tbogt. And Gta iv has way too many useless features i.e websites, tv, hotwiring. Car customisation was actually usefull, we could use it for nitros and hydrualics. And btw why would Rockstar return all than in Gta v? Because they were FUN. You saying that Gta iv had perfect car physics, have you read Game Informer article? And why would Rockstar change the physics, if its ''perfect''. You keep on saying the features are useless, you sounding like a fanboy to me.

Did you see the fans reaction to changing the car physics?

They were pissed, if anything GI guys are noobs.
Luckily it was later confirmed they changed it back, and only slightly improved the handling.

Also, Internet was useless?
What about dating, missions and side missions, huh?
Hydraulics were actually useless, other than looking cool, I never found a good usage of them, it never helped me really,
and NOS were available in TBoGT.
I agree that SA was fun, but it no longer has that cool feel because of the SA fanboys overrating the game, it just pisses me off.

IMO, IV was much more fun, especially the multiplayer, I had hours of fun over there, and I still do.
The game is just great.

l911
  • l911

ⒶⓌⒺⓈⓄⓂⒺ

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

people often forget that game isnt about "features" it is about "immersion"
I think SA was better than IV but it is still one of best games that ever came out SA is the best colgate.gif .

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 14:16)
Did you see the fans reaction to changing the car physics?

They were pissed, if anything GI guys are noobs.
Luckily it was later confirmed they changed it back, and only slightly improved the handling.

Also, Internet was useless?
What about dating, missions and side missions, huh?
Hydraulics were actually useless, other than looking cool, I never found a good usage of them, it never helped me really,
and NOS were available in TBoGT.
I agree that SA was fun, but it no longer has that cool feel because of the SA fanboys overrating the game, it just pisses me off.

IMO, IV was much more fun, especially the multiplayer, I had hours of fun over there, and I still do.
The game is just great.

As I said before, we not talking about tbogt, we talking about gta iv. Gta iv cars and motorbikes were horrible, you couldn't last 10 seconds on motorbikr, car physics felt like riding a boat. Yes, internet was only useful for few missions and dating, but most of the sites were useless. You keep saying the customization was useless, then why is Gta V bringing it back. So are you saying that you hate gta sa, because of their fanboys. Every gta has fanboys, like the ones here on this section, yet you complain only about Gta sa's. And btw way, Im entitled to my opinion. I think Gta iv is overrated, it deserved 9/10 in my, personal, opinion.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

Firstly, I just mentioned that IV is getting a lot of bullsh*t from SA and then you just stared the whole argument, I had to continue.
Also, you couldn't last 10 seconds on a motorbike?
It's a matter of skill, I was able to do all USJ's without getting off the motorbike unless I wanted to save the game.
Also, now that you're interested in FUN, Internet was fun if you were able to understand most of those jokes.
I never said that I hate SA because of its fanboys, I said I just lost the feel of SA because of its immature fanboys, that's what I meant.
Why are they bringing it back customisation in GTA V?
Shesh, why do you keep mentioning V?
Because many people somehow wanted that, I agree that it would be cool to change vehicles colours and all, but not useful.
Speaking of car physics, have you ever driven a boat?
Try using the in-game boats and cars, you'll see the difference.

Besides, TBoGT is GTA IV, it's a DLC, which is counted as a part of the game itself. Optional part of the game, but still.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 12:15 PM

Name five better games better than GTA IV for the 360/PS3. The game was a masterpiece, with a complex, compelling story with three lifelike characters, who's chapters have started and ended. With RAGE, the phone feature, the vibrant but gloomy city, GTA IV had it all.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

QUOTE (Mr_Leone @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:15)
Name five better games better than GTA IV for the 360/PS3. The game was a masterpiece, with a complex, compelling story with three lifelike characters, who's chapters have started and ended. With RAGE, the phone feature, the vibrant but gloomy city, GTA IV had it all.

Gta sa, gta vc, gta v, bioshock and half life 2. And Gta iv doesn't have EVERYTHING.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:03 PM Edited by lucid121, 20 June 2013 - 04:11 PM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 15:10)
Firstly, I just mentioned that IV is getting a lot of bullsh*t from SA and then you just stared the whole argument, I had to continue.
It's a matter of skill, I was able to do all USJ's without getting off the motorbike unless I wanted to save the game.
Also, now that you're interested in FUN, Internet was fun if you were able to understand most of those jokes.
I never said that I hate SA because of its fanboys, I said I just lost the feel of SA because of its immature fanboys, that's what I meant.
Because many people somehow wanted that, I agree that it would be cool to change vehicles colours and all, but not useful.

Besides, TBoGT is GTA IV, it's a DLC, which is counted as a part of the game itself. Optional part of the game, but still.

http://www.listal.co...ewentry/3689420
The reason I keep bringing Gta v up is, because you keep bringing tbogt up.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 12:10)

This icon14.gif

GTA SA is one of my favorites and I think it's a little bit better than IV but it's slowly getting boring. Flying a Jetpack everytime I play and watching the same never ending boring anims. IV has ragdoll and it is more hillarious and interesting than watching CJ roll or fall in the same way over and over again. IV was the second R* game using RAGE and IV was just test to this engine so R* wasn't able to implement all features from SA. Story was a million times better than SA's because Niko was working all the way up as a hitman while CJ was just a bitch taking sh*t from everyone in the story. IV had phone and friends and this made the game more alive. If not internet, people would have a hard time finding and creating maps for Flying Rats, USJ, RC, Weapons, Health & Armor, etc. IV had way better physics and all cars have different weight, speed, handling. The cars aren't floating like a Maglev Train and are less prone to flipping and exploding. In IV, cars don't explode when they are upside down which means that there is 90% chance that you will get your car back. Motorbike control is hard but I am getting the hang of it and I don't crash anymore.

So, lucid121, if you want all that stuff from SA, play Saints Row or wait until V releases.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:02 AM

QUOTE (lol232 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 23:10)

To be honest there was no reason GTA IV couldn't have had vehicle customisation. This is probably my pet peeve with GTA IV. Brucie would've been great to give discounts as a perk.

Just annoyed how much the opportunity was lost since it was basically teased in the game.

However that's about the only thing from SA I was annoyed not being in GTA IV. To me it's fundamentally a better game all around with a more interesting protagonist, atmosphere and environment.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

Is it overrated? Well, I'd say it was by the professional guys. But the people who play it seem to love it.

Me? I think it's good. Worth playing. Not amazing, not the best GTA I've played, but it's worth playing. The story is good for a video game, and people seem to like tortured pasts, so look forward to that. The physics are pretty great, though the driving does feel like driving on a wet road even though you're on a dry one. Even when mastered, this proves kind of frustrating. These are not the perfect driving physics everyone will tell you they are. They're just a step up from previous games, that's all.

You'll get plenty of fun out of it and the story does last quite a while. But, bit of advice. Unless you like annoying friends, find the sleep mode on the phone. Immediately. And remember to turn it on every time you reload the save, because the save doesn't keep it on when you reload.

Also, prepare to fly out the windshield a lot, because the russian hitman can't remember to put on a seatbelt and you physically can't do it yourself. The game won't let you.

Still very much worth playing though. Worth your time.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 06:17)
Also, prepare to fly out the windshield a lot, because the russian hitman...

Niko is not Russian, he is Serbian.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 16:03)

http://www.listal.co...ewentry/3689420
The reason I keep bringing Gta v up is, because you keep bringing tbogt up.

TBoGT IS GTA IV while GTA V is NOT.

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 04:02)

To be honest there was no reason GTA IV couldn't have had vehicle customisation. This is probably my pet peeve with GTA IV. Brucie would've been great to give discounts as a perk.

Just annoyed how much the opportunity was lost since it was basically teased in the game.

However that's about the only thing from SA I was annoyed not being in GTA IV. To me it's fundamentally a better game all around with a more interesting protagonist, atmosphere and environment.

Although, I agree with you, I also liked the car customisation, but I rarely ever used it in SA unless I needed NOS for something or just to dick around with a fancy car.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:10 AM Edited by lucid121, 22 June 2013 - 01:15 AM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 22:16)

No, tbogt isn't Gta iv, it is an expansion. When you buy Gta iv, you don't get tbogt in it.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 01:10)

No, tbogt isn't Gta iv, it is an expansion. When you buy Gta iv, you don't get tbogt in it.

Still, it is in LIBERTY CITY and it is a part of the DIAMOND TRINITY. It is set in the same time and is all connected. This is IV. It's just like add-on DLC for other games... but stand-alone.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 12:10)

user posted image

You have some explaining to do.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Infrequent poster....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:25 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 01:25)

user posted image

He'll just keep on repeating the same tired old points, no matter how much evidence to the contrary is brought up and clearly explained. I'd just ignore him, or he'll just keep on coming back.

OT: I've never thought of GTA IV as overrated. Underrated and unfairly bashed is a better description.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 04:25)

user posted image

user posted image
I guess I do.

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 11:27)

http://img822.images...2/6350/jl5s.jpg

http://upload.wikime...rilogy-xbox.jpg
I guess I do.

That doesn't prove your point, and your post makes no sense.

GTA IV TBoGT is an add-on and is set in Liberty City, and pretty much everything WildBrick said,
TBoGT is GTA IV, so see it as, everything TLaD and TBoGT have belongs to IV.

They were created as DLC's, as an Add-on to GTA IV with a Stand-alone story.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by lucid121, 23 June 2013 - 12:11 AM.

QUOTE (lol232 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 23:14)

I guess I do.

GTA IV TBoGT is an add-on and is set in Liberty City, and pretty much everything WildBrick said,

Ok, well I am talking Gta iv, NOT tbogt. And my post makes perfect sense, the guy posts a trilogy, I posted mine.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 08:56)
Ok, well I am talking Gta iv, NOT tbogt. And my post makes perfect sense, the guy posts a trilogy, I posted mine.

Why don't you just admit you've been proven wrong?

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Infrequent poster....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:08 AM Edited by Valenta, 23 June 2013 - 01:24 AM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:56)

I guess I do.

My troll sense is tingling...
In all seriousness, just give up. It's not worth continuing your pointless contradicting posts.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 23 June 2013 - 01:21 AM Edited by WildBrick142, 23 June 2013 - 01:43 AM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 21:56)

I guess I do.

Goddamnit facedesk.gif it's like speaking to a freaking wall. GTA IV and DLC's are taking place in the same year, month and even time. III, VC and SA are all somewhat connected but are not in the same time, they have a few years of difference and different cities. Yes, TLAD and TBoGT have different titles and features than IV. Does this make Genkibowl VIII DLC also a different game if it only gives additional missions to the original on disk SR3? No. Same thing is for GTA. It adds stuff like missions, vehicles, etc. but the only difference is that IV's DLC's are on a seperate disk so everyone will have a chance to get it without having to go online, saving time and money. This is the reason why most people say it's a completely different game.

Also, I'm repeating this, IV was second R* game ever made on RAGE engine so you can't really expect much if this is just a brand new feature still in development. At that point, it was almost impossible to add everything like SA had. Also, what is the point of planes? Only one airport with a little space to fly. I'm not surprised that R* cut planes from development. V is a brand new GTA in development and it was developped for over 5 years, thus giving R* the ability to work more around RAGE engine so now they are able to add stuff in. TBoGT had the wackyness because of SA fanboys wanting NOS, Hunter-type helicopters, tanks, gold weapons, etc. Seriously, if I were you, I'd take what they give and not ask for more.

Anyway, Miamivicecity and lol232, if this guy still goes on with his own stuff, then just ingore him. It would be better to not feed the trolls because they can get more annoying. Not trying to be a backseat mod. I'm just saying.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 01:51)

I really, really don't care.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Racecarlock @ Sunday, Jun 23 2013, 11:40)
QUOTE (Bull12345Bull @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 01:51)

I really, really don't care.

Well, me neither, but I couldn't resist correcting it. tounge.gif

lol232
  • lol232

We stealin' all da gold!

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by lol232, 23 June 2013 - 12:42 PM.

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Saturday, Jun 22 2013, 22:56)

Yes, but the difference between those trilogies is that your trilogy are three completely different games, while his trilogy is one game with all it's (2) DLC's.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Come with me! Move it!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

TBOGT is overrated tounge.gif End of discussion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users