149 replies to this topic
Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

From the Ashes, I Arise....

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Dorelliun @ May 9 2008, 17:51)
Update: 5/9/08, 0949 hours.

I just got off the phone with Sandra #47020 with Sony Computer Entertainment of America regarding the continuing lockup/freeze issues being experienced across consoles. She actually had a few interesting things to say, which I will relate here. I will be addressing specifically the PS3 version of GTA 4.

Sandra told me first off that Sony, Rockstar and Take-Two are all fully aware of the existence of the problem. She also confirmed that indeed, there is nothing wrong with my console (60 GB Release model), as a few quick questions regarding its functionality revealed that the problem is not with the hardware. This is confirmed, per Sandra #47020 of SCEA.

Are you with me so far? Great. There's more.

Sandra also indicated matter-of-factly that although they are acutely aware there is a problem, because almost NOBODY is calling SCEA (Sony) to report it, they still haven't definitively identified the source of the problem. Everyone is calling Rockstar and Take-Two screaming for blood when they need to be calling Sony and giving them the details. She indicated the quicker more console owners start opening trouble tickets, the quicker Sony will be able to narrow the problem down to the source. You can quote her on that too. She indicated that they understand our frustration, but that until it's properly reported to the right people, speculation will continue to run amuk and it will just take them longer to identify the problem and put out a fix.

So here it is folks, everyone needs to call SCEA (Sony) at 1-866-345-7669 and report the problem to the Technical Support Department immediately, if you haven't already. They are anxiously awaiting our calls, and after learning all of this, I completely understand their frustration as well. They want to help, but they need us to REPORT THE PROBLEM DIRECTLY TO SONY so they can get a fix out quicker. I want to experience this game just the same as everyone else.

To the XBox360 owners who are also experiencing problems, I'm sorry I can't address your particular issues, but I would strongly urge you to call Microsoft and report it, as I suspect that they are probably experiencing the same problem.

Fourth time's a charm, no?

user posted image

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Coltrane's Muse @ May 9 2008, 18:32)
QUOTE (Dorelliun @ May 9 2008, 17:51)
Update: 5/9/08, 0949 hours.

I just got off the phone with Sandra #47020 with Sony Computer Entertainment of America regarding the continuing lockup/freeze issues being experienced across consoles. She actually had a few interesting things to say, which I will relate here. I will be addressing specifically the PS3 version of GTA 4.

Sandra told me first off that Sony, Rockstar and Take-Two are all fully aware of the existence of the problem. She also confirmed that indeed, there is nothing wrong with my console (60 GB Release model), as a few quick questions regarding its functionality revealed that the problem is not with the hardware. This is confirmed, per Sandra #47020 of SCEA.

Are you with me so far? Great. There's more.

Sandra also indicated matter-of-factly that although they are acutely aware there is a problem, because almost NOBODY is calling SCEA (Sony) to report it, they still haven't definitively identified the source of the problem. Everyone is calling Rockstar and Take-Two screaming for blood when they need to be calling Sony and giving them the details. She indicated the quicker more console owners start opening trouble tickets, the quicker Sony will be able to narrow the problem down to the source. You can quote her on that too. She indicated that they understand our frustration, but that until it's properly reported to the right people, speculation will continue to run amuk and it will just take them longer to identify the problem and put out a fix.

So here it is folks, everyone needs to call SCEA (Sony) at 1-866-345-7669 and report the problem to the Technical Support Department immediately, if you haven't already. They are anxiously awaiting our calls, and after learning all of this, I completely understand their frustration as well. They want to help, but they need us to REPORT THE PROBLEM DIRECTLY TO SONY so they can get a fix out quicker. I want to experience this game just the same as everyone else.

To the XBox360 owners who are also experiencing problems, I'm sorry I can't address your particular issues, but I would strongly urge you to call Microsoft and report it, as I suspect that they are probably experiencing the same problem.

Fourth time's a charm, no?

user posted image

LOL. yeah, let's hope so.

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

WE'RE STILL WAITING.

DATE GTA IV PURCHASED: APRIL 29, 2008

TODAY'S DATE: MAY 12, 2008

NEWS OF PROGRESS ON FIX: NOT A MOFOING THING

THE LONGER YOU MOFOS TAKE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE, THE MORE CERTAIN IT IS WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE YOUR sh*t AGAIN.

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Dorelliun @ May 12 2008, 11:54)
WE'RE STILL WAITING.

DATE GTA IV PURCHASED: APRIL 29, 2008

TODAY'S DATE: MAY 12, 2008

NEWS OF PROGRESS ON FIX: NOT A MOFOING THING

THE LONGER YOU MOFOS TAKE TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE, THE MORE CERTAIN IT IS WE WILL NEVER PURCHASE YOUR sh*t AGAIN.

True..

nashjamie2
  • nashjamie2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (MrGizmo @ Apr 28 2008, 22:11)
QUOTE (DEV1L @ Apr 28 2008, 23:10)
I got GTA on Sunday and it freezes and I have to restart the console it happens every hour or so, I thought it may be a dodgy disc, so I took the disc back to the shop and got a new one and almost 40 mins into the game and it froze on me again.

This is really annoying especially when playing online, my console is fine (360) all my other games work perfectly well it only happens on GTA is anyone else getting this ?

Your console is obviously not fine, as you are the only person having this problem.

no he is not it is happening to my conslole

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:06 PM

Well, it's official. There is no fix.

I am being forced to surrender my PS3 console in an "apples for apples or better" type of exhange, free of charge, for another PS3 that will supposedly run the software.

Imagine my shock. Here I was thinking that just because I've never had a single problem with my console, all my other games, movies and blue rays work, internet functions fine, my console is actually in need of a repair.

Sony, at least, seems to give a damn whether GTA IV runs or not on their hardware. The agent stated that they felt this was the quickest way to open the game up to everyone, to which I agreed.

It's a solution, if an inelegant one. I'll let you know what I get in exchange for my 60 GB NTSC console. I'm hoping it's a nice 80 GB Metal Gear Solid Online bundle. (Yeah, I'm probably dreaming, but we deserve it for all this crap.)

visigoth
  • visigoth

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Talked to sony today , all they did was take down my info.
I have 60gig ps3 launch, GTA4 won't work at all -gets to intro then
freezes right away. I sent 2 emails to 2k games explaining the
problem they nicely reply back with some suggestions but at end
of their email it says "problem Solved" . Please let me try your
suggestions first before claiming its solved. That is annoying me alot
not ,lets us know if these tips work for you but hey problem solved angry.gif angry.gif

what an outfit

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2008 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (visigoth @ May 13 2008, 20:16)
Talked to sony today , all they did was take down my info.
I have 60gig ps3 launch, GTA4 won't work at all -gets to intro then
freezes right away. I sent 2 emails to 2k games explaining the
problem they nicely reply back with some suggestions but at end
of their email it says "problem Solved" . Please let me try your
suggestions first before claiming its solved. That is annoying me alot
not ,lets us know if these tips work for you but hey problem solved angry.gif angry.gif

what an outfit

Then trust me, you aren't angry enough.

Call them back, get the agent's name, ask for their supervisor, and let them have it. Keep sending emails to Sony, Take-Two and Rockstar demanding relief. They won't ignore you forever (well, they can't ignore me long because I'm one persistent mofo. What can I say, I work for attorneys. Did you catch that, Rockstar?)

That's what I've had to do ever since April 29th to get someone, anyone to step up and take action. Rockstar can blow me, I'll never buy anything from them again. Take-Two, same thing, times two.

Sony at least took responsibility over my grievance, including a few very productive follow up calls I received from a sup at SCEA yesterday.

My replacement console is on the way. Wish me luck.

gmen79player
  • gmen79player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 03:42 AM

You guys are lucky, mine freezes about every 5-10 minutes at best. Sometimes I don't even make it through the credits. This is the only game I've ever hade a problem with and my Xbox is only 7 mo. old. THIS SUCKS! Hopefully there'll be a patch soon to fix this BS. Did I mention this is my 3rd disc, all from BestBuy!

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:08 AM

On behalf of each and every one of you, I've sent Sony and RockStar scathing letters. This truly is inconsiderate of them.

Best of luck to you all.

Darkeyez
  • Darkeyez

Click Click Boom

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 04:27 AM

Ive had my xbox a few months now. Im at 86% on GTA so not much to do now other than little stuff...and it freezes a LOT now I've noticed. Only froze a few times during the story mode but once i got that done I noticed about every other day it would freeze.

It just now froze at the little cutscene when I went to pick up Brucie to fly chicks around in a chopper...but it didn't freeze like you'd think. You know how when you stop your car at the marker and usually he says something and then you get the cut scene that takes you to where the heli is? Well...I hit the marker and he screams "get in the chopper girls...get in" and then thats it, we're just standing there and the world is going on all around us but no one is doing anything lol.

As for ventilation, well I've got my box nowhere near a heat vent and I have it on top of my stereo cabinet (about 4' high) sitting pearched up on a special metal shelf with a mesh bottom...360 air circulation there.

I wonder why im having all these problem :-(

t0psu
  • t0psu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:47 AM

1. Format the Hard Drive and then recover your gamertag.
2. Put your console in the OPEN space in vertical position!

After I did that it has not been freezing at all.
Same goes for PS3.

gmen79player
  • gmen79player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:00 PM

I won't format my HDD if it means all my stuff is erased. Hopefully a patch will be out soon!!

glik
  • glik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:36 AM

my problem seems to be different, it worked fine for the first week till yesterday and today bad. yesterday froze once or twice. today kept freezing on the bank robbing mission At loading points and now after work may not gat past screen

papa derf
  • papa derf

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

Just sent this email to Take 2...will update if and when they get back to me.

"None of the below suggestions worked. The drive is recognizing the disk as well as displaying the GTAIV logo yet when you select play you hear the dvd drive run for a few seconds, the screen goes blank and then it stops running never to revive. At which point you canít even get back to the ďdashboardĒ without either ejecting the disc or powering off.

My console is barely two weeks old (Xbox 360 Pro) and loads and runs other games perfectly. It is not over heating, nor is it even warm.

I was able to play the game flawlessly for about two days without turning it off or ejecting the disc. Today the disc was ejected and another game played and GTA IV would not load again once it was put back in.

This is very frustrating and Iím sure youíre tired of hearing about it, but when one spends $400 on a gaming console and $70 on a game you would think someone somewhere would step up and come up with a patch. Yet I read forums that go back to the very night that GTA IV was released and people were having this problem even then. Seems to me that selling a few million copies of a game at $70 a piece and facing their return would be a significant enough reason for rapid resolution! I have come upon nothing online or otherwise that even mentions that the reason for the issue is even know yet alone a patch on the way.

Frankly Iím rather dissatisfied with my experience thus far and will be returning the game tomorrow. I have been very loyal to RockStar with their GTA series as well as itís spin off games and am very disappointed with this release. Itís screw ups like this that put companies out of business, because this many unhappy customers will never forget. "

gmen79player
  • gmen79player

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:41 PM

That's an excellent post. I think it would be great to see everyone that owns this game and has problems like freezing or crashing should also return it for full refund or in exchange for another game whether it be ps3 or xbox.360. Maybe then would R* or Take 2, whoever released this "crap" get the hint to have a clean and BUGLESS product on the market next time!! Thanks R*, we all are still waiting for a phuken patch. ANYTIME NOW!

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

I have sent this email to rockstar and take 2 I will post their response when i get one.

Hi Rockstar / Take 2

I have been having a problem with GTA4 freezing all the time it has been doing it since i got it, I have took the game back and tried it with another game and the same thing happens, all my other games work fine and the console is not over heating, I see you have a patch for the playstation 3 but not one for the 360 and they are having the same problems ?

I think it is an excellent game but about every 20 or 30 minutes it freezes and I have to restart the console and loose where I am on the game so I can't save it.

Please will you sort this out as I love the game and have been waiting such a long time for it, just for it to do this, it was also expensive.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tony

Dorelliun
  • Dorelliun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (Dorelliun @ May 13 2008, 13:06)
Well, it's official. There is no fix.

I am being forced to surrender my PS3 console in an "apples for apples or better" type of exhange, free of charge, for another PS3 that will supposedly run the software.

Imagine my shock. Here I was thinking that just because I've never had a single problem with my console, all my other games, movies and blue rays work, internet functions fine, my console is actually in need of a repair.

Sony, at least, seems to give a damn whether GTA IV runs or not on their hardware. The agent stated that they felt this was the quickest way to open the game up to everyone, to which I agreed.

It's a solution, if an inelegant one. I'll let you know what I get in exchange for my 60 GB NTSC console. I'm hoping it's a nice 80 GB Metal Gear Solid Online bundle. (Yeah, I'm probably dreaming, but we deserve it for all this crap.)

Update:

I received my new PS3 via Federal Express at 9:20 a.m. on Saturday.

I opened it up and noted that it is not an upgrade, as was inferred by the agent, but the same model system. Only this time, it was preloaded with firmware 2.35.

GTA IV works flawlessly, as well as all of my other games. The console itself was in brand new condition.

I'm satisfied with the end result, but take note Rockstar...this was your last chance to come forward and take responsibility for your error, and you failed miserably.

Here's the email I received from Rockstar on 5/18/08, more than two weeks after I reported the problem:

Response (Lesley) 18/05/2008 08.08 AM
Hello,

1) Delete the games install data. This is done via the PS3 options. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Game Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, from the menu select Delete. This will delete the games install information.

2) Delete the games save files. To delete any save files you will need to do the following. Scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Game' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Save Data Utility' Enter this and locate the GTA IV option. Highlight this and press triangle once, and from the context menu select Delete.

3) Disable your internet connectivity for the PS3. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Settings' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Network Settings'. Now scroll down to the Internet connection option and press x, now select the disable option. Once this has been done unplug the ethernet cable if you are connecting to the internet if using this.

4) Disable the consoles information board. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Information Board', highlight this and press triangle. From the menu select 'Do not display' Press X to confirm this.

5) Disable Media Server functionality. Scroll to Settings, now scroll up / down to 'Network Settings' select Media Server connection. Once this has been done press triangle and change the option Disabled.

6) Delete all of the systems internet cache. To do this scroll along the cross media bar until you reach the 'Network' tab, now scroll up / down the list until you reach the 'Internet Browser', highlight this and press X. Once you browser opens press the triangle button once, from the new menu highlight the 'Tools' option and press X. Scroll down the menu until you reach 'Delete Cookies' and press X. Confirm the files deletion. Repeat this for 'Delete Cache'.

7 ) Turn off the PS3 screen saver. Use the cross media bar to scroll to 'Settings', select 'Display Settings'. Now highlight 'Screensaver' and set this to 'Do not use'.

8 ) Once this has been done manually restart you PS3 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds it will beep once and then shut down. Release the power button and re-press it and hold for about 5 seconds. The system will then boot and reset all display settings. You will prompted to reset your display settings to how you requrie them.

9) Once restarted please try the game again, you will be prompted to reinstall.

Once the game has started please turn off the following features:

1) The games auto-save. Press Start, Game, and locate the Auto-save option. Turn this off.

2) Turn off the games flicker filter. Press Start, Display and locate the Flicker Filter option. Turn this off.

3) Turn off the controller vibration feature. Press Start, Controls and locate the vibration option. Turn this off.

Now try playing the game as normal. Do you experience any freezing? If so please state exactly where the games is freezing. Try to give as much detail as possible including if the sound continues to play etc.

We also need the following additional information in order to assist in finding a solution to your issue.

PS3 version (20, 40, 60, 80gb model)
PS3 Firmware version
How was the latest firmware installed (Off GTA IV disk, from PS3 network, from another game)
PS3 purchase date (nearest Month)
PS3 Controller Type (SixAxis or DualShock 3)
Free Hard Drive Space (GB)
Wireless or Wired network connection
Internet Connection Type (Cable, ADSL, Etc)
HD or Standard TV
Resolution (HD only)
Any other OS installed
Customer ([withheld]) 16/05/2008 05.55 PM
I own a 60 GB PS3 and bought this version of the game. It installed seemingly fine, but it will NOT run. No matter what I do. I'm not connected to the internet, and never was. That feature is disabled. All of the other 12 steps that was recommended by Take Two were also taken to no avail.

All of my other PS3 games work just fine and I've never had a problem. I run in standard 480 resolution.

Please patch this; I want so much to play this game. The retailer I bought it from will NOT take it back.

Please help us.

[withheld]

So, as you can clearly see, Rockstar and Take Two really aren't applying their skills to resolution of this problem as much as damage control. Big surprise.

That's okay Rockstar and Take Two. Plenty of us out here will remember this bullsh*t treatment for years. Good luck ever selling us anything again.

We're about as forgiving as loan sharks when you can't even take responsibility for your defective products.

Coltrane's Muse
  • Coltrane's Muse

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

So, now that you're reasonably sated, does the game live up to your expectations?

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ May 19 2008, 12:19)
I have sent this email to rockstar and take 2 I will post their response when i get one.

Hi Rockstar / Take 2

I have been having a problem with GTA4 freezing all the time it has been doing it since i got it, I have took the game back and tried it with another game and the same thing happens, all my other games work fine and the console is not over heating, I see you have a patch for the playstation 3 but not one for the 360 and they are having the same problems ?

I think it is an excellent game but about every 20 or 30 minutes it freezes and I have to restart the console and loose where I am on the game so I can't save it.

Please will you sort this out as I love the game and have been waiting such a long time for it, just for it to do this, it was also expensive.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Tony

Well I got a stupid automated response that does not work

Please try the following troubleshooting steps to fully troubleshoot the problem you are having.

1. Restart the console.

2. Consider whether the issue has occurred more than one time. If this is the first time that you have experienced this behaviour, the issue may not occur again, and troubleshooting may be unnecessary.

3. Determine whether the Xbox 360 console is well-ventilated and is not near a heat source. * If the Xbox 360 console is in a poorly ventilated location, turn off the console, and then move it to a location that has sufficient ventilation, such as on top of a table or on an open shelf. If the issue is resolved, the previous location likely did not provide sufficient ventilation for the Xbox 360 console to function correctly.

* Heat sources include TVs, computers, monitors, and other electrical devices. Switch off the console and move it away from the heat source, or switch off the heat source and move it away from the console.
* View the Xbox 360 instruction manual for information about correct placement of the console.

4. Turn off the system, and then remove all the accessories that are attached. This includes the Xbox Hard Drive. Test to see whether the problem still occurs.

5. If the issue does not occur when the hard drive is detached, try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache. With the Xbox 360 Hard Drive attached to the console, follow these steps:
a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.
c. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.
d. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.

6. If this problem occurs with the hard drive attached and clearing the cache did not resolve the issue, create a new gamer profile, and then test to see whether the issue still occurs. If the issue does not occur when you use a new gamer profile, the issue may be related to the original gamer profile or saved game information for one or more games that are associated with the original gamer profile. To verify this, delete the saved games for all games that show this problem for the original gamer profile.

7. If the problem only occurs with games when you are play online with Xbox Live, this issue could be related to Internet connectivity. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
909817 (http://support.Micro....com/kb/909817/) You experience poor performance on Xbox Live whether you use an Xbox 360 console or an original Xbox console

8. If your console is a PAL console, try setting your PAL setting to PAL 60. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
917304 (http://support.Micro....com/kb/917304/) Xbox 360: Your Xbox 360 console is set to PAL 50 Hz and you cannot play an Xbox 360 game on your console

9. Determine whether the disc that you are using is the cause of the issue by testing several similar Xbox 360-compatible discs in the console. Use a disc of the same type, such as a game disc, a DVD movie, or a music CD, to test whether the problem is the specific disc.

For disc-specific issues, check the disc for any visible signs of damage or dirt. Hold the disc by the edges without touching the top or bottom surface with your fingers. Clean the disc by using a soft cloth. Lightly wipe from the centre outwards. Do not use solvents or chemicals to clean the disc.

If this problem occurs with only one disc and cleaning the disc did not resolve the issue, search the Microsoft Knowledge Base to determine whether the particular disc has any known issues, and then go to step 11. If there are no known issues, exchange the disc at a retail location.

Hellsteeth30
  • Hellsteeth30

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:26 PM

Clearing the cache STOPPED my copy from working rather than the other way around, I cleared the cache for Oblivion and when I went back to GTA IV it didn't work any more, well it does, but only with the hard drive dis-attached which is obviously no use to me whatsoever. I would reformat my drive and try that if it wasn't for all the DLC and valuable save games on it.

cat33
  • cat33

Thug

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

Lately I've been having the same problem. I got my 40GB PS3 for Christmas 2007 because i knew GTA IV was coming out sometime in April. So I went out and bought Need for Speed Pro Street for the PS3 and i beat the game a began playing online and got COD4 and played it, beat the storyline, and played online alot. Then I quit playing COD4 when GTA IV came out and I played through the story line with no problem and beat it around 2-3 days ago. I began crusing around and stuff and noticing my textures were taking a second or two longer to load only in certain places but not very often and then I started playing online and I got on couple of games. Then, last night I tried Race on MP and i did one lap and on the second one it just froze and i was like "huh...thats weird" because itd never froze before then. So I turned it on this morning and played about 10-12 minutes and it just froze so, i was like "sh*t". Turned it off, tried it again, same thing. What should i do? Call Sony?

Marbs
  • Marbs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 May 2008 - 02:30 PM

360 freezing solution: Get a fkn big fan and point it right at the machine.
Should allow you to at least play for a couple hours before freezing.
Only works for some.
(See my other post)

DEV1L
  • DEV1L

Dancer

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:37 AM

well I have now traded my GTA 4 for Race driver GRID it is very good, and it works, I am very dissapointed with take 2 and rockstar for not solving this issue, and will think twice about buying any of there products again, they have not even acknowledged that the problem exists, I can't believe how long I have waited for this game and how happy I was when I got it, just for this to happen I was looking forward to midnight club LA but I think I will give that a miss now.

bronxvirus
  • bronxvirus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ Apr 28 2008, 22:10)
I got GTA on Sunday and it freezes and I have to restart the console it happens every hour or so, I thought it may be a dodgy disc, so I took the disc back to the shop and got a new one and almost 40 mins into the game and it froze on me again.

This is really annoying especially when playing online, my console is fine (360) all my other games work perfectly well it only happens on GTA is anyone else getting this ?

HEY SAME THING HAPPENS WITH My 360 BUT I HAVE A HITACHI DRIVE. SAME EXACT THING I HAVE MY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE CHECK IT OUT>

Cyrius
  • Cyrius

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:28 PM

The problem you 360 users are describing, is exactly how I would describe the problem I have with my PS3.
In the middle of gameplay it frezzes up randomely,
all between 5 min and 2 hours.

Only sometime, just a few seconds before it freezes I sometime get some graphic errors, street disapering, fences inviseble, and then it freezes.
It did freeze one time on me in BURNOUT 5 online to exactly the same way, but with GTA 4 it happens all the time.

In 2 months, it will be one year since I bhought my PS3 so I still have the varenty. Gonna send it in and hope they find something wrong with it.
Hopefully they give me a new one.

But as long as it works Im happy!

OmniAtlas
  • OmniAtlas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

My PS3 just died. Guess which game was the culprit?? sarcasm.gif

I had no problems playing GTA IV previously..in fact it was flawless single player and I never had a crash. I finish the game about a week ago. Today I'm playing and 5 minutes in it crashes, next thing I know, my system doesn't want to turn on. Heres a video of my PS3 not starting up:

I have the 60 GB launch PS3, running the latest firmware and GTA IV patched to 1.01. I don't understand how software can completely break the system. This is ridiculous.

badger4232
  • badger4232

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 02:32 AM

my 360 constantly freezes on GTA, almost everytime I play. It starts to lag and makes a weird clicky noise. This is the wonderful refurb i got after i had the RROD. Would they repair an xbox that freezes a lot or only things like the RROD?

OmniAtlas
  • OmniAtlas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (cat33 @ May 29 2008, 20:44)
Lately I've been having the same problem. I got my 40GB PS3 for Christmas 2007 because i knew GTA IV was coming out sometime in April. So I went out and bought Need for Speed Pro Street for the PS3 and i beat the game a began playing online and got COD4 and played it, beat the storyline, and played online alot. Then I quit playing COD4 when GTA IV came out and I played through the story line with no problem and beat it around 2-3 days ago. I began crusing around and stuff and noticing my textures were taking a second or two longer to load only in certain places but not very often and then I started playing online and I got on couple of games. Then, last night I tried Race on MP and i did one lap and on the second one it just froze and i was like "huh...thats weird" because itd never froze before then. So I turned it on this morning and played about 10-12 minutes and it just froze so, i was like "sh*t". Turned it off, tried it again, same thing. What should i do? Call Sony?

Its really weird, but my system crashing also started AFTER I beat the game. I had no problems with single player before then. I sent it in to Sony for a replacement because my stupid ps3 red-lighted on me and won't even turn on.

Is this a Sony problem or a rockstar problem? I didn't know software could screwup the hardware in such a bad way.

Anyway, now my savegames are gone and i'm looking for a 68% complete save game so I can do all the side missions.

KingyThePothead
  • KingyThePothead

Smoker of Da'Herb!

• Members

Posted 12 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (DEV1L @ Apr 28 2008, 22:29)
every other game is fine tho, I have been playing loads of games on it, and they all work perfectly fine.

the RRoD is a funny thing, certainly sounds like the signs are there..... it doesnt always work with every game, and can only effect 1 until it hits proper... been through 4 xbox's and moved onto ps3, best choice ever.

the game that got me was saints row, every other game worked fine, but that one frooze now and again, then a couple of weeks later and RRoD strikes!

be carefull, move your machine to a well ventalated area, on its own, and off the ground.... make sure its NOT standing up as this causes problems aswell. Always keep it lying flat, and start looking for your receipts and warrenty just incase.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users