Quantcast

» «
Photo

Anyone else not like the new cheat system?

21 replies to this topic
josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

Alright, I did a search, didn't find anything... It's pretty sad when you have to say that to avoid being flamed... But, people are rude, so what can you say...

Anyway, I saw the new cheat system, and I've got to say, I really don't like it. Instead of a sequence of buttons, you have to enter a number into Niko's phone. It's going to take a bit longer, unless you can use a keyboard...

I know, there are people who are going to say, "I don't use cheats."

Well, great for you, if you don't use cheats, that's awesome for you, but some of us do.

Anyway, do you like, or dislike, the new cheat system?

I like the concept of it, using the cell phone and everything, but now you have to press many more buttons in order to enter a cheat code, in my opinion it's kind of inconvenient.

Edit: Mods, I know there's a cheat topic, but I wasn't discussing a specific cheat, so I figured it was ok to post here, if not, please move/lock.

lagge92
  • lagge92

nub-cake

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

they get saved in your phonebook under "cheats" i believe

Drake1212
  • Drake1212

Street Cat

• Members

Cheats are for idiots who cant complete even the easiest mission without using a health cheat.

bruma28
  • bruma28

Player Hater

• Members

the chaet system is similer to saints row. i like it was hopeing itll be done that way icon14.gif

Paulski
  • Paulski

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

I liked the old ways..

They was easy to put it and you can do it quickly biggrin.gif

tommo400
  • tommo400

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

I hope the cheats are saved to your phone, I don't want to have to type those long numbers in each time.
And I don't cheat when playing through the story, just for F*cking around in free roam.

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Drake1212 @ Apr 28 2008, 11:43)
Cheats are for idiots who cant complete even the easiest mission without using a health cheat.

They are not.

I, for one, use cheats to have fun.

You need to check yourself, I do believe.

Riot cheat, city in chaos cheat, all peds have weapons cheat... Does that stuff just happen normally? Nope...

Also, if someone uses a cheat code, how does it affect you? It doesn't. It doesn't affect you in the tiniest bit... Why did you feel the need to insult a large group of people?

Kaphis
  • Kaphis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:51 PM

typing in numbers in a cellphone is a breeze in the game.

GTA_Sweden
  • GTA_Sweden

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:52 PM

Guess its ok

Fanboys=Retards
  • Fanboys=Retards

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (josh995 @ Apr 28 2008, 17:41)
Alright, I did a search, didn't find anything... It's pretty sad when you have to say that to avoid being flamed... But, people are rude, so what can you say...

Anyway, I saw the new cheat system, and I've got to say, I really don't like it. Instead of a sequence of buttons, you have to enter a number into Niko's phone. It's going to take a bit longer, unless you can use a keyboard...

Well, great for you, if you don't use cheats, that's awesome for you, but some of us do.

I like the concept of it, using the cell phone and everything, but now you have to press many more buttons in order to enter a cheat code, in my opinion it's kind of inconvenient.

Edit: Mods, I know there's a cheat topic, but I wasn't discussing a specific cheat, so I figured it was ok to post here, if not, please move/lock.

You are a nit-picking fag. Who cares.

ZOMGWTFBBQ, I don't like the cheat system guise!!!1!!1!11 Its not the same!!!! Why can't I get drunk with my friends online!!111!!

wutangblade
  • wutangblade

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:24 PM

It does seem a bit awkward tbh but hopefully there'll be a shorter way of doing it than putting the code in

wweadz
  • wweadz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Paulski @ Apr 28 2008, 17:44)
I liked the old ways..

They was easy to put it and you can do it quickly biggrin.gif

True but if you can save the cheats into the phonebook under cheats like lagge92 said then its quicker to do it the new way, Open phone, view cheats selet cheat done.

Jonny2410
  • Jonny2410

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE (Fanboys=Retards @ Apr 28 2008, 18:21)
QUOTE (josh995 @ Apr 28 2008, 17:41)

You are a nit-picking fag. Who cares.

ZOMGWTFBBQ, I don't like the cheat system guise!!!1!!1!11 Its not the same!!!! Why can't I get drunk with my friends online!!111!!

I knew people like you would respond like that - biggrin.gif arsehole , - as for OP i think your right and it could get annoying

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Fanboys=Retards @ Apr 28 2008, 12:21)
You are a nit-picking fag.  Who cares.

ZOMGWTFBBQ, I don't like the cheat system guise!!!1!!1!11  Its not the same!!!!  Why can't I get drunk with my friends online!!111!!

Please explain to me how me not liking the new cheat system makes me a homosexual, I'd love to know.

Also, when did I ever say I wanted to "get drunk with my friends online!!111!!" can you please point that part out to me?

And lastly, I want to see you go the rest of your forum life without expressing your opinion towards something, ok?

Because, that's what I am doing, expressing my opinion.

Damn teenager.

Jack The Thrasher
  • Jack The Thrasher

The Art Of Partying

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:31 PM

i think its much, much better. no more trying to remember massive codes and spending ages typing them in. These are easier to use and easier to remember, plus with the old codes you'd always shoot when you didnt want to or do something like that cos you were pressing loads of different buttons.

Obey
  • Obey

The Funk Prodigy

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (Drake1212 @ Apr 28 2008, 17:43)

i think someone has a small penis sarcasm.gif jk, or maybe i'm being deadly serious, who knows.

but i dont mind the new cheat system. i only use cheats after i've finished the game and just want to piss about. so i'm sure i'll get used to it

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (lagge92 @ Apr 28 2008, 17:43)
they get saved in your phonebook under "cheats" i believe

I was concerned about this also but that makes it sound ok

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE (mufc @ Apr 28 2008, 12:33)
QUOTE (lagge92 @ Apr 28 2008, 17:43)
they get saved  in your phonebook under "cheats" i believe

I was concerned about this also but that makes it sound ok

Yes, I agree. If they really do save, then I have no problem with the new cheat system, in fact, I think it's better. It'd be nice to just type it in once and have the phone save it, and then when you wanted to use a cheat code, just scroll down the list and hit enter. Nice, and convenient. smile.gif

tooji
  • tooji

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:35 PM

I dont use cheats for missions or anything, (I want the achievments) but I use them to fool around. I Actually find this easier than pressing button sequences super fast cuase it would usually take me a couple of times before I got it right without messing up.

MalR
  • MalR

Vag gremlin

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:36 PM

The old way required you to run in circles and accidentally shoot people in the face, only to get it wrong and try again.

MultiForce
  • MultiForce

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (MalR @ Apr 28 2008, 20:36)
The old way required you to run in circles and accidentally shoot people in the face, only to get it wrong and try again.

I was thinking the same thing but I had to laugh when I read that biggrin.gif

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 April 2008 - 03:18 AM

A phone number is much better than doing a dance.

Where did the cheat information originate? It's not in the strategy guide (unless it's hidden in the walkthrough I'm not reading).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users