Photo

So, anyone get the Stimulus payment?

34 replies to this topic
Haywire22
  • Haywire22

RIP Dimebag, riff on!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:26 PM

USA forum users will know what I'm talking about. The few here who pay taxes, I'm sure you have heard the payments are being released early to direct deposit tax payers. Some kind of software development. If you filed your taxes back whenever you did and chose to have your return sent to a direct deposit, your stimulus will be sent to you via direct deposit as well.

If your social security number ends in 00-25 they will start being sent this week. Today was the first day of them being sent. Has anyone got it yet? I'm in the first wave of payments, hope to get mine soon.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:28 PM

How much will you get?

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:30 PM

Some sort of rebate or what?

Haywire22
  • Haywire22

RIP Dimebag, riff on!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

http://www.irs.gov/i...=177937,00.html

Basically, since the US Economy is in the sh*tter right now, the government is handing out money to those who qualify. If you filed your taxes on time and don't owe any taxes, you'll get a stimulus payment ranging from 300$ to 1200$. You also have to make more than 5000$ that year too. And with that payment, you're supposed to go spend it immediately so it "stimulates" the economy. I think I'm getting about 500$

I'm just curious as to where that money is actually coming from, considering we're what, 270 trillion in debt? Either way, it's ok I guess. I'm worried about inflation though... the greenback is already dead as it is.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

sh*t. They started sending this out already? I fit within the first wave, and I did direct deposit at well. I didn't think they were sending this stuff out until at least mid May if not June or July. Glad to see they are getting on top of this. An extra 300 or so dollars will do me nicely for the coming month.

But I think just for sh*ts and giggles I will have to spend some of my government issued money to buy some of the wonderful "illegal" plant known as marijuana.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

Uhh, aren't you supposed to be dead? Blown up in a helicopter or something?

Anyway, I was all excited about this until I remembered that I didn't work the 2007 tax year. sad.gif

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:21 PM

I filled my taxes on time and don't owe anything, but I never got a letter confirming I qualify for that payment or anything? I also haven't got a cent out of those greedy c*nts.
They should give money to this greedy c*nt. biggrin.gif

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

i filed mine with direct deposit back in like feb. I guess I'm going to be getting 300, but since I'm in the upper bracket I'll assume I won't get it for a while. sad.gif

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

My friend got $300, I got nothing sad.gif

I hate the government.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE (Haywire22 @ Apr 28 2008, 17:39)
http://www.irs.gov/i...=177937,00.html

Basically, since the US Economy is in the sh*tter right now, the government is handing out money to those who qualify. If you filed your taxes on time and don't owe any taxes, you'll get a stimulus payment ranging from 300$ to 1200$. You also have to make more than 5000$ that year too. And with that payment, you're supposed to go spend it immediately so it "stimulates" the economy. I think I'm getting about 500$

I'm just curious as to where that money is actually coming from, considering we're what, 270 trillion in debt? Either way, it's ok I guess. I'm worried about inflation though... the greenback is already dead as it is.

About 10 trillion in debt, which is no small amount. The administration is horrible in economic matters, giving everybody 300 bucks is pointless. It is a colossal waste of billions of dollars that will likely not stimulate the economy at all.

Nobody says anything though because they want some money too. To quote Lewis Black on the matter "its as if your local congressman came to your house and pissed on your foot" referencing how little a dent a few hundred will make in massive debt.

bigmamatuna
  • bigmamatuna

Meatrocket

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

We're borrowing money to give the tax rebates which is putting us farther into debt. And with how sh*tty the economy is not a lot of people are going to turn around and spend this money, and just save it, negating it's purpose.

Basically, it's a nice effort but this recession can't be turned around that fast.

GSXRSpeed
  • GSXRSpeed

Speed Freak

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

From what I've heard, we get $600 each, plus $300 for a kid. With my wife and kid I should get $1500. biggrin.gif I also have the right criteria for getting my check direct deposited this week or next. This is perfect for me since I don't have a next-gen console yet. I thought I was going to miss GTA4. Now I'll just have to wait a week or 2.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:50 PM

I think it says if you're a dependent, you can't get one. sad.gif Oh well. It's not going to do anything, anyway.

Haywire22
  • Haywire22

RIP Dimebag, riff on!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Apr 28 2008, 14:16)
Uhh, aren't you supposed to be dead? Blown up in a helicopter or something?

Anyway, I was all excited about this until I remembered that I didn't work the 2007 tax year. sad.gif

Ugh, that was a big stupid mess thanks to some unfunny pranksters. I disappear for awhile, someone makes sh*t up about me being a Marine pilot or something, gets my account info and that whole mess started. I just ignore it now.

Anyways, news story:

http://biz.yahoo.com...tax_rebate.html

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

It's up to $600 for singles and up to $1200 for married couples that filed jointly plus $300 for each kid. You did have to make at least $3000 last year, probably more for married couples, I'm not sure on that though.

The wiki page says what lines you can look at on your tax forms to see how much you get.

Icarus
  • Icarus

Orthonormal

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:37 PM

I get a GST Check every three months for $78.50 from the Government because I'm still in school and some other mumbo-jumbo that comes from when you file your taxes.

Speaking of taxes, I should get on mine, considering they're due Thursday...

mark3boyz
  • mark3boyz

Airman Howland

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

I havent got mine yet but they are ordered by social security number. 800,000 a day go out today, tomorow, and wednesday. No checks go out on Thursday and then 5 million go out on Friday. Like I said though its ordered by Social security number and no one knows how quick you will get yours anymore because they started shipping them early.

anus
  • anus

iHoodz Prez

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

I'm getting sh*t because I only made $1800 last year during November and December. Already got my tax refund, though. A whole $56.

I'm angry.

wreckdsoul
  • wreckdsoul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:20 PM

I received my welfare check for $600.00 on April 30th.

GSXRSpeed
  • GSXRSpeed

Speed Freak

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

I should be getting mine today. It's not in my account yet!!!!! cryani.gif

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:06 PM

I don't do taxes.

Days fo suckas!

So no bullsh*t check for me. By the way, printing more money wont help a bad economy.

Kaiser_AK
  • Kaiser_AK

Rat

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:59 PM

I can't wait to spend my stimulus so fast that I forgot I ever got it and curse the govt for it.

But seriously, there was a national poll that stated most US residents won't use the check to stimulate the govt and instead use it for savings. I'd like too see the percentage of americans who lie about how they spend their money.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:05 PM

I got my stimulus package in my pants.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ May 5 2008, 21:06)
I don't do taxes.

Days fo suckas!

So no bullsh*t check for me. By the way, printing more money wont help a bad economy.

Agreed. More money in circulation just means the value of the said currency is overall lower.

Only way it's gonna work is if the economy pulls in as much money afterwards as what's going out...and that people actually spend their cash. I suppose generating more disposable income isn't a bad thing, but it's just delaying a downturning market.

Wish we had summin like this in the UK. We're being murdered by a comparatively strong nearby european economy causing our currency to be worth sweet FA coming up to the holiday season...coupled with inflation in general...bah. A few would be handy right about now. Shame our govt just tells us to get on with it.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:38 PM

I got my stimulus payment on Saturday. Spent almost half of it on groceries. The other half is now going toward weed like I said I would do.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ May 5 2008, 16:38)
I got my stimulus payment on Saturday. Spent almost half of it on groceries. The other half is now going toward weed like I said I would do.

wtf I have yet to get mine. How are we twins and you already have yours?

are they still sending these things out? blah.

Digtl vl
  • Digtl vl

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ May 5 2008, 16:39)

I did do my taxes in January and I also did electronic filing with direct deposit. About the fastest way you can get it processed through. So I would assume that may be one reason why.

Medaphoar
  • Medaphoar

dʒɪzə

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ May 5 2008, 23:39)

I knew it.

tounge.gif

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

QUOTE (Digtl vl @ May 5 2008, 16:42)
QUOTE (TOGA62 @ May 5 2008, 16:39)

I did do my taxes in January and I also did electronic filing with direct deposit. About the fastest way you can get it processed through. So I would assume that may be one reason why.

I did mine the same way in early Feb. and it doesn't seem to help me none. sad.gif

and yes meda, it is true lol

Swarz
  • Swarz

Council of Elders

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:00 AM Edited by Swarz, 06 May 2008 - 12:36 AM.

Interesting policy - not sure it's very economically sound to be honest. The only train of thought I assume they have it that if they grant a particular sum of money, that person might spend above that sum.

E.g: You receive $500 and combine this with your own savings to spend $750 on a new computer / other.

But that's a pretty flimsy and poorly founded policy. If it were me, I'd certainly save the money the Govt gave me - make up for all the taxes they suck out of my income every month.

EDIT: Spelling

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users