Photo

Bugs & Glitches

624 replies to this topic
NJ~
  • NJ~

99% Idiot, 1% Knowing I'm an Idiot.

• Members

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:46 PM

If you take one of those exotic export missions by e-mail from Brucie, you're inmediatly told after leaving the PC where the vehicle is.

If you THEN start a mission, or do some past-time activity(e.g bowling) the mission will just dissapear. And you won't be able to retry it by simply re-selecting the e-mail from a TW@ Café. Since you already replied at the e-mail.

Leaving you screwed.

mupet0000
  • mupet0000

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:05 AM

I've been into "Blue hell" or whatever its called. I was driving up some street i cant remember, i hit a staircase leading up to someones house and my car fell through the floor into the blue hell, eventually it respawned back on the road after falling for a while.

Danimals
  • Danimals

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:24 AM

i havent seen one yet

Californian
  • Californian

LocoLowCo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:50 AM

Some Glitch: The bullet-holes on the car's windshield are not visible from the inside (watch it from the rear windshield).

Mixolydian
  • Mixolydian

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

Neeeeeeeeeeko does the hot dog dance when he can't get up to the vendor's cart just right. He goes back and forth and spins around looking foolish.

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (TVremote @ Apr 28 2008, 21:30)
Omg one of the top 10 posts!
someone said there is a bug where u fix ur car
when tis damaged call 991 and then it will be repaired so i heard

nah if your car wont move anymore because of damage call 911 and you can drive it again

i once saw a car driving in reverse on the highway and then doing a 180 to go back to normal driving, i lol'd

edit: ps3 version, also happend on PC in SA(a truck did it, in IV it was a sports car lol)

roman nayatra
  • roman nayatra

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:48 AM

so far no problem biggrin.gif

Geretio
  • Geretio

Trick

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Apr 29 2008, 00:02)
QUOTE (devilrock28 @ Apr 29 2008, 00:49)
And by 'ENDO' you mean wheelie, right?

Basically the opposite of a wheelie, so you've got the back part of the bike in the air as opposed to the front.

That's a Stoppie, no?

MXMAD
  • MXMAD

GTA addict

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Geretio @ May 2 2008, 17:55)

Basically the opposite of a wheelie, so you've got the back part of the bike in the air as opposed to the front.

That's a Stoppie, no?

Endo / stoppie = same thing smile.gif

Stuvas
  • Stuvas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:16 PM

I encountered a bug when i went to the gun shop in algonquin, came outside and went to get into my car, but then got a call from possibly patrick, then my right foot started to bend at an 180 degree angle to my ankle.

Marx226
  • Marx226

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

In the mission Bull in a China Shop, I threw the brick at the window but instead of breaking the window, it went into the shop and I couldn't get to it, so I had to restart the mission.

asherloc
  • asherloc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:21 PM

In shooting out the window for manny's mission where we bust the splurge plant, I climbed up and then was over the wall. The police officer saw me and busted me in the wall. I could see the entire layout of everything.

thor1to3for5
  • thor1to3for5

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:27 AM

Is ZITS not working? I actually want to buy a song but all ZITS seems to do is give me the name in game. Then on the Social Club it says I only have 2 zits but I've dagged a dozen. I thought it was supposed to send me an email with a link to the song on amazon. Yes, I know I can probably steal the song or look it up myself but I just want to know why the service is not working as intended.

koosh12684
  • koosh12684

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:07 AM

right after i finished the first hard mission, i drove off and hit a fire hydrant, and the water blew my car into the sky like it thought i was a water molocule, i probablly went sky-scraper high, but luckly i lived.

Spartacus1428
  • Spartacus1428

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:05 AM

my game freaking froze after the shadow mission and whenever I try to load the game after it goes through the artwork pictures and say's "loading - shadow" it just stay's there until the music plays out and then nothing it just freezes and won't load the game.

I tried deleting the save file and restarting new since that's not really to far in and it wouldn't even load a new damn game.

i'm playing on 60gb ps3 and up until this point it has been working fine.
ajs;pod9ifj;aie i'm so god damn pissed.

Right now i deleted the game info and i'm re-installing to see if that'll work, if not then i don't know what i'll do

Luisillo79
  • Luisillo79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:36 AM

me too in my ps3 20gb frezee

Luisillo79
  • Luisillo79

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:41 AM

when come fix for the ps3 ??

Jtee
  • Jtee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

Yeh its called a stoppie tounge.gif

tarquin biscuitbarrel
  • tarquin biscuitbarrel

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:13 PM

QUOTE (koosh12684 @ May 3 2008, 01:07)
right after i finished the first hard mission, i drove off and hit a fire hydrant, and the water blew my car into the sky like it thought i was a water molocule, i probablly went sky-scraper high, but luckly i lived.

rofl i wish i'd had that one.

anyway i'm just replying about the vehicle spawn 'bug'. i think it's totally linked with memory. if you've recently/currently been on a busy street then your console is using a lot of memory to render stuff. at this point the game can either display more objects than it can handle and possibly crash the game - or recycle the stuff which is already in the memory.

i'm not 100% sure about this, but it's my only explanation as to why sometimes you see lots of the same car and other times you see 0 of the same car.

gtaiv360
  • gtaiv360

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:27 PM

I have some shadowing issues when I re spawn (after death)and exiting the safehouse...it's gets really dark like the 360 is in screensave mode for about 5 seconds, then it goes normal.

Also can't watch t.v with a wanted level.

playing 360

Malaria
  • Malaria

Herodetus

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

Once i Smashed a Biker So hard as i heard damage Sound.
I thought he will fly down and die, but he just skipped on street, Bike and Biker were both healthy and well.
These kind of Glitches on Bike happened one again when i was riding one. just turned right with a normal Speed, but Nicko has dropped on road.

caladina
  • caladina

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:22 PM

not so much a glitch more a code mistake? but the barrels on fire don't go out when you push them into water / sea

Spartacus1428
  • Spartacus1428

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus1428 @ May 3 2008, 03:05)
my game freaking froze after the shadow mission and whenever I try to load the game after it goes through the artwork pictures and say's "loading - shadow" it just stay's there until the music plays out and then nothing it just freezes and won't load the game.

I tried deleting the save file and restarting new since that's not really to far in and it wouldn't even load a new damn game.

Right now i deleted the game info and i'm re-installing to see if that'll work, if not then i don't know what i'll do

something that worked for me in case anyone on the ps3 is having freeze issues.

disable your internet connection and the media network as that seems to fix the issue. It just means you can't do online play.

DarkLard
  • DarkLard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (Spartacus1428 @ May 3 2008, 19:53)
QUOTE (Spartacus1428 @ May 3 2008, 03:05)

something that worked for me in case anyone on the ps3 is having freeze issues.

disable your internet connection and the media network as that seems to fix the issue. It just means you can't do online play.

better way just eject the disk..restart then once menu appears re enter the disk and stsrt again

jman420
  • jman420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

was doing vigilante work, finished a job, opened the pc for new criminals, selected one and the game froze on cop pc as i picked the new job

could still zoom in and out of radar, hear people talking etc but couldnt exit from comp pc after selecting new work.. very gay stuff

pietjuh
  • pietjuh

I make old, crappy cars.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:36 PM

I bought the game today and saw an ambulance with sirens and flashing lights coming in front of me, so I decided to chase it for a view minutes. I noticed the ambulance was just stopping for red traffic lights. mercie_blink.gif

Also there was a road with a view traffic lights in a row. The traffic stopped for green and pushed the pedal when the light turned red. Should be the other way.

Hobo-Lord
  • Hobo-Lord

you jelly? yah u jelly

• Members

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

ok freezes are caused usually because the cache isnt big enough to handle it
What is Cache?

ok here is how you delete cache in ps3 and 360 (cache only deletes ur updates to your games and console i think) NOT YOUR SAVE FILES

ok here it is:

XBOX 360:

To perform the function, access 'memory' in the system blade, and then highlight the hard drive. Now press: Y, X, X, LB, RB, X, X. The following message should appear: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"

If you initiate maintenance, the hard drive's cache will be cleared, including all software updates. Theoretically, this function could be used to un-update Oblivion in order to regain access to the unlimited gold and item duplication glitches. Note: we have not tested this function.

PS3:

1. From the XMB menu, select Network.

2. Select Internet Browser.

3. After the Internet Browser appears press the Triangle button.

4. Select Tools on the Options menu.

5. Select Delete Cookies or Delete Cache then select Yes to confirm.

and here is some news (idk if this is new)

SCEA Responds to PS3 GTA IV Issues [SCEA Talks GTA Probs]
http://kotaku.com/50...3-gta-iv-issues

SCEA Responds to PS3 GTA IV Issues The freezing issues with Grand Theft Auto IV is affecting a limited number of Playstation 3s and there has been a low volume of calls to customer service about the issue, Sony Computer Entertainment of America said today in the first public statement about the apparent problem. Despite the "limited number" of people effected by the freezing, Sony says they are working with Rockstar to isolate the issue and identify a solution. Yes, we are aware of what the message boards and a few of the industry blogs are saying about a 'freezing' issue with GTA IV on a limited number of PS3s.

status1hitch
  • status1hitch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:21 AM

I dont know if this has been said already, but in willis, directly across from the entrance to the park where you killed those bikers in the mission with faustin's daughter, there is a straight alley. after a few hundred yards, you hit a fence. instead of getting thrown off your bike, you get launched a few hundred feet into the air.

R3ap3R
  • R3ap3R

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:24 PM

the olny bug/ glitch i ran into was, when i was climbing up a ladder to get on a buildboard, then i come back to the ladder so i can climb down and as niko get his fist foot on the step the camera went a little crazy for a sec., and i ended up on the other side of the ladder insede the buildboard.... i couldnt so anything at all i hit every button and i couldnt move.... and i was in a mission too.. sad.gif but wut i did wasnt part of it , i was just messing around

TVremote
  • TVremote

Blue Muffin!

• Members

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

i am the owner of this glitch do not copy it in anyway!!

ok this might work with cars but im testign with bike
pc4 6400

ok take someone down on the floor preferably kill them
then go over them with your backwheel over his body
then reverse but right before u start reversing accelerate so u start wheel spinning for bout 5 seconds if u did it right the guy should like levitate ontop of the back of the bike then let go and drive
this would probably be more effective if u use a car but i aint testyed yet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users