Photo

Bugs & Glitches

635 replies to this topic
NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (1st gtaROCKER @ Dec 2 2010, 14:29)
I've been asking around and I'm pretty sure this is just a glitch on my disc (xbox 360) but ....
NONE OF THE CARS HAVE WHEELS!!
If anyone has had this glitch (on IV) please let me know how you solved it!! cryani.gif

You can try reinstalling the game onto your console. That will usually fix any glitches that may have resulted from a bad download.

You wouldn't mind showing some pics, BTW? Does it only occur in offline or online mode? It would be strange if everyone's vehicles rode on the axles. LOL I'd like to see the police cars screeching down the road, having problems stopping their cars. ROFL

acetyn
  • acetyn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:18 AM

when i bailed out of a car one time i flew far out and found my self in the ocean. has this happend to anyone else? suicidal.gif rampage_ani.gif mercie_blink.gif whatsthat.gif rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif anuj_cop.gif muppetmaster_karma.gif facedesk.gif panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif panic.gif

Docfaustino
  • Docfaustino

Snarls Barkley

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:44 AM

Parked my Cavalcaded-FXT sideways over the spot where the subways stop for passengers. Was getting pushed both ways, fell through the ground (was nothing but blackness). Appeared above ground with a slight thud. I'm pretty sure this has happened before. Is this common?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:34 AM Edited by cp1dell, 14 January 2011 - 12:36 AM.

QUOTE (omgwtfitzben @ Jul 23 2008, 02:40)
I don't know if this has been posted but...

I was doing the Heli Tours achievement, and when I went to the place, there will people on the helicopter already, so I just held Y to get in, and when I got in, the helicopter was still going up, and then the driver suddenly got into tour mode, and I skipped the tour, and when the screen came back from the black screen, the helicopter was still in place, going upwards, and Niko just got out like he was done with the tour, and I fell and died.

sad.gif

This happens all the time to me aswell.

Not sure if I can replicate this bug again, probably not, but when I started up GTA :IV (I think by now I had it installed to my HDD, I'm on a 360) I had the Xbox Guide open, and when it got to a certain loading screen (Lola I think) it froze and I had to restart. Then today while I was trying to get Libery City Minute I skipped a cutscene and the game froze, though I had been playing for a while and these have been the only two times my game froze out of my 72 hours of gameplay.

EDIT: When going through the tunnel from Alderny to Algonquin, or vise versa, at a high speed, the tunnel is invisble and takes a second to render. I have run into many instances where bushes or other 2D objects/textures are invisble and take a second to render. I hope RockStar fixes this in V.

gtamodguy
  • gtamodguy

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

When you blow something up in the highway preferably a speeding car, a cop chasing you or normal spawned car, when another car hits it blows up.....I thought it was a glitch but it's quite useful. I use it with sticky bombs and it might stop 2 cops to 8. I made a huge pileup crash like situation where the only thing that could get by was a helicopter. Then I blew up a bus and it destroyed 18 cars!!!!!!!!!!!! Until I died it problaby would've stopped more if it wasn't for one of them pushing me into the situation and then blowing up

EmPty CaSInGz
  • EmPty CaSInGz

Droog.

• Members

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:54 AM Edited by EmPty CaSInGz, 30 January 2011 - 12:02 PM.

I was in one of the train tunnels on a bike of some description, and I floored it on a straight. As I did this, the walls dissapeared and I was riding on a load of grey stuff. When I slowed down I was back on the tracks again.

Also,
You can try reinstalling the game onto your console. That will usually fix any glitches that may have resulted from a bad download.

On console, you play the game straight off the disc with no download/installation.

EDIT: Oh snap, cp1dell beat me to the tunnel thing. Ho-hum.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2011 - 03:44 PM Edited by SmoothGTA, 16 March 2011 - 05:45 PM.

^^^^I've had that happen in the Holland Tunnel (can't remember the GTA name for it) all the time usually when I'm westbound coming from Alderney.

So I just started a new GTA4 game last night so I could play through The Possible Trinity. After Niko gets in Romans cab I decide to see how many people I can run over on the way to the apartment. I get out of the cab a few times to pick up dropped cash. Once we arrive at the apartment (Roman is not happy with me at all) the camera pulls back like it does for a cutscene and...nothing happens.

30 minutes later I go back to my TV and its still stuck staring at Niko and Roman sitting in the cab. I am forced to turn the PS3 off.

Today I put the disk in and the disk isn't registering at all, I'm just getting a spinning icon. Uncharted 2 loaded right up and plays fine so...

I may have trashed my GTA file...anyone else ever done this or heard of this?

Update: The screen has gone black and the the disk sounds like its "clunking" around in the drive. The drive also makes the clunking sound with no disk inserted. No progress past that though.

Update 2: This is looking more and more like a corrupted hard drive, the PS3 won't even load the basic startup screen.

Update 3: Cannot start. The correct hard disk was not found. I've never swapped hard drives and I've been trying to access the "file restoration" option (never had to before) but no dice.
  • MrPlow likes this

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 March 2011 - 07:34 PM

In case anyone cares or thinks its funny, the above bricked my PS3. Thought you guys should know. Anyway...

What are some AAA exclusives for Xbox360?? lol.gif lol.gif
  • MrPlow likes this

shocker95
  • shocker95

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2011 - 05:09 AM

I had a weird thing happen to me the other day.
I've finished the story on the game many times, so i went through it again and
for the final mission, i chose to go for revenge against Dimitri. I killed him, went to Roman's wedding, Kate gets killed etc. All normal.
About 2 or so hours after i finished the game, i was randomly driving around and i got a phonecall from 'Unknown Caller'. It was Kate, she wanted to 'hang out' i said yes and went to pick her up. We went on a normal date, i dropped her home and left, confused. There were no weird comments exchanged during the drive, just normal conversation. It was as if she didn't die.
Im not sure if this was a glitch or part of the storyline; i still did not have her phone number afterwards and i havn't heard from her since. im very curious.
anyone know?

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:42 PM

One out of many glitches encountered in GTA 4 Multiplayer.
The Booth tunnel seems to have quite a lot of them!

Web designer Sydney
  • Web designer Sydney

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

orly.gif

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (Web designer Sydney @ May 17 2011, 00:39)
orly.gif

Oh please not another troll. sleepy.gif

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 May 2011 - 02:27 PM

A glitch we encountered at the swingsets (surprise) in Alderny
Both of the trucks proceeded to gain height until...

DOCTORBUZZ
  • DOCTORBUZZ

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 May 2011 - 06:45 PM

hey my game was working fine suddenly it asks me for some RMN40

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Ive seen motercycles on there side on the street and the driver will be sideways floating, and there body position is like there sitting on the bike. Happens alot in TBOGT mp. Also on TBOGT Ive gotten an invisable parachute from people with laggy connections, and I can still do the parachute glitch. I can do it as fast as I want too because the parachute does not brake.

Kirst
  • Kirst

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

That truck thing is weird!? Why does that even happen anyways?

AreXi
  • AreXi

Quack Quack

• Members

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

Found this weird glitch while playing multiplayer with friends.

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Asses 2 Asses - Bust 2 Bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:18 PM

If you're in a cab and the cabbie blows a toll booth the cops chase the cab, so you press "X" or whatever button it is to make cabbie hurry for you and he does, the cabbie is outrunning the police now and you reach your destination just to find out that the cabbie isn't being chased, you are cry.gif

KrimsonAce
  • KrimsonAce

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

This:

Youtube: Why GTAIV Still Needs Patches

Katie0391
  • Katie0391

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

I was playing single player today (Xbox version) and doing some Most Wanted missions via police computer. Was driving through the underground tunnel in the police car, sirens on, speeding past everyone. And when I got to the end of the tunnel, a garbage truck randomly drops out of thin air and lands in front of me.

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Fadanoid @ Wednesday, Apr 30 2008, 15:28)
Think I found a big glitch. I finished an early mission for Vlad, the one where you have to chase a guy over some rooftops and then decide whether or not to kill him When it was over Niko made the call to Vlad to tell him what happened, but I accidentally pressed the circle button and cut off the call.

Now it seems like the main story has disappeared. Vlad is no longer on the map and the floating marker across the street from the safehouse has gone. I've played for maybe four hours and nothing story-related has happened. All I can do is call Roman for jobs or to take him out, or call Michelle for a date

It looks like I'm going to have to start a whole new game, unless someone can think of a solution. I'm playing on a 60gb PS3.

You can call Vlad through your phone and the storyline will resume.. biggrin.gif

GTA36362355
  • GTA36362355

moving before it's dead

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (silverrealm @ Tuesday, Nov 23 2010, 07:06)
can somebody help me??Escuela of the Streets mission,alwyas when i have followed the dealer to the warehouse,the yellow marker does not appear anywhr,and i cant proceed with the mission,can anyone help pls

There are stairs going up to a terrace near the building consisting the marker, than on the terrace there is a wooden plank going to the marked building's terrace. You need to enter the building through the roof window there and shoot the gangsters inside.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

You guys ever get into Vlad's bar in a glitch too? I did and luckily I taped it for YouTube, but of everything I saw in GTA IV, this only happened once for me, just playing as normal and saw a ped in front of Niko walked up to the closed GRAPHIC of the door and he disappeared right through it. I obviously picked up on that, so I walked through it as well. Not the back outside door, BTW, the ACTUAL front door. Shot the interior view for my own YT channel, but I don't have a link if you haven't seen that already, Just saying, that was something very odd!

GLICHhero
  • GLICHhero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:04 AM

there is a glich if u get a police chooper u go 2 the funfair next to the gokarts you car fly under the map into a hanger back at the airport and no 1 can shoot u

HenningM92
  • HenningM92

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Here's an interesting RPG shootout we had after we glitched ourselves underwater,
Took a good while to get all the players down there, but it was definitely worth it!

► 16 players battles it out below the sea with RPGs as the weapon of choice.

cerberusxxxx
  • cerberusxxxx

★★☆ cerberus™☆★★

• Members

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:24 PM

lmfao thats Fu***ng Awesome!

tannhausergate
  • tannhausergate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

Savable aircraft
user posted image
I noticed if you can get a Maverick on this spot at Playboy's, it will save like a normal vehicle.

Tried it with the 'Buzzard' in BOGT, but it didn't work

woodwolf
  • woodwolf

What You See Is What You Get

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2011 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (tannhausergate @ Saturday, Sep 10 2011, 07:51)

I noticed if you can get a Maverick on this spot at Playboy's, it will save like a normal vehicle.

It will save at any parking spot.

I have one at every safehouse except 1.

Really helps if you want to get somewhere in a hurry.

Just leave it when you get where you're going (if you have to).

Later, just get another smile.gif .

Masny
  • Masny

Member Since 16 Feb 2007

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:22 PM

Funny bug that allows you launch cars to sky. Put your car near curb and hit them at very high speed with truck or something.
Always working.
Cheers.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 13 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

Did anyone of you notice that HELICOPTER SNIPERS and the RUSSIAN THUG
won't be dead after they fall down?

Yesterday I shot many bullets into a police Maverick until it went on fire and fell down. The two noose guys with M4s had a long way to fall.... but they didn't die!!!

Same in DUST OFF! The russian thug who grabs the helicopter and falls...follow him down with the heli, he won't die!!!

orly.gif orly.gif orly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users