Photo

Bugs & Glitches

635 replies to this topic
Billy Idol
  • Billy Idol

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

I've seen people slide cars from a standing position in MP at full speed, like a "crazy, turbo hovercraft" or anti-gravity floating thing ! (a bit hard to explain and I am hoping to get a video dump of it) - when I have been the passenger. It was moving (jumping ?!) at speed in a completely horizontal direction from a standing start, sometimes low speed or immediately post-collision (impossible physics when you consider the corresponding gameplay).

This thing was knocking over light posts deliberately etc with no loss in speed, handling etc. but I don't want to say anyone is a cheater in case it is a) lag on my system or b) a legitimate glitch that they are taking advantage of. Personally, I would not employ it because I don't agree with it - level playing field and all.

If it is a mod or they have changed their configuration settings for particular cars etc. to have insane handling, I am not sure. We are talking an effect like the 'granite car' (as per the oldie carmageddon).

Has anyone seen this kind of thing before ?

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2010 - 11:35 PM

i believe the thing youre experiencing is called lag my friend lol

ric-013
  • ric-013

Casual Lurker

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:15 AM

here's more glitch video's...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDOKjr4Y34g

NOTE: thoses are climb and cancel glitches done on ps3. press square to climb and quickly cancel your climb by pressing triangle. ( read the video description for more info's. )

for more glitch video's visit my youtube channel :

MrRic013 channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrRic013

ph34r.gif

DAV1D90
  • DAV1D90

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:09 PM

dont know if it is bug or glitch, but take a look

mbmariogc3s
  • mbmariogc3s

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

im having a problem where the in game gps doesn't give me a route to any markers. this is happening on my regular, lost and damned, and gay tony save games on the 360. any help?

Blissco
  • Blissco

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

DAV, I have that too, Im supposing its real gameplay, seeing as the things that spin around are still fully-functional, I guess its realistic.

manueljenkin95
  • manueljenkin95

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 June 2010 - 01:00 AM

Hey buds, see this url. I have a couple of other glitches shown up.
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=451497

Cobra_Hunter
  • Cobra_Hunter

PURE EVIL

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

After killing over 30,100 people my GTA4 game has went beserk. Civilians, Cars and vehicles are getting sucked into the earch and spat out hundreds of feet into the air. I'm able to walk through people and vehicles like a ghost. I am being sucked into the ground into a deep abys falling screaming then landing on my feet on the street. I was even able to drop the full height from the helicopter and then sink into the ground at the bottom - fall again through hell and land on my feet alive again. Insanity!

Problem is, I think the game may be stuck like this now - as when I loaded it it was still in this ARMAGEDDON mode.

Every where you go all you can hear is screaming and yelling people dying. It's like a nightmare.

I'm pretty sure it's because after killing over 30,100 people the game cannot compute my evil lol mercie_blink.gif lol.gif tounge.gif

oGeesKeeMasK
  • oGeesKeeMasK

Asses 2 Asses - Bust 2 Bust

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:14 AM

I didn't read through all of the topics, so I don't know if anyone's had this happen to them but on xbox360 sometimes I get stuck in the train (I think it comes from pausing the game while you're on the train), at first the only way I could find to unstick the game is to restart it but it seems that Niko's phone is the only thing accessible now, you can't pause or anything, so what I do is make a phone call to someone, probably doesn't matter who, and while the train is sitting there stuck repeating the next station it will unstick, you still can't exit but now while the train's heading to the next station you can see it from the interior instead of the exterior, if you want to exit the train it looks like you have to 'skip' to the next station whatsthat.gif

Anasterian
  • Anasterian

Harbinger of Revenge

• Members

Posted 23 June 2010 - 10:24 AM

Funny bug:

Sometimes my cars just stop dead for no reason as if their suspension jammed on something. It looks as if their suspension jammed on a TEXTURE or on a SHADOW. Mainly happens on corners around the Lost Clubhouse, and no, its not the pavement, i've double checked sometimes i had to reverse and try to drive over the road again.

gamefarter
  • gamefarter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (mbmariogc3s @ May 7 2010, 03:13)
im having a problem where the in game gps doesn't give me a route to any markers. this is happening on my regular, lost and damned, and gay tony save games on the 360. any help?

There is an option in the menu to turn it off, see if you did that. If not that, I don't know.

• Ronin

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

Pretty weird bug or somethin', happened to me long ago:

I was doing the mission "Hostile Negotiation" where you save Roman from the giant werehouse where he's kept hostage in the top floor and the time i had killed the kidnapper and saved Roman, then ANOTHER Roman was standing at the place where i shot the kidnapper and the "original" Roman was following me to get outta there... i mean TWO ROMANS! mercie_blink.gif (and the other Roman where just standing there doing nothing, lol lol.gif )

That was pretty damn weird but funny turn.gif

d3t9l
  • d3t9l

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:41 AM

If someone posted this before me, sorry, but I don't want to read 27 pages of glitches, no matter how intermittently funny they be.

--MASSIVE SPOILER ALERT--

I saved all of stevie's car missions for the end of the game ( I had the ending in which kate dies ) After I retrieved his first car I ventured out for the second one ( a rebela minivan ) but halfway there I received a call from "unknown caller" which was strange to me, because I had already reached "story complete". It was kate, she said something along the lines of " I thought/hoped you we're dead, wanna hang out?". I checked to make sure the game didn't somehow pull a switcharoo on me and saw that roman WAS still alive, along with kate, even though she was killed in the "mr and mrs bellic" mission.

WTF?

mp.5n
  • mp.5n

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (lordmalak @ Apr 29 2008, 08:15)
A Strange Bug This one

me neighbour reloaded the game just to show me

he was out at a strip club with Roman it went to a cut scene of
a lap dance and just after the cut finished the strippers freaked out and
then security came in guns blazing

maybe something cut from AU Version or could be a weird
glitch

this has happened to me before when i accidentally pressed the punch button :woops: moto_whistle.gif

dhinchak
  • dhinchak

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

I am having PC version of GTA IV

When I enter in a mission "Deconstruction of beginners".. it is always loading, loading,loading, .("Deconstruction of beginners" name flashes)
alt-tab didnt work sad.gif..every time I need to shut down my pc directly as there is no other option sad.gif
It happens in this mission only. all other mission do work fine.
Please Help ! sad.gif

specs:
AMD phenom x4 965 black edition
4GB ram
9800GT 1gb graphics card.

Sorry to create new topic..as i am new in this site i didnt find any topic related to my problem sad.gif

scotland4life
  • scotland4life

Born Scottish, DIE SCOTTISH

• Members

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (d3t9l @ Jul 15 2010, 03:41)
If someone posted this before me, sorry, but I don't want to read 27 pages of glitches, no matter how intermittently funny they be.

I saved all of stevie's car missions for the end of the game ( I had the ending in which kate dies ) After I retrieved his first car I ventured out for the second one ( a rebela minivan ) but halfway there I received a call from "unknown caller" which was strange to me, because I had already reached "story complete". It was kate, she said something along the lines of " I thought/hoped you we're dead, wanna hang out?". I checked to make sure the game didn't somehow pull a switcharoo on me and saw that roman WAS still alive, along with kate, even though she was killed in the "mr and mrs bellic" mission.

WTF?

Don't want to come across sounding like a dick but that glitch was discovered almost 2 years ago. I'd be surprised if anyone here hasn't heard about it.

Fuc-tuo
  • Fuc-tuo

we're bouncing now?

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (scotland4life @ Aug 2 2010, 12:52)

WTF?

Don't want to come across sounding like a dick but that glitch was discovered almost 2 years ago. I'd be surprised if anyone here hasn't heard about it.

you dont but others have stated they dont read all of the posts in each topic yawn.gif
ps my name says im a wolves fan but i also like celtic colgate.gif

Blaise996
  • Blaise996

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

okay, idk if people already said this, but right before you begin the mission "Lure" For Fancis McReary, theres a guy sitting right in front of the yellow thingy and if you drive really fast then he wont move and youll damage your car...

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Harwood Butcher

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:20 AM

I don't know if this has already been noted, but the other day I was playing GTA IV on the 360, and decided to do a taxi mission for Roman.

I didn't have one of his taxis at my Hove Beach safe house, so I was walking, and rang him up up for a fare. Normally he says to Niko come pick a taxi up, but for some reason Niko said he was in one (I was walking mercie_blink.gif ), and the cop car I had parked had the marker on the mini map that's usually for the taxis while doing the taxi missions.

So I said to myself "Ok then", and I jumped into the cop car, and proceeded to pick up the fare. I got to the person, but as soon as I got into the marker to pick them up the car stopped, and when I went to accelerate it spun the tyres, but nothing happened, like it was stuck.

I loaded up my game again, and rang Roman up to do a taxi mission, and it was fine. hahaha

Needless to say it's one of the strangest glitches I've ever encountered in GTA IV.

slyeagle
  • slyeagle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Apr 29 2008, 00:02)
QUOTE (devilrock28 @ Apr 29 2008, 00:49)
And by 'ENDO' you mean wheelie, right?

Basically the opposite of a wheelie, so you've got the back part of the bike in the air as opposed to the front.

i think you mean a "stoppie"

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE (Doozer @ Apr 29 2008, 18:02)
found 1 that was doin me head in. 'Clean Getaway'. I go to get the car washed, then it tells me to get it washed agen ive tried this mission 6 times and it does the same. Maybe im doin sumfin wrong :S

the car is maybe damaged

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:37 PM

I was at the airport and decided to drive under the boeing 747-400 when all of a sudden i get trapped under the main landing gear and i am forced under the runway where it is pitch black.

there was another glitch when i was flying the annilator i jumped out and fell to the ground in front of the hospital in alderly and looked at my health and it was still full i didn't die people carried on like always.
moto_whistle.gif

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:41 PM Edited by [email protected], 02 September 2010 - 08:45 PM.

QUOTE (JeanGrey @ Mar 5 2010, 18:33)
This happened a while back, so I'm not sure what events transpired to make this happen.

There was some sort of collision as I was trying to get in a cab as a passenger. I'm sure I caused the accident, but someone hit the cab as I was trying to get in. This caused a glitch and I found myself riding in the cab, but the camera was still behind the cab as if I was driving it. There wasn't anything for me to do (aside from getting out) so I just sat back and watched where the cab went. It just drove in circles, and my ADD got the best of me and I got out.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I did a search to see and nothing came up.

Playing on PS3 by the way.

the same thing happened to me on my ps3 i decided to shoot and the cab driver went faster. another time when i was in the taxi on my way to a mission the cab driver got scared on the highway and decide to drive faster to the point where the cab flipped upside down the cab caught fire and could not get out the cabdriver was knocked out and then burned screaming then a couple seconds later BOOM!

Cynical Penguin
  • Cynical Penguin

GTA SuperStar

• Members

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:57 AM

WTF?

This happened to me and it's annoying so one day I took her to a diner and there was no option to go in so I decided to go to the Heliport with her and there were no Helicopters so I got bored and pulled out my shotgun then POW! Shot her in the face several times then got out my other guns and shot her like mad and she fell over all bloody'd up, then it says "Kate was scared off" or something. But it took all those bullets and she didn't die?!? I've shot Roman and brucie before and it killed them but not Kate.

AlexGTAGamer
  • AlexGTAGamer

THAT fella.

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:44 PM

I was playing TLAD multiplayer Club Work, and I had to get a bike from some guy who was driving around Alderney and everytime I shot at him he didn't fall of his bike!
I ran out of ammo on the SMG because I was shooting him so much and when he finally fell of his bike, he fell THROUGH THE GROUND and to make things worse when I got on to the bike it started to float in mid air! I had to blow up the bike (killing me and failing the task) just to stop the glitch from getting any worse!
angry.gif

NemonicLee
  • NemonicLee

Golden Ninja Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

This technically may or may not be a glitch BUT it is useful for both offline and online battles. Get out your grenade, and pull the pin on the grenade (hold R2 or fire button). Now do a roll maneuver (Aim button + jump + left/right direction) before the grenade blows up. Voila! You have a grenade blow-up cancel. It works every time! colgate.gif

CyKosis
  • CyKosis

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:39 PM

Sorry if this has been posted before.

I've not had the chance to see if I can replicate this, but thus far, it's the only thing I've seen that I'd count as a glitch, apart for a few spazzy moments.

Over the weekend, I was shooting pigeons on the Statue of Happiness. One of the public dropped their mobile phone and ran, so I picked it up and started throwing it at people as I wandered back to the docks. As I was leaving the base of the Statue, I aimed the phone at another member of the public, and they disappeared, along with everything else that wasn't part of the Statue. Released my aim, and they all appeared again...

EDIT: Playing on PS3...

silverrealm
  • silverrealm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:06 PM

can somebody help me??Escuela of the Streets mission,alwyas when i have followed the dealer to the warehouse,the yellow marker does not appear anywhr,and i cant proceed with the mission,can anyone help pls

1st gtaROCKER
  • 1st gtaROCKER

PROTOCOL 2 - Admin

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 December 2010 - 05:29 PM Edited by 1st gtaROCKER, 27 March 2011 - 11:23 AM.

I've been asking around and I'm pretty sure this is just a glitch on my disc (xbox 360) but ....
NONE OF THE CARS HAVE WHEELS!!
If anyone has had this glitch (on IV) please let me know how you solved it!! cryani.gif
EDIT: Took the disc to get cleaned and it works fine

win001
  • win001

Top Gear

• Members

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:12 AM

I was playing EFLC on multiplayer and I tripped at the edge of the building then i started to go down. While I was going down I was sleeping. Unfortunately I cant provide a picture but Iam uploading a video on youtube. Ill edit this post once Im done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users