Quantcast

» «
Photo

Bugs & Glitches

624 replies to this topic
bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

follow my lead to victory ... or be lost.

• Members

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

Try it with the "vibration" off..?

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 19 June 2008 - 10:23 PM Edited by gamesguru, 20 June 2008 - 11:49 AM.

QUOTE (Fizziii @ Jun 19 2008, 17:18)
QUOTE (gamesguru @ Jun 19 2008, 08:15)
<snip>
EDIT: You can angle a car wheel finely up to the curb, so that the car keeps bouncing up and down(as if a hooker was having sex with you). I had a video to upload from my phone, but unfortunately it is some weird unusable file.
<snip>

I've run across that a few times. One of the worst was when I crashed into a scaffolding. The front of the car was bouncing away until I got back in and backed it away from the scaffolding.

I was like WTF when I first saw this. I also saw it on a parked car (without me getting in the car) whilst the driver was scavenging through his boot; but the weird thing was that the tarmac was flat; I lol so hard.

EDIT: I FOUND ANOTHER SWING GLITCH BUT WITH A FENCE! Well sort of. In the the fence highlighted in the picture drive into it with your car and it will get stuck. Do a bit of squirming and you will either go through blue hell or go flying a tiny bit. Additionally if you keep jumping on the spot in front of it you sometimes will transport through it; give it a go icon14.gif .
user posted image

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

i hit a biker and he froze in the air so i used the scenario for good and took some speed, rammed him and he started to move weird like the police-pokemon video and guess what? he "crawled"(like the police in the video) off the broker bridge and started to crawl upside down on the ceiling of the railroad tracks haha

.Up&Coming.
  • .Up&Coming.

PanzIV

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 June 2008 - 07:14 PM

I had a bug in the hospital (only happened once) where when I would turn the camera a certain way, EVERYONE would disappear from the hospital. It was funny. lol.gif

Also, here is a place me and some friends discovered at the airport...It don't know what you would call it, but it's cool! Took a video:

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 20 June 2008 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (.Up&Coming. @ Jun 20 2008, 19:14)
I had a bug in the hospital (only happened once) where when I would turn the camera a certain way, EVERYONE would disappear from the hospital. It was funny. lol.gif

Sometimes when I push into people they vanish, but then reaper. This is the same with textureless objects like the clocktower no.s - it's due to the game either having problems loading or most likely is that the camera is to close to said object/person.

TANK_RANDOM_POM
  • TANK_RANDOM_POM

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 07:16 AM

happend to me once dont no why went in again didnt happen tho

also i got a text from stevie sayin somthing like " Brucie told me you were good at this sort of sh*t
so could you get a car for me " or something like that
now i havent had anymore texts from him again

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

• Members

Posted 21 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

As a "dancer" was exiting the "private room", i was pushing her, trying to make her fall and as she fell ... she disappeared into the plant near by.. mercie_blink.gif ..like she got sucked in...(carnivorous plant perhaps..? turn.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 22 June 2008 - 11:25 PM

Check this awesome vid:

Tuff Gong
  • Tuff Gong

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

if you go down the east borough bridge fast enough the bridge does not load properly..

bitsandpieces
  • bitsandpieces

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:02 AM Edited by bits&pieces, 23 June 2008 - 02:54 AM.

Apparently, the "Pay & Spray" in N/Bohan, will only paint an Infernus from silver to dark green or black angry.gif tried 20 times, i want it lime green mercie_blink.gif
And why the f*** when i get dropped off by taxis, they always hit my beautiful Infernus parked in front of Albany's st. Safehouse? angry.gif

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (Tuff Gong @ Jun 22 2008, 19:22)
if you go down the east borough bridge fast enough the bridge does not load properly..

Yeah. I've caught that a few times too. Speeding down the bridge with a Super GT, noticed the lack of textures and slammed into a wall causing Niko to fly out of his windshield. mad.gif

Tony.
  • Tony.

I don't agree with that in the workplace

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 June 2008 - 06:50 AM

Roman's Kidnapping

Once, after going out for a drink with Roman, I decided I didn't want to drive and end up getting a wanted level, so I flagged down a cab ("Yellow car!!!"). We reached Roman's place in Bohan. I exited the cab, but Roman stayed in! The cab drove off with him in it, as if the cab driver had kidnapped him, and since Niko wasn't completely sober, I couldn't sprint and chase it. Roman's blue circle on the map even moved. Eventually, the cab got too far and was gone, and a message at the bottom of the screen said "You've abandoned your friend!" Roman was sitting in front next to the driver, so maybe that has something to do with this.

ruusteri
  • ruusteri

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:23 AM

Sometimes i have seen cars driving without drivers. It's weird because i cannot steal the car.

pietjuh
  • pietjuh

I make old, crappy cars.

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ Jun 23 2008, 06:50)
Roman's Kidnapping

Once, after going out for a drink with Roman, I decided I didn't want to drive and end up getting a wanted level, so I flagged down a cab ("Yellow car!!!"). We reached Roman's place in Bohan. I exited the cab, but Roman stayed in! The cab drove off with him in it, as if the cab driver had kidnapped him, and since Niko wasn't completely sober, I couldn't sprint and chase it. Roman's blue circle on the map even moved. Eventually, the cab got too far and was gone, and a message at the bottom of the screen said "You've abandoned your friend!" Roman was sitting in front next to the driver, so maybe that has something to do with this.

I don`t think it should be possible that a NPC enters the taxi in the front, next to the driver. I was on a date with Carmen once when she also entered the car in the front. When I got in the camera just stayed behind the car and nothing happened, I could not give up any destination.

delboy91
  • delboy91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 03:53 PM

my gta 4 as turned black and white and i dnt no ow to change that does somebody no biggrin.gif

TinCan
  • TinCan

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:13 PM

QUOTE (pietjuh @ Jun 23 2008, 09:24)
QUOTE (Claude94 @ Jun 23 2008, 06:50)
Roman's Kidnapping

I don`t think it should be possible that a NPC enters the taxi in the front, next to the driver. I was on a date with Carmen once when she also entered the car in the front. When I got in the camera just stayed behind the car and nothing happened, I could not give up any destination.

This happened to me on a date as well.
The cab-driver just kept on cruising as if we weren't there.

destruxxx
  • destruxxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:23 AM

I've had a few odd things happen... but the two most memorable were these..

1. Went to meet brucie for a chopper ride.... but I showed up in a chopper.... the game freaked out and just sat there after he said " in the chopper everybody!". I guess the game didn't know which chopper he meant...lol.

2. Some guy driving a car near the park in the north side of dukes ran into me, so I got mad and tagged him in the back of the head with one shot from behind the car... the horn sounded and his car took off (he died and his foot was on the gas). Ok... perfectly normal. Then he got about 30 feet down the road where the road started to go downhill and turn.... but his car went in a perfect straight line off up into the air. LOL. Right near the point where the car would disappear from view, it hit the side of a building and he suddenly fell out of the car and stayed in the air, but the car dropped like a rock and exploded. I ran to the spot where he was, but he disappeared while I was running there. Really weird. I put the game down for the rest of the night. Freaked me out a bit.

destruxxx
  • destruxxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:38 AM

QUOTE (Taste Of Chaos @ Jun 1 2008, 23:10)
The only bug I've encountered isn't even a 'bug' really. I think its more of a 'cheat death' feature in the game, when you get trapped under a car or anything like that, Niko suddently spawns ontop/away from it.

Heh, I don't know about you, but everytime I ended up under a car (as in, it stopped on top of me) I was crushed to death and died. I wish it respawned me on top of the car or next to it. I once few out of the windshield after hitting a park bench (which SHOULD fall apart) and then the comet I was driving ran me over and stopped on top of me, killing me. PITA!

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:42 AM

A ped tried to steal my helicopter. But instead of flying, all he did was sit on the heliport with the props spinning.

vomica7
  • vomica7

Agent Orange

• Members

Posted 25 June 2008 - 01:53 AM

go behind the russian shop in the alley and walk against the wall and look towards the 69th street diner, some things dissapear depending on how you move the camera.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 25 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE (Mr. Someguy @ Jun 24 2008, 03:42)
A ped tried to steal my helicopter. But instead of flying, all he did was sit on the heliport with the props spinning.

I'm going to try and get a cop to chase me in one! lol.gif

RogsR34UK
  • RogsR34UK

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:52 AM

Ever since the update that I loaded last night, I seem to have lost some of my clothes. I had a couple of Russian outfits and had to buy one from Perseus for the Interview (fourth time through, second on PS3). I have done the bank job now and also Gerry's first mission. I was going to change into my Russian gear in case Kate called (she did on a previous load). I went to change and the only pants I have are for the Perseus suit... bizarre!

As for glitches. On the current save I have two yellow Patriots outside Playboy's apartment. I had one in the front space, before going in and another had spawned behind it when I came out.

PMan74
  • PMan74

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:28 AM

A couple of times Nico has stopped moving on me while it appears the world is still going on around him. Once at the strip club he didn't stand up after a dance (I'll leave you to ponder why wink.gif ) but in the end I had to turn off.

Yesterday I met Cherise outside Cluckin Bell and after the cut scene I took her away and drove off. When we got the destination we got out before the yellow indicator. When we stood on it to start the mission they just stood there and nothing else happened, although there was still litter flying about and what not. Again I had to restart. Thank god for autosave, as I'd just done a ULP mission.

Xstuz
  • Xstuz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

the most famous glitch of all time in iv must be the swing of death mercie_blink.gif

to bad u cant get the rolled over achivement while u "do" it

200th Pigeon
  • 200th Pigeon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:42 AM

QUOTE (TVremote @ Apr 28 2008, 21:30)
Omg one of the top 10 posts!
someone said there is a bug where u fix ur car
when tis damaged call 991 and then it will be repaired so i heard

Actually, you can dial ne number. and let it ring then your car goes.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:48 PM Edited by gamesguru, 01 July 2008 - 04:05 PM.

If you do the car 'proofing' glitch and then drive into petrol stands, sometimes the impact will send you into blue hell.

Also try hitting them with your helicopter blades; it barely damages the helicopter and you get cool explosions. Additionally I love ricocheting rockets (tip; easy to do on the beach), but today I managed to ricochet one off a bloke's head! lol.gif (Not really glitches, but I fought I would share the fun).

EDIT: Found another glitch. I was in the Broker medical centre and I shot and RPG inside which sent me flying 'through' the ceiling and I ended up seeing the weird ghostlike area people usually see when doing similar glitches. Check out these pics (sorry for hideous quality):

user posted imageuser posted image

shooty_9100se
  • shooty_9100se

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (lordmalak @ Apr 29 2008, 08:15)
A Strange Bug This one

me neighbour reloaded the game just to show me

he was out at a strip club with Roman it went to a cut scene of
a lap dance and just after the cut finished the strippers freaked out and
then security came in guns blazing

maybe something cut from AU Version or could be a weird
glitch

yeah ma man dis happened to ma i'm from egypt and i've just bought a ps3 40gigs and a GTA4 .....and i noticed that after the private strip finish the guard attack ma niko bellic .....so i wonder if it's a bug in da game???

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:04 PM

QUOTE (shooty_9100se @ Jul 1 2008, 17:56)
QUOTE (lordmalak @ Apr 29 2008, 08:15)
A Strange Bug This one

me neighbour reloaded the game just to show me

he was out at a strip club with Roman it went to a cut scene of
a lap dance and just after the cut finished the strippers freaked out and
then security came in guns blazing

maybe something cut from AU Version or could be a weird
glitch

yeah ma man dis happened to ma i'm from egypt and i've just bought a ps3 40gigs and a GTA4 .....and i noticed that after the private strip finish the guard attack ma niko bellic .....so i wonder if it's a bug in da game???

Did either of you get your phone out? As they have a 'NO' tolerance policy against them.

caladina
  • caladina

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:50 AM

majestic hotel lobby
while standing at the reception desk there was a man standing there but he kept dissapearing and reapearing obviously a glitch of some kind

CATERBIRD
  • CATERBIRD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:00 AM

Heres a funny one. one time i was in a bike and crashed. (interesting no?) and when i went back to get back in it stayed sideways in the ground as i was driving it! confused.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users