Confirmed Cheats

681 replies to this topic
dark bizard
  • dark bizard

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (wademanuk @ May 4 2008, 22:01)
Dialling 227-5550-147 interestingly also spawns a Turismo car.

This now means there are two working numbers that spawn this car.

The other known number for spawning a Turismo car is 227-5550-175

Therse no explanation for why there is two number for this car both of them are exactly the same once spawned.

Geuss all that talk about all the codes being found may not be true, they didnt find this one! So maybe thers more

Lil' Jacob
  • Lil' Jacob

Crackhead

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (wademanuk @ May 5 2008, 00:01)
Dialling 227-5550-147 interestingly also spawns a Turismo car.

This now means there are two working numbers that spawn this car.

The other known number for spawning a Turismo car is 227-5550-175

Therse no explanation for why there is two number for this car both of them are exactly the same once spawned.

No *-0147 is the Turismo, and the *-0175 is the Comet

Acegunn
  • Acegunn

Weather Wonk

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

I'll keep an eye out for cheat devices for next gen systems hopefully they will get around these legal problems that state that they can't be hacked

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:03 AM Edited by ryuclan, 05 May 2008 - 07:28 AM.

QUOTE (SLAiNTRAX @ May 4 2008, 16:12)
QUOTE (Seddo @ Apr 28 2008, 10:53)
QUOTE (chosen0ne @ Apr 28 2008, 11:51)
Do they disable achievements?

Yeah.

The spwan vehicle cheats don't.

But the cheats that do disable certain achievements are spawning the chopper, reducing your wanted star and the weapon cheats.

Can you save these numbers to the phone or do you have to type them in each time?

No you can't store them in your phone, you ahve to retype them in everytime you want to use them. Also if you getting shot at by police you can't use the mobile.

Now that's all wrong. None of the achievements get disabled - just tested out myself. Did the clear wanted level cheat, went to my safe house saved and restarted my xbox 360. Once it loaded the game I went to playboy x apartment and used the raise wanted level cheat to get 6 stars. Watched the TV for 5 minutes and the message saying that I unlocked the achievement popped up wink.gif Then I cleared my wanted level, saved again and restarted my 360. This time I took a taxi to the airport and got into a car, started to drive around the airport to get 4 stars. Took me about 1 minute to get the achievement while just driving around the airport. Once I got the achievement I got 4 stars again, because I stayed at the airport lol. Used the clear wanted level again and it all worked fine.

http://live.xbox.com...merTag=SLANTRAX - Proof (Im not from USA and don't mind the YES YES YES thing)

Myth totaly busted.

I thought so because it didn't say anything about disabling cheats when I put it in, I'm going to use it on a different profile.

Edit: This is correct, you can, in fact, save cheats that disable the achievements and still get them. You just can't get the achievement in the same session...

dark bizard
  • dark bizard

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE (Acegunn @ May 5 2008, 02:49)
I'll keep an eye out for cheat devices for next gen systems hopefully they will get around these legal problems that state that they can't be hacked

Its legal to hack them. But microsoft wont sign there discs. So there is absaoutley NO WAY at all around it. Best we can hope for is homebrew, then a homebrew cheat device.

Viper187
  • Viper187

Crazy Snake

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (dark bizard @ May 5 2008, 06:12)

Its legal to hack them. But microsoft wont sign there discs. So there is absaoutley NO WAY at all around it. Best we can hope for is homebrew, then a homebrew cheat device.

Is it possible to edit saves on either console, or are they encrypted to all hell?

lessQQmorePEWPEW
  • lessQQmorePEWPEW

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Apr 28 2008, 10:53)
QUOTE (chosen0ne @ Apr 28 2008, 11:51)
Do they disable achievements?

Yeah.

The spwan vehicle cheats don't.

But the cheats that do disable certain achievements are spawning the chopper, reducing your wanted star and the weapon cheats.

Can you save these numbers to the phone or do you have to type them in each time?

No you can't store them in your phone, you ahve to retype them in everytime you want to use them. Also if you getting shot at by police you can't use the mobile.

No the cheats are saved in your cellular. Just browse to the last option on your phone: Cheats, it will contain all the cheats you used.

Vercingeterix
  • Vercingeterix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Viper187 @ May 5 2008, 13:23)

Is it possible to edit saves on either console, or are they encrypted to all hell?

Technically it should be possible in the future (or now if I'm missing something) to edit the saves. For example, there exist several transfer kits to move saved data from the Xbox 360 to your PC, and its even easier with the PS3 which just requires some sort of memory stick or something to copy them across.

If the R* design saves which work on multiple systems and can be copied across, they are either not encrypted by the system, or the save uses the game disc as a public key to decrypt the save, at which point things become as easy as using PS3 linux to grab the save while the game is playing and therefore unencrypted.

Thing is, once completed save games start appearing on the internet, people who are too lazy to play the game will be silenced. The idea of editing save games seems like a 'sonic screwdriver' task. somebody would have to design software to do that, it isn't as simple as just bouncing around in notepad editing things.

If you still want a crack at this save editing malarky, and providing you have the PAL version of the game, I've uploaded one of my old backups of my save. It was only 9.44% complete at that point. Saved Game (PAL)

RAGE.SAV is the file your interested in.

Go ahead, but unless you can fluently read a proprietary encoding method represented in unicode chinese symbols using nothing but trusty notepad as a replacement for a tool that was developed by a team of hundreds of people for a couple of years, then you may be gawping hopelessly at a load of gibberish during the time that could be spent actually playing the game legitimately, but hey, what do I know, you may have a PhD in Unicode Chinese Game Saves for all I know.

Cjmainy
  • Cjmainy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (J Hater @ Apr 28 2008, 13:06)
I want invulerable cheat so i can jump from buildings and try to land on cars and do it again and again smile.gif

That would defy the object of the game. What's the point of hospitals if you've got a god mode cheat?

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

RAGE.SAV looks encrypted or compressed. I'm sure it's encrypted, maybe also compressed. It's really small. Only 1K, compared to 64K for LCS and VCS, and 200K for Vice City. The smaller savefile means fewer things to tweak.

There's just a few things that might be possible by editing the savefile. If there are any unused vehicles, they could be edited into your parking spot, and any unused weapons could be edited into your inventory. In SA, there was an armored FBI car that was only used in a cut scene. LCS had a smoke bomb, which was like the tear gas in VC but with black gas, and an unpowered Dodo and some helicopters left over from Vice City. VCS had landmines and you could get the Domestobot.

I don't know if the savefile encryption has been cracked. It probably has.

LCS:
user posted image user posted image

VCS:
user posted image

Vercingeterix
  • Vercingeterix

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (edisoncarter @ May 5 2008, 17:15)
RAGE.SAV looks encrypted or compressed. I'm sure it's encrypted, maybe also compressed. It's really small. Only 1K, compared to 64K for LCS and VCS, and 200K for Vice City. The smaller savefile means fewer things to tweak.

There's just a few things that might be possible by editing the savefile. If there are any unused vehicles, they could be edited into your parking spot, and any unused weapons could be edited into your inventory. In SA, there was an armored FBI car that was only used in a cut scene. LCS had a smoke bomb, which was like the tear gas in VC but with black gas, and an unpowered Dodo and some helicopters left over from Vice City. VCS had landmines and you could get the Domestobot.

I don't know if the savefile encryption has been cracked. It probably has.

Personally I just think it's encoded. Most save files are, and R* don't really have an incentive to mercilessly encrypt their saved data. But at most it would be what you just said, if not encrypted, then compressed.

Maybe the small save file explains why none of the cars outside my safe houses seem to stay there. People are whinging that it's because it's NYC, but personally it just seems like the game doing bog-standard memory cleanup after you leave the area. Blaming it on NYC seems like the excuses cartoon writers make up to hush the spotty teenagers complaining about incontinuity problems when really, they're 17 years old and really shouldn't still be interested in cartoons at that age.

Since really all there is to save is relationship status's, emails received, and mission states and or choices of route, then unlike the previous games, there is no need to save things such as cars, car modifications, car damage, car colours, and so forth like in SA.

But hey, I'm just a relentlessly opinionated noob with 3 uninspiring posts, a rubbish sig, a copy of GTA IV and a chip on my shoulder, whereas you are a respected member of the community with some real experience with a whole range of games in the GTA franchise, and thus if you think thats the way it is then your probably right.

edisoncarter
  • edisoncarter

Goon

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:17 PM Edited by edisoncarter, 05 May 2008 - 07:32 PM.

QUOTE (Vercingeterix @ May 5 2008, 11:44)
QUOTE (edisoncarter @ May 5 2008, 17:15)
RAGE.SAV looks encrypted or compressed.  I'm sure it's encrypted, maybe also compressed.

Personally I just think it's encoded. Most save files are, and R* don't really have an incentive to mercilessly encrypt their saved data.

Actually, yes they do. All saves are encrypted on the PSP so it's almost certainly encrypted on the PS3.

I agree about cars disappearing. They really should program it so the last car you drove never disappears. I can't believe they still didn't fix that by now. I wonder if they're doing some kind of improperly-parked checking. I gotta start parallel parking properly and see if that helps.

On Vice City I think they saved all the globals and the entire script state, scooping up everything whether it needed to be saved or not. They can't do that anymore for security reasons. On IV they must have picked out just exactly what needed to be saved and that's it. LCS/VCS had a few dense areas of data and one giant sparse section that was probably the script state that took up most of the file size.

It's never saved much data per garage car. Just the model number, main color, stripe color, damage-proof properties and position. The car records were about 20 bytes each but I don't remember anything else useful in the rest of the record. SA must have had to save mods as well.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Vercingeterix @ May 5 2008, 14:50)
QUOTE (Viper187 @ May 5 2008, 13:23)

Technically it should be possible in the future (or now if I'm missing something) to edit the saves. For example, there exist several transfer kits to move saved data from the Xbox 360 to your PC, and its even easier with the PS3 which just requires some sort of memory stick or something to copy them across.

If the R* design saves which work on multiple systems and can be copied across, they are either not encrypted by the system, or the save uses the game disc as a public key to decrypt the save, at which point things become as easy as using PS3 linux to grab the save while the game is playing and therefore unencrypted.

Thing is, once completed save games start appearing on the internet, people who are too lazy to play the game will be silenced. The idea of editing save games seems like a 'sonic screwdriver' task. somebody would have to design software to do that, it isn't as simple as just bouncing around in notepad editing things.

If you still want a crack at this save editing malarky, and providing you have the PAL version of the game, I've uploaded one of my old backups of my save. It was only 9.44% complete at that point. Saved Game (PAL)

RAGE.SAV is the file your interested in.

Go ahead, but unless you can fluently read a proprietary encoding method represented in unicode chinese symbols using nothing but trusty notepad as a replacement for a tool that was developed by a team of hundreds of people for a couple of years, then you may be gawping hopelessly at a load of gibberish during the time that could be spent actually playing the game legitimately, but hey, what do I know, you may have a PhD in Unicode Chinese Game Saves for all I know.

They already have devices for save files. just check

www.codejunkies.com

MYK [jamgi]
  • MYK [jamgi]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:23 PM

just wondering whats the big deal about losing achievements?

i mean like lets say i use one of the cheats that takes away an achievement.. what would have the achievement got me? does it do anything? well other than saying "you've earned this title" thing

gta-guru
  • gta-guru