san andreas mouse strange problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic
Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

hello, i recently installed gta sa in my pc running windows vista ultimate, everything works fine, no hangs, no errors, just a mouse strange problem, my mouse works in menus (except left and right buttons) but in game i cant rotate the camera, or fire just walk around whit keypad keys, the mouse only appears in menus but i can`t click on anything, this is really strange, in option i have the option keypad+mouse activated but no sucess, i can`t seem to find any solution all over the net, i tried everything, i saw 1 mouse problem that could be solved by entering pause menu and then resume some times, but this problem can`t resolve whit this solution, could you guys help me

thanks

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

You need to run San Andreas in 98 Compatibilty mode in Vista, because if you don't, the set file have this problem. I remember thats what I have to do, but I haven't used Vista in months (I use XP Now)

Right click gta_sa.exe, click properties, click Compatibilty tab, choose Windows 98/Me, then click apply then ok, then delete the gta_sa.set file located in (Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)

Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Apr 26 2008, 22:33)
You need to run San Andreas in 98 Compatibilty mode in Vista, because if you don't, the set file have this problem. I remember thats what I have to do, but I haven't used Vista in months (I use XP Now)

Right click gta_sa.exe, click properties, click Compatibilty tab, choose Windows 98/Me, then click apply then ok, then delete the gta_sa.set file located in (Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)

thanks a lot for your help, but i tried that already, but i doesn`t work either, i set win98 compatiblility and go to documents, gta folder and erase the .set file hope this is the one you are refering, then try to run the game, i see the cursor on the menu but can`t click on anything, then do start new game whit keypad and no luck, no camera movemnt by turning the mouse around

Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:43 PM Edited by Cometman, 26 April 2008 - 10:45 PM.

i am really desperate, i have seen some people whit the same problem but no solution sad.gif please help

sorry i forgot to mention my pc specs are

intel core 2 extreme qx6700
bfg 9800gx2
2gb ram
evga 680i
windows vista ultimate

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=307992

Try some of the solutions in that topic.

Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Apr 26 2008, 22:44)
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=307992

Try some of the solutions in that topic.

i can`t find any solution regarding the matter

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:57 PM

Whats your sound card? Sometimes it happens with Realtek, and others in Vista, you need to right click my computer, click properties, click Advanced settings, then click settings where it says peformance, click the advanced tab, and make sure it is set to best peformance for Background Services, not Programs. Now delete the set file (Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)

Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:22 AM Edited by Cometman, 27 April 2008 - 01:37 AM.

QUOTE (gtamodder @ Apr 26 2008, 22:57)
Whats your sound card? Sometimes it happens with Realtek, and others in Vista, you need to right click my computer, click properties, click Advanced settings, then click settings where it says peformance, click the advanced tab, and make sure it is set to best peformance for Background Services, not Programs. Now delete the set file (Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files)

my soundcard is x-fi xtreme music, whit latest drivers

i tried that, no luck the mouse not working correctly

another thing i tried installing it in another disk i have whit win xp pro sp2 and it does the same thing, everything works fine besides the mouse

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

Try changing your hardware accleration.
Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot > Slide the bar to the left.
This is a trial and error method. Keep the setting which suits you best.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Off the wall:

Is your mouse a USB?
If it is unplug all your USB devices and try mouse.
Try different ports. could be signal loss.
Then plug your stuff back in one at a time.

(Not my fix, found it elsewhere.)

by the way== I always suggest using a USB GamePad (12 button minimum) in the game. It is designed for it

Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (girishb @ Apr 27 2008, 09:40)
Try changing your hardware accleration.
Control Panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > Troubleshoot > Slide the bar to the left.
This is a trial and error method. Keep the setting which suits you best.

it isn`t possible, it says that my display adapter doesn`t permit changes in hardware acceleration

my mouse is logitech mx1000 laser mouse, i tried a corded mouse no luck sad.gif

Cometman
  • Cometman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:40 PM

wow i think i found what was the problem, i have a keyboard from logitech the dinovo edge, and it has a touchpad i deactivated it and now sometimes the mouse works, i am now stuck whit the comum problem of the mouse not working some times, i entered and exit pause menu 20 times and the mouse is now working, at least i can play smile.gif

GhostRider14
  • GhostRider14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

Is the Keyboard/Controller option set to Controller?
If it is set it to Keyboard that will work! biggrin.gif

GhostRider14
  • GhostRider14

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

Is the Keyboard/Controller option set to Controller?
If it is set it to Keyboard that will work! biggrin.gif

Sayrawr
  • Sayrawr

Designer

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 February 2010 - 05:21 PM

I hope you do know this is a 2 years old topic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users