Photo

Shot in the leg

33 replies to this topic
inveni0
  • inveni0

Man of the Hour

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

I haven't seen any video that shows Niko getting shot in the leg. It's been said that he WILL limp if shot in the leg. That sounds great!

My only problem is that I've seen lots of video where Niko gets his legs run over or hit by a car or pinned between cars, and he walks away without a limp.

How does this work? I'm guessing the realistic damage system only gauges bullet wounds?

beardedbastard
  • beardedbastard

Yankee Killah

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

I'm going to murder your PS3.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

I think it would be weak if he started limping when shot in the leg. You're already trying to get away from somebody. Thats only making the situation worse.

masaba
  • masaba

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, the peds get shot in the leg, fall down, then get up and try to escape with a limp.

j_kelly23
  • j_kelly23

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Apr 23 2008, 21:31)
I think it would be weak if he started limping when shot in the leg. You're already trying to get away from somebody. Thats only making the situation worse.

but that would happen in real life, and GTA is SUPPOSED to be like real life. I think it will still be fun, because if you are close enough to a car, even if you are shot in the leg, you can just hop in and go.

smokeythedemon
  • smokeythedemon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

Yea, I saw a video where Niko shot a ped in the leg and he fell over.. But of course he couldn't get up because the guy who was playing shot the ped repeatedly when he was on the ground tounge.gif

JakeyC
  • JakeyC

3 Days!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (smokeythedemon @ Apr 23 2008, 21:42)
Yea, I saw a video where Niko shot a ped in the leg and he fell over.. But of course he couldn't get up because the guy who was playing shot the ped repeatedly when he was on the ground tounge.gif

ye that was mint lol and before he got up the guy was lying on the floor after already being shot lol until he finally got back up again to run

needforspeed01
  • needforspeed01

Enforcer

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:47 PM

wtf is gta4 going to be a f*ckin remake of the getaway??????????? wow really this gta4 installment has turned really f*cking gay..... after seeing the leaked footage (i just had to there wasn't an option) I don't want the game anymore, its a vile peice fo f*ckin brainwashing trash...

Rambone2007
  • Rambone2007

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (JakeyC @ Apr 23 2008, 21:43)
QUOTE (smokeythedemon @ Apr 23 2008, 21:42)
Yea, I saw a video where Niko shot a ped in the leg and he fell over.. But of course he couldn't get up because the guy who was playing shot the ped repeatedly when he was on the ground  tounge.gif

ye that was mint lol and before he got up the guy was lying on the floor after already being shot lol until he finally got back up again to run

With the Union Jack in your avatar, I'd figure that you'd be able to type out a proper sentence.

What are you trying to say? That people get up and run unphased even after plugging them a few times? If so, I know this isn't true.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (j_kelly23 @ Apr 23 2008, 21:41)

but that would happen in real life, and GTA is SUPPOSED to be like real life. I think it will still be fun, because if you are close enough to a car, even if you are shot in the leg, you can just hop in and go.

Limping and stumbling are two different things. If he gets shot and stumbles then ok, if he gets shot and walks slower then that will piss me off. Also, it's not supposed to be real life...

Spawngasm
  • Spawngasm

Rattle your Head!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (needforspeed01 @ Apr 23 2008, 16:47)
wtf is gta4 going to be a f*ckin remake of the getaway??????????? wow really this gta4 installment has turned really f*cking gay..... after seeing the leaked footage (i just had to there wasn't an option) I don't want the game anymore, its a vile peice fo f*ckin brainwashing trash...

It's not like you'll get shot in the leg every time. Anyway, if you're injured you can call the cops to come to help you out. It makes the game better IMO. Now you'll have to do some actual thinking before completing the missions. I want it to be challenging.

jimboob412
  • jimboob412

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (needforspeed01 @ Apr 23 2008, 21:47)

You will get GTA4 on release day. I know you will. Don't lie.

Rambone2007
  • Rambone2007

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (Spawngasm @ Apr 23 2008, 22:01)
QUOTE (needforspeed01 @ Apr 23 2008, 16:47)

It's not like you'll get shot in the leg every time. Anyway, if you're injured you can call the cops to come to help you out. It makes the game better IMO. Now you'll have to do some actual thinking before completing the missions. I want it to be challenging.

Exactly.

Plus, I haven't heard a single reviewer complain that the damage system made the gameplay suck.

Shotta876
  • Shotta876

Play B3yond

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

Peds/cops/etc. have those effects; Niko is different.

Rambone2007
  • Rambone2007

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Shotta876 @ Apr 23 2008, 22:10)

Possibly. I know that Niko begins to limp after getting popped in the leg (not sure how much damage it takes) and his aiming is a bit off if his arms are f*cked up.

BTW, awesome avatar. I love "The Wire".

Spawngasm
  • Spawngasm

Rattle your Head!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (Rambone2007 @ Apr 23 2008, 17:14)

Possibly. I know that Niko begins to limp after getting popped in the leg (not sure how much damage it takes) and his aiming is a bit off if his arms are f*cked up.

That feature is going to piss a lot of people off, but it don't really affect me because I'm used to it because of playing Swat 4.

needforspeed01
  • needforspeed01

Enforcer

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (jimboob412 @ Apr 23 2008, 22:09)
QUOTE (needforspeed01 @ Apr 23 2008, 21:47)

You will get GTA4 on release day. I know you will. Don't lie.

now it depends if im in the mood.... I actually have other things to do on the 29th that pertain to my employment lol

e2thejdot
  • e2thejdot

The best there ever was.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (Spawngasm @ Apr 23 2008, 22:21)

That feature is going to piss a lot of people off, but it don't really affect me because I'm used to it because of playing Swat 4.

Thats how you seperate real GTAers from the new blood. Those of us who have been playing GTA since the beginning won't bitch about little things like a leg wound. We adapt to the game and get good at not getting shot in the leg. If your running through the game without using the new cover system, you deserve to be limping around like an idiot.

Evil_X_13
  • Evil_X_13

I smoke that purple all day son!

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

Agree,correct!

SP1LL3R
  • SP1LL3R

Beast

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:28 PM

But if you was getting away from the cops, Would wouldnt really care
if you was in pain, You'd still run, Maybe? dozingoff.gif

Rambone2007
  • Rambone2007

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (e2thejdot @ Apr 23 2008, 22:27)

Thats how you seperate real GTAers from the new blood. Those of us who have been playing GTA since the beginning won't bitch about little things like a leg wound. We adapt to the game and get good at not getting shot in the leg. If your running through the game without using the new cover system, you deserve to be limping around like an idiot.

user posted image

e2thejdot
  • e2thejdot

The best there ever was.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (SP1LL3R @ Apr 23 2008, 22:28)

But if you was getting away from the cops, Would wouldnt really care
if you was in pain, You'd still run, Maybe? dozingoff.gif

Adrenaline would only get you so far. True, I've ran on a broken ankle when I was in shock after being hit with a car IRL.. but everyone reacts differently. There is no true gauge on adrenaline. In rare instances some people in shock have had superhuman strength.. but thats not to say everyone will.

CaptainDude
  • CaptainDude

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

Very Well sayed E2thejdot icon14.gif , i agree

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

I would imagine crouching being really painful with a leg wound....Also I hope if you get shot in the hand you can't shoot or steer, and if you get shot in the back you get paralyzed and if you get shot in the ass you can't get in cars, and if you get shot in the nuts you can't get girlfriends, and if you get shot in the chest you'll die from blood loss or your lungs collapsing or if you get shot in the toe you lose your balance, or if you get shot in the....

Rambone2007
  • Rambone2007

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Apr 23 2008, 22:53)

I would imagine crouching being really painful with a leg wound....Also I hope if you get shot in the hand you can't shoot or steer, and if you get shot in the back you get paralyzed and if you get shot in the ass you can't get in cars, and if you get shot in the nuts you can't get girlfriends, and if you get shot in the chest you'll die from blood loss or your lungs collapsing or if you get shot in the toe you lose your balance, or if you get shot in the....

I love your sarcasm.

but seriously....none of us truly want 100% realism. The ame would be unplayable. However, most of us want realism within reason. It's within reason, IMHO, to have limb damage affect your movements. From what I understand, it's not like you get shot once and you're limping all of a sudden.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Rambone2007 @ Apr 23 2008, 23:12)
QUOTE (ryuclan @ Apr 23 2008, 22:53)

I love your sarcasm.

but seriously....none of us truly want 100% realism. The ame would be unplayable. However, most of us want realism within reason. It's within reason, IMHO, to have limb damage affect your movements. From what I understand, it's not like you get shot once and you're limping all of a sudden.

I understand that, and thank you for not saying something like "You f*cking idiot that wouldn't be fun!!!!" I just wrote that because I don't see how you are not a true "GTAer" for disliking something in it.

gold_leader
  • gold_leader

sasquatch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:50 PM

its not gonna be like the other gtas, where you run and gun, you're gonna be behind cover alot of the time when your fighting. so getting hit is gonna be harder; when you do get hit its probally gonna be in the torso or arms.

Shotta876
  • Shotta876

Play B3yond

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

I was actually hoping for it to be hard as hell to make it out of a gun battle. I'm glad that Niko limps and his arm gets f*cked up when hit. THIS IS WHY THE COVER SYSTEM WAS IMPLEMENTED, PEOPLE!!!!!!

WellsMcK
  • WellsMcK

Mt. Hood

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (needforspeed01 @ Apr 23 2008, 14:47)

LEAVE RIGHT NOW YOU F*CKING BASTARD!

Agravice
  • Agravice

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

ok so he gets run over, then what? he lies there and writhes in pain while trying to drag himself to the curb? wow, what a f**king fun game to play! c'mon be real here, at the end of the day this is still just entertainment. if it was too real it'd be lame. the shot in the leg/limping thing is hopefully only a minor handicap that hinders your escape. with that in mind i'm trying to wait and find out for my own how it really is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users