Photo

PS3 DLC

56 replies to this topic
Sircus
  • Sircus

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:51 PM

Hey there, so thing is that my brother works for Sony US. He is a PR agent for them. I was talking to him yesterday and he told me that there is a big chance Microsoft has paid for a year of time exclusivity for DLC for Xbox. After this period of time he says Rockstar just might release the same content to PS3 Owners. He said this is not 100% but the chances of it have been rising since early october last year.

Now for all u people there, im not a fanboy! i love each console for the different sh*t it brings and i also feel that if the DLC for Xbox is Exclusive then MS have made a very good business strategy. But according to me bro, (who i trust everyword off cause he's not a gamer himself) Rockstar had hinted early last year that there was no target console, and since he is often in touch with R* PR people i think he might have a point.

Let me know what you think, hope this isnt a waste of post space smile.gif

emigrating
  • emigrating

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

GetALife

BowZa28
  • BowZa28

New Account: Bowz

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:06 AM

Just wishful thinking.

shick
  • shick

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

I hope that's true, but I don't like your sources...

"my brother has heard something from somewhere"

DDR Midian
  • DDR Midian

<3 Banshee

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

My uncle is the queen of Liberty City and he says the DLC will be a pimp hat for Niko. P.S. His real name is Niko and Rockstar spent the $50,000,000 they had for DLC on my uncle just so they could use his name.

Also, I own GTA IV and V.

And VI.

Sircus
  • Sircus

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (shick @ Apr 22 2008, 00:07)
I hope that's true, but I don't like your sources...

"my brother has heard something from somewhere"

my friend, i wish it would be cool to just give off his name. an i didnt say somewhere, he is a Public Relations agent for Sony America.

¤FireStyle¤
  • ¤FireStyle¤

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:44 AM

my friend, i wish it would be cool to just give off his name. an i didnt say somewhere, he is a Public Relations agent for Sony America.

...dude your getting flack cause you aren't the first to make these kind of posts....

..people have always been posting stuff like "My bro works for R* and said...." or "My uncle works for sony and he says..." or "My Mommy played GTA..." or "GTA SA will have a jet pack in it..." you see where I am going...and most of it has been false....so this is why it's kinda hard for ppl to belive you.

Warnut
  • Warnut

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:54 AM

QUOTE (¤FireStyle¤ @ Apr 22 2008, 00:44)

...dude your getting flack cause you aren't the first to make these kind of posts....

..people have always been posting stuff like "My bro works for R* and said...." or "My uncle works for sony and he says..." or "My Mommy played GTA..." or "GTA SA will have a jet pack in it..." you see where I am going...and most of it has been false....so this is why it's kinda hard for ppl to belive you.

sorry if you were being sarcastic about this part
but there was a jetpack in SA :S so that cant be faulse
if ya said SA had a helicopter that tranformed into a train yeh that wasnt in the game but alwell

as i said if u were being sarcastic im sorry

Isuck100%
  • Isuck100%

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:56 AM

QUOTE (Sircus @ Apr 21 2008, 23:51)
Hey there, so thing is that my brother works for Sony US. He is a PR agent for them. I was talking to him yesterday and he told me that there is a big chance Microsoft has paid for a year of time exclusivity for DLC for Xbox. After this period of time he says Rockstar just might release the same content to PS3 Owners. He said this is not 100% but the chances of it have been rising since early october last year.

Now for all u people there, im not a fanboy! i love each console for the different sh*t it brings and i also feel that if the DLC for Xbox is Exclusive then MS have made a very good business strategy. But according to me bro, (who i trust everyword off cause he's not a gamer himself) Rockstar had hinted early last year that there was no target console, and since he is often in touch with R* PR people i think he might have a point.

And my uncle's cousin works for Sony US. He is also a PR agent for them. He told me today that the game has been cancelled for the PS3 and all future GTAs will be exclusive to the 360 and the Wii.

iCoke
  • iCoke

This is great

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Sircus @ Apr 21 2008, 18:51)
Hey there, so thing is that my brother works for Sony US.

Maybe your "brother" has agreed with this from Sony http://www.videogame.../news-7898.html

yawn.gif

DDR Midian
  • DDR Midian

<3 Banshee

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Isuck100% @ Apr 22 2008, 00:56)
And my uncle's cousin works for Sony US. He is also a PR agent for them. He told me today that the game has been cancelled for the PS3 and all future GTAs will be exclusive to the 360 and the Wii.

Cool, it looks like your uncle's cousin and my uncle know each other.

Agravice
  • Agravice

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

I believe your brother has a condition known as Anal Exodus Annunciation. Also known as talking out his ass.

Juѕtin
  • Juѕtin

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

I think the PS3 will get some decent DLC just not to the extent of the 360.

Btw BowZa28 nice avatar inlove.gif

rebalrouser
  • rebalrouser

Rouser or Arouser????

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:03 AM

Who cares about the "My brother said" it sounds reasonable

bonesmccoy
  • bonesmccoy

Sabotage

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (iCoke @ Apr 22 2008, 00:57)
QUOTE (Sircus @ Apr 21 2008, 18:51)
Hey there, so thing is that my brother works for Sony US.

Maybe your "brother" has agreed with this from Sony http://www.videogame.../news-7898.html

yawn.gif

Okay - it's articles like this one that drive me crazy. No where does this Sony fellow say PS3 gamers 'don't need DLC', he says that he doesn't think a 'huge percentage' of gamers will download the DLC while they are still enjoying the core game. That does not mean that the PS3 will never have the DLC (although that may be true) or that the DLC would not benefit Sony, just that this particular person does not think it will be a major factor in Sony's ability to move it's product. And yet James Orry, author of the piece, uses a misleading lede by rearranging a bunch of independent statements into a more 'controversial' statement. Pathetic how broadsheet journalism is virtually extinct these days.

nadalcameron
  • nadalcameron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 01:50 AM

Of note, I don't think Microsoft would pay 50 Million or whatever the ridiculous price was for A) A one year period of exclusivity or B) Just /some/ exclusivity but not complete. Thats a /LOT/ of money to pay for DLC to come out only on your console if your not planning on making it 100% and more permenant then a year. Sorry, but you my friend are either A) A liar or B) your brother talks out his ass.

Lord Illicious
  • Lord Illicious

S H A O L I N NYC

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:16 AM

A one year period of exclusivity for 50 million would mean that dlc was meant for all realeases including PC and PS3.

They paid 50 mil for exclusive (360 only) content so in other word that same licensed content for the 360 will never be seen anywhere else nor would it's contract expire unless its a lease for a set period of time.

But who would pay a 50mil investment for leased exclusive content when it would expire and return the consumers elsewhere?.

Im getting the PS3 version but if you want the exclusive extras then go for the 360 or you can wait till the PC version get its mods and hacks like most GTAs do.

Dont think it would be tough to get 360 content to be combined with a PC after some time (long time prolly).

Darkgamr
  • Darkgamr

Keep It Gucci

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (DDR Midian @ Apr 21 2008, 19:09)
My uncle is the queen of Liberty City and he says the DLC will be a pimp hat for Niko. P.S. His real name is Niko and Rockstar spent the $50,000,000 they had for DLC on my uncle just so they could use his name.

Also, I own GTA IV and V.

And VI.

hows VI? V kinda disappointed me, does IV improve the controls at all? And is there finally 128 player MMO?

gagebastian
  • gagebastian

PS3 Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:22 AM

f*ck all of you cynical piece of sh*ts. you all live the most pathetic f*cking lives, every f*cking day you salivate over coming onto this forum, glaring at screen shots, and cutting harmless people down. no wonder you sit at home all day jacking off and playing video games, you are all douches.

nadalcameron
  • nadalcameron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:29 AM

Well sh*t, Bastian caught onto me. Obviously that was all I ever wanted to do, beside masturbate and .. that other thing he said I can't remember.

I still proclaim it a lie, because you know, LEGAL CONTRACTS and all that pertaining to the DLC. Funny how the facts show the lies, and then the liars all get uppity and throw insults cause they were proved to be in the wrong. Funny. .

kerem101
  • kerem101

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:30 AM

i dont know 50 million is alot of money...it can pay for 2 game productions

ripsta_bone
  • ripsta_bone

The Righteous One

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:36 AM

QUOTE (Sircus @ Apr 21 2008, 23:51)

It's useless to post this kind of information online.

Because no one is gonna care, nor believe you.

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:41 AM

I believe it is possible that Microsoft payed for TIMED exclusivity. Not complete exclusivity.

It's very, very possible.

You guys do know Rockstar had a say so in the DLC, right? It's not like Microsoft went to them and said, "I demand you to make this, this way, and this is how I want it to be."

They could have done that, but Rockstar most likely said, "Ok, we'll do this, but we want to change this, this, and we're going to do this our way instead of yours."

It's how business works. Microsoft does NOT call the shots.

nadalcameron
  • nadalcameron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:47 AM

No, they don't necessarily call the shots, however look at the amount of money. Why would they agree to different terms, unless it wasl ike five or ten years, past the life of the game, and still pay 50 Million? Not to mention their also helping Promote GTA IV with the commercials, further encouraging the Xbox 360 version, I don't think I've seen an add commenting on a PS3 version yet. Obviously Xbox is pushing to have this be a 'key' game to associate with their console even though its on multiple consoles. But fifty million for one year exclusivity is a dumb move even to me. Thats like, a little more then four million a month. Ridiculous.

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:54 AM

Companies pay huge amounts all of the time for one year deals.

Although, GTA IV is definitely not the saving Grace for xbox. They are billions, almost 6 billion dollars lost in their gaming division.

It's very possible that they really did pay for only timed exclusivity.

Time will tell, as of right now, neither of us is right.

gagebastian
  • gagebastian

PS3 Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:43 AM Edited by gagebastian, 22 April 2008 - 04:50 AM.

im tired of hearing about people fight and argue about things they are completely ignorant about. First of all, no one here is an expert on business or how much microsoft would pay for wat, so dont even say anything if it's an unsupported statement that you assume is true. Also, maybe if you f*cking sh*ts trusted people once in a while you might be able to make friends in real life rather than just on grand theft auto forums, nobody here knows whether his story is true, but im going to take it as true until he is proven otherwise instead of being a cynical douche bag.

nadalcameron
  • nadalcameron

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:51 AM

Good for you bastian. The sign of a true man, when in doubt, question their sexuality.

gagebastian
  • gagebastian

PS3 Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (nadalcameron @ Apr 22 2008, 04:51)
Good for you bastian. The sign of a true man, when in doubt, question their sexuality.

not sure wat ur referring to...

Niall_S
  • Niall_S

#10,050

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:56 AM

Hey Josh, is there a date for Home's release yet?

bonesmccoy
  • bonesmccoy

Sabotage

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

QUOTE (gagebastian @ Apr 22 2008, 03:22)
f*ck all of you cynical piece of sh*ts. you all live the most pathetic f*cking lives, every f*cking day you salivate over coming onto this forum, glaring at screen shots, and cutting harmless people down. no wonder you sit at home all day jacking off and playing video games, you are all douches.

LOL!

I've made this point elsewhere, but I'll do it again: Companies make deals like this all the time for first mover rights, let alone exclusivity. Perhaps this is first time it is happened in the video game industry, but it happens all the time in the business world. Pick up an issue of The Economist, the Financial Post, or watch ROBtv for goodness' sake. Microsoft is a massive company with oodles of capital to drop, and when a part of the company is in trouble, they usually make hasty deals to buy their way out of trouble. It's worked before, and it could work again.

And the plain fact is that we don't have any details other than the purported price tag of the 'exclusive' DLC and the estimated release dates. Remember this happening years ago when GTA titles were 'permanent exclusives' for the PS2, only for the Xbox to get them a year later?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users