Quantcast

» «
Photo

whens a good time to get off the internetz?

20 replies to this topic
Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:58 AM

alright with gta just about 8 days away theres bound to be huge spoilers from people on these forums and videos/ruined suprises and possible spoiler endings. just wondering when would be a good time for us guys that dont wana ruin the story should go offline. i think starting tommorow im going offline completely until gta comes out. i dont care about the reviews or gameplay footage or w/e spoilers will come out. i want to experience the game first hand instead of from some cheap gameplay footage online. what about you guys?

PS.. does anyone WANT TO see gameplay footage? dosent that just ruin the feeling when you play it for the first time?

kenny petrovic
  • kenny petrovic

african jew wearing a hoody.....

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:00 AM

right now, im posting the final cutscene in 5 minutes wow.gif

Trigger90
  • Trigger90

GangStar

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (Chris_GTR1 @ Apr 20 2008, 07:58)
alright with gta just about 8 days away theres bound to be huge spoilers from people on these forums and videos/ruined suprises and possible spoiler endings. just wondering when would be a good time for us guys that dont wana ruin the story should go offline. i think starting tommorow im going offline completely until gta comes out. i dont care about the reviews or gameplay footage or w/e spoilers will come out. i want to experience the game first hand instead of from some cheap gameplay footage online. what about you guys?

PS.. does anyone WANT TO see gameplay footage? dosent that just ruin the feeling when you play it for the first time?

I want to see it yh, aslong as its not major like... the main part of a story line... or the ending then im good.

twofacetanner
  • twofacetanner

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

we get the first batch wednesday so it will get out just after that i bet thats when i am leaving till i finish it

Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

i feel like ive already ruined a great part of the gta4 experience from all the freaken magazine previews ive read. ive almost literally read everysingle mag preview made. i know it just woulda been soo soo damn awesome if i pop in the game then experience all these things first hand instead of some gameplay video. i mean, how amazing would it have been to figure out theres atm machines in game. but i read it somewhere so that suprise is now ruined. you know what i mean. tommorow im going offline cause i know if i dont ill defenelty come here and see a thred click it , then the duchebag just purposely says the final ending with no spoiler warning

hundredsofpoops
  • hundredsofpoops

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

Yeah - i'm done after tonight... The whole scene is devolving at a rapid pace anyways and surprises are better than not surprises.

kornon
  • kornon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

well i think soon would be the best time like after this weekend. now that the game and the guide r so close to release there are going to be spoilers and more f*cking stupids threads of fakes spoilers and sh*t from little kids so maybe after the weekend would be good....thats what im doing

Calum
  • Calum

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:40 AM

I'll be going off on around the 28th wink.gif . Why not just stay on the forum but just in off-topic wink.gif .

GTA3Rockstar
  • GTA3Rockstar

--------------------

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Lifetime Achievement Award
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:41 AM

When you quit stuffing your faces full of cheesecake.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

I'll probably go off on Friday.

truespur
  • truespur

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

ill prob leave from next thursday

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:46 AM Edited by Runey., 20 April 2008 - 08:53 AM.

Wouldn't have to worry about spoilers if people would use spoiler tags..

Also, when people get off their high horse.

L33t Masta
  • L33t Masta

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

At the 5 day mark I'll be gone. With Halo 3 I was gone 10 days.

infiniteammo
  • infiniteammo

Ľab igne ignem capereĽ

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:52 AM

QUOTE (Chris_GTR1 @ Apr 20 2008, 03:58)

Well, there are other parts of gtaforums that you can inhabit. If you're planning on doing any online GTAIV stuff you could hit the multiplayer forums, not a lot of people there are the spoiling type really, I mean they'll be meeting you online and up for punishment if they did. biggrin.gif

I do get where you're coming from though, I'll probably veer off from the GTAIV forums themselves as things get close, the mods do the best they can, but a small handful of kids can run amok and post spoilers in topic titles and hammer the forum with nonsense, and at last count there was WAY more than a handful of those kinds of bastards out there... barf8bd.gif

It's unfortunate that it is what it is, but I highly suggest if you plan on doing online gameplay hitting the multiplayer forum and meeting up with like-minded folks, playing other games with them online to pass the time will help, and give you a feel for if you want to play GTAIV with them or not when it hits. icon14.gif

mrernie
  • mrernie

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:58 AM

About a week ago.

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:06 AM

The 28th. There will be nothing leaked. The only time
you need to worry about is when everyone has the game.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

Im gonna leve here on the Sunday 27th, just to make sure no one puts a spoiler on before i complete it myself.

Hakanku
  • Hakanku

Topboy [LCC]

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

I will be avoiding the GTA4 part of the forums until I have completed the game myself, but I will still try and go on the general and multiplayer part.

jebness
  • jebness

And you stare at me, in your jesus christ pose.

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:56 AM

I don't really mind seeing spoilers because it's nothing compared to actually playing it. The game won't arive at my door until around May the 3rd anyhow.

fordies
  • fordies

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

I will be leaving and not going anywhere near anything even slightly to do with GTA IV after friday.

[-Vice-Andreas-]
  • [-Vice-Andreas-]

neworderarmy

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

But seriously... who comes here this often after GTA4 is already released?

I say... soak up in the glory of the new GTA game... let yourself get too excited, its fun. How often do we get this excited? I mean I'm usually excited for new GTA games, but this is a new generation of GTA (new graphics and style etc) so its completely fresh and new. I'm happy to research the buggery out of it until release date. I don't see the harm. If there are spoilers posted on this forum, there is usually PLENTY of warning before clicking on the actual topic. Just don't let temptation get the better of you and you'll be cool.

I doubt much will be spoilt anyway. Not until the game is out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users